Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

He is a poor mans Sergio Ramos. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Rojo is excellent nowadays.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Hasn't put a foot wrong when playing at CB for us this season. Doesn't deserve to not be in the starting lineup next season if he continues to play like this.

How far we've come.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Brilliant again. Incredible turnaround really, gone from everyone wanting rid of him to being one of the first names on the teamsheet. Fair play to the lad.

Jaybomb

Brilliant again. Incredible turnaround really, gone from everyone wanting rid of him to being one of the first names on the teamsheet. Fair play to the lad.
Just goes to show some fans don't know what the feck they're talking about.

Rojo's talent to me was obvious since the World Cup.

To be honest, I'd probably have him in the Top 5 CBs in the league. Luiz/Van Dijk/Alderweireld/Koscielny/Rojo for me.

Jaybomb

Jones was better in his time on the pitch, but Rojo certainly was one of our better players
Jones is a mess beside anyone else. Rojo is making him look good and covering up his flaws.

I'll give Big Phil a bit of credit though, he's been solid alongside him. But I think going forward, Bailly/Rojo is the one.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Our only player that should be happy with his performance tonight. He's made the spot his own, it'll take some excellent performances from the other centre backs to get it off him now.

Sylar

Unlucky with his header too. Did as much as he could given the way it came at him.
As LCB, he is really good and the only one in our team who should play there. His understanding with Jones is really good.

MounchesterUtd

This season's second best CB in the PL only after Luiz. Still quite young for a CB too, and is very vocal at the back. Future captain material maybe?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Gotta give it to Maureen. It's like we sold the imposter and sign the real deal this season.

ti vu

This season's second best CB in the PL only after Luiz. Still quite young for a CB too, and is very vocal at the back. Future captain material maybe?
Does he speak English well? You can't be captain here and not doing any interviews in English. I don't mean communicating but control the situation in the press

Last edited:

Jaybomb

Our only player that should be happy with his performance tonight. He's made the spot his own, it'll take some excellent performances from the other centre backs to get it off him now.
I have a bad feeling Jose will play him as a LB to fit Smalling in again and he'll have a horror show. Leading people to forget about how good he is as a CB. It's happened before.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I have a bad feeling Jose will play him as a LB to fit Smalling in again and he'll have a horror show. Leading people to forget about how good he is as a CB. It's happened before.
I doubt it, Mourinho only has to look at the difference between Rojo's performance tonight compared to last week against the same opposition to realise how stupid that'd be. Every single part of his game is better when he's played central.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Jones is a mess beside anyone else. Rojo is making him look good and covering up his flaws.

I'll give Big Phil a bit of credit though, he's been solid alongside him. But I think going forward, Bailly/Rojo is the one.
My post was only based on tonight's performance. It's usually Rojo covering for Jones but tonight when they were both on the pitch it was Jones covering Rojos albeit minor errors in the first half. Been very impressed with Rojo though this season and as i said one of our better performers again tonight

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Rough first half, when his main job was to pass the ball, better second half when he was actually needed to do some defending.

Weird how his attacking headers are quite poor though, you'd think he'd be better at them (I don't know why you'd think that exactly, but you just would)

soapythecat

Once he settled, he was accurate and composed. Good passing, tackling and positioning. Great performance overall. I really have enjoyed watching him this season. Loves being a red, too.

NinjaFletch

I think his best games at LB have come when he's done a number on an oppositions attacking players and not been asked to do too much with the ball, so maybe thats the thinking here? Leicester do have a threat on the break.

Still think its weird to move your best centre-back out to accommodate Smalling

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He was so crap on the left last time and has been so good in the middle that the obvious thing to do is play him on the left again. See also Rashford.

Then let the natural lefties Shaw and Martial rot.

JeffBoomTetris

Good so far. Mahrez and Simpson aren't having an inch on the right side thanks to Rojo and Rashers. The one time that Mahrez did get 1v1 against Rojo, he was properly marshaled into a bad shot

King.of.Red

I really dont like him as LB although his defending was good today, very strong. His best performance is always as CB. well, it's about Jose strategy I think. #rojoisred

ice-bionic red

Prefer him as CB with Baily but played well at LB. He's a player who will always be up for a fight and we need that

Full bodied red

One of his better displays at LB today - but not difficult, as most of his games at LB have been more than forgettable.

But I'll agree with the posts above - a genuine star this season at CB but was looking full of potential before that injury at Athletic his first season and then farting around at LB all last season.

Rojo and Bailly will never be as good a combination as Ferdinand and Vidic but maybe better than Bruce and Pallister. Whatever, I reckon they can be as good a combination as any other pairing that we've seen in the EPL this season.

Also like the way he seems to love playing for us and everything else about United - remember Stoke last year when he stood with the fans ?

Sylar

One of his better displays at LB today - but not difficult, as most of his games at LB have been more than forgettable.
I think its because at defending side hes fine, At attacking its not great. For the first 40 minutes it was mostly defending and he did well.

I do agree hes better at LCB though where I cant remember a stinker from him.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
I thought the substitution was strange.
While I agree we could've used anybody at LB once the two goals were scored, I still don't understand why you would waste a substitution unless he did pick up a knock? There was no tactical advantage to the change?

Perhaps with the success of Bailly & Smalling as a pairing, Mourinho will continue opt for Rojo at LB for any perceived difficult games rather than Blind, Darmian & Shaw who wasn't even dressed for Leicester!
Good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.