Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

Him and Bailly should be starting together whenever possible, from now until the end of the season.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Playing consistently well at CB under Mourinho regardless of who plays alongside him & seems more confident in that position every time he plays.
As most have mentioned, not so clever at LB but in the absence of a clear cut 1st choice LB, he's head & shoulders above our the other 3 CB's (as a LB)

He & Bailly may well be our best choice pairing at CB but I'm happy we have such depth (with Jones & Smalling) in such an important role.

Silverman

Rojo or Blind should be partnering Bailly as our starting CB's. Smalling and Jones have looked nervous of late and Rojo seems to have taken his chance with both hands. I know a lot aren't too keen on Blind at CB but I think pairing him with Bailly would work. Bailly would be the tough tackler and Blind's distribution from the back would be brilliant for starting attacks. I do recall Blind dealing with Lukaku very well last season so he doesn't get bullied.

King.of.Red

he played well again. very consistent this season under Jose and each time he plays as CB, I always feel our defense is safe. a beast.

RB7N

I love how vocal he is, and how he directs his teammates around, and I'm guessing that's why it doesn't seem to matter who his partner at CB is. It's also a lot easier to come on as a debutant like Tuanzebe and Pereira yesterday when the established players help them out like that. He is also so, so much better than Smalling with the ball.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
:lol::lol:

You off the Smalling bandwagon?
I'm officially cutting the ribbon on the #RojoPlusOne movement. I still like Smalling, but I don't think he can justify the 'me plus one' status I had given him in the past.

Robbie Boy

I'm officially cutting the ribbon on the #RojoPlusOne movement. I still like Smalling, but I don't think he can justify the 'me plus one' status I had given him in the past.
I like this new movement. I want to see a Rojo/Bailly partnership to see how that goes..

Robbie Boy

Imagine typing out this post on 1st August 2016 :lol:
It would have been ban worthy!

Oh how things change. People in the Smalling thread that dare suggest Rojo is a better option are accused of over-praising Rojo and being Smalling 'haters' even though Rojo was abused on here since he arrived, up until recently.

It would have been ban worthy!

Oh how things change. People in the Smalling thread that dare suggest Rojo is a better option are accused of over-praising Rojo and being Smalling 'haters' even though Rojo was abused on here since he arrived, up until recently.
Exactly, just shows that most fans are absolutely open to changing their opinions, but only after a long run of top form.

Robbie Boy

Exactly, just shows that most fans are abaolutely open to changing their opinions, but only after a long run of top form.
Yup couldn't agree more, and fans will ultimately criticise players that were once excelling who then have massive dips in form. It comes with the territory.

I have done a full 360 on Rojo. I would have happily driven him to his next club but you have to give credit where it's due; he's been excellent this season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There's something else with Rojo for me, more than him just 'playing well'. Jones is 'playing well'. Rojo, however, gives me a different feeling in that he is a Mourinho man. He is the type of warrior Mourinho trusts, and I can't see him being dislodged from our team. He embodies the sort of character Jose seems to like, but not only that, the kind of story he seems to favour too.

Mourinho has a record of building special bonds with certain players, and if you win his trust, even if there are 'better' players, Rojo is 'his' player. Even Zlatan is more than just a top player. He is a Mourinho disciple. Jose signed Filipe Luis for big money, but Azpilicueta became his man. I see Rojo as one of these.

There's something else with Rojo for me, more than him just 'playing well'. Jones is 'playing well'. Rojo, however, gives me a different feeling in that he is a Mourinho man. He is the type of warrior Mourinho trusts, and I can't see him being dislodged from our team. He embodies the sort of character Jose seems to like, but not only that, the kind of story he seems to favour too.

Mourinho has a record of building special bonds with certain players, and if you win his trust, even if there are 'better' players, Rojo is 'his' player. Even Zlatan is more than just a top player. He is a Mourinho disciple. Jose signed Filipe Luis for big money, but Azpilicueta became his man. I see Rojo as one of these.
Agree with you here Rozay, certainly has that feel about it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rojo was always a good player even in his first season, reminds me of David Luiz in the sense that they're both aggressive destroyers that had a few brain farts in them.

He seems to be ironing out his silly mistakes and has matured a lot this season alone.

Strange how he is practically better at everything he does when playing CB, rather than looking nervous at LB.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Excellent once again. I didn't think he was this good, just keeps proving me wrong. What was LVG thinking playing him as a LB? He's an awesome CB.

Can't wait to see him alongside Bailly, they could be amazing together. They're both strong, fast and can play the ball out.

Robbie Boy

He's 26, soon to be 27 so he should be entering his prime. I really hope he can sustain this form and also make improvements under Mourinho. Agree with @Rozay, he really does seem like a player that Mourinho will love to work with.

Just don't play him at LB!

soad

He has been absolutely brilliant in so much consecutive games. I just can't say a bad word about this man now. He shows class at every aspect of defending. Love his game. Him and Bailly should be our starting central defence, for sure. With Smalling, Jones and Blind as well I'm starting to think if we really need to buy another CB.

Jaybomb

It feels so good to come into this thread and not be the only one defending Rojo.

Finally everyone is seeing how good he is :)

Man Utd 0:0 Hull City

Zoo

Whilst everyone else was shite Rojo had another good performance. He is fast becoming one of our players of the season.

slored1

Him and Jones are the only ones who really cared tonight. Great again.

Trizy

Literally everyone on the field was complete shite apart from Rojo.

ti vu

Whilst everyone else was shite Rojo had another good performance. He is fast becoming one of our players of the season.
Jones was immerse before he got off with injury, too. Both have conducted themselves very well. Same that Jones was subbed and we had to put Smalling in, who while not doing wrong defensively did limit our passing game to certain extend, especially when we don't have Carrick to pick the ball out from the back.

Smalling pass to DDG at the end which put pressure on DDG who failed the long kick that summed up what is problem with Smalling inability on ball. Should be our last attack but ended up with Hull being able to relieve pressure and see out the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.