Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

Rojo>Otamendi

Don't throw him into bin just yet! He played fantastic in last two games, had some great sliding tackles and very nice penetrative passing from him two... I am definitely willing to give him another chance...

Blind-Rojo... let's try

ZAGREB RED

He had a good game tonight, he didn't try to overplay, just cleared it when he didn't have a pass on.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Just as well he had a good game, we're going to need him over the next few months.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Feel more at ease when he's at CB, weirdly. Did well today but worry about his positioning sometimes.

DeOddi

Most of Rojo´s bad performances were as a left-back, so not surprising to see him perform well at centre-back.

Handré1990

His best game for us, and I really hope he builds on this. He has the ability, but his problem is composure and concentration imo.

thepolice123

Most of Rojo´s bad performances were as a left-back, so not surprising to see him perform well at centre-back.
Pretty sure he had horrorshows at centre-back. Well at least he has some form of technical ability, unlike Smalling who dithers on the ball alot.

stevoc

Probably his best performance in about 2 years. Did really well tonight, fair play to him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
With bailly out long term, smalling looking dodgy and With some fairly easy fixtures upcoming (on paper anyway) I say let him get a shot at CB and see if he can cement his place if he plays like tonight then I don't see any reason why not.

Jacko21

Not sure I'm inclined to read a great deal into his performance tonight, given that City were completely toothless.

He still plays one too many hit and hope balls for my liking.

kundalini

Pretty sure he had horrorshows at centre-back.
Transfermarkt list Rojo's centre-back games as West Ham, Everton (did fine protecting McNair in those matches), Man City (injured 56 mins was 0-0 at the time), Hull, Stoke, Southampton (we were crap and McNair was shocking but don't recall Rojo being poor in that game that we somehow won completely against the run of play), then another injury. Came back and started QPR (QPR failed to score but had chances so Rojo might not have performed well in this game), Leicester and West Ham. Then played left back quite often though centre-back for Swansea away, which we lost through errors though from memory it was other defenders at fault. Also started as centre back against Villa and Man City during our super run in the spring. So at least in the PL he seemed to do ok as a central defender in his first season at the club, though the possibility that he played poorly in a match we won comfortably so doesn't stick in my memory.

2nd season mostly played left-back. As a central defender gave away pen against Watford away. Also started Norwich away. Only other start as a centre-back was PSV away, which from memory was his worst performance as central defender.

Last edited:

Tiber

Highest praise I have ever given him - he didnt look like dogshit tonight

Ban

Ah that's probably it. I thought he got bullied off it or something :lol:
Although he should have deleted it when pics of his burned toasts came up. :D
Can't even make a proper toast.

He was good today though, mind you.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I usually can't stand him at LB, but tonight he was very good I thought. He was fully concentrated and didn't have any brain farts, think he realises this is his chance for a solid run in the team.

Pleased for him as we really need him to be good.

m1y2

I usually can't stand him at LB, but tonight he was very good I thought. He was fully concentrated and didn't have any brain farts, think he realises this is his chance for a solid run in the team.

Pleased for him as we really need him to be good.
That's his biggest issue, if he can sort it out, he can be a decent player for us. I really liked the intensity he added to the team last two games he started for us, even as a LB he was decent against Chelsea..

Hope he doesn't switches off because he is one of those players who will fight for the badge on the pitch so I would like him to succeed here...

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's no full back but maybe he's a good centre back. We can talk about his flaws but playing full back is a different game with a different set of demands. Hopefully he can get a run in that position and does well.

JackXX

I don't think he's a LB but have always felt the criticism of him as a player was OTT. Not surprised to see him play well today. Could be needed with Bailly out for a while and Smalling/Blind looking a little shaky.

MounchesterUtd

Didn't put one foot wrong. Did exactly what he had to
He's been "doing what he had to" even in the LVG era, difference is probably Mou's attention to detail. Mou's exactly the manager that he needs, if he listens, he's going to be a solid squad player for a long time at United.

Maybe when his nude pics surfaced on the internet.
Wait, this really happened? :lol:

Fingeredmouse

I really have a problem with Rojo and I would gladly see him gone, but he was solid today. Maybe I was wrong. Still looks like someone from a West Side Story chorus line though.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I've always thought he was a decent backup CB, I know he has had some poor performances but he's definitely not the worst player we've ever seen at Old Trafford.

Not as a left back though!

Status
Not open for further replies.