Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Wtf? He's been our best player going forward...Fantastic talent!
Not in the first half. Did well for the Martial chance but was otherwise not involved and frankly didn't look bothered considering the game they're playing. Much better in the 2nd half if you care to watch him off the ball.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Not in the first half. Did well for the Martial chance but was otherwise not involved and frankly didn't look bothered considering the game they're playing. Much better in the 2nd half if you care to watch him off the ball.
Yes he was.

And didn't look bothered? Dearie me:rolleyes:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You high?

Nuts

I expect more than a few touches in 45 minutes from a forward in a team that has the ball 80% of the time. His performance in the 2nd half, that's what I wanted from him.
I'll let him know.

TypeR

Good skill on the ball, but his movement needs a little bit more work. Early days still, but such a smooth operator for one so young.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He's going to be absolutely top class.

We need to have a couple of years of him as second-choice striker - rotating with an established player and then taking up the mantle himself in a few years. Enter Ibrahimovic :D

Devil may care

Some lovely moments from him today, created chances for Martial and Fellaini. Glad to hear the injury isn't serious.

JackXX

Had a really good game just needed a goal to top it off. Shame about the injury. Cabaye is a horrible cnut and should face a ban. Was clearly deliberate.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would be criminal to sign a striker to play ahead of him, he really is the real deal

Ace of Spades

I expect more than a few touches in 45 minutes from a forward in a team that has the ball 80% of the time. His performance in the 2nd half, that's what I wanted from him.
Just because we have a lot of possession does not mean that we are always camped in the opponent's half. Most of that possession is in our own half. Look up the stats, or you know, actually watch the matches.

He was making runs, but was ignored for the ball out wide, it is not a surprise that our strikers see very little of the ball, and that is down to the tactics. The same thing happened last season as well. He also defended well, why should he press when we are not a pressing team?? That is down to tactics again, our strikers rarely press.

Last edited:

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I think we created 3 good chances whilst he was on the pitch, and 2 were entirely due to moments of brilliance from him. Tough for a lone striker against a team that defends so deep with so many, and he did a great job. My sole criticism remains that he doesn't compete for high balls, but that'll come.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I'd like him to go to France. As an unknown talent, with great potential, he could be very, very useful for England.

Treble

Thought the was our sharpest and most dangerous player today, shame about the injury.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd like him to go to France. As an unknown talent, with great potential, he could be very, very useful for England.
We haven't seen what he's like as a super sub, he might be totally ineffective

Give him the summer off he deserves it

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
We haven't seen what he's like as a super sub, he might be totally ineffective

Give him the summer off he deserves it
Do you think he'd want to go to France?

He's a kid living the dream. I would think he'd love to represent his country at a European tournament rather than having the summer off.

Sylar

He drives at teams, hes not afraid and if a flick (or backheel) doesnt work, it doesnt stop him. Any news about the injury?

Really hope he gets game time next season (but wouldnt mind us signing one experienced striker for Rashford to work and learn from).

Sylar

BBC said during the match that the club expect it to not be anything serious.
Ahhh ok. I read on Sky Sports that it was a knee injury but didnt see much more after that. If its not serious, thats good news for him.

Red Stone

It's becoming apparent that he's anything but a sudden burst of hot air that will quickly disappear. His decisionmaking, awareness and technique has been excellent in every game he's played. The way he consistently creates chances with his flicks and backheels shows that it isn't just dumb luck. It comes off far too often. His finishing is very good for his age too.

Future superstar if he keeps it up. Genuinely excited to see how far he can go.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
His play for Martial's chance in the first half was brilliant. Went past the defender with ease and then made the right decision with his pass.

He was also the one that passed it to Fellaini before he hit the bar. His link-up play is sensational.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
He drives at teams, hes not afraid and if a flick (or backheel) doesnt work, it doesnt stop him.
That's what's most amazing about him, that he keeps going after trying these things and they don't come off. Also that he's not afraid to go right back to them again next time.

That's what was surprising about Memphis(and quite a few more young players who'd still be more experienced than Rashford), after a while things like that'd make his head drop and he'd turn to much.

GledTheRed

His play for Martial's chance in the first half was brilliant. Went past the defender with ease and then made the right decision with his pass.

He was also the one that passed it to Fellaini before he hit the bar. His link-up play is sensational.
The timing and weight of pass was sensational, I'll be amazed if this guy isn't first class he is showing some really promising signs.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
The turn for the Martial chance was unreal, there aren't many players in the world that would instinctively try that, let alone pull it off.

Rednotdead

I really hope we don't sign someone like Ibrahimovic, who will only serve to block Rashford's progress. He's demonstrated quite clearly that although he's not the finished article yet, he deserves a starting place.

Litch

If you just wait a moment and think what this 18 year old has achieve this season, the impact is greater than any young player I can remember. It's the context of his impact when you think of the backdrop of his achievements. This is not a player coming into a good Utd team and a team creating 15+ chances a game. Also he's scored goals in big games, different type of goals and already shown at 18 he can play as a targeted man, one of the most difficult things to do even for the most seasoned player. You have to also remember physically he's still growing and will be stronger and quicker....

When you think we paid 50m for Martial, I put this lad potentially right up there and if LVG has played any part in this, this will be greater than winning the FA cup IMO. We may have two prongs of our own trident. Honestly I think they could be that good.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
My favourite thing about Rashford is that he already gets the ironic cheers treatment from opposition fans when he fecks up, he's been around 3 months and he's already got them that worried about what he can do. His work-rate is really great as well, there was one point when we lost the ball attacking, he ran all the way back to RB, nicked it back then made a run all the way down the right wing as an option. It's stuff like that why I still think even if we do bring Mourinho in, Rashford still has a great shot at playing. His vision for a young player is very refreshing too.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Best player on the pitch before the injury, Palace defenders couldn't get near him. Hope the injury is not serious, he could be awesome for England

Realist08

Brilliant player. Ridiculously instinctual, his intelligence at such a young age is what excited me the most. The kid has bags of potential and I don't think the pending appointment of Mourinho will effect him if he keeps it up. When you're good enough, you're good enough.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I was wrong and I think he should be an option for England. Maybe not as a striker but maybe he can still do a job on the wing. He deserves it and I think he would be a really good wild card option.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I love his little flicks and layoffs. Been a while since we had a CF who could do that.

As he develops, I hope the physical side of his game progresses as well.

m1y2

Brilliant player. Ridiculously instinctual, his intelligence at such a young age is what excited me the most. The kid has bags of potential and I don't think the pending appointment of Mourinho will effect him if he keeps it up. When you're good enough, you're good enough.
:drool:for an 18-year old, I loved how he tracked back once and won the ball back, was pretty instinctive and he believed he could win the ball and did it.. He has a potential to be a full package one day

Status
Not open for further replies.