6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

When the teams were announced, I had no problem that he would be used as a sub.
However I think we need to be smarter with him especially when defending set pieces. Some of Citys corners and freekicks he was on the edge of our own box whereas he really should have been near the half way line

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Marcus Rashford to start for Manchester United at Feyenoord

José Mourinho has confirmed Marcus Rashford will make his first club start of the season at Feyenoord in the Europa League on Thursday after giving another glimpse of what the Manchester United manager described as the 18-year-old’s “brilliant future” in the second half of Saturday’s derby defeat at Old Trafford.

“For me the next big game is against Feyenoord and the next game [Rashford] is going to play. That is the only thing I can say,” Mourinho said, coming close, but not that close to admitting he may have erred with his starting lineup in the 2-1 defeat by Manchester City.

“I trust him completely. I know his future will be absolutely brilliant. He is mainly a No9 – if you want to play him in different positions, we need to work him, we need to improve him, but his big personality is there. Normally, people look to the football talent but personality at his level is very important and he was showing that last season – he was showing that immediately.”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been prolific if a little stodgy in his movement so far and Mourinho suggested he may even choose to play both strikers through the centre in future. “Wide man or we play with both, which we can do perfectly like we did against Hull. I felt City had the fragility on the sides and the kid could give us in the second half on the sides what we didn’t get with Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Jesse Lingard in the first half.

“Rashford did that for us and because we were playing with Ander Herrera behind Marouane Fellaini and Paul Pogba, I knew that Fellaini and Pogba were going to be in the box all the time so I thought the game was going to be very direct like it was. So I think we read the game really well. The kid gave us what we had needed in the first half.”
(Guardian)

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
(Guardian)
Good. Hopefully he keeps his place since there is no reason for us to not start him anymore, young or not he is already good enough to be a starter and that's the most important thing.

Varun

Staff
Yep, nailed on to start now whether it be on the left, right or up top with Ibra dropping deeper.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Didn't think he was that bad. He was isolated and had some good moments the few times he has the ball. Not a lot more he could have done tonight.

Devil may care

His hold up play was off today but we were practically playing the dreaded 4-5-1 in the first half, he had no one even close when he got the ball.

hirotan69er

I think he misplaced too many passes tonight. I think he's not ready to start in European competition yet. I think he should start once we secure our spot in the KO rounds.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Felt he was badly let down by the rest of the team in the attack tonight - at times it seemed he was getting very exasperated by the lack of the support he received as well, and let the others know about it - the closest thing we had to leadership out there tonight.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Martial was crap, but this guy was isolated (martial had all the space in the world). The youth product protection package has been worth it.

Martial was lambasted for missing that chance when he controlled that fast cross from darmian. The Italian played an exact same ball to Rasherssss and it bounced off his shin, couldn't even get that shot off. Hasn't even got half the control of Martial.

RooneyLegend

His youthful exuberance is a gift and a curse. On one hand it allows him to be very brave in his efforts and always willing to try the impossible, on the other hand it leads to him trying things on the wrong place on the pitch at the wrong time. He needs to learn and learn quickly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Basically showed why he's still too young and inexperienced to be starting games up front for us. He can start alongside Ibra, or on the wing and make an impact, but leading the line on his own he isn't ready for.

The United

Basically showed why he's still too young and inexperienced to be starting games up front for us. He can start alongside Ibra, or on the wing and make an impact, but leading the line on his own he isn't ready for.
While he did it last season fine and scored some important goals?

Now, he is not ready? ok.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
While he did it last season fine and scored some important goals?

Now, he is not ready? ok.
Last season we had no competition for his spot at all, and was just a youngster breaking through so there was no competition at all. And yeah, he did really well for a youngster playing for a team that wasn't trying to compete for the title and ended up missing out on the title. Was he ready last season? Absolutely not. He did well of course, but if you take the level he played at, is it good enough to be a starter for a top team who is competing for trophies? Not at all. And that's the thing with youngsters. He did exceptionally well for an 18 year old, but he is just an 18 year old and it's important not to rush him and start putting expectations beyond his actual level. He can be a good impact player with starts here and there, but no way is he ready to start now.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I disagree. The problem was tactical: We left him far too isolated and played zero penetrative passes. He was uninvolved in the game as we failed to provide him with zero service.

Runner

Games like today are a healthy experience for a developing player. He'll be able to speak with Zlatan and Wayne about it and how to get more involved in the game when he's so isolated.

The United

I disagree. The problem was tactical: We left him far too isolated and played zero penetrative passes. He was uninvolved in the game as we failed to provide him with zero service.
We don't need rashford to start for us all the time now. I agree with it.

But, people here came and made some shitty game with shit tactic as a example to measure how much he is not ready so that their fav striker can start.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
We don't need rashford to start for us all the time now. I agree with it.

But, people here came and made some shitty game with shit tactic as a example to measure how much he is not ready so that their fav striker can start.
Exactly. He's started in tough away games at West Ham and the Etihad and played great. I agree he doesn't need to start every game as he's still a developing player, but his anonymous showing today wasn't because of his performance - we were just a non-entity as an attacking unit until we started launching balls into the box at the end

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Rashford had to try and beat everyone on his own. He kept gesturing for support yet he never had anyone near him. Who was he supposed to pass to instead of just having a go?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Martial was crap, but this guy was isolated (martial had all the space in the world). The youth product protection package has been worth it.

Martial was lambasted for missing that chance when he controlled that fast cross from darmian. The Italian played an exact same ball to Rasherssss and it bounced off his shin, couldn't even get that shot off. Hasn't even got half the control of Martial.
Him and Martial were as bad as each other. Rashford's passing was especially bad. We can't slate one and defend the other. That heavy touch would have caused intense caf hilarity if Rooney was involved, that's for sure.

Shit happens, though. Young player gets shaken up by thuggish defenders and lenient ref shocker. He'll learn from it and can expect more of the same in every PL game. He's a work in progress who should be learning the game coming off the bench when games are stretched or playing out wide where there's a bit more room to exploit.

itso 7

He's already done this and succeeded in much tougher circumstances and in a weaker team than this, we need to stop blaming players when they fail to perform in malfunctioning system.

jojose

Him and Martial were as bad as each other. Rashford's passing was especially bad. We can't slate one and defend the other. That heavy touch would have caused intense caf hilarity if Rooney was involved, that's for sure.

Shit happens, though. Young player gets shaken up by thuggish defenders and lenient ref shocker. He'll learn from it and can expect more of the same in every PL game. He's a work in progress who should be learning the game coming off the bench when games are stretched or playing out wide where there's a bit more room to exploit.
Exactly this.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I won't say that he's not ready yet to be a regular starter in the team, but I'm a bit concerned with him recently. He did play well against Hull City few weeks ago. He came in and had an excellent impact on the game. He was fast, direct and tormented the tiring defenders.

Then, I tought he was not good when he came in against City, and I know this can upset some, but, except from his first 5 mins, he didn't played well, didn't combined well with Shaw, neither protecting him. So then ok with his positioning, he was playing there to hurt Sagna, but he didn't enough.

Then yestarday, I wasn't impressed with his positionning and his touches. He was alone upfront yes, but I tought sometimes he made the wrong runs, going to press alone, when the team were deep, too deep.

I mean, I just think that he needs to learn a bit more in terms of collective play to be the new R9 or a better Welbeck :D

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Yeah this unfortunately.

ZDwyr

He wasn't overly good. Growing pains though, these matches will happen at his age.

SambaBoy

A limitation in his game is his hold up play with his back to goal. We played into their CB's hands last night, both looked cumbersome and slow but tough & good aerially and for some unknown reason we were pumping balls into Rashford expecting him to either win the header or hold it up with one of them brutes crashing into the back of him.

He's much better on the half turn, where he can explode past the defenders, he's new to the CF role and is probably better suited to the wing. Him and Martial should have swapped.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Didn't help that the ref gave him zero protection at all. Would love to see how many fouls their dumb brazilian CB made on him. He should have been on a yellow card after about 5mins but instead just kept letting it carry on.

2nd half we were sitting far to deep to actually support him or give the defence some distraction.

Rossa

Pisses me off when the ref allows center backs to be allowed to continually rush into young attackers like Feynoord did Rashford seemingly with the intent to hurt that player. If the ref had given an early, well deserved, yellow, they would have had to cut that out and the game would have been far more open.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.