6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike09

That brilliant run when he got his chance to score. That's what his best asset is and that's why he's a striker not a winger. I don't mind to see him playing as a winger but only if he comes on from the bench if we need more pace to add in our attacks not from kick off when we have more options or even better option.

ZDwyr

Surely he is being played out wide purely to accommodate Zlatan? Because he definitely isn't a winger and if everyone else can see that then Jose must too.

MounchesterUtd

Its been awhile since he looked anything close to that.

When he first emerged I thought he was gonna end up being another Michael Owen. The only thing that stopped a young Owen scoring was injury. Rashford's hitting air shots.

Great against tired legs in the last half an hour but Mourinho's mistaken to rely on him at the minute.
Been saying this but he was always gonna have a tough second year. That form he was in was something to be proud of for any PL striker, even for veterans.

Mou's not doing him any favors either. He's exposed him by trying to shoehorn him to the lineup ala LVG with Rooney. Ideally, I'd pick Rashers as an Ibra sub against tired legs from 70min, starting at #9 against lower and some midtable teams + cup games, or RW in very special cases.

That being said, in spite of all I said, he, Mkhi and Martial are the only ones in our team who could create something out of nothing through their pace and strength and (lesser for Marcus) their trickery. What I really want to see is him play as #9 with Mata, Mkhi and Martial behind him.

Sylar

Hes not a winger. Theres nothing wrong with bringing him on against tiring defences and going two up top (or having Zlatan drop to play him through which would work). He needs to be in the box imo, even if its as a sub (hes not even 20 so it wont be the worst thing).
When he has mostly played well on the left, its been as a sub.

His one chance came through the middle anyway with that run, the great first touch (but sadly not the finish to follow).

Jig1234

Too many people having a dig at this player. He is not a winger, never will be. Mourinho has ruined him because he his head up Ibrahimovic. Rashford's finishing has regressed because of Mourinho. I'd love to see his guy play up front with Mata/Martial/Mkhitaryan.

Ibrahimovic can't run in behind has no pace. Scored goals but not enough for what we want to achieve. The football is slow and pedestrian with Ibrahimovic. Mourinho's use of Rashford has been terrible, he only looks good on the wing off the bench vs tired defenders.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He's not a winger and he was dreadful tonight. He should still be doing better than this, however.

Even when he does go through the middle or gets the ball in central areas, he's still does jack shit. So i can't even argue he should be playing through the middle. He has no end product.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Don't know where to start :annoyed: The lad has skills and should be more than comfortable playing out wide and has on occasion performed pretty well on the left.
I think much of the problem lies with Jose's choice(s) at LB. There seems to be no working relationship between the LB (whoever that may be) & the LW (whoever that may be)
The lack of consistency is hurting us ... pick Darmian and give him a run to build confidence and build a partnership with the LW (or choose Shaw to do the same thing).
I think Rashford is only marginally less effective than Martial but seems to have a much better attitude/disposition than the l'homme francais (who seems to be pissing in Jose's cornflakes for some reason?)

Starting to worry where he will fit in for us. He's obviously not a winger, he's a striker, but I'm not seeing the composed, clinical finisher a club like ours needs to lead the line. He's like Welbeck in some ways, his all round play is good to excellent but he is struggling to score. Yesterday was the perfect example. Great run, brilliant first touch, and a scuffed shot. An Aguero or a Costa buries that, and so does a Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Tevez, young Rooney etc. They might miss the odd one but Rashford is missing a lot of these lately.

SidRed

Simply needs some consistent game time and then surely his form will improve. Constant rotation will not really help him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Was his chance harder then it looked? From the stands it seemed like he did all the hard word and fluffed what should have been a pretty easy finish.

ElQuesoGrande

Top management keeping him on the whole game and leaving Martial on the bench. Top, top management.

Rashford isn't a winger. I'm not sure if he's a PL level footballer yet but it's probably best if he leaves the club so he can at least play in his best position and have the best chance of becoming one.

Was his chance harder then it looked? From the stands it seemed like he did all the hard word and fluffed what should have been a pretty easy finish.
Looked to me like he didn't know how much time/space he had and snatched at the ball. Once he got it down under control it was as easy as it comes. He's young and has time to learn but at the top level a striker needs more composure than that.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maybe I'm being harsh because he's still a kid and really isn't a winger, not a left winger at very least. But yesterday was the first time I watched him and thought he isn't as talented as I thought he was. Struggled to take on players, touch was all over the place and his passing was poor.

I hope Jose uses him in the cups as a forward, or bring him on as a sub, because sticking him wide isn't not doing him any good.

Ixion

Not his best game, I read he gave the ball away 20+ times last night? Yikes.

m1y2

• he is still young
  • he is not a typical winger, only certain games will suit him, Martial could be better option tonight
  • Martial has to fight for his place to get the best out of him even though he's a better option in 90% of games even now in the form he's in
  • I believe he still created a few chances, he controlled the ball really well, before he couldnt make a good contact with the ball, Zlatan wouldnt get on top of that ball in the first place, he had a similar situation, Great run, great control, bad finish, what you gonna do, from what I remember he ahd a fw good crosses and some link up he wasn't good but wasn't totally useless, Martial lieks to dribble over too many palyers and Rashford rather keeps the ball in some of the situations , he looses in other, today, he was pretty wasteful
  • as a sub, he will be great even from the wing

m1y2

Top management keeping him on the whole game and leaving Martial on the bench. Top, top management.

Rashford isn't a winger. I'm not sure if he's a PL level footballer yet but it's probably best if he leaves the club so he can at least play in his best position and have the best chance of becoming one.
jesus wept

iKeano

Drifted central for about 5 mins when Rooney came on, but was soon thereafter pushed wide.

Frustrating for the lad. Had the hard work done taking Pogba's pass down, shame he didn't bury it!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
If he is exclusively played as a striker he'll be lucky to get a few hundred minutes all season. He has had good games as a winger and some bad ones, just like any young player. He has played plenty as a winger his whole life and is well able to play there. His runs in behind from wide also allow Ibra to drop deeper and give us an option that ibra or our other wingers don't offer. He should continue to get game time like he is.

ElQuesoGrande

Show of hands; does ANYONE else other than Jose think that, overall, Rashford is a better option at LW than Martial?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I hope Mourinho isn't persisting with him just to show that he gives youth a chance. Almost every time he starts he basically looks like someone who isn't ready to start and puts in a shit performance

Pyro19

He's not a winger , his best traits are his Blinding pace and ability to link up the play. He's not that good running at defenders and crossing which is why his performance suffers.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
If, as it looks like, he's starting at left wing ahead of Martial, it's annoying.

I want to see Martial on the left, and I want to see Rashford up front if he is to play.

m1y2

He's not a winger , his best traits are his Blinding pace and ability to link up the play. He's not that good running at defenders and crossing which is why his performance suffers.
he has a very good cross on him, that early cross Nani used to make. I think he will score

SteveW

Disagree with his selection ahead of Martial but hopefully he does well today. I miss good Rashford

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
If he is exclusively played as a striker he'll be lucky to get a few hundred minutes all season. He has had good games as a winger and some bad ones, just like any young player. He has played plenty as a winger his whole life and is well able to play there. His runs in behind from wide also allow Ibra to drop deeper and give us an option that ibra or our other wingers don't offer. He should continue to get game time like he is.
This

Leicester 0:3 Man Utd

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Looks good when he is near the box, not so much when he isn't unless he has acres of space to run in.
Would use him more as a striker and less on the wing, Martial at least has some skill to use on the wing.

NinjaFletch

At least we can put to bed the fairly ridiculous idea that playing Marcus Rashford through the centre will somehow magically solve problems that happen before the striker in the build up. Never was convinced by the logic of that. Ironically given the whinging he's been quite bright off the left I though, and (not a criticism of Rashford) that shape suits the team much better.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He wasn't poor but he looks castrated on the left. He doesn't even attempt to beat his man and hardly even crosses it either.

gajender

If rumours of us going for another striker in summer with Ibrahimovic staying are true then it would be best for Rashford to be sent on loan to a side where he can play as a striker to aid his development because he won't be getting much game here as a striker and he is simply not good enough on the wings.

Manny

Grammar Police
He needs to make those runs behind the centre backs when Zlatan drops off.

Didn't see it in the first half

Status
Not open for further replies.