Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I am a huge fan of this kid but I still think he's best as a striker. Great movement and pace.

Smudge

He really did mix up his wing play which was good to see rather than kicking it 10 yards then expecting to outpace the opponent which sometimes he failed at. Defenders play clever but they can struggle against trickery and pace combined rather than against just pace.

He probably needs to strengthen his lower body to be able to hold off players better like Martial does

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Would love to see a front 3 of Martial, Rashford and Mhiki next season as Zlatan is phased out with Rashford becoming our main striker. That could be a frighteningly good front 3. So much pace and trickery. Would be a nightmare for defenders trying to stop them.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Would love to see a front 3 of Martial, Rashford and Mhiki next season as Zlatan is phased out with Rashford becoming our main striker. That could be a frighteningly good front 3. So much pace and trickery. Would be a nightmare for defenders trying to stop them.
Have to agree. Rashford I thought was pretty damned good today from both wings! He & Ibra need to build relationship more like the one Ibra has with Pogs, at least until the kids all grow up a little.
But yeah, the thought of totally in-form, Mhiki, Rashford & Martial all playing at full tilt is a savoury thought!:drool:

khoazany

I think people underestimated him as a winger/ wide forward. He played predominantly as number 10 or winger before he moved up the U18s level and he's a quite all-rounded modern attacker. It's not like we asked him to be a left back. Striker will be his best position though, he has the physicality, movement and we have successfully injected finishing ability onto him with some special trainings since his U18s time.

Man Utd 0:0 Hull City

JoaquinJoaquin

Still don't like him out wide. We really need to sign someone in the Summer to play on the left if Jose doesn't fancy Martial because Rashford is not a winger, Lingard isn't good enough and Young will be gone.

ElQuesoGrande

He's showing so far why anyone who has an interest in the club bar the pathetic one would have martial on the left wing instead of him.

Jev

He's been poor today. Strange player. One game he's our best and most dangerous player and in the next game he looks out of his depth. Still young and inconsistent. I prefer him as an impact sub for the time being.

Martial on please.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was poor, but that bit where he just stopped playing and put his arms up in protest in the box was just not a good look.

FromTheBench

He's not a wide player and has been ordinary but still better than Mkhitharyan on the other flank.

BlahRules

He is just not good enough when played as a left wing, he has no variation to his attack, all he did was cut inside, predictable.

mu4c_20le

I thought he started out lively, positive, but then faded as the game went on.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
And Martial can't get on ahead of him when he's doing nothing aswell.

I honestly don't know what goes through Mourinhos head.

This guy is a bloody striker.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The whole team is toxic tonight. Not just Rashford. Hull are up for it more. We look dead.

Rossa

He gets absolutely no help down that flank. Blind has been completely invisible in attack, and they double up on him all the time. Markovic is pretty darn fast and keeps up pretty well, and then their central defenders sit deep. It was always going to happen, so that means it would be the perfect match for Martial then...

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's an impact sub right now. Simple as that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His technique is like a coin toss. Either very good or bad. Makes it weird that Mourinho has been harping on about Martial's inconsistency. Rashford is worse in this regard. Hopefully, he improves with age.

Kag

Not a wide forward. Been saying it all season and it's irritating all the same.

He's one of the most obvious centre forwards that only play as centre forwards you'll ever see, irrespective of his speed.

Rossa

His technique is like a coin toss. Either very good or bad. Makes it weird that Mourinho has been harping on about Martial's inconsistency. Rashford is worse in this regard. Hopefully, he improves with age.
Agreed. At times his technique is sublime, like that flick inside the box for Rojo's header, and then the minute after he can't control a perfectly weighted long range pass from Carrick. Valencia controls 100/100 of those with ease. Martial should have started this match. Mourinho trying too hard to make a point it seems to me.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Agreed. At times his technique is sublime, like that flick inside the box for Rojo's header, and then the minute after he can't control a perfectly weighted long range pass from Carrick. Valencia controls 100/100 of those with ease. Martial should have started this match. Mourinho trying too hard to make a point it seems to me.

To be fair, Valencia also takes 100/100 of those on the instep of his strong foot. I'm not convinced he'd take one on his outstep ahead of him or his weak foot 100/100.

Rossa

To be fair, Valencia also takes 100/100 of those on the instep of his strong foot. I'm not convinced he'd take one on his outstep ahead of him or his weak foot 100/100.
0/100 times would Valencia take it on his left foot. He would do a double twist to position himself so that he could take it down with his strong foot and then make an outside pass with his right foot - I'm sure he will pull all sorts of things when he gets older doing that stuff.

Jev

Comically bad. Please get him off the pitch. Jones injury probably secured him another 10-15 minutes.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Shocking. Gets in the right position so many times though.

liamp

Think he's done as well as he can today in a role that he's not suited to playing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How many gash performances does this guybhave to put in for Mourinho to realize he isnt a winger? At least not a left winger. Any decent moments he has happen when he goes through the middle or is on the right. He is a waste of space on the left. Every fecking time.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Think he's done as well as he can today in a role that he's not suited to playing.
Seriously? I get that it isn't his position whatsoever, but he has messed up some very simple things that are not affected by what position he's playing.

Roboc7

Be interested to see how long martial would be dropped for if he played like rashford tonight. He isn't a winger and it's stupid we have someone who is better there not playing.

RedStarUnited

Be interested to see how long martial would be dropped for if he played like rashford tonight. He isn't a winger and it's stupid we have someone who is better there not playing.
He wouldnt have finished the game to begin with. Would have been the first one to get subbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.