Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Would love to see him on the right again. Think he's a much much more dangerous version of Lingard and would really stretch the play from that side, especially on counters where his instinct would be full speed instead of stopping to cut in. One of these Europa legs would be good for that.
Me too ... with his speed he can and will scare all but the most experience defenders regardless of where he plays. But as I keep on repeating, his play still shows a desparate naiivity that good full back wont fall for. Even so, I'd like him to sub in for Mkhi on occasion & change it up for us on the right wing.
Is Rashford going to become a great striker? Maybe? A great striker for Utd? I'd like to think so, but still a big maybe!

We should publicly say we are in for Lukaku, that'll show Rashford I am sure.
Pay no attention to the video ... I would hate to think Marcus is happy when he's not playing and expect him to want to play! When he's not playing I want him to be angry down inside and desperate to prove he's worthy of a place in the team.

First it was Mkhitarayan, then it was Martial now its Rashford. I lose track of the speculation. All seems a bit pie in the sky. If Rashford wants to leave though it would be odd given his age and the support given to him by Mourinho.
Yeah, Mourinho has regulqalry said how much he likes him and how much potential he thinks he has ... but being liked & having potential is not enough; he must keep on impressing and not wasting the chances on the park he keeps getting!

I wouldn't be averse to sending Rashford out on loan for next season. Players like Sturridge and Lukaku certainly benefited from getting loaned out at young ages to get experience. If he got a full season of starts at somewhere like Newcastle, we could easily get a much improved Rashford back in time for the 2018/19 campaign.
I don't disagree ... He could probably get a starting position as a striker and defo as a winger somewhere! Half a season away playing every game might do him a world of good and no harm to us. Especially if we bring in more experience up front next season. Lot's of games left this season though so he will get chances!

Seems like the last kid who would get a big head and have a bad attitude. All I've ever heard is how modest and level headed he is. Jose has been full of praise for his attitude all season. I just don't see it in him. Perhaps he was misquoted or taken out of context. Could also just be completely made up.
Yeah, he does seem to be a "good kid" rather than some kind of whinging teenager; Prolly just some journo with nowt else to write!

I do agree that he's been developed badly this season. He's a striker and should be given so time there instead of being put into some weird fight for a position that doesn't even suit him. There's no good reason why Jose can't take Zlatan off from time to time and develop Rashford as a striker
I disagree; I don't think he's developing badly but last season was always going to be hard for him to top or even replicate. Unless we had kept Van Gaal of course; Had that been the case Rashford, Lingard, Rooney & Martial would all be playing every week and the youg'uns would be growing by leaps & bounds ... and they'd be great!
United on the other hand, would likely be mired just inside the top ten and wondering how to stop the bleeding!
Don't worry, he's learning plenty from Ibra in training ... as I said he'll get his chances this season to show what he's learned, he'd just better take 'em and prove he has learned some lessons AND he's got what it takes!

SteveW

I disagree; I don't think he's developing badly but last season was always going to be hard for him to top or even replicate. Unless we had kept Van Gaal of course; Had that been the case Rashford, Lingard, Rooney & Martial would all be playing every week and the youg'uns would be growing by leaps & bounds ... and they'd be great!
United on the other hand, would likely be mired just inside the top ten and wondering how to stop the bleeding!

Don't worry, he's learning plenty from Ibra in training ... as I said he'll get his chances this season to show what he's learned, he'd just better take 'em and prove he has learned some lessons AND he's got what it takes!
Never asked for any of that. Just suggested we give him a few more cameos through the middle. There's no need for Zlatan to play the full 90 in every game

From Rashford's perspective, you can see why he'd be unhappy. He rarely plays through the middle anymore. If he was playing under a manager like Pep, Tuchel or maybe even Klopp, he'd be leading the line.
Götze had a great career under Pep.

The idea that he'd be leading the line for Dortmund if he was there now or during Klopp's time is pure nonsense. Lewandowski or Aubameyang would've played and Rashford would be lucky to get some cup games up top and would have probably got less time on the wings due to Miki, Götze, Kagawa, Reus etc etc

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

The idea that he'd be leading the line for Dortmund if he was there now or during Klopp's time is pure nonsense. Lewandowski or Aubameyang would've played and Rashford would be lucky to get some cup games up top and would have probably got less time on the wings due to Miki, Götze, Kagawa, Reus etc etc
Also that Iheanacho lad is leading the line for City isn't it.

WhoDaGOAT

Götze is a fat barrel who stopped caring after he won The World Cup for Germany.

My point is when he plays, he would be leading the line.

Dortmund have several young players playing regularly. Pulisic, Dembélé.

What's nonsense is your condescending attitude.

WhoDaGOAT

So do United. Rashford, Martial.

Do any Dortmund young players get regular minutes up front as you claim Rashford would?

Does Iheanacho gets regular minutes up front for Pep as you claim Rashford would?

Back up your claim @WhoDaGOAT.
No, Martial doesn't. He gets played in the cup competitions and starts against weaker teams for the most part. As if he was an 18 year old rookie.

Do Dortmund have any young strikers like Rashford? Think before you ask. Ramos was able to start about 20 games last season. So could Rashford.

Is Iheanacho the same type of player? No, he's a ball into feet striker. Rashford is a striker who runs into spaces. Like Gabriel, he is a player that Pep would utilise because of his movement and work ethic.

No, Martial doesn't. He gets played in the cup competitions and starts against weaker teams for the most part. As if he was an 18 year old rookie.
You're just making stuff up now. He started against Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton away.

Do Dortmund have any young strikers like Rashford? Think before you ask. Ramos was able to start about 20 games last season. So could Rashford.
Ramos as you say yourself got just 9 league starts last season and has now been loaned out, so confident was Tuchel of him getting games for him this season. He's got his number one and it doesn't matter if you're 31 (Ramos) or 19 (Rashford), you will not be getting many minutes up front there.

Is Iheanacho the same type of player? No, he's a ball into feet striker. Rashford is a striker who runs into spaces. Like Gabriel, he is a player that Pep would utilise because of his movement and work ethic.
That's just your opinion though, and comparing Rashford with Gabriel is getting massively ahead of yourself. Rashford is at the same stage of his career as Iheanacho, nowhere close to being at the same stage as Gabriel Jesus.

Last edited:

CG1010

Either you don't watch United very consistently or you are just anti-Mourinho! Its obvious Martial wasn't being played by Jose because of off-field issues (whether right or wrong) and nothing to do with his age. Mourinho did the same with Mikhitaryan and he is 27!

Rashford will start more than 20 games for us this season. But he is not ready to play regularly leading the line and that would be true under any manager really.

WhoDaGOAT

You're just making stuff up now. He started against Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton away.
Subbed off against Liverpool and Arsenal. The key words being "for the most part".

He has started against West Ham, Reading, Wigan in the cups. Starts against the likes of Middlesbrough, Bournemouth, Hull and Watford in the league.

Ramos as you say yourself got just 9 league starts last season and has now been loaned out, so confident was Tuchel of him getting games for him this season.
18 in all comps, scoring 10 goals and assisting 5. A very good return. How do you know that he didn't ask to leave on loan? The point is that he got enough game time as a striker to put up those numbers. Rashford could have too.

That's just your opinion though, and comparing Rashford with Gabriel is getting massively ahead of yourself. Rashford is at the same stage of his career as Iheanacho, nowhere close to being at the same stage as Gabriel Jesus.
It's not opinion. It's a fact. If you've followed Pep's career, you will know what he likes from his strikers.

Is that a convenient statement that suits your clear agenda? Gabriel is a few months older than him. They have a similar style of play. It's a very acceptable comparison. You might think Gabriel has more talent, but 30 odd more games in the Brazilian league doesn't suddenly make him a vertersn in comparison.

Grunge

Never asked for any of that. Just suggested we give him a few more cameos through the middle. There's no need for Zlatan to play the full 90 in every game
Sorry mate, you said he was "developed badly" this season (sugesting LVG developed him better?) & I tried to suggest reasons why under Mourinho, he was getting much needed game time in positions other than his preferred central striker role? As you know Rashford has got some time up front in cup action and perhaps should get more but but his performance hasn't been stellar and we can't afford any slip ups.

SteveW

Sorry mate, you said he was "developed badly" this season (sugesting LVG developed him better?) & I tried to suggest reasons why under Mourinho, he was getting much needed game time in positions other than his preferred central striker role? As you know Rashford has got some time up front in cup action and perhaps should get more but but his performance hasn't been stellar and we can't afford any slip ups.
So everything is measured relative to weird LVG doomsday scenario projections? Odd to say the least.

Obviously I don't mean subbing Zlatan when games are in the balance.

wr8_utd

:'(
This is what he's good at. Coming off the bench and that should continue to be his role.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I hope we kill more games off with Martial, Rashford and Lingard getting in behind Zlatan.

Grunge

So everything is measured relative to weird LVG doomsday scenario projections? Odd to say the least.
WTF? Only you are talking about "weird LVG doomsday scenario projections" All I'm saying is that LVG was playing the young guys a lot due in large part to injuries and it gave them more chances to play ... and they played well at times and very poorly at others (due to lack of experience?) They're not going to get as many chance under Mou and rightly so is all?

Obviously I don't mean subbing Zlatan when games are in the balance.
"Obviously"

Raw

I hope this is how we use him for the rest of the season, barring a few matches. He's so much better off the bench.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The funny thing is that he sometimes looks to stumble running with the ball at pace, but his close control at speed is actually pretty darn good most of the time.
Quite often he's slowing the defender down to better use his acceleration. He drags the ball along with his foot, so hard to defend against.

Status
Not open for further replies.