6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jb8521

All we have is your offhand remark that Rashford is faster than Hernandez. Obviously, you have absolutely no evidence to back that up.

What we do have in terms of actual numbers regarding their speed (or really just the speed of ONE of these players) is the aforementioned fact about Chico at the World Cup.

According to you, he's never been as fast as Rashford. My response to that is that Chico is far too fast a player to dismiss his speed as readily as you did in your earlier post-again, with no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim.
Hernandez speed at the world cup was 32.15kmph while Rashford has been recorded at 35.07kmph this season http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...hat-pace-with-manchester-united-wide-men.aspx

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was good today. Needed that goal and stepped up his game when he went to the left, their RB couldn't keep up with his pace

Sylar

His biggest weakness, imo. Plenty of time to improve, though.
I thought some of his first touches second half were really good especially out wide on the left. He was pinged some balls (Carrick and Pogba) and he controlled it really well.

Also I think hes one goal away from equaling last season which is quite good given he hasnt been central striker a lot of the time.

Robbie Boy

I thought some of his first touches second half were really good especially out wide on the left. He was pinged some balls (Carrick and Pogba) and he controlled it really well.

Also I think hes one goal away from equaling last season which is quite good given he hasnt been central striker a lot of the time.
His general play improved when he moved wide left, imo. A-lot of his first touches were poor, though. He's still very young and took his goal well so that's all good.

432JuanMata

Remember the Caf saying Ibra was holding him back and that he was good enough to lead the line :lol::lol:.

He is a good player that will improve and maybe in a few years can make the spot his but unlike half the caf I knew he was never good enough to do it this early while I never critisize him either as he is young and developing quite well.

Nice taken goal superb ball by Mikhi.

OL29

I think he'll be able to handle playing as a central striker better as he naturally gets stronger over the coming years. He's unable to really hold off centre backs currently hence he struggles to get into the game unless he drops deep or he's able to run in behind as he did for his goal today. It's a shame the experiment with him up top with Ibra didn't work out as it would give him the opportunity to play as a striker without having to worry about holding the ball up.

Utdstar01

It's annoying because he's actually a capable dribbler but he doesn't show it enough. His touch and awareness needs to improve massively as he constantly runs the ball out of play.

Jig1234

I'd love to see him up top too, however Rashford is still amazingly young, perhaps Jose is trying to develop other areas of his game such as dribbling/taking players on, whilst also accommodating Zlatan. I'd be worried if he continued to not even sub as a striker next year. I don't imagine he starts or plays a huge striker role whilst Zlatan is here however. As long as he bangs goals in that's fine, very small chance Rashford would knock in 23 goals with the same amount of time.
I agree he probably won't be knocking 20 plus goals but I still think we need to invest in summer in a striker that can do a bit of what ibra and Rashford do individually. Someone clinical and with a bit of pace to run in behind. However, there are issues in CM and in defence that also need addressing

PaulRich

He actually looked a little bit more composed and his close control on the run looked far better. His goal would have done him the world of good - it was a pretty cool finish.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wish he would stop taking corners.
It's obvious why he does. He's got zero presence in the area. He'd be better off on the half way like ready to use that pace of his to snuff out a counter attack.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
All we have is your offhand remark that Rashford is faster than Hernandez. Obviously, you have absolutely no evidence to back that up.

What we do have in terms of actual numbers regarding their speed (or really just the speed of ONE of these players) is the aforementioned fact about Chico at the World Cup.

According to you, he's never been as fast as Rashford. My response to that is that Chico is far too fast a player to dismiss his speed as readily as you did in your earlier post-again, with no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim.
I think it's that you both speed differently, some players might not have the acceleration of others, but yet have quite an impressive top speed (someone like Rooney for example).

Over 20 meters I think Rashford would win, over longer distances it'd probably be Hernandez.
I think Rashford is more comfortable with the ball at his feet though.

KN5

I agree he probably won't be knocking 20 plus goals but I still think we need to invest in summer in a striker that can do a bit of what ibra and Rashford do individually. Someone clinical and with a bit of pace to run in behind. However, there are issues in CM and in defence that also need addressing
I agree with bringing in another striker, SAF often had many top level strikers in his squad, bringing another in and rotating the 3 of them would suit me just fine, providing, Zlatan gets less minutes next year, which is definitely possible.

Devil may care

Works his socks off but reminds me of Welbeck when he played on the left for us, not a lot of end product right now and his touch lets him down too often in good positions.

MadMike

Good off the ball work but short of quality on it for me.
Spot on. His off the ball work rate is great, both offensively and defensively, which will get him plenty of game time under Mou because he values grafters.

But he needs to show more quality when on the ball, his touch often let's him down. He needs to work hard on improving over the next 15 months if he wants to be in with a shout for that starting XI striker spot when Ibra quits.

Robbie Boy

Wasn't impressed at all tonight. Again his first touch brought him too wide or into a poor position.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Works so hard and is fast and strong. But lacks consistent top quality class. But is doing very well for his age and he will come good in his early 20s.

Ive been very happy at how Mourinho has given him plenty of game time, without putting responsibility upon him. He needs to trust his coaches, have patience and take every chance he is given as learning opportunities.

Last edited:

Dobbs

Wasn't impressed at all tonight. Again his first touch brought him too wide or into a poor position.
Not sure it's his first touch. To me it's the final touches as he's bearing down on goal. The bit that really counts. Which suggests he's panicking a bit.

It could also be a case of his touch having to catch up with his pace. To control the ball at that speed can't be easy.

cyberman

Really needs to play down the middle. His touch isn't the best but his direct movement and finishing is perfect for a number 9 yet we expose him by playing him out wide.

Robbie Boy

Not sure it's his first touch. To me it's the final touches as he's bearing down on goal. The bit that really counts. Which suggests he's panicking a bit.

It could also be a case of his touch having to catch up with his pace. To control the ball at that speed can't be easy.
Yeah possibly alright. I still think his control / first touch can be very poor and it often means he ends up going too wide or into a worse position than he was in.

Still a quality young player and hopefully improvements in his game will come with time.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Best defensive play of his career today. Probably something Jose has been working on with him in training.
Given he came on to replace the injured Mkhi and our position in the tie it only made sense for him to just work hard and think "when in doubt, defend"
It was more apparent to me in the Blackburn match how he, Martial & Lingard all still have so much to learn. I'd like to coin the phrase, "The Three Imaturos" for these lads especially when they play together. Lot's of pace but lacking thought process and lots of unforced errors.
Patience is a virtue but thank feck we have Ibra, hopefully for this year AND next!

Bwuk

Would happily see him play uptop with Zlatan, but watching out wide is painful, he's not a winger.

I'd like to see 442.

Sylar

Both Rashford and Martial struggle a little when facing a fast fullback. It's as if they run out of ideas at times.
I think thats where movement should come in. He needs to make some run inwards (though maybe having a LB bombing up and down might help in that aspect). But im happy to see him going down the byline more instead of always cutting back onto his right to pass it out. Seen that more in the past few games hes played.

FahadiHossein

There are a lot of people who are clamouring for him to be a central striker but there are also plenty of strikers who do not play centrally but are goal machines. Henry, Muller, and Suarez come to my mind.

Whatever works for the team, his development and his confidence should continue instead of fitting him into some sort of ideology. Many Arsenal fans are clamouring for Walcott to start centrally but he is not the kind of players who can be a central striker under the current Arsenal system. He is doing well down the right wing and this is where he should be.

Both him and Martial are young and there is plenty of time for them to develop.

Fracture90

Would happily see him play uptop with Zlatan, but watching out wide is painful, he's not a winger.

I'd like to see 442.
Would be interested to see us trying out that formation 4-1-3-2 that's very popular amongst Portuguese teams this season.

There's no way he should be deployed on the left flank. The best teams in the CL often play nice crosses into the box that find the head of central attackers resulting in goals. These crosses are whipped in before the defence is organized to deal with them. Rashford doesn't appear confident enough on his left foot to play a pinpoint accurate cross from that side. I'm sure if he was playing RF, his right foot could find the head of Zlatan, Pogba et al.
Often Rashford breaks into a deep inside left position and the natural thing would be to shoot with the left foot. The only way to strike on goal with the right in that situation is either with the outside of the boot, or by stepping across, shifting body weight, and then striking across the line of the ball.
In other words the only way Rashford can be really dangerous playing on the left is by cutting inside onto his right foot, but it's not a direct or fluent way of going about it.
I bet if he could break down the inside right channel more frequently the opportunity to score goals would become more frequent.
We really don't have forwards that play dangerous crosses and Rashford on the right would go some way to rectifying this. It is said that Valencia provides width and crosses from the right, but he's the fullback and by the time he gets in position to make a cross the defence is usually well organised in numbers.
Just look at the way Erikssen broke into the inside right channel against Gent and finished with his right foot: it was the natural thing to do. With Martial on the left, Rashford on the right and Mata as #10, that's how we should deploy at Wembley.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Thought he did okay. No idea how you can say he was poor. Worked the goalkeeper well at one point when nobody else on the field was.

m1y2

It was the right choice to bring him on today but he was poor.
how was he poor, he didnt even had time to look poor, he had a good shot at Forster, otherwise he didnt get any decent opportunity to show much

Acole9

Outstanding
how was he poor, he didnt even had time to look poor, he had a good shot at Forster, otherwise he didnt get any decent opportunity to show much
That shot was always going to be saved. He just offered nothing at all, he also did a very bad back pass which went out for a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.