6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

You know what I really liked about him, it was what he did with the ball for our winner. Zlatan fed him through, and he could have easily just tried to smash it towards goal from that awkward angle. Instead he held onto it, passed it back out and then moved around to keep the attack alive. Sounds simple but it was needed.

criticalanalysis

You know what I really liked about him, it was what he did with the ball for our winner. Zlatan fed him through, and he could have easily just tried to smash it towards goal from that awkward angle. Instead he held onto it, passed it back out and then moved around to keep the attack alive. Sounds simple but it was needed.
Yeah he didn't force it. That was rather mature. He understood we couldn't make it an end to end game, so he forgo the chance to drive to the byline/take a pot shot and chose to recycle the ball instead. Good decision.

RedMaestro

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-his-relationship-with-jose-mourinho-and-more
Marcus Rashford on his remarkable rise, his relationship with Jose Mourinho and more

It's just over a year now since Marcus Rashford exploded into Manchester United's first team in spectacular fashion, scoring twice on his debut against FC Midtjylland.

He followed up with another double against Arsenal on his Premier League debut. He scored on his England bow too and has three winners' medals from Wembley. So just what does he make of the year he's had?

"It's going to be hard to repeat it over the next 12 months but that's the aim and that's going to be the aim for the rest of my career," the United forward told Sky Sports.

"Having the success so early is good because it drives you to want it more. If you have to wait three or four years to get your hands on silverware I think it is more difficult to find the drive and determination. To get it at such a young age is massive for me and my future."

He's maintained the scoring habit with 15 goals for United so far but admits he'll struggle to replicate the feeling that came with netting his very first goal for the club.

"The first goal is the very best feeling I've had. It's weird, you always feel the same inside when you score no matter the occasion but I don't usually celebrate like that, running around crazy.

"You just explode when the first one goes in. If you ask most people, the first one is special for them, no matter if it's a tap-in or a screamer."

Grounded and mature beyond his age, the 19-year-old has also taken his rocket-propelled start in his stride. Far from getting carried away, he views it strictly as a base to work from.

"We have new targets and ambitions, what's happened in the past gives me more drive and determination to repeat those things. For a forward I couldn't have asked for anything better. It gives you a good starting position to build on and I've done that."

At times this season he hasn't featured as prominently as he did last year. But rather than complain about Jose Mourinho's selection policy, he's actually grateful for what the manager has given him.

"Jose is giving me a lot on and off the pitch and it's doing a lot for my career. The people closest to me have seen me develop and they will know what I mean. It is a difficult thing to do sometimes, to get what you're thinking in your head into your game but he's helped me with that. My game is more complete."

The young forward readily agrees there is a misconception over how much he has played this season but also over the role he has played too.

"It's more than people realise but I am still only young. Other people at other clubs may not be playing at all so to be in this situation, to be training every day, it's massive for my development.

"You can look at it in two ways. You can either be down, angry and annoyed because you're not getting the game time or you can see it as a chance to learn and that's what I was doing. I looked at the players that were playing and saw what they were doing that I wasn't.

"I've had the minutes, my game has changed a lot and I'm pleased with how this season is going. It's not all about playing every game and scoring, it's about development. If that goes right, then in the near future that should be the case."

As his footballing education continues he's learned a great deal from playing in different positions, both out wide and up front. Again, he sees the long-term benefits.

"I have played down the middle, I've learned off the right and off the left and these are little steps that are making me a better player. If someone can play in more than one position, it's beneficial to you, your manager and your team-mates.

"Jose has given me the opportunity to learn my trade in different positions. It's something that is needed in modern-day football. I see myself as a striker but nowadays it's difficult to just be a striker. Those players are few and far between."

In person, Rashford is chatty, charming, well-mannered and there's a smile never far from his face. He has an impressive understanding of football combined with a crystal-clear vision of what he wants to achieve.

He speaks with the authority and maturity of a successful player who has been in the game for many years and the early signs suggest he'll go on to be just that.

OohAahMartial

Great interview. This season has been about making him a more well-rounded player and by adding more positions to his repertoire it also gives him more minutes--I just hope we get to see the benefit if that on his role as a CF next season and the years to come. It should help his movement and awareness a lot.

mav_9me

His movement is one of his strengths. Where he needs to improve is his close control, dribbling, consistency of first touch. It should come with time.

RooneyLegend

We need to get him minutes up top. i don't understand why Zlatan has to play ever minute of every match.

Man Utd 1:1 Bournemouth

Devil may care

I don't know what Jose was telling him before he came on but we were such a clusterfeck after the changes that he never got a chance to really make a mark but added some energy at least.

Golden Nugget

I don't think I've said a bad word about him, but he was awful. Dribbled himself to corners and kept missing the chance to pass.

Not sure where he was supposed to be? RW? CM? Seemed to be anything but striker

Sylar

After he beats a man, it seems like he wants to then beat another man even if theres somebody in a better position or he has a chance to cross it. Was frustrating and wish somebody had told him once he has space down the byline to cross it.

Water Melon

After he beats a man, it seems like he wants to then beat another man even if theres somebody in a better position or he has a chance to cross it. Was frustrating and wish somebody had told him once he has space down the byline to cross it.
This ^. Needs to read the game faster and better. His technique is good enough to do what he is supposed to do.

Smudge

Yeah it's almost like he was playing out of position.
We should have put Martial on the right as he hadnt done much all game on the left and then let Rashford do his thing on the left wing as he has had an impact before as a late substitute

Reactions: Penna

JON.B

Sloop
We should have put Martial on the right as he hadnt done much all game on the left and then let Rashford do his thing on the left wing as he has had an impact before as a late substitute
Rashford should have replaced Ibra, simple. Martial hasn't looked great the few times he's played on the right so it wouldn't have made much of a difference if we had done that either.

Golden Nugget

Yeah it's almost like he was playing out of position.
He was up front for a bit when he came on, Ibrahimovic dropped behind with Mata staying on the right. Jose then changed it back to Ibrahimovic up front and Mata in the centre with Rashford on the right, where he disappeared. Him over dribbling had nothing to do with being played out of position

Born2Lose

He was up front for a bit when he came on, Ibrahimovic dropped behind with Mata staying on the right. Jose then changed it back to Ibrahimovic up front and Mata in the centre with Rashford on the right, where he disappeared. Him over dribbling had nothing to do with being played out of position
I just think it's really harsh to judge a kid whose coming into his second season and most of the time being played out of position.

Golden Nugget

I just think it's really harsh to judge a kid whose coming into his second season and most of the time being played out of position.
It is, and I agree. As mentioned, I don't think I've ever said a bad word about him before - but there were a few occasions where he just kept dribbling and missed the chance to pass or cross.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Great attitude providing he's not risking serious injury and it was just illness. He's clearly hungry to prove himself.

El Zoido

It was on his wrong foot unfortunately. Feel he'd have scored if it was on his stronger foot.

mu4c_20le

Courtois got it right. He could ahve done better but keeper deserves some credit for that.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's got a lot to learn about his game yet. Not outpacing Cahill is fine given the illness and pressure but he actually played himself voluntarily onto his weaker foot and then rammed the shot straight at Courtois. The 2 biggest parts to that run and shot were actually the wrong choices to give himself the best chance to score from. Such a promising talent and I'm enjoying seeing this channel running game from him (it's Vardy like from last season) but his decisions under pressure and how he sets himself with the final touches need to be the core focus that he works on because unless he's running onto the ball or he's knocked it far enough ahead to run onto then there are flaws in his work.

As for Keown calling it all world class. One day we can hope but not yet.

jackofalltrades

The only opportunity we had, terrible miss which sums up his season. If the first touch is good, the second isn't or the third.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
A lot to work on to develop his overall game but works hard.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Thought he was good tonight. Obviously should have scored but he did well to get into the scoring position in the first place.

FromTheBench

His effort and workrate was fantastic.

Did decently otherwise too. Nothing great but was a threat.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
One of his best performances for us, I feel.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was quite impressed. He had literally no support from anybody against three defenders.

cyberman

Nitpicking here but I don't think he should take it back on his weaker foot, he's then shooting to the keepers side

Status
Not open for further replies.