Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duafc

Village Lemon

Rashford completed the most dribbles (7) and the most chances (7) out of any player - in 30 minutes.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He still needs to work on his abilities as a striker.

He can't play alone as a striker and can't properly lead a line by his movement.

He still need to learn a lot and I think that Jose's giving him a lot of playing time here and there in the team to learn.

He'll add all the aspect of being a left winger, a substitute to his brain and will benefit from this once the team will really score goals.

He won't be our 1st or second scorer, but I do think that he'll be the third or 4th one.

In 2008/2009, Ronaldo had 42 goals, Tevez and Rooney 20 or so. We need to find players able to take this burden off him

RedMaestro

That's delicious :drool:

Begs the question - where does he make the most impact?
I think he's more a wide forward than an out and out striker personally.
From tribalfootball.
Rashford - "I've been playing in wider positions and it's helped me know what the forwards want from me when I'm out wide," he said.

"That helps me and it also helps me know what the winger wants when I get in the middle.

"The modern-day attacker is not just a No 9 or No 10 or just a winger. It is someone who can interchange between the positions if they are needed to.

"I think I'm a No 9 but if I have to move to other positions for certain games it is what you have to do and it is part of your attributes."

MadMike

Shame he didn't mean it but looks good nonetheless..
He shifted the ball from his right to his left before kicking it through the defenders legs, he kept eye contact with the ball at all times and never broke his stride. All signs that he meant to do it. He only knows if he actually meant it or not, but there's nothing in observing that indicates he didn't

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He shifted the ball from his right to his left before kicking it through the defenders legs, he kept eye contact with the ball at all times and never broke his stride. All signs that he meant to do it. He only knows if he actually meant it or not, but there's nothing in observing that indicates he didn't
I'm 100% sure he meant it and not an accident.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Good point, I'm inclined to think he meant it because of the ball' s position (and the defender's)

Chicharito_

You have absolutely no idea.
He 100% didn't mean for the ball to go through the players legs, players always do that quick shift to go in between 2 players and you can see by the path of his left foot that's what he has tried but the ball has accidentally hit his toes and gone through the players legs.

Looks good anyway and don't tell me I have no idea podurban.

podurban2

He 100% didn't mean for the ball to go through the players legs, players always do that quick shift to go in between 2 players and you can see by the path of his left foot that's what he has tried but the ball has accidentally hit his toes and gone through the players legs.

Looks good anyway and don't tell me I have no idea podurban.
Sorry but I'm inclined to, no offense. The defenders legs are wide open before he makes the dribble. No one except for Rashford knows 100% if it was intended or not.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Because when people do comparisons 99% of the time the skin colour matches up. No big deal, just a funny aspect of this.

He's more like Owen because he's rapid with the ball at his feet and can drift past players. Like Owen the ball isn't exactly glued to his foot but that speed and agility does the trick. He plays off the shoulder like Owen, neither had much physical presence, neither a target man. In terms of finishing Owen far more clinical but like Rashford he wasn't a scorer of all types of goals.

Welbeck can gallop off the ball but he was never one to beat players consistently. From a standing start he couldn't blast past a fullback. There was never any real desire to be a goalscorer, doesn't really play off the last man. That they both came through United is neither here nor there in terms of playing style comparison. It's also way too early to compare Rashfords finishing to Welbeck's. Especially when you consider how clinical he was last year.
People do tend to match others based on physical appearance. And skin color is one of the most obvious aspect, whether is wrong or not.

Anyway, yeh, I can see why you think of Owen then. Although skin color aside, I see younger Welbeck in Rashford. And I was one of Welbeck admirer, and had really high hope for him. Still think it was a mistake on selling him. That fecking Philosopher.

OldTrevil

Looks like he wanted to pass in between the two defenders with the flick, the left touch didn't come off but luckily resulted in the nutmeg.

Footyislife

The thing is you look at it wrongly here. Mourinho name picked & praised Rashford for his work & movement which in itself created the chance. It's disheartening he's not scoring, but it's also promising that with luck & work his finishing can be improved.

Martial's biggest problem is his workrate & movement off ball. He indisputably has the dribbling skill of top talent, but without the off ball movement, the desire to make run, he's pretty much containable by well organized defense. People often spin it as Martial being asked to do too much defensive work, but the truth is it's also the offensive off ball movement Martial's lacking. It's like comparing Cavani & Berbatov here. One may look like a donkey missing chance, but he works hard enough to create enough chance to score himself. Another has all the gracious touch & better conversion rate, but doesn't work hard enough to get enough chance to score more goal.

The common excuse for Hazard is using Hazard who is lazy defensively, but he's also top notch in off ball offensive movement unlike Martial right now.
Striker can't score, but he's super fast so that makes it okay. I didn't know we were in the business of almost scoring goals. Also debating off the ball movement of a LM vs. a CF is stupid. Whenever Rashford starts at LM he has performed terribly. He plays very passive and just passes the ball, whereas Martial tries to create despite the 1v2 Jose forces by not playing a proper LB who can overlap.

We'll sell Martial and he'll go one to be a star in a team that accommodates his playing style, while Rashford will become the next Danny Welbeck; nothing more than another over-hyped young English player. Sad stuff. Next thing you know we'll waste buckets of money on Griezmann who's unproven in the EPL, over a sure thing like Sanchez.

ti vu

Striker can't score, but he's super fast so that makes it okay. I didn't know we were in the business of almost scoring goals. Also debating off the ball movement of a LM vs. a CF is stupid. Whenever Rashford starts at LM he has performed terribly. He plays very passive and just passes the ball, whereas Martial tries to create despite the 1v2 Jose forces by not playing a proper LB who can overlap.

We'll sell Martial and he'll go one to be a star in a team that accommodates his playing style, while Rashford will become the next Danny Welbeck; nothing more than another over-hyped young English player. Sad stuff. Next thing you know we'll waste buckets of money on Griezmann who's unproven in the EPL, over a sure thing like Sanchez.
Agree to disagree completely.

There is a picture of Martial somewhere on this forum: instead of taking 1 vs 1 choosing the wrong option by crossing early to 10 men Bournemouth. It's not the only instance if you actually watch games. Martial is partially at fault for his own lack of movement, decision making if you think he always got 2 vs 1.

Wherever Rashford played he makes better off ball movement. Football is not all about on ball action. There are plenty to do off ball. Zlatan at 20 in his first season for Ajax only scored 9 goals in all competitions. And only hit 20+ goal per season in his second season as Inter Milan players = his fifth season in Serie A. Since then, always get 20 goals per season for his clubs. This same striker is PL unproven and already scored 20+ goals for us in all competitions. So you're ready to pass judgement on Rashford who is not even 20 in back up role...

Lovely, how Rashford is becoming Welbeck, Martial becomes star for other team. Sanchez will be cheaper than Griezmann (years left on their peak, contract length vs contract length, commercial value...) Sanchez won't turn into Torres when changed club (Who knows about Griezman too?)... You can see into future and know how thing would turn out, can't you. How about telling me the winning lottery number next? :rolleyes:

Man Utd 0:0 West Brom

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Looks like the game could go for another 10 hrs, still he couldn't hit that darn door.
He needs to go on loan, then learn and prove himself somewhere else first; just like H. Keane.
It would be extremely stupid for Mou to depend on him as United 2nd striker for a 36 y.o. Ibra. next season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Looks like the game could go for another 10 hrs, still he couldn't hit that darn door.
He needs to go on loan, then learn and prove himself somewhere else first; just like H. Keane.
It would be extremely stupid for Mou to depend on him as United 2nd striker for a 36 y.o. Ibra. next season.
He's still a kid. Last year was an aberration. He still needs to develop like any other 19 year old.

ManUtd1999

He needs to go on loan, then learn and prove himself somewhere else first.
Honestly, when was his last good game? I really can't recall, but enlighten me.

Zoo

Someone should tell him to play between the width of the posts again. He needs to get on the end of chances.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He looks totally lost. Seems to flee the box whenever he can. He looks much happier when he's in positions where he won't have to cope with the pressure of scoring. The barren run has got to his head.

AndyJ1985

He's a one trick pony who has nothing to his game except running at defenders. When it works it looks great, but more often than not he offers nothing. If he wants to make it here he's going to have to add more to his game.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's not his ability or form that is concerning, as it is normal for a 19 y.o to be inconsistent, but it's his positioning and the killer instinct to be at the right places that concerns me. You hardly ever see him at the end of crosses or a loose ball in the box. He hardly has those poacher's goal ever that is disappointing

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It's not his ability or form that is concerning, as it is normal for a 19 y.o to be inconsistent, but it's his positioning and the killer instinct to be at the right places that concerns me. You hardly ever see him at the end of crosses or a loose ball in the box. He hardly has those poacher's goal ever that is disappointing
He did last season

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Honestly, when was his last good game? I really can't recall, but enlighten me.
Tbf, he has some good games, albeit with poor goal return. And mostly as subs.

He's still a kid. Last year was an aberration. He still needs to develop like any other 19 year old.
Yeh of course. That's why there's still hope for him, and loan him out is the best solution for United and him. Hopefully he could get the game time in his preferred position, and United could use his spot for more experience and much better striker that we desperately need at this time.

ManUtd1999

Chelsea in the FA Cup and recently for England.
So, the FA cup for us. Yeah, I guess so... other than that? Not sure.

I agree that he is still a kid and not sure if I want him to go for a loan-- these typically don't end well for us, but he should start taking his chances. I was really excited about him last season and still think that we can get a great player out of him but his end product this year is lacking.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
True, but I don't expect him to be all of those things as he's just a kid. If anything, last year's performances set irrational expectations of him this year. He's still 2-3 years into developing into the final product imo.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought he was the only one who was dangerous and wanted to score. Had couple of very good shots from distance, great technique, good to see that he has it in his locker.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Bright sparks but clearly not good enough to start when we have most of our attackers available. Impact sub against tired defenders is still his best position for us. Who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.