6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jojose

Reading his logic for still selecting Hart and dropping Rashford, his decision on both players contradict each other
Not really. Butland is injured. So alternatives to Hart are????

In Rashfords case Kane, Vardy, Sturridge, Defoe, Sterling, Rooney etc etc are all fit and scoring

FromTheBench

In Rashfords case Kane, Vardy, Sturridge, Defoe, Sterling, Rooney etc etc are all fit and scoring
Exactly. Plus Hart is a established starter for England and a experienced player.

While rashford is a young 18 yead old who just about made the squad due to form and injuries to others. His position was always more precarious as he is nowhere near regular.

Dont quite see what the outrage is about.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Vardy, Sturridge, Kane has 0 goals in PL so far. Rooney and Sterling doesn't play in his position. Defoe wasn't in the last English squad.

Alternatives of Hart are Forster and Heaton who are starting regularly for their teams and doing well.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Would be fecked up if he doesn't even get some minutes against Hull.
Not really. Mou makes decision based on what will work for the team, not what's good for Rashford.

People just ought to be patient, we have a world class striker like we should and it was always going to be hard for Rashford to get game time especially now when we're still playing 1 game a week. And we're like 2 games in the season what's the fuss anyways.

People getting surprised he hasn't even had sub appearances and making a big deal about it but the reality is that our squad is strong this year and position for place is hard. I mean even Mhki is hardly getting some sub cameos so far, why do you think Rashford can just easily slot in even just sub appearances.

jojose

Vardy, Sturridge, Kane has 0 goals in PL so far. Rooney and Sterling doesn't play in his position. Defoe wasn't in the last English squad.

Alternatives of Hart are Forster and Heaton who are starting regularly for their teams and doing well.
TBH I couldn't care less about ENgland

Vardy, Sturridge, Kane, Rooney and Sterling are all established internationals. All fit. All playing. All capable of playing across the front and therefore in direct competition with Rashord. Rashford had an impressive 5 minutes against Iceland wide left and looked lively in the shield for 15 minutes, wide left.

Joe Hart whilst over-rated is also an established international and better keeper than Heaton and Forster.

It's fairly simple really. Take your tinted glasses off.

As for United, Rashford will get his game time. How much will depend on him.

All young players at big clubs face the same situation of having world class experienced players ahead of them. If they are good enough, they'll force there way in. If not, they'll be sold to Everton or Sunderland.

Personally I want the club to be successful over giving pampering to kids and playing them just to develop them. We are one of the biggest clubs in the world, not Southampton. If they are good enough they'll play but as the cliché goes, no one player is bigger than the club.

I had this argument when we signed RVP. People didn't want him and would prefer to "give Welbeck his opportunity".

This year....Zlatan starts in the Premier League 38 games he'll get 25 goals and we'll likely win the league. Rashford learns, contributes goals off the bench and in cups.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
TBH I couldn't care less about ENgland

Vardy, Sturridge, Kane, Rooney and Sterling are all established internationals. All fit. All playing. All capable of playing across the front and therefore in direct competition with Rashord. Rashford had an impressive 5 minutes against Iceland wide left and looked lively in the shield for 15 minutes, wide left.

Joe Hart whilst over-rated is also an established international and better keeper than Heaton and Forster.

It's fairly simple really. Take your tinted glasses off.

As for United, Rashford will get his game time. How much will depend on him.

All young players at big clubs face the same situation of having world class experienced players ahead of them. If they are good enough, they'll force there way in. If not, they'll be sold to Everton or Sunderland.

Personally I want the club to be successful over giving pampering to kids and playing them just to develop them. We are one of the biggest clubs in the world, not Southampton. If they are good enough they'll play but as the cliché goes, no one player is bigger than the club.

I had this argument when we signed RVP. People didn't want him and would prefer to "give Welbeck his opportunity".

This year....Zlatan starts in the Premier League 38 games he'll get 25 goals and we'll likely win the league. Rashford learns, contributes goals off the bench and in cups.
What a weird post this is.

I'm not saying that the signing of Zlatan is bad for Rashford's development.

You said in your post that all of Kane, Storrington and Vardy are fit and scoring goals. I said that this is not the case.

That last three paragraphs are in no way connected to what I said.

jojose

What a weird post this is.

I'm not saying that the signing of Zlatan is bad for Rashford's development.

You said in your post that all of Kane, Storrington and Vardy are fit and scoring goals. I said that this is not the case.

That last three paragraphs are in no way connected to what I said.
I said that vardy, kane, sturridge, rooney, defoe and sterling are all fit, playing, and scoring. Ok so two games in some of them haven't actually scored yet. My point remains. Big Sam is not an "idiot" for selecting 6 established internationals who are all fit and playing over an 18 year old kid who hasn't kicked a ball.

He's also not an idiot for selecting Hart, albeit over rated over Tom Heaton!

panz

Picked for the U-21 team instead of the senior team.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Easy and lazy decision. Needs to get on the pitch sooner or later or he loses match fitness.

DeOddi

My biggest fear in the case of Rashford is that the time on the pitch he´ll get could be just in makeshift teams in lesser cups, with lots of other bench players. As we´ve seen many times under SAF, when he used the League Cup or dead rubber games in the CL (good old times :lol:), the quality of football played by these line-ups is shocking in general. I doubt he´ll learn much if the majority of games he´ll get are these kind of games. But it´s still early and we´ll have to see how Mourinho intends to handle his development.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm glad he's been picked for the U-21s. If he had been picked for the main squad I doubt he'd had played, and I need my Rashford fix. I already miss watching him play.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Picked for the U-21 team instead of the senior team.

good, he needs games so its better for him to play for the U21 then sit on the bench for the senior team.

podurban2

It's good. For the U21 he will be the man, he would never get many minutes in the senior squad anyway. The World Cup is two years from now, hopefully he will have worked himself into the senior first XI by that time.

vodrake

It's heartwarming how many opposition fans suddenly have such a vested concern about Rashford's game time. The number saying he needs to leave United now as Mourinho is ruining his development in the comment sections for these articles in impressive.

Almost as impressive as the articles claiming he's "out of favour at United" and "struggling for First-Team football" after 2 games of the season.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I have to voice my unpopular opinion. I am yet to be won over by the rash.

Don't get me wrong I love the kid and he has potential but I don't see this leading Man United striker in him that everyone else does. I feel his game is a bit one dimensional and his dribbling isn't really consistent but he can beat player with pace.

I do realize most experts and fans think otherwise so I am likely wrong and maybe he will win me over soon enough but I don't see the craze yet..

Borden

I have to voice my unpopular opinion. I am yet to be won over by the rash.

Don't get me wrong I love the kid and he has potential but I don't see this leading Man United striker in him that everyone else does. I feel his game is a bit one dimensional and his dribbling isn't really consistent but he can beat player with pace.

I do realize most experts and fans think otherwise so I am likely wrong and maybe he will win me over soon enough but I don't see the craze yet..
Strange thing to say. He's shown smartness, excellent finishing, clever runs, intelligence, very good team play (his flicks and one-twos have been superb), has performed in big games, and has shown - despite his young age - a remarkable consistency.

One-dimensional is not how I would describe Marcus Rashford.

Tiber

As I say virtually every week. Rashford should be starting every game and play through the middle.

His pace and skill adds so much to our game that Zlatan and Rooney up the middle will never bring

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Has to play more. The difference between him and Rooney is staggering.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Best teenage player in the world.

Anyone who disagrees hasn't a clue. Absolute genius of a player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Haven't celebrated a goal like that in the league in ages. What a talent this kid is. Not just the goal (it was a tap in tbf) but his introduction changed the game

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Yessss. Couldn't watch the game but over the moon to find out he got minutes (and scored)!

Raw

Absolute fecking class. Not just because he scored, he was immediately our most dangerous player.

GimmeThatBall_M8_NL

I just screamed at my tellie. I havent done that for almost 3 years while watching United. What a game, what a game...

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good work by the kid, one of my favorites on the squad with his pace, directness and still good footwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.