Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

If the story about his demands are true (and that's a big 'if'), Ole should put him in his place and, if he doesn't like it, he should be moved on. Hasn't been good enough for us and if he's silly enough to think he's a big name player, let him go sit on the bench at another club because he won't start at any other CL team.

The guy's never scored more than 10 PL goals in a season for crying out loud

Eddy_JukeZ

I know I am going to get a lot of heat for this, but if somehow Barcelona want to sign Rashford, I will gladly accept the 130 million or whatever and deliver him there myself. This has nothing to do with whatever salary he is looking for, but for what he produces on the pitch. Rashford has the ability as he has shown in glimpses, but something has changed in him dramatically from the time he broke into the team to the selfish, bad decision maker he has become. I don't think the manager has the balls to reign him in, so it's better that he is gone.
What heat?

I think 99% on here would agree with you.

If Barcelona really offer that amount, we should take it and run.

He's nowhere near worth 200k per week.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
fecking Christ..... glad the fans aren’t running the club. Kid breaks through and people say he’s amazing. Has a bad run of form and people say he’s fecking shite, bin him off. Then he goes white hot for a while, and people say he’s got shades of Ronaldo about him. Then he and the team have a poor run and he’s fecking shite again. I swear some of you people know very close to nothing about life or football. At the very least there is a very limited understanding of how companies are actually run. The football forum is getting to the point of becoming intolerable, because it’s so uninformed and reactionary.

The kid is 21. His numbers are fantastic at his age. The football world sees an immense talent. Will he be world class? Who knows. But we should never be selling him. And 200k a week? So what? Firstly, and this is something that is never, ever discussed in these forums, is that contracts are all heavily incentive laden these days. Based on performances, statistical markers, trophies, image rights etc. On a 200k a week contract probably 125-150 of that are guaranteed. The rest are performance related. And if people don’t think that a player of Rashford’s talent, career trajectory, and profile is “worth” that - then they haven’t been paying attention to the evolution of football economics over the last two decades.

Does anyone realistically think that the club, for example, is paying Alexis 400k a week guaranteed? I laugh half the time I read these mouth frothing debates. Contracts nowadays are much, much more complex than the media reports like to summarise. There was a detailed analysis of this a few years ago, focusing on how United were one of the first clubs to mimic US sports and make contracts heavily performance structured.

I don’t worry about our pay rates whatsoever. We have one of the best wage to turnover ratios of a big club in the world. Rashford is never a player we should be selling.

People will just fecking moan about anything.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
fecking Christ..... glad the fans aren’t running the club. Kid breaks through and people say he’s amazing. Has a bad run of form and people say he’s fecking shite, bin him off. Then he goes white hot for a while, and people say he’s got shades of Ronaldo about him. Then he and the team have a poor run and he’s fecking shite again. I swear some of you people know very close to nothing about life or football. At the very least there is a very limited understanding of how companies are actually run. The football forum is getting to the point of becoming intolerable, because it’s so uninformed and reactionary.

The kid is 21. His numbers are fantastic at his age. The football world sees an immense talent. Will he be world class? Who knows. But we should never be selling him. And 200k a week? So what? Firstly, and this is something that is never, ever discussed in these forums, is that contracts are all heavily incentive laden these days. Based on performances, statistical markers, trophies, image rights etc. On a 200k a week contract probably 125-150 of that are guaranteed. The rest are performance related. And if people don’t think that a player of Rashford’s talent, career trajectory, and profile is “worth” that - then they haven’t been paying attention to the evolution of football economics over the last two decades.

Does anyone realistically think that the club, for example, is paying Alexis 400k a week guaranteed? I laugh half the time I read these mouth frothing debates. Contracts nowadays are much, much more complex than the media reports like to summarise. There was a detailed analysis of this a few years ago, focusing on how United were one of the first clubs to mimic US sports and make contracts heavily performance structured.

I don’t worry about our pay rates whatsoever. We have one of the best wage to turnover ratios of a big club in the world. Rashford is never a player we should be selling.

Agree to a lot of this.
But I would worry about how we pay. It's a huge reason why we end up not being able to shift players for years who contribute next to nothing, like Rojo and Darmian.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Great post, simon.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes

Bloody hell who are you? Krishnamurti? :lol:

Rashford has shown a lot of promise. He's also turned out some absolutely shocking performances. Considering the club has a demonstrable record of vastly over paying players and rewarding mediocrity right now, fans are absolutely right to be asking that wages are reflected in performances.

There is absolutely debate to be had whether Rashford is worth 200k a week. That's the issue to be debated here, not your imaginary conception of redcsfe posters understanding of company management and the business cycle or whatever other mental gymnastics you need to do to justify your butthurt at people daring to criticise rashford :lol: . Get a grip

ErranMorad

Bloody hell who are you? Krishnamurti? :lol:

Rashford has shown a lot of promise. He's also turned out some absolutely shocking performances. Considering the club has a demonstrable record of vastly over paying players and rewarding mediocrity right now, fans are absolutely right to be asking that wages are reflected in performances.

There is absolutely debate to be had whether Rashford is worth 200k a week. That's the issue to be debated here, not your imaginary conception of redcsfe posters understanding of company management and the business cycle or whatever other mental gymnastics you need to do to justify your butthurt at people daring to criticise rashford :lol: . Get a grip
:lol:......but people just moan about anything, man! Anything!

Paul_Scholes18

Hopefully he can find some form again and help us get top 4. Big week ahead and we need Rashford to make good runs and take his chances if we are to get 7-9 points this week.

Mrdan1709

Who in your opinion should be ahead of him? Are there any 21 year olds running the front line for a club competing for top4?
Mentioning that he is 21 is irrelevant. The award is for players who at the beginning of the season were age 23. If we had an actual top striker leading the line instead of him we probaly wouldnt be competing for top 4 and would be top 4 comfortably?

For your question though, players who should be nominated ahead. Leroy Sane, Lucas Torreira, Guendozou and Delle Alli should all be nominated ahead of Rashford and all fit the age category for the award. S

Andersons Dietician

I’ve kind of been thinking this for a while but his finishing and general work in the box has gotten worse since his debut season. I’m actually just watching All the Goals :Rashford on MUTV and honestly his finishing has gotten worse. He looks calm and relaxed and more natural at finishing in his debut season and you can watch him and think yeah maybe he can be a top striker.

Watch him now, everything is rushed, snatched at or just long rangers and I’m no longer convinced he can be a top striker near the levels of your Aguero and so on. I hope he gets back to what he was and a more natural finisher.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Mentioning that he is 21 is irrelevant. The award is for players who at the beginning of the season were age 23. If we had an actual top striker leading the line instead of him we probaly wouldnt be competing for top 4 and would be top 4 comfortably?

For your question though, players who should be nominated ahead. Leroy Sane, Lucas Torreira, Guendozou and Delle Alli should all be nominated ahead of Rashford and all fit the age category for the award. S
Alli is having pretty average or even below season, and he is also English, your argument makes no sense if you are nominating him ahead of Rashford, it just shows your agenda saying that Rashford is nominated just because he is English, and then nominating Alli. And I just checked your post history, from 46 post majority are criticising Rashford and our other players, and rest of your post are praising other teams players of being best players ever, so there's really no reason for me to continue this discussion. Another horrible newbie aboard.

-Supreme-

Who in your opinion should be ahead of him? Are there any 21 year olds running the front line for a club competing for top4?
1. Aaron Wan-Bissaka
2. Richarlison
3. James Maddison

These players who aren't nominated but should be ahead of Rashford based on their performances this season.

The Nani

Quality post.

God forbid the Mail decide to write another crap article based on nothing.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Can't wait to see all these 100m bids come in from elite cl sides who are desperate to see rashford shin it over the bar and fire some free kicks into row z in their next champions league quarter final.

Maybe if they don't arrive though, its probably because those clubs haven't been playing 'close enough attention to the evolution of football economics'. The bloody idiots.

We have a high wage to turnover ratio entirely built upon the success of previous teams and the legacy of SAF. Who knows how much longer we can milk that history for.

Those of us that want to see the club achieving want players that earn exorbitant wages to produce consistent top tier performances, regardless of how their contracts are broken down. Which, incidentally, is a totally moot point because the players they are 0compared to across other teams will also have similar clauses in their contracts. The figure quoted in the press is a ballpark figure which is going to be an accurate reference point against other top teams players ball park figures.

Don't think many of us need some genius to come along and blow our minds by explaining there's such a thing as clauses in contracts.

Mrdan1709

Alli is having pretty average or even below season, and he is also English, your argument makes no sense if you are nominating him ahead of Rashford, it just shows your agenda saying that Rashford is nominated just because he is English, and then nominating Alli. And I just checked your post history, from 46 post majority are criticising Rashford and our other players, and rest of your post are praising other teams players of being best players ever, so there's really no reason for me to continue this discussion. Another horrible newbie aboard.
I criticize Rashford, Lukaku, Young and Lingard. Probaly 80% of other posters on here do the same so i guess the whole board is horrible? Considering those 4 play badly almost every single match recently its no wonder i come on here to voice my frustrations against them after a match. I praise players from City and Liverpool because they are world class and i admire their skills and wish we had players like them.

Also i named four players but you only argued against one of my picks. Maybe instead of making ad hominem attacks and researching peoples post histories (pretty weird to do that in all honesty) try to argue why Rashford deserves a nominee over the rest.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
1. Aaron Wan-Bissaka
2. Richarlison
3. James Maddison

These players who aren't nominated but should be ahead of Rashford based on their performances this season.
Richarlison has scored two more goals than Rashford, but set up five less. I don't really see why he should be ahead of him
Wan-Bissaka and Maddison are better shouts though.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I criticize Rashford, Lukaku, Young and Lingard. Probaly 80% of other posters on here do the same so i guess the whole board is horrible? Considering those 4 play badly almost every single match recently its no wonder i come on here to voice my frustrations against them after a match. I praise players from City and Liverpool because they are world class and i admire their skills and wish we had players like them.

Also i named four players but you only argued against one of my picks. Maybe instead of making ad hominem attacks and researching peoples post histories (pretty weird to do that in all honesty) try to argue why Rashford deserves a nominee over the rest.
Because your inclusion of Alli made it obvious you have no idea what are you talking about. Guendouzi is one of worst rated Arsenal players this season from their entire squad, and Torreira isn't much better either. So, again, you have no idea what are you talking about, you just made it sure to criticise Rashford's inclusion because you don't like him.

1. Aaron Wan-Bissaka
2. Richarlison
3. James Maddison

Those are fair choices, but I asked him because he said Rashford is nominated only becauae he is English, only for him to nominate Delle Alli(who is English and is worse than Rashford this year), and another two average players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just not good on the right side of attack. Like all of our players.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s a big time Charlie that’s too good for us these days.

No work ethic, shoots every time he sees the goal from 30 yards and only has a right foot.

His technique has gone out the window, he was better at 18.

Based Adnan

You were spot on.
Unfortunately, 2 being 2/10
2/10 is generous

Thinks he's made it. Has no right to be frutrated at everyone else on the pitch when he's dropping constant shite. Must have picked that up from Young. No idea why he's still on free kicks as well. Don't even get excited when we get one in a dangerous position because you know full well Rashford is sending it straight to row Z.

-Supreme-

Who the feck does he think he is?

Not only he had another poor game but he shown his unhappiness and frustration when his team mate made a bad pass

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
2/10 is generous

Thinks he's made it. Has no right to be frutrated at everyone else on the pitch when he's dropping constant shite. Must have picked that up from Young. No idea why he's still on free kicks as well. Don't even get excited when we get one in a dangerous position because you know full well Rashford is sending it straight to row Z.
I think a huge problem with our forwards is that they are all centre forwards. Rashford is pretty mediocre out wide, and Martial is better in the centre.

Because we therefore have no proper creativity out wide, we're relying on two guys basically running it in from miles away. It's a bit hit and rush.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Who the feck does he think he is?

Not only he had another poor game but he shown his unhappiness and frustration when his team mate made a bad pass
Yeah he should be delighted at some of the appalling balls he received.

Bojan11

Don’t give him a new contract until he gives us one good season. He ain’t going anywhere big with these performances.

I'd be content if he could finish just one of the golden chances he's given every game.

He is clearly never going to be good enough as a number 9 and needs to learn to play as a supporting forward, but when he does this badly there? It's hard to support him getting game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.