Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stepic

i didn't say he is a good goalscorer :). Rashford played a squad role under Mou and scored 13 goals in each season, that's decent. That is what I think his role is, a squad player.
He’s not played a squad role this season, he’s started most games he’s played. And only scored a squad members level of goals as a starter. If he played the minutes of an actual squad member he’d have scored even less.

I think I ultimately agree that he’s good enough to be a squad player. But he doesn’t see himself as that. Which is half the problem.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He’s not played a squad role this season, he’s started most games he’s played. And only scored a squad members level of goals as a starter. If he played the minutes of an actual squad member he’d have scored even less.

I think I ultimately agree that he’s good enough to be a squad player. But he doesn’t see himself as that. Which is half the problem.
I believe something is wrong in the dressing room. Rashford is still taking set pieces despite being shambolic at them. Someone behind the scenes hasn't sat him down and shown him the tapes, he should have been off them ages ago. I'm worried that Ole is actually reinforcing this because he seems to rate Rashford, but he might have changed his mind after his purple patch was over.

Swiss_Red89

You were spot on.
Unfortunately, 2 being 2/10
Cant disagree with this. He was shit and has been a fair few weeks now. But he dont deserve the hate he's getting at the moment. I think he's trying to hard and his lack of experience is showing atm. That results in performances like this.

Eddy_JukeZ

The fact that he still takes FKs is a tiny example of how fecked up things are at our club.
We enable him and his rather crap attitude lately.

I mean Ole calls him Rashy :lol:

How I wish SAF was still our manager and like 10 years younger. Didn't appreciate the good times enough. Took them for granted.

Bojan11

He’s not good enough and before his fanboys chime in I don’t think Martial is either. Both I’d cash in on tomorrow and buy actual talented youngsters. City have Sterling and Sane, whilst we have these two clowns. Sane and Jesus cant even get games for them yet would walk into our team.

Ashley R1+O

The attitude that set him apart from other guys in the squad has gone, far to much stropping. He wants that big deal and I don't blame him. I feel like it has shifted his mentality.

Djemba-Djemba

The fact that he still takes FKs is a tiny example of how fecked up things are at our club.
Another sign of the lack of leadership on the pitch.

I know it's a cliche to bring him up but Roy Keane would have stepped in and told Rashford stop shooting from every free kick no matter how far out you are months ago.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I do think he'll be a top player but the free kicks and shots from way out all the time need to stop. At least pick and choose and learn when the right time to shoot is.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I do think he'll be a top player but the free kicks and shots from way out all the time need to stop. At least pick and choose and learn when the right time to shoot is.
The odd thing though is that it has resulted in a few goals. PSG away included

RedCurry

Even when he plays crap and I want him benched for the next game, he still is one of the players that gives it his all most games. I have more time for him than some other players in the squad.

haram

Yeah occasionally, 90% of the time it goes way over the bar. Its knowing when to take and when not to take.
A lot of younger players have issues with decision making. Unless we have an Mbappe we have to deal with if we want to really give youth a chance.

Kammy26

Another sign of the lack of leadership on the pitch.

I know it's a cliche to bring him up but Roy Keane would have stepped in and told Rashford stop shooting from every free kick no matter how far out you are months ago.
We don’t have a Roy Keane and probably never will have another like him. This is on the management, how rashford can be allowed to take set piece after set piece is beyond me. If ole or none of his staff can not see he is shit at them, then it’s just shocking. They should start to give other players a chance, somebody in our squad has got to be better

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He obviously has to improve but like the rest of the front three, I can be that harsh on him given the abysmal level of build up play. The back 4 and midfield appeared drunk.

bosnian_red

A lot of younger players have issues with decision making. Unless we have an Mbappe we have to deal with if we want to really give youth a chance.
For sure, but the shots from range are specifically annoying. Like he mostly reverts to them when things arent going well or when hes annoyed, which doesnt help. And his free kicks really arent very good. Would rather give them to Fred/Pogba/Mata/ whoever else.

haram

For sure, but the shots from range are specifically annoying. Like he mostly reverts to them when things arent going well or when hes annoyed, which doesnt help. And his free kicks really arent very good. Would rather give them to Fred/Pogba/Mata/ whoever else.
He’s obviously the best at taking them in training.

bosnian_red

He’s obviously the best at taking them in training.
Meh I find that hard to believe. Someone like Pogba, Mata or Fred have a much more cultured technique when taking them so I feel like Rashford just wants it more than they do. Ronaldo takes free kicks everywhere he goes even though Pjanic and Dybala are far better takers as one example.

Also while it's usually safe to assume a professional football club does enough work in training to decide who is best at them, let's not forget that not too long ago we had Phil Jones taking our corners... Or Kane taking them for England.

haram

Meh I find that hard to believe. Someone like Pogba, Mata or Fred have a much more cultured technique when taking them so I feel like Rashford just wants it more than they do. Ronaldo takes free kicks everywhere he goes even though Pjanic and Dybala are far better takers as one example.

Also while it's usually safe to assume a professional football club does enough work in training to decide who is best at them, let's not forget that not too long ago we had Phil Jones taking our corners... Or Kane taking them for England.
Phil Jones corner taking was one or two games max. Kane can obviously hit a set piece, it just makes more sense having him in the box.

I dont think Rashford is ripping the ball away from Pogba on free kicks. He has developed a striking technique and is trusted with it. If the free kick is closer you will see someone who uses more finesse taking it. Goals from long range free kicks is not a common thing in general anyway.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Was it his corner that Everton countered and scored from?
Never understand why he’s allowed to take corner. This is something we need to sort out next season. Get someone who can take corner kick & set pieces. We have a lot of physical players in the team good for set pieces but we can’t deliver.

clarkydaz

I dont understand how every freekick means a shot on goal, especially when you aint even hitting the target anymore

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I dont understand how every freekick means a shot on goal, especially when you aint even hitting the target anymore
Somebody told me on the caf that the club is enabling Rashford. Seemed crazy enough to be true.

Yeah occasionally, 90% of the time it goes way over the bar. Its knowing when to take and when not to take.
That's the key right here. When the angle is bad and the distance is far, he really shouldn't be attempting them

Sea-Cow

Has he taken a single decent corner in his career? I honestly can't remember ONE F'ING corner that has made it past the first man. But yet, he continues to take them. Every f'ing week.

Marcelinho87

He has all the quality and talent to make it BUT his attitude stinks, he thinks he has already made it and plays too much for himself.

I would drop him for a bit, possibly to the U23s.

CaptainAvengers

Apparently too busy DM'ing Love Islanders and models on Instagram to train, work hard and show a bit of humility. He thinks he's CR7 with the playboy lifestyle etc.. but he doesn't have the talent his ego thinks he does. Same with Lingaard, Pogba and Martial.. Baby Bentley culture at the club with big social media presence but Ole is too soft to put his foot down I imagine they walk all over him he's the "yes man" nice guy.. Keano would've battered them.

The more we indulge these types of "bad apples" at the club the more it will rot.. we need to get tough.

I miss the days of Keano giving Ronaldo a old school bollocking for doing too many tricks and not crossing the ball early enough..

No leadership, on or off-the pitch.. inmates running the asylum springs to mind!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Apparently too busy DM'ing Love Islanders and models on Instagram to train, work hard and show a bit of humility. He thinks he's CR7 with the playboy lifestyle etc.. but he doesn't have the talent his ego thinks he does. Same with Lingaard, Pogba and Martial.. Baby Bentley culture at the club with big social media presence but Ole is too soft to put his foot down I imagine they walk all over him he's the "yes man" nice guy.. Keano would've battered them.

The more we indulge these types of "bad apples" at the club the more it will rot.. we need to get tough.

I miss the days of Keano giving Ronaldo a old school bollocking for doing too many tricks and not crossing the ball early enough..

No leadership, on or off-the pitch.. inmates running the asylum springs to mind!
Good luck finding someone that isn’t with all that money. Our biggest legends have probably done some of the worst things whilst playing for us i.e. George Best, Giggs. Unless you’re okay with a squad full of Darmians.

Funny you mention CR7 as well who is one of the biggest professionals in the industry.

passing-wind

Going to call it how it is, Rashford is at best a squad player. Neville and all these pundits always give him the benefit of the doubt (local lad, youth system etc) he has shown he has no football brain whatsoever, he's a travesty when in possession. I've seen from the united YouTube channels a very good mention that Rashford has also next to no pedigree at youth level, he made it due to an accumulation of injury's and was given an opportunity on the off chance no one was available. Contrast that to Greenwood who looks like he's easily been one of the greatest upfront to grace our system in recent years, that's a massive statement to show the level of mediocrity in the team.

People calling Salah selfish this season than what do we call Rashford ? He's selfish and has no end results with doing so, that to me equals being hopeless.

I'll take Martial over Rashford any day of the week because Anthony has genuine quality, it's not so much that we doubt Martials ability it's his application. Rashford has shown application but often it leads to nothing. Anyone who has championship level movement will look better than Lukaku in our team. It's reverse psychcology, Rashford looks more productive in the starting 11 because of how much a dreadful contribution Lukaku makes.

I've said it in previous threads if we head into next season with Rashford as a starter (upfront) it will potentially cost Ole his job. Rashford is not going repay the amount of faith you loan as a coach, we have probably seen the best he can offer in his first season.

reddevil702

He's one of the best players on a bad squad, he's young, has experienced success and we lack leadership to keep him humble, so it was bound to happen. You have a team captain who doesn't even deserve his spot in the starting XI and your only two other world class players might not even be at the club next year or don't want to be. I don't think he's a bad apple but more a product of the current culture at United.

red4ever 79

Not good enough to be a Manchester United striker at this moment in time. Should be an impact player off the bench and playing the cup matches. Says a lot for the state of our squad that we have allowed this to happen.

Stacks

Going to call it how it is, Rashford is at best a squad player. Neville and all these pundits always give him the benefit of the doubt (local lad, youth system etc) he has shown he has no football brain whatsoever, he's a travesty when in possession. I've seen from the united YouTube channels a very good mention that Rashford has also next to no pedigree at youth level, he made it due to an accumulation of injury's and was given an opportunity on the off chance no one was available. Contrast that to Greenwood who looks like he's easily been one of the greatest upfront to grace our system in recent years, that's a massive statement to show the level of mediocrity in the team.

People calling Salah selfish this season than what do we call Rashford ? He's selfish and has no end results with doing so, that to me equals being hopeless.

I'll take Martial over Rashford any day of the week because Anthony has genuine quality, it's not so much that we doubt Martials ability it's his application. Rashford has shown application but often it leads to nothing. Anyone who has championship level movement will look better than Lukaku in our team. It's reverse psychcology, Rashford looks more productive in the starting 11 because of how much a dreadful contribution Lukaku makes.

I've said it in previous threads if we head into next season with Rashford as a starter (upfront) it will potentially cost Ole his job. Rashford is not going repay the amount of faith you loan as a coach, we have probably seen the best he can offer in his first season.
Martial and Rashford have near identical goal and assist contributions to minutes so it's hard to suggest one has the quality and the other doesn't

-Supreme-

Martial and Rashford have near identical goal and assist contributions to minutes so it's hard to suggest one has the quality and the other doesn't
Might as well get rid of all scouts if stats is all is needed to judge if a player is good enough.

fps

The re-assigning of Rashford to a winger/ wing-back (!) role recently has been baffling. He is a central striker, and only a central striker.

It is not Rashford's fault that he wants it all now. He's young, talented and impatient, and that's fine. It is the job of the coaches and managers to protect him from his own keenness. He is simply not currently ready to be Manchester United's main striker. But in 2 or 3 years time he may be.

Man Utd 0:2 Man City

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Looked much, much better today. Unfortunately Lingard and Lukaku were shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.