Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

wythyred

Jesus, it's just a cap...
It’s not the cap it’s what it represents.

Why is he turning up to old Trafford on a rainy evening wearing a cap it’s the same reason he is launching fashion labels with Jesse lingash - their not focused on football.

To much emphasis on their image and celebrity.

I like Rashford and I want him to become a legend for us but his attitude is all wrong at the minute and I have been saying for a long time that some players in the squad are bad influences on him.

Ace of Spades

He was fine, probably our most dangerous player. Worked hard and created chances, which were wasted.

Ban

I've never been a cap wearer but last I checked £25 for a Nike one was considered high end, even the Marvel based caps I see don't cost much more than that, maybe the one Rashford has contains a head massaging function and hair heater or something. :lol:
Yeah I bet it isnt better than the one you buy at a flea market. It just has a sign. :D

Patrick08

Why is he turning up to old Trafford on a rainy evening wearing a cap it’s the same reason he is launching fashion labels with Jesse lingash - their not focused on football.

To much emphasis on their image and not celebrity.

I like Rashford and I want him to become a legend for us but his attitude is all wrong at the minute and I have been saying for a long time that some players in the squad are bad influences on him.
Lingard has a bad influence on him in the dressing room, lots of dressing room videos proving to same.

Ban

You're making too much out of it. Also Lingash - thats a bit childish.

Devil may care

Yeah I bet it isnt better than the one you buy at a flea market. It just has a sign. :D
That's when you know you have too much money, you could get a £10 cap that is just as good most likely, but young rich and gullible isn't a new thing I guess, probably if I was rich at his age I'd have bought some stupid stuff as well. :nervous:

wythyred

You're making too much out of it. Also Lingash - thats a bit childish.
I’m definitely not making to much of it.

It’s symbolic of the culture of our club unfortunately.

I feel like I’ve made a fair point here and your going to disagree with me now regardless?

Ban

I’m definitely not making to much of it.

It’s symbolic of the culture of our club unfortunately.

I feel like I’ve made a fair point here and your going to disagree with me now regardless?
He gave an interview wearing a cap. That's it. It wouldnt make much difference if he wore a hat.

Web of Bissaka

Great first half.
:devil:The Rashford I want to see -- hardwork, attack 3X, teamplayer, high energy, pam pam pam!!!

...and then after the clash with Ederson,
Rashford turn back to his recent persona -- selfish and lazy. So boring. :rolleyes:

2nd half, improved and back to playing with the team, but seriously lacked the energy, work rate and high tempo.

luke511

:lol:

wythyred

He gave an interview wearing a cap. That's it. It wouldnt make much difference if he wore a hat.
You are refusing to acknowledge the point I’ve made about what the cap is representative of.

Your trying to dumb down the point I’ve made because you can see that you are clearly wrong and I can no longer be bothered expending anymore energy trying to get you to partake in a discussion.

Ban

You are refusing to acknowledge the point I’ve made about what the cap is representative of.

Your trying to dumb down the point I’ve made because you can see that you are clearly wrong and I can no longer be bothered expending anymore energy trying to get you to partake in a discussion.
Well I cant see I'm clearly wrong cause I dont think I'm wrong actually. All good.
I just disagreed, there's no drama.

Bojan11

Him and Lingard supposed to be best friends but zero chemistry and they even ran into each other at one stage in the game.

Rashford never looks like scoring and that’s the worrying thing. He huffs and puffs especially in the first 20 minutes. But he moves over to the right wing and tries to play a Hollywood pass which then goes into the hands of Ederson.

haram

He is a 21 year old millionaire from Wythenshawe. Of course he is going to be wearing Dsquared2 and Gucci. It's not a problem. You will find Sterling and Alli wearing the same stuff.

van Nistelrooy

Out of all the teammates in the dressing room he just had to get on in bromance with a player 5 years older than him doing stupid things.
Would love to see what Rashford would be like if Lingard buggered off to the other side of the planet.

Ashley R1+O

Only player who looked like he wanted to be here next season
He's starting to get concerningly bitchy though. Needs to get back to the guy he was under Jose, all work and no play make Rashers a quality forward player.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Standards at an all time low if that’s is what constitutes a good performance. Wasn’t the worst player by any means but didn’t look the requisite quality to be leading the line here. He’s a pace merchant at the moment and very raw in most areas of his game.

Thought Lingard was better in the first half and then Rashford was better in the second but let’s be honest apart from that crossing opportunity - neither looked anywhere near the class of City in possession and composure.

Web of Bissaka

Said the right thing, yet diplomatic.

Nothing wrong with what he said. Cheap words anyhow.

He said something interesting though about the squad of today.

Basically what I gather is our players are over nice with each other and lack that "drive" -- they don't want to fight with each other.
+ Sometimes fights eg. arguments, clashes of personalities, etc can be a good thing to bring the team forward. Whatever dirty laundry and problems and issues they had with each other, they need to let it out and dish it out. Keep it silent and the team will stay stagnant.
+ Our 1990s squad have players that are at odds with each other... players fighting with each other, having problems, can't get on well off pitch, etc, but they're still professional and get on well on the pitch. Same thing with the early and mid 2000s squad. Controversial at first when they clashed, the squad feels refreshing afterwards once they get over it and move forward.

iKeano

He's believing his own hype. Massively overrated and regressing since bursting on to the scene.
There's no doubting his talent, but his application and intensity is hugely questionable.

He's been getting praise in here for last nite, I'm not sure what people were watching, but after Kompany got booked early doors Rashford should have been on his toes, but he steered away from him every chance, making clueless runs.

I've noticed of late that if something doesn't go right for Rashford in the first 5 minutes, he drops his head and goes into a Prima Donna strop. Once Kompany battered into him and got booked, he had a chance to build on that anger and frustration and run rings around OAP Kompany, but no, he lost any semblance of a game plan and stropped around trying audacious flicks and tricks unnecessarily.

He's a young lad, but his bags of experience should show more maturity on the pitch. Instead he's regressing into the Jlingz culture - a genuine concern that he's the next Danny Wellbeck in the making.

lsd

The Oracle
We won't win the league with Rashford leading our attack

He is,far to wasteful and selfish . You can be selfish if you are Ronaldo and scoring 30 plus goals a season but when you barely get more than a dozen then you are letting your team down big time

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Honestly don't understand what people find so funny about this? They're young men wearing the sort of clothes many young men wear. Not what I'd wear on an average weekend (although I quite like Lingard's hoodie) but that's because I'm in my forties. Not to mention that his photo seems to have been taken at one of the community outreach things they do, which will have been a really memorable day out for all the kids in that photo.

By all means shit on them for what they produce on the football pitch (and god knows you've loads of evidence available to do that) but all this indignation over what they wear is pathetic. Peak gammoncafe nonsense.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Honestly don't understand what people find so funny about this? They're young men wearing the sort of clothes many young men wear. Not what I'd wear on an average weekend (although I quite like Lingard's hoodie) but that's because I'm in my forties. Not to mention that his photo seems to have been taken at one of the community outreach things they do, which will have been a really memorable day out for all the kids in that photo.

By all means shit on them for what they produce on the football pitch (and god knows you've loads of evidence available to do that) but all this indignation over what they wear is pathetic. Peak gammoncafe nonsense.
...Makes me wonder what are you wearing on non-average weekends?!

Wallez

I have to say that I like Rashford better as as a left winger than as a striker. When starting out left he tends to be able to run with the ball towards goal more often, and it is easier to go one-on-one. I don't think he has the physical presence to be a lone striker, and we see him being bossed around by CBs every week. While his pace is a fantastic attacking threat, we rarely utilize this properly as we don't have anyone that is able to play decent through balls consistently. I would like us to sell Lukaku and sign a striker that can contribute more to our build-up play, and rather play Rashford as an Henry-like offensive left winger, with Martial as backup.

He’s just done an interview on sky sports.

2 big issues I took away from it are

1) He said that the players in the changing room will never call each other out as they are all young players and learning.

2) He was wearing a designer cap that retails around £170 for a post match interview when we have just been beat 2-0 that tells me exactly where his head is at.
Under his hat?

A £170 hat to him is like a £5 job from Sports Direct for you, if he even paid for it at all and it's not some promotional freebie.

Hate on Lingard for spending too much time on his stupid brand but to moan about Rashford for wearing a hat that someone probably gave to him?:houllier:

luke511

I found it funny/ironic because Rashford's zip up is about 3 sizes too short whilst he's trying to look trendy. Nothing malicious.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He started giving this vibe like he thinks he's already made it. May be wrong because he used to be such a humble lad/player.Remember seeing him in Manchester a month before his debut, looking a normal skinny teenager with a backpack on his back probably heading to school. Look at him now.

If he couples that with some meteoric rise in his quality on the pitch then I couldn't be bothered but otherwise..

Status
Not open for further replies.