Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks2008

Crap again, but Ole really loves him so I fully expect him to get a fat 300k contract soon.

-Supreme-

He's got good off the ball movement in behind their defence but his lack of quality with the ball and poor decision making are very clear - it feels like I'm watching Lingard....

This is his 4th season at United, yes I know he's only 21 (22 in Oct) but attacking players normally matures much younger, unlike defenders / goalkeeper.

How much more time can we afford to give him until we realise that he may not be the player we all hope him to be?

Water Melon

Should be a squad player for now at least. The problem is that we have no established striker. It really is surprising to see some regress in his and Martial's development. Who are our coaches, are they teaching our players a thing or two?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
As much as we criticise him, he is the best forward we have which says it all.

passing-wind

Absolutely rubbish this season, had a good three weeks worth of performances. Don't know what Ole see's in him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The talent is there, but it's just not working for him. He wants to do with pace and power, where some finesse would go so far. It doesn't help that the club seems to indulge him so much.

Andersons Dietician

The minute he learns that there are other on the pitch with him and they might be in a better position what a player we’ll have. He is the most frustrating player to watch for me right now as he gets in to good positions and what he does after that is stuff you’d expect from a 10 yr old.

His finishing needs work and I honestly think he’s gotten worse. When he was under LVG his finishing seemed cool, natural, like it was nothing. Now slashing, smashing, thrashing at everything.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He won't grow into that big a talent as we all like to assume.

DRM

If we start with him as our main striker next season, we're going to struggle.

-Supreme-

I wish he knows his weaknesses, go back to basic and not trying to do stuff that is way above his level.

If he can achieve that then he'd be a useful squad player here.

el3mel

Ole seems to have no problem dropping the entire rest of the team but Rashford can drop stinkers left, right and center and still be starting every game.

The new undroppable one.

arnie_ni

I actually think as an overall player he has regressed since coming on the scene.

His off the ball movement has improved, but before, he kept it simple, he had good movements around the box, he'd shift the ball and shoot or drop it off and make a run in behind to get it back.

Now he just seems to over complicate things, throws a few stopovers, tries to beat another man instead of a simple pass or the early shot, hangs about the middle of the pitch instead of the 18 year box.

I mean didnt he score 3 or 4 headers in that amazing run the first few games? He just seems to want to be too involved deeper, beating players, looking for a spectacular goal. Get in the box, use your pace, sharpness, movement and get on to the end of wee through balls from pobga or a cross from the wings, score goals! Keep it simple

Cassidy

Ole seems to have no problem dropping the entire rest of the team but Rashford can drop stinkers left, right and center and still be starting every game.

The new undroppable one.
The issue is his replacements are worse and at the least Rashford and Lukaku actually score goals. Martial and Sanchez have done feck all under Ole and Lingard is trash. I'm disappointed Greenwood hasn't had more chances to at least make the bench and challenge these guys.

el3mel

The issue is his replacements are worse and at the least Rashford and Lukaku actually score goals. Martial and Sanchez have done feck all under Ole and Lingard is trash. I'm disappointed Greenwood hasn't had more chances to at least make the bench and challenge these guys.
He actually doesn't even score goals any more.

Yeah should give Greenwood or any youngster chance at this point. Won't be any worse than the current lot.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Becoming the prime example of too much hype too early.

If he had had a normal development, with loan spells, battles against established and in form stars for a place in the team, we would maybe have a different player now.

Instead it's all hype over substance, 100m this, Barcelona thst. Yet his level in the majority of the games this season is that of a bottom half of the table player. Inconsistent, ineffective and worst of all doesn't play for the team.

Thought it was a massive mistake giving him the no. 10 shirt becAuse his mentality seemed immature and that's proving correct. Not endorsing mourinho but he pointed it out last season.

Keep contract talks going until we can get some better players in. He could be a decent squad option in the future if he learns to play for the team above all else.

Aloysius's Back 3

I actually think as an overall player he has regressed since coming on the scene.

His off the ball movement has improved, but before, he kept it simple, he had good movements around the box, he'd shift the ball and shoot or drop it off and make a run in behind to get it back.

Now he just seems to over complicate things, throws a few stopovers, tries to beat another man instead of a simple pass or the early shot, hangs about the middle of the pitch instead of the 18 year box.

I mean didnt he score 3 or 4 headers in that amazing run the first few games? He just seems to want to be too involved deeper, beating players, looking for a spectacular goal. Get in the box, use your pace, sharpness, movement and get on to the end of wee through balls from pobga or a cross from the wings, score goals! Keep it simple
People will shout at me - but watch his first goals during LVG's season.

A predatory striker who found himself in the right place at the right time - would score goals with both feet, score headers and kept things simple.

The moment Jose played him as a winger - I saw this all went away, he started to pay attention to dribbling, paying attention to pure speed or his rubbish crossing or even him trying to take free kicks.

As you said - he has overcomplicated something that was generally quite easy for him at the start.

Cassidy

A predatory striker who found himself in the right place at the right time - would score goals with both feet, score headers and kept things simple.

The moment Jose played him as a winger - I saw this all went away, he started to pay attention to dribbling, paying attention to pure speed or his rubbish crossing or even him trying to take free kicks.

As you said - he has overcomplicated something that was generally quite easy for him at the start.
Tend to agree

arnie_ni

Exactly.

He was an 18 yd box player, a fantastic one, great movement and finishing. That player is gone. He needs to find it again. Ole just needs to make him watch tape of that first year and a half or so under lvg and say rash, thats what we want from you.

If he wants to be something else, sell him.

Frank Grimes

I always felt he was overrated, now I'm sure he is. Still young though and no problem with him been in the squad but our main centre forward?

On another point Solskjaer said he was strapped up before the game. Did we really have to start him? Crazy how much faith we put in him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's harsh to judge anyone in this current misfiring team. Even De Gea is currently having a stinker of a time.

Rashford isn't, and never will be any sort of dribbler, or someone who will beat anyone with anything bar push and sprint.

Him and Lukaku isn't a combination in any sense either, as both want to do the same thing.

Many problems all over the team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He plays worse in a 2 man strike partnership.

He’s better playing as a sole striker with the pure intention of running in behind and scoring.

Unfortunately he seems to have got worse at dribbling and his tricks he had at 18 seem to have vanished. Remember his debut? Throwing step overs and dribbling players for fun.

deafepl

Rashford needs to shoot balls more with the weak foot. More he hangs on the ball to switch to his stronger feet and guessing what type of finish he needs to use, they'll stop him before he had a chance to shot. Put Greenwood in Rashford's position where he receives ball closer to the goalpost, he could have scored without a blink because he's very comfortable with both feet and doesn't need sec to change his feet to shoot or minutes to think where he should finish. See Mason Greenwood's all goal, he scored many finesse goals, corner goal, scored a goal using the pass, he scored half of his goal using weak foot.

I can't wait for Greenwood next season, he'll pose a bigger threat to Rashford as the United's golden boy because he's from the academy club, being English and plays as a striker.

I can't see Rashford being our future striker for a decade if he can't score a goal using weak foot regularly and header, he'll be useful for a squad player.

SteveW

He's really committed to being the next Ronaldo. He's currently dutifully working through the frustrating selfish little twat stage.

Just skip to the goal machine part would ya lad?

SteveW

Rashford needs to shoot balls more with the weak foot. More he hangs on the ball to switch to his stronger feet and guessing what type of finish he needs to use, they'll stop him before he had a chance to shot. Put Greenwood in Rashford's position where he receives ball closer to the goalpost, he could have scored without a blink because he's very comfortable with both feet and doesn't need sec to change his feet to shoot or minutes to think where he should finish. See Mason Greenwood's all goal, he scored many finesse goals, corner goal, scored a goal using the pass, he scored half of his goal using weak foot.

I can't wait for Greenwood next season, he'll pose a bigger threat to Rashford as the United's golden boy because he's from the academy club, being English and plays as a striker.
Two footedness is just so ridiculously useful for a striker. I cannot wait to see how good Mason becomes.

Canagel

I can't see Rashford being our future striker for a decade if he can't score a goal using weak foot regularly and header, he'll be useful for a squad player.
Greenwood will oust him from the team. Far more technically superior. Rashford was never setting the world alight in the reserve level like greenwood is now.

manunited1919

If Ole doesn’t bring in a striker and a RW, then it will be another season down the drain.
Rashford is not good enough to start for us, nor should we build our team around him.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He's really committed to being the next Ronaldo. He's currently dutifully working through the frustrating selfish little twat stage.

Just skip to the goal machine part would ya lad?
:lol:

Bojan11

He plays worse in a 2 man strike partnership.

He’s better playing as a sole striker with the pure intention of running in behind and scoring.

Unfortunately he seems to have got worse at dribbling and his tricks he had at 18 seem to have vanished. Remember his debut? Throwing step overs and dribbling players for fun.
Dribbling for fun?

I honestly missed that part. I’d say his finishing was the only thing that stood out in his first six months. He nearly scored with every shot. But even that has turned to shit. You can’t blame the managers when he can’t finish for shit nowadays and it’s been happening for two years nearly now. His dwelling on the ball and trying to do much is annoying. He tries to do all these skills like he’s some master dribbler when he’s just a kick and run merchant.

RedDevilzFox

I can see why Jose chose to bring Ibrahimovic to OT. Least of all to show these guys what a real personality and star looks like, and that you still have to bust your butt even when you've made it at the top. Sad for us Jose sucked at everything else.

Rashford and Martial look to me feel they've already made it.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Happy to have Rashford in the squad, but I do not think he is at the level to be a starter for us every week.

deafepl

Two footedness is just so ridiculously useful for a striker. I cannot wait to see how good Mason becomes.

Yeah, Mason Greenwood is a very ambipedal striker, the defender would have a problem to stop him shooting, there's no way they can force him to his weak foot because they'll know he can score a goal using weak foot,

There are many strikers where they received golden chance to score but dwelling on balls as they have to change to their stronger foot to shoot which give defender minutes to stop them or try to force them to shoot using their weak foo. Imagine Greenwood in that position? Terrifying for the defender.

I can't wait to watch him next season, he'll be the bright for us next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.