Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Are we really going to give him 200k a week? Giving mediocre performers big contracts is all we're good at right now.

Devil may care

I don't hate him at all. I just can't understand how anyone who's watched Neves dissapoint on many occasions in the EPL would want him at United with our current issues.

But I do agree with signing top notch players, and if the youngsters are good enough they'll break through regardless.
I'm somehwere in the middle on Neves, I know you posted the quotes from Wolves fans but I've seen him have some good games this season as well as some that have been less impressive, he needs work but is miles ahead of Garner who has only played kids football and McTominay who is gutsy but limited. Would Neves be my first choice? No, but he's got the tools to be what we need if we can't get the absolute cream of the crop.

Exactly, Garner, Laird, Gomes and Greenwood will all get their chances, but just look at the forwards on display tonight for City, Spurs and Liverpool, we don't have a single one that can match up with them and stalling on buying some proven quality while we wait for kids to maybe make the spot theirs is not going to work.

Kapardin

Are we really going to give him 200k a week? Giving mediocre performers big contracts is all we're good at right now.
He isn't worth 100K. Another overhyped youth product. Should be out on loan to a midtable team but Woodward and even Ole have stoked his ego too much for him to believe he is anything but a starter.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I am all for an actual rebuild even if that takes us back 2-3 years. He has done Nothing to earn that kind of money . Let him score more than 15 goals in a season atleast once.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
According to the press, he's stalling and won't sign unless he is given 200k

Of course it's the media though, so I'm not really believing anything. See it all the time with biased articles, documentaries and films...

Frank Grimes

Rumours he wants assurances that he is to be played as our main centre forward and 200k pw. We have no option to make sure this happens if true and hope he enjoys bagging 12 goals for West Ham next season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He isn't worth 100K. Another overhyped youth product. Should be out on loan to a midtable team but Woodward and even Ole have stoked his ego too much for him to believe he is anything but a starter.
Sad, but pretty accurate.

An Irish Red

According to the press, he's stalling and won't sign unless he is given 200k

Of course it's the media though, so I'm not really believing anything. See it all the time with biased articles, documentaries and films...
If it's true, and it might well not be, then he'll get it. He shouldn't mind, as he's not worth the half of it, and is poor more often than not, but that wont stop Woodward.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Had a bad feeling the moment he called him "Rashy"
Eh? Ole has been a massive fan of Rashford long before he got here. You’re kidding yourself if you think he’s going to be anything but a 1st choice striker next season.

There’s a reason Lukakus’ agent is in the media speaking about a possible transfer. He knows Ole wants to build an attack around Rashford and he doesn’t fit in his plans.

-Supreme-

Finally I don’t see people making the ‘injury’ excuse anymore.

I am glad that most people have started to realise that he is simply too inconsistent and not good enough, yes he started well when Ole joined but those performances only lasted 2 months.

I’m happy that Ole sees the real of rashford so he can plan his squad accordingly for next season

.Rossi

Eh? Ole has been a massive fan of Rashford long before he got here. You’re kidding yourself if you think he’s going to be anything but a 1st choice striker next season.

There’s a reason Lukakus’ agent is in the media speaking about a possible transfer. He knows Ole wants to build an attack around Rashford and he doesn’t fit in his plans.
Sorry, its Rashy now.

Rashy and Chongy ffs :lol:

Strats

He’s become much more selfish during the last few years, striking from long distances which hasn’t really worked out apart from that shot that lead to one of Lukakus goals against PSG.

Reminds me a lot of attitude Ibrahimovic had during his time here. Needless to say, Rashford hasn’t even been close to the level Zlatan has put up during his career.

Ashley R1+O

In the context of where our squad/wage combination sits then around 200k a week is exactly what kind of deal he should be signing. It is somewhere just ahead of Lukaku, behind Pogba and Sanchez and in front of Luke Shaw. The outlier being Martial who is on a deal probably twice what he is worth pushes Rashfords base salary from behind Lukaku and in front of Shaw to in front of Martial and behind Pogba.

In a perfect world we wouldn't have Sanchez on Eleventy billion+, Pogba and Martial on 200+, Shaw and Lingard on 100+ (although nearly 10 years of a sub 30k a week for Lingard making the pay jump for the service level was atm does make some sense) and you'd probably give Rashford 'Lingard/Shaw' money.

Lukaku as an import who had nearly 100 goals in the league when we signed him is probably the closest value for salary player we have in the senior playing group at the moment. Or Smalling who's 100k/w deal is well short of what he should be paid for the level of service he has given us.

Classical Mechanic

He actually only has few shots per game overall, in relative terms. It says something about our chance creation but he's no where near the likes of Ronaldo or Messi for shots taken per game.

Aloysius's Back 3

@Strats

Rashford became selfish because of Mourinho.

When he started playing as a LW he found himself further and further away from the box so he started taking shots from far instead.

Now its quite an annoying aspect to his game. When he broke through he looked like a poacher of sorts - finding himself in the right place at the right time; scoring headed goals and nice crisp finishes.

Now he is trying to turn himself in to the wrong Ronaldo by being Cristiano all thanks to Jose.

If no one remembers what type of striker Rashford was - check out his highlights under LVG. He plays a complete different game.

.Rossi

@Strats

Rashford became selfish because of Mourinho.

When he started playing as a LW he found himself further and further away from the box so he started taking shots from far instead.

Now its quite an annoying aspect to his game. When he broke through he looked like a poacher of sorts - finding himself in the right place at the right time; scoring headed goals and nice crisp finishes.

Now he is trying to turn himself in to the wrong Ronaldo by being Cristiano all thanks to Jose.

If no one remembers what type of striker Rashford was - check out his highlights under LVG. He plays a complete different game.
I don't know much about Mourinho and his behind the scenes coaching methods but, I'm 100% convinced he did not tell him to become like this... I mean, after all...He didn't exactly tell the countless other strikers to be like Diet Ronaldo... This is the first time I have ever read or seen such a thing

Wipe your chin...There's some shite on it

Aloysius's Back 3

I don't know much about Mourinho and his behind the scenes coaching methods but, I'm 100% convinced he did not tell him to become like this... I mean, after all...He didn't exactly tell the countless other strikers to be like Diet Ronaldo... This is the first time I have ever read or seen such a thing

Wipe your chin...There's some shite on it
Is it sunshine? There's some of Jose's shite on your chin and I can see by the stress this has caused you ;)

Rashford changed his game when he started playing as a winger because he had to shoot from longer distances. What Jose said to him or not is negligible but I can see why his muppet would be a tad protective.

Rashford hardly had these shots under LVG. Is it so hard to consider that a winger has to take shots from distance and learn how to cross and even possibly take free kicks :eek:

So protective - such a loser.

.Rossi

Is it sunshine? There's some of Jose's shite on your chin and I can see by the stress this has caused you ;)

Rashford changed his game when he started playing as a winger because he had to shoot from longer distances. What Jose said to him or not is negligible but I can see why his muppet would be a tad protective.

Rashford hardly had these shots under LVG. Is it so hard to consider that a winger has to take shots from distance and learn how to cross and even possibly take free kicks :eek:

So protective - such a loser.
Sorry but, did you call me a loser and a muppet? :D

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He can go from brilliant to absolute crap, when he cant even get the most simple things right. Now I'm not sure if it is just because of his age, but that he's probably just not as talented as it looked like some years ago

.Rossi

Yes I did and am glad you are happy.

Keep it up sunshine & If anyone offers you it; take the Blue Pill and not the Red One okay? :annoyed:
Pal, it's 8:50am on a Thursday.
You are posting about watching highlights of Rashford's style of play when LvG was manager and his style of play when Mourinho was here. You're now on the internet, getting angry, calling someone a loser and a muppet and basically saying they need to take a pill to restart their life because they have the audacity to not agree with you and call you out on complete nonsense...

Unless you're in retirement home, I'd suggest logging off and getting some sleep. Or a job.

Or, you can keep watching YT highlight videos and posting insults to me and whoever else you feel the need to direct your frustrations out on. I don't really care.

Aloysius's Back 3

Pal, it's 8:50am on a Thursday.
You are posting about watching highlights of Rashford's style of play when LvG was manager and his style of play when Mourinho was here. You're now on the internet, getting angry, calling someone a loser and a muppet and basically saying they need to take a pill to restart their life because they have the audacity to not agree with you and call you out on complete nonsense...

Unless you're in retirement home, I'd suggest logging off and getting some sleep. Or a job.

Or, you can keep watching YT highlight videos and posting insults to me and whoever else you feel the need to direct your frustrations out on. I don't really care.
I didn't even talk to you - you said I got shite on my chin. Has your memory gone? Are you sure I'm the one who needs a care home? Just stop talking to me because I wasn't the one who talked to you. Take care. I'm so glad Jose has gone :drool:

Zlaatan

Parody Account
In the context of where our squad/wage combination sits then around 200k a week is exactly what kind of deal he should be signing. It is somewhere just ahead of Lukaku, behind Pogba and Sanchez and in front of Luke Shaw. The outlier being Martial who is on a deal probably twice what he is worth pushes Rashfords base salary from behind Lukaku and in front of Shaw to in front of Martial and behind Pogba.

In a perfect world we wouldn't have Sanchez on Eleventy billion+, Pogba and Martial on 200+, Shaw and Lingard on 100+ (although nearly 10 years of a sub 30k a week for Lingard making the pay jump for the service level was atm does make some sense) and you'd probably give Rashford 'Lingard/Shaw' money.

Lukaku as an import who had nearly 100 goals in the league when we signed him is probably the closest value for salary player we have in the senior playing group at the moment. Or Smalling who's 100k/w deal is well short of what he should be paid for the level of service he has given us.
This is (sadly) true and if Rashford really is demanding something like £200k/week then I see that as nothing other than perfectly logical given what we pay the rest of the squad for what they contribute with. Not that the majority of them come even close to actually deserving their wage, but since the club has rewarded mediocracy for so long I don't see why Rashford would be stupid enough to not try to cash in on it just like everyone else has.

I don't think any of our 6-figure players bar De Gea are worth their wage given how they've performed over the past couple of years and the thought of Rashford earning as much as attackers who are vastly superior to him is mind boggling, but this is a situation that the club has brought on itself.

Ashley R1+O

This is (sadly) true and if Rashford really is demanding something like £200k/week then I see that as nothing other than perfectly logical given what we pay the rest of the squad for what they contribute with. Not that the majority of them come even close to actually deserving their wage, but since the club has rewarded mediocracy for so long I don't see why Rashford would be stupid enough to not try to cash in on it just like everyone else has.
Everybody will more than likely be hurling insults around and arguing ferociously with each other whilst not taking this in context. Nearly all of our senior players are grossly overpaid and there is no squad hierarchy for building a cohesive unit. Luke Shaw's contract was far too much for what he's produced so far, Martials likewise. Even bringing guys like Zlatan and Pogba in has massively distorted our wage bill (although Zlatan brought the full package with it in terms of leadership, pedigree etc. etc)

People are going to bypass this context and give him absolute pelters. Which will be more of a shame than the actual deal he signs.

Raw

Rashy is a terrible nickname, makes him sound like a child :lol:

Rash is better, despite it being a word to describe recklessness or an itchy skin condition.

I wonder if Jesse tells his mates to call him JLingz.

.Rossi

Rashy is a terrible nickname, makes him sound like a child :lol:

Rash is better, despite it being a word to describe recklessness or an itchy skin condition.

I wonder if Jesse tells his mates to call him JLingz.
That's what Ole calls him.

Rashy, Chongy, Pogy, Linzy...

Sounding like a best mate rather than manager :lol:

Raw

That's what Ole calls him.

Rashy, Chongy, Pogy, Linzy...

Sounding like a best mate rather than manager :lol:
Takes me back to the days of Wayne "Wazza" Rooney, Tom "Clevz" Cleverley and Danny "Welbz" Welbeck.

I imagine the Rashy nickname stems from the days of Giggsy and Scholesy :lol:

Loublaze

ATLien
Rumours he wants assurances that he is to be played as our main centre forward and 200k pw. We have no option to make sure this happens if true and hope he enjoys bagging 12 goals for West Ham next season.
Only a few clubs in England can afford him and West Ham isnt one of them

Based Adnan

He's not good enough to be first choice for us and yet still has the audacity to ask for 200k a week...

Should hold our nerve and if he refuses to renew, sell him

AndyJ1985

Our players have got too big for their boots. They under-perform again and again yet think they have made it and deserve to be paid the same as Europe's best players. Let's see if Ole really is ruthless or if it's all talk

ghagua

I know I am going to get a lot of heat for this, but if somehow Barcelona want to sign Rashford, I will gladly accept the 130 million or whatever and deliver him there myself. This has nothing to do with whatever salary he is looking for, but for what he produces on the pitch. Rashford has the ability as he has shown in glimpses, but something has changed in him dramatically from the time he broke into the team to the selfish, bad decision maker he has become. I don't think the manager has the balls to reign him in, so it's better that he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.