Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
His dribbling isn't good enough for the wing.
He's going to be more of an inside forward than a wing. His dribbling needs work, yeah. Tends to do everything too quick which results in losing the ball too often.

jem

Heartbreaking to see such a big talent look so completely devoid of confidence and desire.
The guy looked so lively and fearless at the start of his career!
Never mind the beginning of his career, he looked like the real deal at the beginning of Ole's tenure. He needs a good talking to, and a summer to sharpen up, but it's way too early to give up on Rashford. That being said, I would love to ship out Lukaku and bring in a more dynamic striker to compete with Rashford (unless Martial is that guy - who really knows?)

Jerome Holland

Rashford is over rated unfortunately, with every passing game he looks more and more like a Welbeck instead of an Mbappe mind you the latter is younger than him. It seems he lacks the basic principles in the game and i am afraid for him because unlike this season the next one he could be found out.

MadMike

Reminder that he’s also entering the final year of his contract (with an option for 1-year extension) and he’s allegedly asking for the same pay packet as Martial. Which is in the 180-200k pw category. I can’t argue with the logic to be on the same as Martial, but you know that’s what happens when you reward failure with huge contracts.

Great position to be in as a club, to have these 3 marvellous forwards (Sanchez, Rashford, Martial) on a combined cost of 3/4s of a million per week.
/s

Jerome Holland

The most telling thing today was that chance after chance fell to Mason Greenwood. He also created quite a few.

That's a good striker in the making.

Rashfords talents rely heavily on outpacing the back line. He needs to work on the mental side of the game.
This is 100% true. He seems to regress over a season. Ask yourself the question would he be anywhere near the first teams of Liverpool and Man City.
Leroy Sane cant even get into Peps team!

Last edited by a moderator:

izzydiggler

I could be wrong but I don’t recall too much talk of him before his debut - in comparison to other youth players we’ve had, he didn’t seem to be touted for superstardom or whatever but was then labelled as a ‘wonder kid’, played for England very quickly and now it’s links to Barcelona for £100m and talk of contracts worth £250k a week.

I think the biggest problem with Rashford is these unrealistic expectations levelled on him, which have weighed him down after his initial scoring spree in his first professional games. Since then, he’s not really progressed and shows some ability but frankly, I’m not a huge fan of him - I don’t think he’s that good, overrated by most and he really shouldn’t be close to a first team starter at the minute. But in his defence, he’s played a lot of football, has had some injuries and he’s only 21, who will have ups and downs, so I wouldn’t be too hard on him.

It’s a hell of a lot to place on such a young kid - then add the inevitable growing ego, flash cars and clothes, women, parties, external influences etc. He’s still, learning the game and how to deal with all the off the field stuff to. He needs to refocus, get fit and work hard and we’ll see how he starts next season.

Aloysius's Back 3

Rashford was an average winger that seemed to make an improvement as a striker playing for a possession based manager.

The next manager came and turned him back to the average winger he started out from & now has lost any confidence and progression of being a good little striker that would aim to finish of chances with a single kick or header than be one who takes on defenders one after another then taking a shot like he is superman/C. Ronaldo.

For players like Martial & Rashford - whilst they have many weaknesses - they have been playing in a front 3 season upon season with no RW to stretch the pitch out for them. They have been playing with minimal AM' creativity bar the season Mkhitarayan was here & again that was more for Zlatan. There's alot more excuses that could be made - but Im someone who hardly ever cares for discussing wags bill's at the club & for that reason I'd like to see them stay and get a chance under a good manager and a good supporting team whoever that may be.

manunited1919

It'll be very naive if Ole relies far too heavily on Rashford next year as our main forward.
Unfortunately, there is some history at this club of getting carried away by the media’s overhyping of English talent. LVG, a manager of much greater experience, bought the story about an overhyped Rooney and we went into that season with only Rooney as an experienced striker. We will see what happens this summer, but the same media people who were overhyping Rooney back then are now overhyping Rashford. They seem to have an agenda that the british players are the only ones who “get” the club and will fight for the badge. Hence Rashford and JLingz seem to start despite their terrible form. Yes, Ole has primary responsibility here. But the undue influence that some in the media have over the club is really part of the rot, because they are once again influencing a manager into believing an overhyped british player will be able to carry our team.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Take him off free kicks and tell him to play with his head up.

He should also be benched when playing like shit.

I still believe in him but his attitude and general play has been inexcusable.

I just hope it's a product of this toxic environment.

You ain't made it yet Marcus.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Reminder that he’s also entering the final year of his contract (with an option for 1-year extension) and he’s allegedly asking for the same pay packet as Martial. Which is in the 180-200k pw category. I can’t argue with the logic to be on the same as Martial, but you know that’s what happens when you reward failure with huge contracts.

Great position to be in as a club, to have these 3 marvellous forwards (Sanchez, Rashford, Martial) on a combined cost of 3/4s of a million per week.
/s
We need to learn from past mistakes and make the wage offer heavily performance related.

At least that way, if he is being paid >£200k a week it will be fully justified.

Fer

Do you prefer to play Rashford as striker or left winger / wide forward (like Martial)?

f_to_z

The surprising thing is that cant anyone in the coaching staff see that Rashford is doing so many wrong things during a match. Things that with a little coaching and instructions can really be solved. Unless they are already giving him those correctional tips and he is just not listening. He seems angry for some reason. Whenever he gets the ball he wants to just dribble and get past the whole defence and score like hes playing a video game. Like he constantly wants to prove himself. This is a mental issue that needs solving.

I would first instruct him to mix up his movements. Instead of making runs behind the defenders all the times he needs to drop back link up more. Stop being selfish and pass the ball more. Play a simple pass to feet football as his passing is bad. Dont take crazy long range shots. Stop those unnecessary back-heels and flick-ons. Train more on holding the ball and using your physical strength. He is losing the ball a lot whether by dribbling and wrong passes. These are just simple but very visible mistakes that if corrected would surely improve his game.

In Rainbows

Do you prefer to play Rashford as striker or left winger / wide forward (like Martial)?
My ideal scenario is that Greenwood ends up a star and Rashford becomes a super sub that can fill in at LW or ST as a starter when needed. I still like Rashford and if he becomes a great forward in 1-2 years, then my ideal scenario matters naught. I don't expect him to be the finished product right now and I don't expect United to win right now. I'm hoping United turn this around in 2-3 years.

haram

Anyone think a year on loan would do him a world of good?
No. He needs to stay here and be managed properly. Ole is using him as if he is Mbappe. He is a kid who makes poor decisions and he needs to be a support player, not the main man.

Kopral Jono

It's fair to say Jesse Lingard has been an awful influence on him.
Unless you're part of his inner circle, how would you know this? Like every sane and straight-thinking United fan I by no means am a fan of Lingard and I want him gone pronto, but it's purely because he's shit at football and nothing else.

It's unfair to judge a person as a bad influence just because that person dances on a football pitch a bit too much.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
No. He needs to stay here and be managed properly. Ole is using him as if he is Mbappe. He is a kid who makes poor decisions and he needs to be a support player, not the main man.
Managed properly is a big If. I can see Ole being the death of him by continuously blowing smoke up his arse and hyping him up even more.

haram

Managed properly is a big If. I can see Ole being the death of him by continuously blowing smoke up his arse and hyping him up even more.
That was also my point. I dont think Ole is helping him.

Kanchelski's Right Peg

Never really been a fan of Rashford, he's a speed boat with no driver. Relies heavily on pace but his finishing is dreadful, he doesn't have that natural killer instinct in front of goal like a Van Nistlerooy, Cole, Yorke, Van Persie. He's one of those goalscorers that will score when he doesn't have to think but when he has time to think he invariably fluffs it. This is also another reason why I wanted Poch because i believe he would be the man to bring him on more than Ole. what I would say is that if the Barcelona story of £100 Mil was true i'd snap there hands off. We are in desperate need of a genuine goalscorer but how many are out there? And even more so, how many are we likely to get?

ash_86

The English press won't allow him. Articles like "Rashford needs to leave" would be flooding the floor. How can we start Rashford and wish to finish top 4 where he's competing with likes of Kane and son and Aguero.

Based Adnan

The English press won't allow him. Articles like "Rashford needs to leave" would be flooding the floor. How can we start Rashford and wish to finish top 4 where he's competing with likes of Kane and son and Aguero.
Yep. Remember when he was stinking up the joint every week under Mourinho so he got dropped for a week or 2 and then their were articles and videos of pundits saying he needs to leave permanently or on loan. All this despite him having some of the most minutes from teenagers in all the European leagues....

The hard on the English press have for Rashford is insane. He obviously doesn't deserve to be starting for us but if he was dropped they'd be at it again. Not that I think Ole will drop him anyway....

ash_86

Yep. Remember when he was stinking up the joint every week under Mourinho so he got dropped for a week or 2 and then their were articles and videos of pundits saying he needs to leave permanently or on loan. All this despite him having some of the most minutes from teenagers in all the European leagues....

The hard on the English press have for Rashford is insane. He obviously doesn't deserve to be starting for us but if he was dropped they'd be at it again. Not that I think Ole will drop him anyway....
Yep. Wish Ole sees this clear as day. We need a top striker to get off the ground.

haram

Well our own fans kept saying Jose was destroying Rashford and Martial so we cant just blame the media.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

/s
I wouldn't be upset if we got rid of him, if that's the money he's asking. Unless he goes out and scores 30+ goals next season.

MadMike

Unfortunately, there is some history at this club of getting carried away by the media’s overhyping of English talent. LVG, a manager of much greater experience, bought the story about an overhyped Rooney and we went into that season with only Rooney as an experienced striker. We will see what happens this summer, but the same media people who were overhyping Rooney back then are now overhyping Rashford. They seem to have an agenda that the british players are the only ones who “get” the club and will fight for the badge. Hence Rashford and JLingz seem to start despite their terrible form. Yes, Ole has primary responsibility here. But the undue influence that some in the media have over the club is really part of the rot, because they are once again influencing a manager into believing an overhyped british player will be able to carry our team.
If Ole is buying into media hype over what he sees on the pitch and on the training ground, then he'd be a very unintelligent manager. I doubt that’s the case.

I wouldn't be upset if we got rid of him, if that's the money he's asking. Unless he goes out and scores 30+ goals next season.
We didn’t get rid of Martial though, we offered him a contract on those terms and he never got close to 30g... in any season. Sanchez, who got 30 in his final full season with Arsenal, was offered double that.

If you’re Rashford’s agent and looking at what his teammates earn for how little they deliver, you’d feel absolutely justified in asking parity for your client. It’s not unfair or unreasonable in that context.

We’ve made a rod for our own back with the contracts we offered recently.

manunited1919

If Ole is buying into media hype over what he sees on the pitch and on the training ground, then he'd be a very unintelligent manager. I doubt that’s the case.
I am not questioning his intelligence at all. I am drawing a parallel between LVG’s situation with Rooney and Ole’s situation with Rashford. They are somewhat similar situations, and we need to assume both LVG and Ole are fairly intelligent. If so, then it would mean that there is some internal bias in the way information is presented to the MUFC managers that can magnify some pro-British media influencers. In other words, some of those in the media may be too close to the club and able to exert influence over managers.

manunited1919

We didn’t get rid of Martial though, we offered him a contract on those terms and he never got close to 30g... in any season. Sanchez, who got 30 in his final full season with Arsenal, was offered double that.

If you’re Rashford’s agent and looking at what his teammates earn for how little they deliver, you’d feel absolutely justified in asking parity for your client. It’s not unfair or unreasonable in that context.

We’ve made a rod for our own back with the contracts we offered recently.
Fair enough, if Rashford’s agent must be adopting that stance in negotiations. But if I were sitting across the table from Rashford’s agent, I would present a detailed picture of the difference between Martial & Rashford. Martial has a lot of raw talent, better vision, plays better with teammates, whereas Rashford has shown over the last few months that he has less talent, less vision, less football intelligence, and much more egotistical than Martial. More drive and perhaps more pace, yes. They are basically two different animals.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
We simply have to buy a proper striker to bench him next season.

The madness has to end.
Completely agree, but I don’t see why the Rashford apologists on here are so hellbent against him going out on loan. Having a superior striker bench him might not do anything to improve his mood & skill sets & obviously will take away game time which would potentially have the knock on effect of putting his England NT place in doubt. Let him go somewhere where he is the focal point up top in a far less stressful position to see if he can really make the next few steps to become an elite striker. If he does so, he remains firmly ensconced in the English NT & comes back into the club ready to challenge for the striker position. Such a jump simply is not going to happen here, new striker signed next year or not.

Many on here view Rashford being loaned out as him receiving a scarlet letter or a permanent mark against him. Better United players than him have been loaned out in the past. Yes, there is always the chance of the loan not working, but people are deluded if they think he will somehow rebound magically next season, especially if no quality striker is signed this summer.

Marcus

Take him off free kicks and tell him to play with his head up.

He should also be benched when playing like shit.

I still believe in him but his attitude and general play has been inexcusable.

I just hope it's a product of this toxic environment.

You ain't made it yet Marcus.
I agree.

The Nani

Completely agree, but I don’t see why the Rashford apologists on here are so hellbent against him going out on loan. Having a superior striker bench him might not do anything to improve his mood & skill sets & obviously will take away game time which would potentially have the knock on effect of putting his England NT place in doubt. Let him go somewhere where he is the focal point up top in a far less stressful position to see if he can really make the next few steps to become an elite striker. If he does so, he remains firmly ensconced in the English NT & comes back into the club ready to challenge for the striker position. Such a jump simply is not going to happen here, new striker signed next year or not.

Many on here view Rashford being loaned out as him receiving a scarlet letter or a permanent mark against him. Better United players than him have been loaned out in the past. Yes, there is always the chance of the loan not working, but people are deluded if they think he will somehow rebound magically next season, especially if no quality striker is signed this summer.
I would hope that sitting on the bench and watching an improved attack would motivate him to improve and become a legitimate part of it.

That’s how it’s supposed to work with youngsters.

If he can’t temper his attitude and prove his worth then it will be time to part ways.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I would hope that sitting on the bench and watching an improved attack would motivate him to improve and become a legitimate part of it.

That’s how it’s supposed to work with youngsters.

If he can’t temper his attitude and prove his worth then it will be time to part ways.
I hope so, too, but very little this season has engendered me with a lot of hope in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.