Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

The most telling thing today was that chance after chance fell to Mason Greenwood. He also created quite a few.

That's a good striker in the making.

Rashfords talents rely heavily on outpacing the back line. He needs to work on the mental side of the game.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I wonder why the Barcelona rumour has stopped :confused:

I’ll give Greenwood a chance & buy a world class striker.

Foxbatt

He is fecking useless. We need someone who is less selfish too. It's all these English commentators like Gary Neville etc praising him day in and day out that's gone to his head. I have said this in the past too when he came on the scene and they started praising him like that.

Loublaze

ATLien
I wonder why the Barcelona rumour has stopped :confused:

I’ll give Greenwood a chance & buy a world class striker.
Like a world class player would sign for this train wreck at the moment. Which world class striker will come here? Maybe a washed up player like Higuain

Hoof the ball

Rashford might only be 21, however, he's now not inexperienced. Criticisms become valid when players move out of inexperience. Development is expected in a players game, even if they are not scoring. More than scoring 5-6 more goals a season, Rashford needs to work on and develop his decision making and his execution in general play, otherwise, moves are going to frustratingly end in loose passes or ill-weighted ones.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Mancunian agbonhalor
That's the guy!

For some reason before, I started thinking about that decent Villa side of 2007-09-ish.

Milner, Reo-Coker, Barry, Young. Then I was like "who was the guy who played up front with John Carew"

rpitchfo

Please please please take him out of the central striker role. Needs a season or two learning his trade on the wing. Switching from the left to the right and banging in crosses and learning how to run the line. Learn his trade from wide like many top strikers have before him.

IrishMcD

Over-rated, over hyped, can't stand the praise he gets from British media....himself and "J.Lingz" are mid table level at best but seem to think they are superstars. Clowns. I have never disliked a United player, some like Darren Fletcher and Jonny Evans pissed me off at times but my god I cannot stand the majority of this squad. It sickens me to see some of these idiots swanning around wearing the United crest on their shirt, barely breaking sweat and thinking the world owes them something. Sell the whole lot of them, "Rashy" and his stupid long range free kicks can feck off too.
Yes I have had a few drinks after the Cardiff match and I'm feeling a little bit cranky, apologies for the rant :houllier::houllier:

KennyBurner

We are fecked if he is our main striker moving forward. I have never rated him as highly as some of you here. How can we praise a forward who has mental attributes? Eveything good about him is physically related. Rooney was physical but also had good mental attributes. I'm just praying that we can get in a striker than can do more than just run. In the meantime Its fine to have rashford as a useful player supporting whomever we get in this summer.

SteveW

Needs the summer. Wish people would get off his back. He's an honest player with a good attitude. Bad spells of form happen.

Much like he was under Jose, Rashford tends to play the game with a fair amount of tension and overall emotion.He's too desperate at times trying to force the issue,which was unlike him when he was first introduced into the first team under LVG. The fact United aren't particularly good at the moment doesn't help nor the fact that Rashford,and the same will likely apply to Greenword,isn't learning from a far more experienced strike partner ,and the one there is (Lukaku) also has issues with his overall game and mentality and will likely not be at the club in the upcoming season.

Overall,he's still naive with his game at present and it'll be wrong for us to go into next season with Rashford as the sole first team consistent striker.
He's still,understandably,has far more to learn in his overall attacking role but he's also in desperate need for a Ibrahimovic figure alongside him to learn from and one where he can develop at a more gradual pace under a the wing of such a forward.

Cue the usual Rashford hyperbole from the UK media suggesting the English forward should look elsewhere if United were to bring in a slightly more experienced forward,though.:rolleyes:

haram

This is what happens with young players. Now the Caf is turning on him when he has too much responsibility. When will people learn.

This is what happens with young players. Now the Caf is turning on him when he has too much responsibility. When will people learn.
Exactly.The more responsibility Ole will put on Rashford the more tensed up and erratic he'll be.Ole may think he's doing Rashford a favour, and Rashford himself maybe coming across as a player who can take such a major responsibility in his stride,but the facts and what we're seeing are the opposite.
He shouldn't be carrying this clubs striking lead at his age and one where he clearly still has so much more to learn from.

haram

Exactly.The more responsibility Ole will put on Rashford the more tensed up and erratic he'll be.Ole may think he's doing Rashford a favour, and Rashford himself maybe coming across as a player who can take such a major responsibility in his stride,but the facts and what we're seeing are the opposite.
He shouldn't be carrying this clubs striking lead at his age and one where he clearly still has so much more to learn from.
Exactly. People on here were desperate for him to have more responsibility as the striker and now they are calling him shit. It's laughable.

Moriarty

S'right. He's a very good player but he's no Whiteside who could handle the responsibility at an early age.

Let him develop at his own pace instead of bombarding him with the sole responsibility in getting us back up the table,from a striking standpoint.
It'll be very naive if Ole relies far too heavily on Rashford next year as our main forward.

Gordon S

Heartbreaking to see such a big talent look so completely devoid of confidence and desire.
The guy looked so lively and fearless at the start of his career!

Winrar

I believe this is an extension of a bigger problem at hand, a lack of proper leader figure in our club that can help settle the nerves when necessary.

Watch Rashford during Greenwood's attempts yesterday. Multiple times Greenwood was moving into good positions to anticipate the ball whilst Rashford was stood still waiting for the ball to drop. Top strikers just know where the chance is going to be and are already on the move before it happens. Rashford just doesn't have that ability. He's a decent player but how long until the club realises hes not a 9 and stops trying to turn him into one?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The criticism is a bit over the top but expected after the way he and the rest of the team finished the season.

In my opinion his best position is out wide. Excellent pace, can hit the ball from distance, decent technique but still a bit too rash in everything. Needs to be a bit more composed and less selfish.

Not got the attributes to be a top striker.

Vanya

He's young and surrounded by average players. These group of players even make Pogba look third rate, so what do people expect?!

Yes, Rashford is not Ronaldo in the making. He's half the player Ronaldo was at the same age. However not long ago Rashford was scoring and creating chances for fun. I think we would see that level more often if he is 100% fit and surrounded by world class talent.

CaptainAvengers

Too busy smashing Amber Davies's back doors in to give a feck about training and football.

"The ego has landed" springs to mind..

mostar94

Should we tell that to Josh King who has outscored Rashford for the past 4 years because I don't see world class around him.

Silas

The criticism is a bit over the top but expected after the way he and the rest of the team finished the season.

In my opinion his best position is out wide. Excellent pace, can hit the ball from distance, decent technique but still a bit too rash in everything. Needs to be a bit more composed and less selfish.

Not got the attributes to be a top striker.
His dribbling isn't good enough for the wing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
When he loses the ball, he doesn't bother chasing anymore. Entire club is a mess. Even the things that were good before have turned bad.

He's young and surrounded by average players. These group of players even make Pogba look third rate, so what do people expect?!

Yes, Rashford is not Ronaldo in the making. He's half the player Ronaldo was at the same age. However not long ago Rashford was scoring and creating chances for fun. I think we would see that level more often if he is 100% fit and surrounded by world class talent.
This.

A few of our players will look like new purchases once surrounded by a better side.
Aside from Pogba though I can’t say with any certainty which players they are though.

Status
Not open for further replies.