Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgar allan

He is greedy.

I remember when he refused to square Martial for a tap in vs Brighton last year. People were actually blaming Jose on that saying he’s putting too much pressure on poor Rashford and Rashfords trying to do too much as a result.
He didn't pass once last year? Thats hardly a damning history.

Gross Domestic Peasant

It's becoming increasingly clear that he's in the average to good bracket at very little and in the excellent to world class one at absolutely nothing, but then again he looks very good while playing for England. He's not looked in the least bit threatening in a United shirt for too long. Could well be that his emergence coinciding with the decline of United will do him no favours, as he's not got it in him, for now at least, to do what the club needs him to do.

ash_86

We don't have a leader in the team that can say Rashford to sit down when he tries to take free kicks. You can see what vvd did yesterday when TAA was to take a free kick.

This is what happens when 21 Yr olds are allowed to do as they please without any leadership

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We don't have a leader in the team that can say Rashford to sit down when he tries to take free kicks. You can see what vvd did yesterday when TAA was to take a free kick.

This is what happens when 21 Yr olds are allowed to do as they please without any leadership
Likely because the manager Ole, has empowered Rashford to go and take the freekicks after he got lucky with a few. Hes obviously been given the responsibility and a "leader" isn't going to override the manager on the pitch.
Since we all know what happened when a certain player attempted to do that earlier in the season and last

IrishRedDevil

Meanwhile Captain Young ‘‘can’t fault the attitude and effort’’.

:lol:

ash_86

Likely because the manager Ole, has empowered Rashford to go and take the freekicks after he got lucky with a few. Hes obviously been given the responsibility and a "leader" isn't going to override the manager on the pitch.
Since we all know what happened when a certain player attempted to do that earlier in the season and last
I don't know. Even Ole can't be that stupid. Only other explanation is that rest of the players are hiding like they always done.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't know. Even Ole can't be that stupid. Only other explanation is that rest of the players are hiding like they always done.
So either he is, or he is incompetent and hasn't told Rashford not to take free kicks anymore, he is the manager after all, he can decide who takes them if he wants.

For me Ole is lacking some balls, hence why Young is still starting games too

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rashford is one of the most overhyped players I've ever seen. Dross like him is the reason we are in the state we are.
I don't believe he is dross. I think he's a useful young attacker however he has been given far too much importance. At this stage of his career he should ideally be the 4th attacker who replaces somebody in a front trio like Mane, Salah and Firmino every few games, as opposed to being the focal point of the attack

MDFC Manager

This is why I don't think Lukaku should be sold (yet) as many on here want. If anything he's still a better finisher than Rashford. The kid is not ready to carry the team
I'm increasingly of the same opinion. At least an improvement in Lukaku's form could result in a 20+ goals a season striker.

Aloysius's Back 3

Look at the age of Rashford vs Aguero, Salah, Kane, Mane, Higuains, Son.

The guy will do fine but can't be our only striker when playing - he is better with a partner or playing in a fluid front 3.

Kammy26

Look at the age of Rashford vs Aguero, Salah, Kane, Mane, Higuains, Son.

The guy will do fine but can't be our only striker when playing - he is better with a partner or playing in a fluid front 3.
Kane, Aguero and Higuaín where all better than Rashford at the same age, all scored more goals in a season when they where 21 and contributed more overall. Plus they where hungry. Rashford plays like he’s already made it, he lost that hunger.

I also don’t get how so many people on here think he’s going to get better. There is no guarantees he will get better, for all we know he could have peaked in his first season under LVG, because let’s be honest, he’s got progressively worse season after season since.

NoPace

Making dangerous runs in behind every week now. Touch of the Aubameyang. I'm cautiously optimistic based on his last month or two, even if he's been poor on the ball.

If Pogba, Herrera and De Gea go, he'd be #3 after Shaw and Lindelof for players I'd back to have a good year next year, which is terrifying.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Kane, Aguero and Higuaín where all better than Rashford at the same age, all scored more goals in a season when they where 21 and contributed more overall. Plus they where hungry. Rashford plays like he’s already made it, he lost that hunger.

I also don’t get how so many people on here think he’s going to get better. There is no guarantees he will get better, for all we know he could have peaked in his first season under LVG, because let’s be honest, he’s got progressively worse season after season since.
His development has been super slow since the LVG times. So I agree, it could well be that this is his level

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I don't believe he is dross. I think he's a useful young attacker however he has been given far too much importance. At this stage of his career he should ideally be the 4th attacker who replaces somebody in a front trio like Mane, Salah and Firmino every few games, as opposed to being the focal point of the attack
It's all semantics at this point. I think he's overrated rubbish and you think he's a promising back up player.

Irrespective, it seems we both agree that he should be nowhere near the starting line up on a regular basis.

Talk of an expensive contract extension is laughable.

red4ever 79

Rashford has talent, there is no doubting that. However the problem I see is that we are too dependent on him. He is no where near ready or good enough right now to be leading the attack for Manchester United. This is not his fault. He has been overused and over exposed and it seems it has gone to his head a little. Unfortunately when you consider the alternatives up front we have Lukaku, Sanchez, Lingard and Martial.

Rashford at his age and his potential should be a squad player, coming off the bench when we need to stretch a game, or he should be starting cup games. If Ole believes that Rashford is the man to lead our attack next season then we will struggle again.

thaddy

Rashford just reminds me of Danny Welbeck. Quick off the ball but on the ball he is shocking. He is a squad player at best and i wont have anywhere near the starting 11. He might be young but so was Rooney and he progressed into a better player where i cant see this with Rashford.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven

No doubt. Can’t believe we gave him #10.

My point was that even two months ago most were still seemingly blind to this issue. Which is the whole problem. The media and the manager even seem oblivious to it.
Agreed, shouldn't be starting up top for us.

-Supreme-

No doubt. Can’t believe we gave him #10.

My point was that even two months ago most were still seemingly blind to this issue. Which is the whole problem. The media and the manager even seem oblivious to it.
I totally know what you mean, I got slated on here by those that kept giving Rashford excuses because he was 'injured'

Funnily enough I don't see those excuses pop up now

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't understand what happened with Rashford. He's not developing the way he should be, doesn't look like a striker, his movement in and around the box and finishing isn't good enough for us. Think he would struggle on the wing too, doesn't have close control and dribbling to be great.

Feels like he has been given far too much freedom, shouldn't have been given the number 10, shouldn't be allowed to take free-kicks when he feels like it, his work-rate has dropped. I hope Ole has a plan for him.

Frank Grimes

Rashford just reminds me of Danny Welbeck. Quick off the ball but on the ball he is shocking. He is a squad player at best and i wont have anywhere near the starting 11. He might be young but so was Rooney and he progressed into a better player where i cant see this with Rashford.
Welbeck was significantly better at linking the play imo, he had a better football brain than Rashford. Welbeck was hopeless in the box though where Rashford is average.

Foxbatt

He thinks he is the best and all the British pundits say so. That is why it has gone to his head. We need a world class striker.

Alabaster Codify7

Our standards have fallen so far its no wonder the board get away with what they do.

Rashford is West Ham level. That's his level. We might go into next season with him leading the line again. He might get 15goals.

But he's "Rashy" and a local lad, so lotsof our fans will lap it up.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What's wrong with taking FKs like this ?
Off topic but I've said it before. There's a touch of Van Persie in Greenwood.

On Rashford taking free kicks, it's ridiculous when you consider that Pogba and Mata are better takers. Also, Pereira.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Off topic but I've said it before. There's a touch of Van Persie in Greenwood.

On Rashford taking free kicks, it's ridiculous when you consider that Pogba and Mata are better takers. Also, Pereira.
When was the last time pogba scored a free kick for us?

K13

Our standards have fallen so far its no wonder the board get away with what they do.

Rashford is West Ham level. That's his level. We might go into next season with him leading the line again. He might get 15goals.

But he's "Rashy" and a local lad, so lotsof our fans will lap it up.
I am not sure about the 'local lad' and the lap it up comment because some of our most beloved players have come from far and wide - Best & Keane from Ireland, Charlton from Newcastle, Ronaldo from Sporting in Portugal and Cantona from France.

Rashford actually reminds me a little bit of Filippo Inzaghi in the way he plays, the link up play and the movement.

He is a very important part of our squad and future. If he looks a little over confident to some of you posters here then I don't think it shows in his game. Just a young man making a few wrong decisions but all players are prone to that. He still works hard. If that gives him the confidence to try things then why not? I like his bravery, his pace is incredible as is his physical presence. He really unsettled Kompany who is not renowned for getting flustered and he does get a really nice dip on his free kicks. Long term Ole's faith in him will pay dividends.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I am not sure about the 'local lad' and the lap it up comment because some of our most beloved players have come from far and wide - Best & Keane from Ireland, Charlton from Newcastle, Ronaldo from Sporting in Portugal and Cantona from France.

Rashford actually reminds me a little bit of Filippo Inzaghi in the way he plays, the link up play and the movement.

He is a very important part of our squad and future. If he looks a little over confident to some of you posters here then I don't think it shows in his game. Just a young man making a few wrong decisions but all players are prone to that. He still works hard. If that gives him the confidence to try things then why not? I like his bravery, his pace is incredible as is his physical presence. He really unsettled Kompany who is not renowned for getting flustered and he does get a really nice dip on his free kicks. Long term Ole's faith in him will pay dividends.

Are you on a wum? Seriously how anyone could watch rashford and admire his physical presence up top is beyond me. He has no 'physical presence' what the hell are you smoking that you see Didier Drogba there? Instead of bambi on ice

Just read anothe thread about last player you would want to lose and Rashfords name came up depressingly often with the usual 'potentially world class' reasoning. One poster even cited him as being world class now! What a state we're in when that now counts as world class.

K13

Are you on a wum? Seriously how anyone could watch rashford and admire his physical presence up top is beyond me. He has no 'physical presence' what the hell are you smoking that you see Didier Drogba there? Instead of bambi on ice

Just read anothe thread about last player you would want to lose and Rashfords name came up depressingly often with the usual 'potentially world class' reasoning. One poster even cited him as being world class now! What a state we're in when that now counts as world class.
We may be talking at cross purposes.

When I talk about physical presence, I am talking about the mobility, the pace off the mark .. all the attributes you need in the modern game to put defenders under pressure and nip the ball off their toes or pressure them into making a mistake. I am not talking about physically holding them off or using power to hold the ball up or run through players. I personally feel that style is no longer relevant. I am struggling to think of any player in the top teams who plays like that. Plenty of mobile, quick and agile players. Rashford seems very adept at getting beyond defensive lines as Filippo Inzaghi was.

I do not think Rashford is world class but I do think he has the potential to be one day. Time will tell I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.