Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
Something is seriously up with this kid, maybe the praise has gone to his head. I can't believe he gets away with doing whatever he wants on the pitch, like shooting from anywhere before weighing his options. Is that what Ole instructs him to do? Be selfish?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Even if he's asking for £300k a week, its about half of what Messi gets.
Hes not even a quarter as good as Messi so its irrelevant. He isn't a top class player and so shouldn't be asking for top class wages. Come back when you have scored 20 league goals. We really messed up paying Martial 250k (if that is true)

Raven

How can he expect to have any idea what he’s doing when can’t control or manipulate the ball well enough to do anything with any purpose.

I’m worried the manager is every bit as taken with this boy as the British media is.
His technical ability certainly isn't of a very high standard. His close control and touch are poor in comparison to Martial, but I thought he could work well up front or on the wing if he could sort his decision making out. He's still young, so there's time, but he certainly shouldn't be getting 200 grand a week until that happens.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
A lot of the blame has to go on the coaching staff, starting with Jose. He just never developed properly. Now Ole and Co are making the mistake of not giving him a reality check and making sure they put the resources in place (proper technical coaches), to help him become better.

He just needs proper coaching and guidance. LVG was perfect for him.
You make it sound like all the needed skill sets are in him, massing just below the surface, a true striker waiting to be unlocked & unleashed by the proper coaching & tactics.

That scenario will ever occur as his skill sets are too few & far between.

The Nani

His technical ability certainly isn't of a very high standard. His close control and touch are poor in comparison to Martial, but I thought he could work well up front or on the wing if he could sort his decision making out. He's still young, so there's time, but he certainly shouldn't be getting 200 grand a week until that happens.
Two months ago I said he is believing his own hype and being mismanaged and I was laughed at.

Doubt anyone is laughing now.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He came through our youth team system, the majority of other prospects of his age are not on first teams yet. Give the lad a chance.
What have we been giving him for the past three years? He has been afforded multiple chances, but we tend to see play / results like today more often than not.

What does that even mean about the other prospects?

edgar allan

What point? That he works harder than Martial? Sure, I'd agree with that, but I think with Lukaku it's more that he's unfit, and even then he's played better than Rashford over the last couple of months or so, and make no mistake I have no time for Lukaku. The main point is Rashford is getting hugely overpushed in this team and it has seen his ego skyrocket and his performances dip along with his overall workrate, what is happening right now is bad for the team and bad for his development.
It would hard not to develop an over-inflated ego in a team full of overpaid and underperforming egos.

edgar allan

What have we been giving him for the past three years? He has been afforded multiple chances, but we tend to see play / results like today more often than not.

What does that even mean about the other prospects?
I go back to his age again he is only 21, such inconsistency is to be expected.

mu4c_20le

Two months ago I said he is believing his own hype and being mismanaged and I was laughed at.

Doubt anyone is laughing now.
Where is your proof that he is 'believing his own hype'? what does that even mean. Just because nobody is laughing doesnt make it any less stupid.

Jeffthered

Something is seriously up with this kid, maybe the praise has gone to his head. I can't believe he gets away with doing whatever he wants on the pitch, like shooting from anywhere before weighing his options. Is that what Ole instructs him to do? Be selfish?
Good post, and this is my worry.Marcus Rashford is playing like he has little respect for the team. How on earth has that been allowed to happen? With Ole, and Phelan and Carrick seeing him, day in, day out. ???

That is why I worry. Rashford is clearly living in his own hype world, of Lindgard, Martial and Lukaku where you can achieve absolutely nothing in the game, yet feel you are some iconic personality.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I go back to his age again he is only 21, such inconsistency is to be expected.
It’s not inconsistency, it’s a lacking within skill sets, sets that too many try to make seem are elite or world class. He’s just not that good.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really hope he stops those stupid little heel flicks and just concentrated on controlling the ball.

He’s breaking up play almost as much as Lukaku recently.

Renegade

The panic I had when he was given the number 10 in pre season. Shouldn’t be our focal point.

mu4c_20le

If you’ve actually been watching him the past few months and still think that notion is stupid I’m happy to leave you to it.
What i see is a youngster still trying to find his game and being low in confidence. I dont know what you are seeing at all, he isn't a flashy person, he's not showboating like Pogba tries sometimes, it's just not coming off for him. And the times that he does make a good pass, his teammates screw it up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What i see is a youngster still trying to find his game and being low in confidence. I dont know what you are seeing at all, he isn't a flashy person, he's not showboating like Pogba tries sometimes, it's just not coming off for him. And the times that he does make a good pass, his teammates screw it up.
I agree with you. I find it baffling that people seem to think he's like some young Ronaldo level of flash and petulance.

Maybe they're also the ones who continually slate Pogba yet praise McTom's "pashun"

SillyUsername

In on the first page to say that I don't think he's good enough, I've never thought that he's good enough. I also hate seeing him as our set piece taker.

I'd love nothing more, in footballing terms, than for him to make me look a fool this season. I'll gladly eat humble pie in 11 months if he's shown any improvement on 2016 which remains his best spell in our shirt.
Looks like I’ll be sticking with meat and potato.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can stomach a player in bad form and even a terrible player. But when the player is as selfish as this guy, it boils my blood.

edgar allan

Good post, and this is my worry.Marcus Rashford is playing like he has little respect for the team. How on earth has that been allowed to happen? With Ole, and Phelan and Carrick seeing him, day in, day out. ???

That is why I worry. Rashford is clearly living in his own hype world, of Lindgard, Martial and Lukaku where you can achieve absolutely nothing in the game, yet feel you are some iconic personality.
I hate this extrapolation that because someone is not performing on the pitch that is due to ego or as you put it iconic personality. Do you think he is not hurting like us fans because him and the team are playing poorly?
Has there been any evidence of him not giving his all?

edgar allan

I can stomach a player in bad form and even a terrible player. But when the player is as selfish as this guy, it boils my blood.
How much does your blood boil with Martial? who is far more selfish, puts much less effort in and seems to care little?

Loublaze

ATLien

Could be the coaching staff are out of their depth and player power has absolutely corrupted this squad. They got LVG and Mourinho fired after all, two managers with bigger personalities than Ole. We've all seen how disrespectful several Chelsea players have been towards Sarri this season for instance, for similar reasons in my opinion. It doesn't help that they're being rewarded so handsomely without motivation to achieve more. Martial is apparently on 250k a week!

Foxbatt

How much does your blood boil with Martial? who is far more selfish, puts much less effort in and seems to care little?
Martial for all his faults is not half as selfish as Rashford. He is a better player too. I have also said that I feel all these praise from the pundits have gone to his head. His lack of ball control is shocking for a player who is playing CF for a club like United.

youmeletsfly

I was one of the fans blinded by the "local, United through and through kid" stuff, but, if you stepped outside of myself a bit and realized that he scored 27 goals in ~115 games in the EPL. I know he is 21, but for a player that starts almost everygame that's a very average stat.

I don't see a lot of good points about him: he runs a lot, he is fast, has a powerful shot and good link-up play

On the minus side: he's selfish, he runs way too much at times(I know it's a bit odd), his 1st touch only decent, he's average in the air, his shot accuracy is average, his runs are average and most of the time useless, decision making is average, left foot is average(especially when passing, I've never seen him pass with his left foot), dribbling is average and mostly linear.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but he's kinda average at around 70% of what a good player should be, a good one, not a quality one. For a guy that played almost 200 professional games he's basically bang average. A good-quality player of around 21 years old should have a few stand out attributes. Other than being very fast I really don't see what is so special about him. If I'm too negative don't hesitate to correct me, but that's my humble opinion on him.

Eddy_JukeZ

He thinks he's Ronaldo.

Plays with such arrogance on the field. Doesn't even work as hard as he used to.

We're going nowhere if he's our main striker.

el3mel

He thinks he's Ronaldo.

Plays with such arrogance on the field. Doesn't even work as hard as he used to.

We're going nowhere if he's our main striker.
As I said in other it's shame how much he has changed personally. In his first 1.5 season he was an earth look down hard working boy. Since last season he has become an arrogant boy who thinks he's the reincarnation of Ronaldo, greedy, selfish and wants to shoot from any place. He's developing for the worse. His attitude is terrible, in different way from the likes of Martial though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just making the point that we have no-one any more consistent or less selfish amongst the forwards in our squad.
I am not going to defend Martial cause he's disgusting at the moment but this guy greediness is on a different planet.

haram

The irony is Ole might be damaging Rashford more than Jose was perceived to be. Marcus should not have as much responsibility as he does under Ole.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I am not going to defend Martial cause he's disgusting at the moment but this guy greediness is on a different planet.
Is it greedy or is it trying to make something happen? Greed is trying to score from an angle when a 5 yard pass is on for someone to tap it in, trying pot shots from range hoping the keeper drops a clanger is trying to make something happen

Rashford's form is shit, he's probably carrying an injury, he definitely doesn't appear to be putting the work rate in, but at least trying to do something is more than what most of them out there are doing

edgar allan

Is it greedy or is it trying to make something happen? Greed is trying to score from an angle when a 5 yard pass is on for someone to tap it in, trying pot shots from range hoping the keeper drops a clanger is trying to make something happen

Rashford's form is shit, he's probably carrying an injury, he definitely doesn't appear to be putting the work rate in, but at least trying to do something is more than what most of them out there are doing
100%

Bojan11

He is greedy.

I remember when he refused to square Martial for a tap in vs Brighton last year. People were actually blaming Jose on that saying he’s putting too much pressure on poor Rashford and Rashfords trying to do too much as a result.

haram

Yes actually, I do think Ole is telling Rashford to be more selfish. Marcus just doesn’t know how to be selfish effectively. That has to do with his age as well.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He is greedy.

I remember when he refused to square Martial for a tap in vs Brighton last year. People were actually blaming Jose on that saying he’s putting too much pressure on poor Rashford and Rashfords trying to do too much as a result.
IIRC he tried to square it but fecked it up

Loublaze

ATLien
Yes actually, I do think Ole is telling Rashford to be more selfish. Marcus just doesn’t know how to be selfish effectively. That has to do with his age as well.
This is why I don't think Lukaku should be sold (yet) as many on here want. If anything he's still a better finisher than Rashford. The kid is not ready to carry the team

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I really hope he stops those stupid little heel flicks and just concentrated on controlling the ball.

He’s breaking up play almost as much as Lukaku recently.
1000 x this. I was screaming at my TV every time he tried one touch, olé bullshit flicks or back heels that would turn the ball over. I counted three of these idiocies in proximity to Huddersfield’s penalty box.
Opposing teams know he (& Lingard) likes to attempt this stupidity & plan on it. All Rashford needs to do is to take an extra touch which would open up far more of the pitch to utilize due to the opposition being surprised.

Unfortunately that doesn’t look as good as the low percentage flick / heel, so it is persisted with constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.