Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Jose has given him planty of time and chances. In fact, I would argue Jose should give him a bollocking and drop him for a month based on the performances Rashford has put up. Instead, we continue to see Rashford selected to our first team in important games, ahead of Sanchez.
I think Mourinho keeps him involved all the time so he can wheel off the stat about Rashford playing more than anyone else in case people think Mourinho hasnt been good for his development. I agree he's sometimes been used when his performances havent warranted it.

At the same time, statistically he's been our best right sided player in the champions league this season in his 2 matches. While in the premier league he's been our worst right sided player statistically in his 2 matches. So its not all bad from Rashford even if I'm sure when Mourinho took over a lot of the fans would have figured that Rashford would be a very good striker for United by now. And he isnt. He's... I don't know what he is. Someone who can do stuff from a wide striker role sometimes and can sometimes get a goal when playing up front I guess. He's still young but I dont see how Ibrahimovic and Lukaku helped him develop.

Ace of Spades

He won't go anywhere. There may be clubs interested in him, but he will get a new contract. We should keep a hold of our young players, the ones we should be getting rid are the deadwood and players who are not good enough.

JK-27

I think all the gossip of other clubs being interested in him, especially stories saying Real Madrid, is his agent trying to big him up. Rashford is reminding me of Wellbeck - local lad, bags of talent, does well for England but not really producing it at club level. As talented as Rashford is at the end of the day he is a striker, and he is struglling to score for us. If you can't score your place in the team is always going to be up for debate.

Real Madrid won't buy him right now, they only buy in strikers with an established scoring record so that is a non starter and why it's obvious it's a plant buy his agent that they are interested in him.

Smores

It's unnecessary debate, he's 21 and his peers are barely getting any games but for some reason Rashford is judged as make or break constantly.

I wish we had an established front 3/4 ahead of him so he'd be handled as just a sub and allowed to grow his game without expectation.

Man Utd 0:0 Crystal Palace

Idxomer

At least he tried, but again another who won't flourish or progress under the no-coaching required approach from the manager.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was alright when he came on, a damn sight better than Lukaku at least.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He deserves to start as a striker ahead of Lukaku, there is absolutely no reason for Lukaku to start ahead of him. His performances as a striker weren't exceptional, but were far better than Lukaku's.

Btw, that counter attack when he won the ball twice was great to see.

Ashley R1+O

Showed some flashes when he came on, worked hard. Ultimately while he's getting game time he can't really be relied upon as a utility player.

Devil may care

Showed plenty of effort and energy when he came on but we were mostly just hoofing long balls by then so it was hard for him to really get into the game.

Man Utd 1:0 Young Boys

sam147

Shocking again tonight but pure English bias that people like Rio think he deserves to start up front. No where near clinical enough in front of goal, hardly ever squares a simple pass to a team mate and literally only knows one way to strike a ball. Head down and put your laces through it. Came out the academy too fast, he wasnt highly rated there and never known as a clinical finisher. If anything Greenwood has far more hype than Rashford ever had and to be honest he looks like the far superior player. Loan Rashford to the Bundesliga next season if he thinks he deserves to start upfront might do him some good.

el3mel

His finishing is trash and I don't care what he's doing with England.

He needs to train on his finishing about 2 hours a day alone.

ZlatMan

Seriously needs a brain. All that good movement and pace makes up for nothing without a good football brain which he really lacks. He should have put Young Boys out of sight throughout the whole 1st half.

IrishMcD

Shocking again tonight but pure English bias that people like Rio think he deserves to start up front. No where near clinical enough in front of goal, hardly ever squares a simple pass to a team mate and literally only knows one way to strike a ball. Head down and put your laces through it. Came out the academy too fast, he wasnt highly rated there and never known as a clinical finisher. If anything Greenwood has far more hype than Rashford ever had and to be honest he looks like the far superior player. Loan Rashford to the Bundesliga next season if he thinks he deserves to start upfront might do him some good.
Couldn't agree more. The English press give him such an easy ride, his finishing is shocking. Is not, nor will ever be, the standard of forward to be starting in a title winning team.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Truly disastrous tonight.
Still much more effective than Lukaku at everything other than finishing, which they’re both equally terrible at.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not a no9. We shoud start training him on right wing because he is not no9 and i doubt that he will be ever. Fonishing and composure you either have or don't. He doesn't

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's so low on confidence.

He's snatching at all his chances and clearly isn't backing himself to score, as he does in an England shirt.

It's almost as if he's constantly worried about his final pass/shot, knowing that his manger is just waiting to slag him off when it goes wrong.

And what happens when he misses his first chance? Does Jose encourage? Does he feck... Shakes his head like he's just ruined our entire chances of winning the game.

Minimalist

Tonight is an example of why some don't think he'll make it at United. Need to take those chances if you want to be a top striker.

Chicharito_

His finishing is trash and I don't care what he's doing with England.

He needs to train on his finishing about 2 hours a day alone.
That won't change anything, he already said in an interview that him and Lukaku do extra finishing on training. Having chances in training is completely different to having one in the match, he just needs to take the first chance he gets in a match for once and hopefully go on a run. It's all mental I'm afraid.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was the most threatening attacking player by far but his final action was extremely poor.
Indeed. The minute Lukaku came on hardly anything was created but my god Rashford's end product has to be better and for England it is

el3mel

That won't change anything, he already said in an interview that him and Lukaku do extra finishing on training. Having chances in training is completely different to having one in the match, he just needs to take the first chance he gets in a match for once and hopefully go on a run. It's all mental I'm afraid.
He's training with Lukaku ? LOL I know why his finishing isn't improving then. Mystery solved.

acnumber9

I liked his effort and hustle and that’s why he was the one getting on the end of chances. Abysmal finishing though and poor decision not to square for Lingard in the first half.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Welbeck without self awareness.

I actually feed bad for him. He offers an intensity that we lack with Lukaku but it’s headless chicken stuff. He could have made that game look a routine win but he doesn’t have the quality.

Canagel

He's so low on confidence.

He's snatching at all his chances and clearly isn't backing himself to score, as he does in an England shirt.

It's almost as if he's constantly worried about his final pass/shot, knowing that his manger is just waiting to slag him off when it goes wrong.

And what happens when he misses his first chance? Does Jose encourage? Does he feck... Shakes his head like he's just ruined our entire chances of winning the game.
This is all there is to it. His decision making isn't a problem with England because there's a relaxed atmosphere. Its like you're on trial playing for Mourinho. If you don't score you'll get hooked.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
pure English bias that people like Rio think he deserves to start up front
English bias :lol:

He isn't excellent by any means, but he is still far better than Lukaku who isn't a foitballer at this point, so he deserves to start on that alone.

Devil may care

Movement and energy was good but his lack of composure and poor decision making in the final 3rd let him down.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What is this kids IQ? Jesus christ.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's not good enough (yet) so if we are going to play him we have to accept that we aren't going to challenge the best in the league/Europe until he (hopefully) improves.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Finishing aside I thought he was our best attacker tonight, sadly finishing is a huge part of being the striker and it was really bad tonight. I don't know what's going on with him behind the scenes but he seems to think he absolutely has to score and he's making shocking decisions because of it.

There's nothing more frustrating than watching him miss a chance to slide in a team mate but opts for the more difficult shot at goal, sort it out Marcus.

cheeky_backheel

This is all there is to it. His decision making isn't a problem with England because there's a relaxed atmosphere. Its like you're on trial playing for Mourinho. If you don't score you'll get hooked.
Of course Mourinho is responsible for rashford's faulty thinking and poor finishing.

Aloysius's Back 3

Of course Mourinho is responsible for rashford's faulty thinking and poor finishing.
Yeah because he had none of that until the moment he dropped him straight from being a striker for united and turned him in to a winger who has struggled to score or do anything of note ever since then.

your support for Jose is crazy mate. Do you have a partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.