View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Adamsk7

I think emotional is underplaying it - he was in absolute bits at the end. I don’t know whether it’s just because of what a horrific season he’s had personally and now it’s all coming out in front of the fans after the win or he’s off. In either event, it’s hard not to feel for him even if he has shown a huge lack of desire. He seems to be someone that lets emotion get the better of him on and off the pitch.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Sublime cross to Garnacho for our second goal.

Apart from that, not sure what to say, thought he was composed

Nep77

Great pass on the build up for the second goal. He is not as quick as he was season or two back and its been evident all season. He did his job decently of what was asked of him off the ball while not really being threat on the ball.

criticalanalysis

Pace is gone because he can’t keep up with Kyle Walker, ok :wenger:
Rashford's pace has not gone entirely but he's definitely not as sharp as 4 years old ago, which after his injury troubles make sense.

Kyle Walker is 33. Great pass, not much else though
Walker kept up and closed down a full sprinting Vinicius Jr in the first leg. His recovery speed is no joke even at 33.

clarkydaz

So what, he’s one of the fastest players in the world.
his pace and shot are literally his game, when people on here were calling him world class insisting he is on Mbappe's level. his pace is not what it was, coming into his peak years.

OleGunnar20

Definitely feels like he might be off. He was better today. Great cross field pass, worked harder than usual and had a few nice little touches to link play.

You could tell he'd lost the battle with walker in his head before getting on the pitch though, which i think has always been his main issue really - mentality.

But hey, if he is off - thats not a bad note to leave on ! Well played Marcus.

flappyjay

Justin Gatlin won the silver medal in the 100m at 34. You don't just automatically lose pace once you hit 30, and Walker clearly hasn't.
Walker is the reason City don't concede as much as they should on the counter. He is still so quick, he reminds me of Antonio Valencia in keeping his elite speed in his mid thirties.

Chairman Steve

He looked notably emotional at the FT. Definitely had the feel of ‘taking it all in because it’s going to end soon’ like we saw with Beckham back in 2003 in the last league home game.

MadMike

Great pass, but still a shade of the player he used to be. I don't know if the young Rashford is coming back again. I think we can do better than him on the LW and he needs a new challenge for his sake as well.

Marwood

Much more composed on the ball.

I agree he's not as quick as he once was but he was still fast enough to get in some good positions. It's more his lack of aggression or strength once he's there to really shrug off the defender and make it his.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Much more composed on the ball.

I agree he's not as quick as he once was but he was still fast enough to get in some good positions. It's more his lack of aggression or strength once he's there to really shrug off the defender and make it his.
The raw pace waning wouldn't be as much of an issue if he was techincally elite, but he's never been that so without the explosiveness his game becomes far more erratic in how he might contribute.

Honestly I think his best shot at being a top level player would be pulling a Ronaldo and fully embracing playing centrally and working endlessly on his instincts inside the box. He'd be able to cover up his deficiencies if he became far more consistent/versatile in front of goal (which I thought was what he was progressing towards in 22/23). Otherwise he's going to continue being hit or miss as a winger that will pop up with great moments but struggle for consistency, which is an impossible player to build a side around as a star man

Marwood

The raw pace waning wouldn't be as much of an issue if he was techincally elite, but he's never been that so without the explosiveness his game becomes far more erratic in how he might contribute.

Honestly I think his best shot at being a top level player would be pulling a Ronaldo and fully embracing playing centrally and working endlessly on his instincts inside the box. He'd be able to cover up his deficiencies if he became far more consistent/versatile in front of goal (which I thought was what he was progressing towards in 22/23). Otherwise he's going to continue being hit or miss as a winger that will pop up with great moments but struggle for consistency, which is an impossible player to build a side around as a star man
I don't think he's physically brave enough to be that kind of goalscorer.

There were a couple of moments today where he got ahead of Walker but he won't use his body.

That willingness to physically compete has gone from his game for some reason.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Love him and delighted for him. I've been critical of him but his fulltime emotions today reminded me he's one of us. He needed that.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I don't think he's physically brave enough to be that kind of goalscorer.

There were a couple of moments today where he got ahead of Walker but he won't use his body.

That willingness to physically compete has gone from his game for some reason.
I think you're probably right, just moreso saying what I think would be the *best possible outcome* for his career for him to remain at the highest levels and still being effective.

The lack of willingness to get into any sort of physical/aerial duels from him might be the single most maddening part of his game for me, even moreso than the low amount of defensive work he does. He's a good athlete and built better than majority of players on the pitch physically yet goes into challenges like he's a 34 year old Juan Mata.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Kyle Walker is 33. Great pass, not much else though
Bloody hell, who do you think would be quicker, Usain Bolt at 40, or Mason Mount at 25?

Walker is an absolute freak of nature whose phenomenal pace is still there. Players know that they'll do very well to win even 1 sprint against him unless he's wrong footed.
Rashy did as well as any player has done against him recently.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I knew those tears were going straight to his Instagram.
I wish he would get off all that fecking social media shit.

Anyway he had a decent game and a nice cross field pass before the goal. Not sure I trust him for next season but who cares, let's celebrate an FA cup win for the next few days. Great way for him and everyone at the club to end the season

IrishMcD

I knew those tears were going straight to his Instagram.
I wish he would get off all that fecking social media shit.

Anyway he had a decent game and a nice cross field pass before the goal. Not sure I trust him for next season but who cares, let's celebrate an FA cup win for the next few days. Great way for him and everyone at the club to end the season
Yup. Was waiting for the post about his tears. I can’t relate to a guy his age chasing social media attention like a teenage girl. I don’t Need to see a social media post of you crying to realise you care about the club, a few performances where you look like you care might actually do the trick.
I appreciate that a lot of people are still on a high from today, but I’d like to think that the post-celebration clarity will make people remember how crap and lazy he had been.
I think today was the perfect way for him to bow out of the club. I’d love to see himself, Lindelof, McTominay and Wan Bissaka leave with a medal in their back pocket. They are not going to get us to where we want to be.

van Nistelrooy

Good cross-field ball in the build-up to Mainoo's goal. Didn't do much else, but played his part in a good overall team performance. Let's not go overboard, there wasn't anything special from his performance.

Very reserved celebrations out on the pitch which will fuel speculation, but he was far more cheerful in the dressing room. We'll see...

Marwood

I think you're probably right, just moreso saying what I think would be the *best possible outcome* for his career for him to remain at the highest levels and still being effective.

The lack of willingness to get into any sort of physical/aerial duels from him might be the single most maddening part of his game for me, even moreso than the low amount of defensive work he does. He's a good athlete and built better than majority of players on the pitch physically yet goes into challenges like he's a 34 year old Juan Mata.
Yeah I think you're right and its frustrating because he could do it. We've seen glimpses.

It's all just very odd with him. Hopefully one day we'll find out what's gone on with him.

LInkash

His Instagram post maybe shows he's committed?

I shed some tears too myself , it's been such an difficult season and to overcome the massive odds to win it was really emotional for me so I can imagine it could be for him too.

United Hobbit

Really not sure about his 2 Instagram posts, quite a few of the others have got them with the cup/other members of the team, he has his crying one and then just a single one of just him and the FA Cup. Bit isolated almost? May just be he wants some time to take it all in, but he has put some pictures up just an interesting choice of which ones

Also on the walk between the steps and podium on the pitch he looked a bit isolated

May be reading too much into it but I think he's decided it's time to move on and have a fresh start as there's a lot of questions about his desire and attitude at United that a fresh start may be best for all

SungSam7

Good cross-field ball in the build-up to Mainoo's goal. Didn't do much else, but played his part in a good overall team performance. Let's not go overboard, there wasn't anything special from his performance.

Very reserved celebrations out on the pitch which will fuel speculation, but he was far more cheerful in the dressing room. We'll see...
To be fair, hea against Kyle Walker. He'd keep any winger quiet really. But he put in a shift and I'll thank him for that.

However, he needs to reevaluate his true value this summer. Can he say he was proud of his performances...

Malons

I don't understand, given his height, why he's left-side defensive cover when we win a corner.

I do find the whole rush to put his own tears on Instagram a bit cynical.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So happy for Rashford today. Performed really well and gave Walker a tough time. He's had a tough season like everyone else, but he's one of ours and he's here to stay and will be back to his best.

didz

Really not sure about his 2 Instagram posts, quite a few of the others have got them with the cup/other members of the team, he has his crying one and then just a single one of just him and the FA Cup. Bit isolated almost? May just be he wants some time to take it all in, but he has put some pictures up just an interesting choice of which ones

Also on the walk between the steps and podium on the pitch he looked a bit isolated

May be reading too much into it but I think he's decided it's time to move on and have a fresh start as there's a lot of questions about his desire and attitude at United that a fresh start may be best for all
It did look a bit weird but I think when you're such a big player in the team, you probably feel like you should be a bigger contributor to its successes than he feels he has been. I can understand a bit of mixed emotions there.

Still, I thought he played well, keeping Walker honest and being our main threat early on. Plus it was a gorgeous cross field ball to get things going.

Malons

I don't get the whole 'made life difficult for Walker' thing. He didn't come close to winning any of the one on one battles with him. When Holjund came on you had an example of someone actually making it difficult for defenders.

The crossfield pass for the goal was phenomenal. But beyond that the bar is so ridiculously for 'played well' for the lad. Especially when some still cling to this notion of him still being one of the more exceptional players in the league.