View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Lu Tze

I don't understand, given his height, why he's left-side defensive cover when we win a corner.

I do find the whole rush to put his own tears on Instagram a bit cynical.
Because he doesn't meaningfully jump for headers. He does this fake little jump 3 yards away from the ball, but he doesn't actually want to win it. That lack of effort alone is enough to condemn him as a United player for me.

Good pass for the second goal, didn't do much else with Walker being a match for his kick and run play. Hopefully a nice farewell for him.

RedDevil@84

Had his moments, but was pretty slow overall. Maybe coming back from an injury. Don't read much into his tears and his PR team immediately putting a post using it. He may have got emotional or happy or whatever, but the problem with him is not whether he loves the club or it's fans. But what he gives on the pitch week after week

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It's weird, I was feeling sorry for him before the match but with the tears thing and the social media post, I don't really connect with all that.

He did put in a shift which just shows there were plenty of times when he didn't this year. Like others have said, I have nothing against him personally but it's probably best to part ways at this point. The juice is just not worth the squeeze.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Rashford should be sold. Look at Doku in the 2nd half, pace and tricky. Rashford is just pace and nothing more. Kyle Walker got him in his pocket. As long as the RB can match his pace, Rashford is practically useless. Garnacho has more in his bag then Rashford.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we want to return to the top then we have to focus more on what happens on the pitch and less on players feelings. Back in the day no one was concerned about Scholes or Keane's feelings.The focus was on trophies. Same thing can be said about today's real and city

We need to admit that top level football is hugely demanding and is not suited for everyone

Borninthe80ts

I was going to say it was pleasing to finally see some compassion from folks for a player that clearly loves the club and is struggling in all aspects of life. However some now see his tears as PR motivated im assuming.

It feels like anything he does will always be critiqued by some. I hope he can use it as fuel to come back stronger next season.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
I thought he did what he needed to yesterday and kept Walker honest and considering his position.

Had we not played Rashford, Walker wouldn’t have to consider having to do as many high intensity recovery runs which is obviously a massive part of his game.

The pass to Garnacho was excellent too.

Woodzy

Worked his arse off yesterday. Someone needs to tell him you have to do that against the Burnleys and the Lutons and not just the cup final

van Nistelrooy

I don't get the whole 'made life difficult for Walker' thing. He didn't come close to winning any of the one on one battles with him. When Holjund came on you had an example of someone actually making it difficult for defenders.
Very true. When I watched Hojlund battle with defenders at the end, I just thought Rashford would never do this. More likely lose the ball, throw his arms up and look back at the referee.

Poor PR work on his Instagram again unfortunately. The tears would have been more beliveable if they weren't plastered all over social media within minutes with a tagline warning people not to question his commitment to the club again. Who's questioning his love for United I don't know, but his social media posts are embarassing.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Very true. When I watched Hojlund battle with defenders at the end, I just thought Rashford would never do this. More likely lose the ball, throw his arms up and look back at the referee.

Poor PR work on his Instagram again unfortunately. The tears would have been more beliveable if they weren't plastered all over social media within minutes with a tagline warning people not to question his commitment to the club again. Who's questioning his love for United I don't know, but his social media posts are embarassing.
Wait, did this actually happen?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He's still fast but is it just me that thinks he's lost that elite speed?

Im not basing it on yesterday because Walker is genuinely rapid but all season. Injuries have taken his main asset away.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I thought he did what he needed to yesterday and kept Walker honest and considering his position.

Had we not played Rashford, Walker wouldn’t have to consider having to do as many high intensity recovery runs which is obviously a massive part of his game.

The pass to Garnacho was excellent too.
For me, he was OK overall, but that pass to Garnacho was superb. He was an integral part of the game plan and helped the team, but don't think he's effective enough to warrant being one of our highest paid player. I think a player with decent technical ability and is absolutely rapid could have done his role as effectively yesterday. In his defence though, he wasn't 100%.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Lost nearly every foot race, that long pass was absolutely class though.
Against Walker, who everyone loses in a foot race to and who is also stupidly strong for a fullback.

I didn't think he was a motm contender by any means but I also don't think we win without him being there. Same with the QF against Liverpool.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
the guy can't show a bit of emotion after a cup win, being left out of the England squad and being criticised all season, without people questioning the motive to it.

There doesn't have to be a reason or motive other than the game/season finished and there was a lot to take in.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lost nearly every foot race, that long pass was absolutely class though.
Just because walker got back at him doesn't mean that it wasn't absolutely key having Rashford there to keep City on their toes there with those runs. Rashfords timing of runs is among the best in the world off the left, and he can give Walker the type of game that very few around can give. He makes a huge difference to our game being the out ball and forces their team back to reset more. And to add on the ball he just had a very good game and kept possession well and worked hard.

Sylar

Any other defender and the game plan works a treat. Can't wait for walker to piss off from city.

Rashford did well. Him being there means it takes a player out of city's attack and they have something to worry about going the other way. Part of the plan and worked a treat especially first half

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
For me, he was OK overall, but that pass to Garnacho was superb. He was an integral part of the game plan and helped the team, but don't think he's effective enough to warrant being one of our highest paid player. I think a player with decent technical ability and is absolutely rapid could have done his role as effectively yesterday. In his defence though, he wasn't 100%.
Yeah and I think given the season he’s had I’m fine with him having that ok game with one moment that set a goal winning opportunity on its way.

You’re right though with the wages he’s on this can’t be long term the performance we tolerate. I really like Rashford though and I’d love him to come good for us like last season.

My vain hope is that actually the impact of not having Shaw or Malacia to overlap and work with has severely stunted our LW options and so this is a symptom of that issue not just Rashford suddenly being poor.

Fingers crossed!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I knew those tears were going straight to his Instagram.
I wish he would get off all that fecking social media shit.

Anyway he had a decent game and a nice cross field pass before the goal. Not sure I trust him for next season but who cares, let's celebrate an FA cup win for the next few days. Great way for him and everyone at the club to end the season
I agree, it kind of bellies his need to be loved/wanted by the fans. He really needs to feck social off and address that part of him as it serves no-one.

Get your head down and get yourself in the right shape and frame of mind for next season.

Some will say if he wants to be liked he should put in more effort etc etc.... Others will say who wants to put in the effort when all you get back is hate regardless.

Whether it's a clean break elsewhere or a clean start here next season. I hope for the best for him...

He's still fast but is it just me that thinks he's lost that elite speed?

Im not basing it on yesterday because Walker is genuinely rapid but all season. Injuries have taken his main asset away.
I don't think he's 100 %

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
the guy can't show a bit of emotion after a cup win, being left out of the England squad and being criticised all season, without people questioning the motive to it.

There doesn't have to be a reason or motive other than the game/season finished and there was a lot to take in.
Of course you can show some emotion but when you post a picture on social media half an hour later showing the tears and saying see how much I care, people can feel a bit cynical.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He needs to go under the radar for few months and work back in news with performances. Not sure this instagram post is helping him out despite being genuine.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He turns up when there is a cup game and the eyes of the world are on him. I’ve also seen him sleep walk through games against Forest and Luton barely bothering to put a shift in.

Devil81

Rashford should be sold. Look at Doku in the 2nd half, pace and tricky. Rashford is just pace and nothing more. Kyle Walker got him in his pocket. As long as the RB can match his pace, Rashford is practically useless. Garnacho has more in his bag then Rashford.
He doesn't face Kyle Walker every week though and that pace is an asset against 90% of teams we face.

The trick is getting the best out of him, why has his focus and performance levels dropped this season. Its almost like he has doubts about his own ability and let's the pressure weigh him down. There is no doubt a fit and focused Rashford is a machine of a player. The very fact he occupied the majority of Walkers time opened space for others yesterday.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The tears and the PR etc are complicated.

I don't doubt he was genuinely emotional and this meant a lot to him and I don't believe he was in the dressing room desperately looking for his phone to post on Insta. I don't think he even posts on it 90% of the time.

But he has surrounded himself with a team of PR dickheads who would have been rushing for that super high resolution pic to post yesterday and some snappy quote to go with it. So if he gets frustrated that people doubt his sincerity and affection for United, it's because many people can see those social media posts aren't genuine. The tears and relief on the pitch are but the mad dash to broadcast it on the 'gram by his brand management team is just eye-rolling.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Of course you can show some emotion but when you post a picture on social media half an hour later showing the tears and saying see how much I care, people can feel a bit cynical.
I think only if you're purposely looking for a reason to hate on him you're cynical.

If you're a normal person you're happy your team won the fa cup and might allow a footballer to enjoy being a human being for just one day.

Apokalips

Just because walker got back at him doesn't mean that it wasn't absolutely key having Rashford there to keep City on their toes there with those runs. Rashfords timing of runs is among the best in the world off the left, and he can give Walker the type of game that very few around can give. He makes a huge difference to our game being the out ball and forces their team back to reset more. And to add on the ball he just had a very good game and kept possession well and worked hard.
Pretty sure Stones beat him in a race too though. Would need to watch back to see how fair it was, but I expected Rashford to blow past him. He definitely doesn't seem to be as explosive as he once was. Hopefully he doesn't/hasn't lost his pace like Martial did, we should be sure to address the fitness coaching in the summer to make sure our players are fitter, more explosive and athletic and load is managed to prevent these training ground injuries.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah and I think given the season he’s had I’m fine with him having that ok game with one moment that set a goal winning opportunity on its way.

You’re right though with the wages he’s on this can’t be long term the performance we tolerate. I really like Rashford though and I’d love him to come good for us like last season.

My vain hope is that actually the impact of not having Shaw or Malacia to overlap and work with has severely stunted our LW options and so this is a symptom of that issue not just Rashford suddenly being poor.

Fingers crossed!
That is a good point on the LB, perhaps with a more energetic side around him - LB and LCM, we can see him back to his best.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Had his moments, but was pretty slow overall. Maybe coming back from an injury. Don't read much into his tears and his PR team immediately putting a post using it. He may have got emotional or happy or whatever, but the problem with him is not whether he loves the club or it's fans. But what he gives on the pitch week after week
Id say he’s just relieved. Probably the highest paid, most hyped, PRd player in the league falling out of the England squad, not even the team and finishing the season with nothing at all would have been a terrible look whatever way you try to spin it. Spin being the word these days. There’s something majorly wrong there with him.

dinostar77

The club won't sell him and if Tuchel or Poch come in he will have to start to improve his off the ball defensive work, otherwise he won't play. Their high pressing games require all of them team to contribute, no passengers.

redcucumber

Happy for him. Good lad that's had a shite season. If he and we decide it's time to part ways on a high, fair dinkum.

rajds89

A bit of chatter on twitter today about Rashford being a target for Arsenal. How would you feel about him going there? Personally don’t think it’ll happen but who knows in football these days!

SER19

A bit of chatter on twitter today about Rashford being a target for Arsenal. How would you feel about him going there? Personally don’t think it’ll happen but who knows in football these days!
If we got a good fee I wouldnt particularly care. He might even do well there, but isnt going to be the difference maker for any side in terms of titles/big trophies.

askMeNice

Work hard in silence let success be your noise.
A lot of people are sick 'cause of his tweets and posts. Be silent and work that's he supposed to do.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Work hard in silence let success be your noise.
A lot of people are sick 'cause of his tweets and posts. Be silent and work that's he supposed to do.
You sound like you belong in 1802.

If you're sick at one of our players being emotional after a cup win then I'm afraid YOU are the problem, not them

RedOrange

The club won't sell him and if Tuchel or Poch come in he will have to start to improve his off the ball defensive work, otherwise he won't play.
IDK why anyone would expect him to do anything differently with yet another manager. We've seen the best and worst of Rashford under both OGS and ETH. Whatever is hampering Rashford's production, it's got way more to do with Rashford than the manager.

askMeNice

You sound like you belong in 1802.

If you're sick at one of our players being emotional after a cup win then I'm afraid YOU are the problem, not them
Please don't spin my words, we all show our emotions differently and yes call it old fashioned but I adore players which are silent and don't take every opportunity to post something on IG, FB, X, Snap etc. He would get much more respect. We all know his qualities and he hit the maximum, that's it.