View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Smithy89

He's back to his normal self, this is Rashford and i like the kid but we cannot be expected to challenge when he and Bruno are our key players.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Does he have a playing time clause in his contract or something? Because it's getting ridiculous how he starts every game despite being hopelessly out of form.

croadyman

I can't believe I am actually saying this but any chance he could really feck off Erik in the same way that Sancho did. Maybe then he would actually come out of this team

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Oh dear

Attended a birthday party and arrived to training on time as usual the next day?

As much as there is wrong with Rashford's performances lately, this is a complete non-story and the Torygraph can feck off.

sugar_kane

I hadn’t realised he’d split with his fiancée over summer, they only got engaged last year.

Didn’t his form go to complete shot the first time they broke up then improved when they got back together? Rings a bell.

klayton88

Does he have a playing time clause in his contract or something? Because it's getting ridiculous how he starts every game despite being hopelessly out of form.
I genuinely thought this when he was almost substituted a few games back and he had a look on his face to say 'why am I coming off'.

Someone

Something
Don't wanna be harsh, but that defeat ruined my night. How can a player go out partying after this I don't know.

There's a massive gap between what this club means to us and what it means to most players.

Based Adnan

Don't wanna be harsh, but that defeat ruined my night. How can a player go out partying after this I don't know.

There's a massive gap between what this club means to us and what it means to most players.
They don't care regardless of what their PR might try have you believe

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Quite easily, I imagine.

For the regular fans, we take that loss on a Sunday evening, our outlet is getting ready for the humdrum of Monday, with work etc.

For the £350,000 a week footballer, they get chauffeured to a club, have some champagne and/or cocktails and dance the loss away.

V.O.

Quite easily, I imagine.

For the regular fans, we take that loss on a Sunday evening, our outlet is getting ready for the humdrum of Monday, with work etc.

For the £350,000 a week footballer, they get chauffeured to a club, have some champagne and/or cocktails and dance the loss away.
His friends put on a party for him. Roy Keane might have told them to feck off and gone home to spend the evening kicking the dog up the arse, but most people wouldn't, including other successful ex-players.

Rooney went partying with fecking City players to celebrate his own birthday after the 6-1 ffs.

V.O.

Knives are out....
It's a tory newspaper. They'll have been holding their breath for him to put a single foot wrong in his private life since he said that feeding hungry kids might be a good idea.

stepic

Drop him. Make a point Eth. Drop Bruno too. Make them work for it a bit.

But of course he won’t.

RedOrange

He has some excuses but, at some point, there has to be a debate about whether he's worth all the needed adjustments to get the best out of him and make him our main man.
Seems like the debate's over: he's not worth it. A player who is poor against a set up defence isn't useful for a club that aspires to compete for titles, as that's what they're facing in well over half their league matches.

I think at a top club his skill set is useful as a match plan specific rotation option, a change of pace to keep aggressive teams with high defensive lines honest. Unfortunately he's been made an undroppable starter with an ego and contract to match.

spiriticon

He really is quite a low IQ footballer. How he made it as a regular is beyond me.

In a serious team he would be no more than an impact sub.

Marwood

I said back in March during contract negotiations the club shouldn't do anything silly. That he hadn't demonstrated the consistency to command a top level salary. That last season there was a big gap between pre and post world cup form.

Obviously you get a handful of posters telling you you know nothing about football. Same posters are nowhere to be seen in this seasons Rashford performance thread.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Seems like the debate's over: he's not worth it. A player who is poor against a set up defence isn't useful for a club that aspires to compete for titles, as that's what they're facing in well over half their league matches.

I think at a top club his skill set is useful as a match plan specific rotation option, a change of pace to keep aggressive teams with high defensive lines honest. Unfortunately he's been made an undroppable starter with an ego and contract to match.
I feel a lot of things could be made easier from a tactical point of view, both for him and the club, if he could play centrally. But he hasn't worked on those aspects of the role at all. I still believe that he has good qualities in his game and he's actually the only player opposition defences worry about when they play against us. But as a friend of mine likes to say: Too much stardust (incredible solo efforts now and then) that's flattering to deceive. He is adding things to his game, like using his left foot more and heading the ball, but you can see that it's awkward for him to receive the ball out wide with no spaces to attack.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I said back in March during contract negotiations the club shouldn't do anything silly. That he hadn't demonstrated the consistency to command a top level salary. That last season there was a big gap between pre and post world cup form.

Obviously you get a handful of posters telling you you know nothing about football. Same posters are nowhere to be seen in this seasons Rashford performance thread.
They will come back when he scores against Luton or something.

I said the same thing. Wasn't in favor of extending with the rumored wages but the club had no choice. They wouldn't sell after the season he had and after a year he would leave for free. The guy performed in the season where his contract was on the line. Was so predictable.

Marwood

They will come back when he scores against Luton or something.

I said the same thing. Wasn't in favor of extending with the rumored wages but the club had no choice. They wouldn't sell after the season he had and after a year he would leave for free. The guy performed in the season where his contract was on the line. Was so predictable.
It certainly was. I reckon since Jan 21 to now we've seen three months good form. I'm not particularly annoyed at Rashford. It happens. He's been playing full on since he was 18 and some players simply lose their drive after seven or so years. It's clear as day that's what's happened.

I'm more annoyed at the managers and club for being so defferential to him. Allowing his PR to control his selection.

@AFC NimbleThumb
@roseguy64

I remember you two being very "thank god you're not in charge" when I suggested we shouldn't go crazy with his contract.

Any follow up now?

ElDiabloRojo

If he was a player playing for say, West Ham or Villa, would we be interested?

If we spent 50m to 80m on him we would be disgusted like Antony.

I hope we can offload to PSG or Saudi.

A new start would help him also. Take a lot of pressure off him.

Or maybe just bench him for 2 to 3 games, might help too.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Seems like the debate's over
Seems like the debate's over?? Best season of his career last year, one of the top forwards in Europe. A couple of months of struggling badly in a shitshow of team situation and the debate's over?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Just because he's out with friends doesn't mean he's not disappointed with the result. They can be mutually exclusive.

After we lost to Crystal Palace I went straight from Old Trafford to a stag-do in Manchester and had a great night, didn't make me not care about the result any less.

Banana Republic

What a mess Arnold and his management team has left us with.
£700k per week for two players who don’t provide anything to the team.
One, Sancho, who’s checked himself out off the pitch and two, Rashford, who’s checked himself out on the pitch.
Add to that Antony, who’s doing a very good impression of being a complete waste of money and there’s nearly £1m per week being wasted.

How many useful and productive players could Utd have, for those wages?

zaafi

This idea that professional football players should sit at home, constantly feel angry and sad throughout the weekend after a defeat and re-watch the match to see what they can do better like they're robots, is just weird. They are normal people like us who play football for a living and want to have fun in their time off.

Donut

His demenour just makes me angry, how can you care so little about your boyhood club.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I hadn’t realised he’d split with his fiancée over summer, they only got engaged last year.

Didn’t his form go to complete shot the first time they broke up then improved when they got back together? Rings a bell.
We're basing our hopes in seasons on him staying with his fiancée. :lol:

Split up, terrible, 85% (rightly) want him gone
Back together, has a good season
Split up again, terrible again

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Is it possible that he has it in his contract that he has to play whenever he wants, same like Rooney had?

johanovic

Bench Rashford and Bruno. Play Mainoo, Hannibal, Garnacho and Mount in midfield with either Casemiro/Amrabat against Newcastle. We had Hannibal playing recently and he ran around 13 km in that game. I suspect that those young ones would show the desire needed to be a United player. It would be up to them then to grab the chance but how fecking tired I´m seeing players not giving it their best. There are very few members of this playing squad that can expect to be a cornerstone of a new proper team.
You could perhaps assume that Onana, Martinez, Shaw, Malacia,Wan bissaka, Mount, Amad, Mainoo,Hannibal,Hojlund and Garnacho to stay but I doubt that Lindelof, Maguire, Regulion, Varane, Dalot,Evans, Amrabat, Bruno, Eriksen, Casemiro, Pellestri, Van de Beek, McTominay, Martial, Antony, Sancho and yes Rashford will have a big say in the future of Man Utd. Despite having spent over 400 million pounds since ETH we are no closer to having a well structured playing side. How is that possible? Ragnick was right when he stated United needed open heart surgery and that still is the case. If you looked at the playing squads in the derby match against City I would hardly see a United player good enough to get into their starting lineup and even into their squad. That´s how far we have fallen..despite spending shitload of money.

Oranges038

Attended a birthday party and arrived to training on time as usual the next day?

As much as there is wrong with Rashford's performances lately, this is a complete non-story and the Torygraph can feck off.
But why tell the story as it is?

Man goes to birthday party after bad day at work and shows up to work on time the next day.

That doesn't sound as good and it won't get the clicks in.

Marwood

Seems like the debate's over?? Best season of his career last year, one of the top forwards in Europe. A couple of months of struggling badly in a shitshow of team situation and the debate's over?
He's had 3 good months over what is nearly the last three years.

Reminder, this time last season he had 3 more league goals and one more assist in the league than he has now. He'd scored in 3 out of 14 games.

Hughes35

I've said for ages this isn't Rashford under performing, this is his average level.

The periods where he smashes in goals are the anomaly, not this.

He's just not a good all round footballer.

Gordon Godot

Bench Rashford and Bruno. Play Mainoo, Hannibal, Garnacho and Mount in midfield with either Casemiro/Amrabat against Newcastle. We had Hannibal playing recently and he ran around 13 km in that game. I suspect that those young ones would show the desire needed to be a United player. It would be up to them then to grab the chance but how fecking tired I´m seeing players not giving it their best. There are very few members of this playing squad that can expect to be a cornerstone of a new proper team.
You could perhaps assume that Onana, Martinez, Shaw, Malacia,Wan bissaka, Mount, Amad, Mainoo,Hannibal,Hojlund and Garnacho to stay but I doubt that Lindelof, Maguire, Regulion, Varane, Dalot,Evans, Amrabat, Bruno, Eriksen, Casemiro, Pellestri, Van de Beek, McTominay, Martial, Antony, Sancho and yes Rashford will have a big say in the future of Man Utd. Despite having spent over 400 million pounds since ETH we are no closer to having a well structured playing side. How is that possible? Ragnick was right when he stated United needed open heart surgery and that still is the case. If you looked at the playing squads in the derby match against City I would hardly see a United player good enough to get into their starting lineup and even into their squad. That´s how far we have fallen..despite spending shitload of money.
Ragnick also gave advice on players and we had the option to have him consult for 2 years. ETH declined to even meet him, which in hindsight shows how deluded he is. His recruitment has been shocking. The club refuses to employ people with the right qualification to do the key jobs, and allow managers free reign to buy dross.

Idxomer

How many months of good form has he had since January 2021?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Yep non story. If anything fair play to him for actually turning up for something.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's had 3 good months over what is nearly the last three years.

Reminder, this time last season he had 3 more league goals and one more assist in the league than he has now. He'd scored in 3 out of 14 games.
Pack it in. You view your player's form over a season, no? Every forward has tricky spells over a season. Every player. When the angle is 'he's shit', it's easy to find spells to back up the data. When he performs, it's 'a purple patch'. I'm no Rashford fan boy but to write him off, or indeed any United player, when we're in our current state is nonsense, particularly after last season. He's not the guy who's going to single handedly pull the team together. He's been poor. Cas has been poor. Shaw was poor when he played. As was Martinez. Bruno gas been brutal. Dalot. Varane. Everybody. Do we bin them all? I say we take a deep breath, try to sort out a system that gets us a bit more organised, keep grinding out the odd result, welcome back the walking wounded as they reappear and hope everyone starts playing themselves back into form. Rashford has still been possibly our most dangerous player. He hasn't taken his chances nor made the most of good situations he's created but he's still finding himself in there. I'd like Ten Hag to take him out for Garnacho in games rather than rejigging the whole front line but I'm certainly not ready to give up on him.