Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Big crossroads in his career now.

He either sulks and listens to his cabal of PR pricks and hangers on telling him "Their loss!" or he finally puts his head down and starts working hard and becoming less selfish on the pitch.

Malons

Despite everything he could have won a lot of critics over if he simply put a shift in. He was getting hammered for his effort in games and his response was to sulk and walk around even more. That was the perplexing about last season. If he just... tried. I think he maybe would have kept his England place. If you put yourself about a bit it goes a long way to compensate for lack of goalscoring form because you're proving and demonstrating a useful attribute. He didn't even do that.

But no doubt it'll be someone else's fault.

SuperiorXI

It's the right decision to leave him out. It's now up to Rashford to respond and also to a certain extent Ten Hag as he will need to manage him through this.

maximus419

I think he'll move on this summer. Utd will have to take a hit on his value, given the wages he's on, they have to accept offers around £30m, whereas the season before he earned the new contract, he was a £80m asset.

I don't think he can turn his career around at Utd. Reminds me of Lingard, came through the youth system, had a few good years but then it goes to their head, and it clouds your judgment because they are youth developments so you give them way too much leeway.

However he's never really improved his game, he's a triple P (purple patch player). He goes on spurts of scoring and playing well, but it last for barely a month or so and then he drops back to his normal level, but it's a huge drop off. Both in terms of work rate, which is like playing with 10 men and just doing the basics things, managing to hit the target, winning physical battles, headers etc, he's just an incredibly passive player for most of the game.

Strachan8

Despite everything he could have won a lot of critics over if he simply put a shift in. He was getting hammered for his effort in games and his response was to sulk and walk around even more. That was the perplexing about last season. If he just... tried. I think he maybe would have kept his England place. If you put yourself about a bit it goes a long way to compensate for lack of goalscoring form because you're proving and demonstrating a useful attribute. He didn't even do that.

But no doubt it'll be someone else's fault.
Indeed, ‘Always the victim…”. Commercial side at club dropped a clanger by allowing him to be so prominent post Ronaldo with his attitude and despite Bruno’s numbers. At least with Garnacho, Mainoo and Rasmus this can be avoided in the future.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
Maybe Southgate has got the balls to be a United manager and sort out the underperformers like Rashford

Red For Ever

Maybe Southgate has got the balls to be a United manager and sort out the underperformers like Rashford

Possibly, but while some will be surprised that he isn't included, I think the vast majority would have been even more surprised if he had been included.
I don't think he will get a lot of criticism for leaving him out.

Frank Grimes

Rashford won't care too much about being left out. He knew he would see very little game time as he was never going to start and other players have gone ahead of him even as options from the bench.

lilcurt

Hopefully he decides on a fresh start elsewhere. He's had too many issues here now and even if he isn't one of the problems, he has been around for that long this poor mentality and attitude we have as a club is a part of him.

Vidooq

I only see his career going downwards. He is too soft to turn it around. I think it's the people around him, too many yes-men.

SER19

yesss looking forward to the dubai or miami based rap soundtracked training videos that promise us all he's changed

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Nah. I don't think this is any indicator of how brave Southgate can be if he were the United manager. England have loads of options who can play Rashford's position.

Son

Hopefully he decides on a fresh start elsewhere. He's had too many issues here now and even if he isn't one of the problems, he has been around for that long this poor mentality and attitude we have as a club is a part of him.
This. It’s just a broken relationship and I don’t think our ambitions have him in it. I honestly believe if United want to win trophies our ambitions have always been higher than Rashford’s.

He’ll spin PR saying he wants to win titles but never sacrificed himself football wise to actually prove it at his peak like Bruno does.

You can’t carry 350k/week players who do not even play for their national sides in their 20’s. It looks really poor on the club having top earners like this.

Rashford is an academy lad come good and fair play to him for playing so many years here and hopefully leaving for a good fee. I would build new academy facilities with the cash.

Hopefully that makes the new Paul Scholes / Foden someday or a player of that quality. That’s the dream.

Last edited:

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Sad for him that he is not selected for the Euros. Must be hurting.

Hopefully, this will serve as extra motivation and makes him work harder on his football, cutting all the unnecessary distractions. Otherwise, I can see his career go the Lingard way.

I still have faith in him. If he stays, I expect him to have a good season. But then he has to follow that good season with another one, then another one, and so on if he wants to be counted as a top player. The choice is solely his. He has the talent. He can throw it way and just be satisfied with the cash or he can become a regular 20-25 goal forward. Still only 26.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Probably the biggest set back in his career. England have too many quality options, he should either bounce back or will be quickly forgotten in England set up.

I think he should leave, whatever is the reason, the relationship between him and few fans is very toxic. He should look for a fresh start somewhere else.

Steve 007

It’s the correct decision. He’s not even played like a mid table forward. He is to blame and no one else. He hasn’t shown resilience, hunger or talent this season. Would PSG really want him on his wages?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Will he blame the supporters and haters in this case too, or finally realise he is nowhere near good as he used to be?

Woodywizz

His reaction to this exclusion is going to make or break his career. Sadly, most of us already are probably correctly assuming that he doesn’t have the mental fortitude to cope with this and will just sulk even more rather than using this situation as the impetus to change.

I, along with many others it seems, will be glad to see the back of him. How anybody can trouser £350k per week from an employer without showing any application, desire, fight,…well it’s just criminal. I’ve lost count of the amount of times this season where I’ve sat there aghast and not believing what I’m seeing - what looks like a petulant teenager strolling about without a care in the world whilst all is going to shit round him on the pitch.

This season, and in many others, he’s been indicative of the culture of entitlement and over inflated self worth that has permeated many of the players at the club. Lingard, Pogba, Sancho and now him - all could have had it all and all effectively threw it away because, quite simply, they couldn’t be arsed to put a shift in..Hopefully he’ll move on in the summer and take this stench away from the club, sadly though I think we’ve got another couple of years of abject apathy to witness until we can get his wages off the book.

rpitchfo

He’s always been potentially great with the ball…

And terrible off the ball.

You can put up with that if the first one makes up for the latter.

If you aren’t doing the first you’re just terrible. Rashford at the moment is terrible and there is obviously no place for a terrible player in the squad.

He needs to be better off the ball or he’s done .

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Probably the biggest set back in his career. England have too many quality options, he should either bounce back or will be quickly forgotten in England set up.

I think he should leave, whatever is the reason, the relationship between him and few fans is very toxic. He should look for a fresh start somewhere else.
If he simply realizes that the fans only want him to do his best, he can easily get back into their good books. Its the constant victim mentality he portrays which is mind-boggling. Fans see everything and you just cant get away with coasting on the pitch.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
If he simply realizes that the fans only want him to do his best, he can easily get back into their good books. Its the constant victim mentality he portrays which is mind-boggling. Fans see everything and you just cant get away with coasting on the pitch.
Backing some of the biggest cnuts following players to abuse them on their pages is weird. The toxicity in the fan base is real and it's not just for one player.

You make it sound like fans are very knowledgeable and knows everything, when it couldn't be far from truth.

His work rate is a problem for fans, at least it looks like it. Not sure why EtH didn't drop him for that.

padzilla

Hipster
Southgate: Other players have had better seasons.

Proceeds to select Luke Shaw.

r0663664

Worships Man City
For young footballer who earn so much, it really doesn't matter if he represents England. Rashford will never be mentioned great for United or England. I agree that he is similar to Lingard, they think they already made it at the highest level so they don't need to change or improve their game. United should never offer huge wages to young players. Only players who deserve to be on such wages are Roy Keane, Ronaldo, Messi, Scholes, Gerrard, Terry, Vidic and etc. These are all players who are professional that gives 100% every game. Not Sancho, Rashford, Pogba and other. I simply cannot understand United.

Bondi77

International football is representative football after all so it is no surprise that he didn't make it.

dogwithabone

Problem with Rashford is you know if he rediscovers his form next season, he’ll likely be ineffective the following season. We need to find a Kane or Haaland type where you know before a ball is kicked that, even if they’re a bit off it for a season, they’re finding the net 25 times. Rashford is just floating through his career, a moments player if ever there was one.

littlepeasoup

Should be a massive wake up call for the lad, that you absolutely can’t rest on your laurels at this level.

Marcus has got bundles of talent but in the application of that talent he’s really letting himself down.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Rashford won't care too much about being left out. He knew he would see very little game time as he was never going to start and other players have gone ahead of him even as options from the bench.
Would surprise me a lot if he doesn't care. Englands NT, on paper, is one of the strongest in Europe and should be a decent candidate to win the Euros. Not being a part of that is going to be a proper blow.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
1) He would of known chances of being in this team were slim

2) United fans are fecking annoyingly negative and precious

3) Does he have many supporters here? (In the normal sense of the word - not Stans)

Marcelinho87

Southgate: Other players have had better seasons.

Proceeds to select Luke Shaw.
If shaw plays though you will get effort and the very basics at least, Rashford you won’t.

This serves as a wake up call to Rashford, this is Southgate telling him his application and attitude is wrong, not the season he’s had.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Backing some of the biggest cnuts following players to abuse them on their pages is weird. The toxicity in the fan base is real and it's not just for one player.

You make it sound like fans are very knowledgeable and knows everything, when it couldn't be far from truth.

His work rate is a problem for fans, at least it looks like it. Not sure why EtH didn't drop him for that.
I'm not talking about the toxic abusing fans. They can get fecked.