5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Not only that but we need 2 defensive midfielders sitting in front of the defence and we STILL often concede. It's beyond a joke.

If you were Ole what would you do? Even if we tried to be more creative we'd start leaking like a sieve.
Attack as the best form of defence. Try to win with the risk of conceding rather than not trying to concede, taking away any ability to attack.

Anyway, back to Rashford, I think weve seen performances like this from him quite a lot this season. The only thing is its masked with his ability to produce a quality pass that puts somebody in to score.

Its sorta like past his prime rooney in his latter years for United. Or maybe Nani?

SuperiorXI

why is it a joke? he, Bruno and Matic are the only genuine contenders for the captains armband. Its a toss up for ~Ole really.

also its not the defences fault for Rashford, Fred and Bruno (last night an example) for playing hospital passes to each other!:lol:
Am I living in a different reality? All season he has been directly responsible for costing us points. Captains are supposed to be an example to the others... if Maguire is the example then it's no surprise the players were performing like a draw was okay!

SuperiorXI

Attack as the best form of defence. Try to win with the risk of conceding rather than not trying to concede, taking away any ability to attack.

Anyway, back to Rashford, I think weve seen performances like this from him quite a lot this season. The only thing is its masked with his ability to produce a quality pass that puts somebody in to score.

Its sorta like past his prime rooney in his latter years for United. Or maybe Nani?
For sure it is, we can see that Ole doesn't want to take the risks so why is that? I think it is likely because of our weak defensive ability.

But yes, Rashford despite his stats has been a 'moments' player this season. When was the last game he played well consistently over 90 minutes? He doesn't do that often enough. Maybe he needs some competition... we saw what that did for Shaw. He's playing even games he should be rested for (i.e. v.s. Real Sociedad 4-0 up!).

Your last point yes I do see similarities which is worrying because those players were at the end of their careers not entering their prime years.

GioF

Not only that but we need 2 defensive midfielders sitting in front of the defence and we STILL often concede. It's beyond a joke.

If you were Ole what would you do? Even if we tried to be more creative we'd start leaking like a sieve.
Personally I’d have Bailly next to Maguire to cover for his lack of speed. In games where we should have 60-70%+ possession I’d play one holding midfielder (ideally Scott) with Bruno/Pogba/DvB/Mata as the two attacking midfielders. Need more creativity and something has to give.

Playinv against the likes of Palace/WBA etc with two holding midfielders and playing a deep line is stuff of relegation teams not title challengers.

GioF

For sure it is, we can see that Ole doesn't want to take the risks so why is that? I think it is likely because of our weak defensive ability.

But yes, Rashford despite his stats has been a 'moments' player this season. When was the last game he played well consistently over 90 minutes? He doesn't do that often enough. Maybe he needs some competition... we saw what that did for Shaw. He's playing even games he should be rested for (i.e. v.s. Real Sociedad 4-0 up!).

Your last point yes I do see similarities which is worrying because those players were at the end of their careers not entering their prime years.
We have the two best 1v1 fullbacks in the league. We can sacrifice the extra holding midfielder IMO.

GledTheRed

Missed a sitter and dribbled aimlessly down blind alleys all game whilst looking looking like a told off child.

Standard Rashford.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He plays terrible more often than he plays well, not “quiet” or “average” outright terrible. This isn’t new. His numbers paper over the cracks, but his overall game isn’t good at all most of the time.

gza the genius

He's played pretty much every minute of every game this season, 2 games a week for ~5 months now with no real summer break either. It's no surprise him and Bruno aren't really setting the world alight right now, they need a break.

rakesh289

Needs to realize he can't dribble past 3-4 players marking him that close, doesn't have the close control to do it and should start looking up and find players at better positions or recycle possession.
He is a good player who can go past players but not when it's this crowded, needs to work on his passing and crossing. Too many loose balls in the match, lost possession even during simple back passes.He really needs to sort this out, sometimes keeping it simple isn't a bad thing.
Finally he is a striker but his conversion rate must be awful.I remember Cavani used to be an example of needing too many chances to score in his napoli days, Rashford is worse.

This used to be the USP of our players in Ferguson era, kept it simple and used to play to their strengths and weed out the inconsistencies in their game.

RedRJ

Bruno might be in poor form atm, but unlike Rashford you cant fault his effort.

Problem is right now, who the feck do we replace him with? Martial has been equally poor and lazy, Greenwood is also in poor form and James is pretty limited
Last night was probably the worst I've ever seen Rashford play, he was laughably bad in all aspects of his play. Coupled with that, he doesn't work nearly hard enough and (in my opinion) seemed to abdicate responsibility for creating chances to Luke Shaw. I could say exactly the same about Greenwood. I appreciate that this is easy to say with hindsight, but if we had started James and Diallo instead of Rashford and Greenwood, I don't think they would have created less chances and might have created a lot more. Hell, it might have been worth playing Luke Shaw in Rashford's position because he has offered much more creativity than Rashford recently and seldom loses possession cheaply.

DoomSlayer

Sell him and play Shola Shoretire. The obvious choice before we buy Sancho for 100 million and Haaland for 120 million.

But he is so bad that nobody would buy him. So just release him and take the hit, we can't keep giving chances to 23 year old academy players. It's time those 16-17 year-old wonderkids proved their worth.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hes much better off the ball than on it.

Good movement, but his finishing, passing and dribbling is fecking diabolical these days
hes offside so often that I don’t think his movement is anything special at all anymore either. We do make some chances he just misses them or has no desire to get on the end of them. He’s good dribbling into space and has a nice shot. He’s got that hooked pass from the left wing over the defenders shoulder down now too but in reality he’s been performing really poorly when it comes to bringing his teammates into play or working for the team but he’s getting respectable numbers.

He’s walking around like Ronaldo but with nowhere near the output or even influence on the game It’s a strange one. As I said in another post it feels like he’s being forced onto a world class pedestal that he doesn’t really deserve and can’t back up. it seems to be effecting his desire to do the basic stuff well and be a team player when there’s nothing on or he’s getting no change out of the defenders after running into them over and over

Still annoyed with him today

Chairman Steve

So it’s a shoulder injury this season after it was a back injury last season. I’m not sure whether it’s just a deflection tactic excuse for the poor performances or if it’s legit. If it’s the latter then OGS is really doing him more harm than good by playing him through these injuries.

izec

He is a really good player, but massively overplayed and believes the hype. He was a starter for every manager since his debut.

I'd take him out for a couple of weeks though, he is clearly tired.

Thiagoal

To me it’s clear he’s been harbouring an injury pretty much most of the season. He had a spell of three or four games where he was holding his shoulder and he hasn’t seemed himself since! We so badly needed Sancho to be able to give him some rest!

edcunited1878

Injured shoulder or not, if you can't even hit the target from where he missed last night with the space and time he had...you don't deserve any excuses. Take it like a MBE and improve upon it.

You swear like players never play through injuries. He's not wearing a shoulder harness or anything visible like that. He's taken his knocks and gotten back up. If you're carrying an injury, you're going to compensate for it physically but the inconsistent decision making, poor touches, inability to hit the target when there's no excuse not to...those are developmental issues, not injury issues.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Injured shoulder or not, if you can't even hit the target from where he missed last night with the space and time he had...you don't deserve any excuses. Take it like a MBE and improve upon it.

You swear like players never play through injuries. He's not wearing a shoulder harness or anything visible like that. He's taken his knocks and gotten back up. If you're carrying an injury, you're going to compensate for it physically but the inconsistent decision making, poor touches, inability to hit the target when there's no excuse not to...those are developmental issues, not injury issues.
Injuries can indeed negatively influence your concentration at key moments leading to things like poor touches, missing sitters etc.

Foxbatt

If has an injury he should not be playing. He has been terrible especially as a team player. Thinks he can dribble past an entire team all on his own.

edcunited1878

Injuries can indeed negatively influence your concentration at key moments leading to things like poor touches, missing sitters etc.
Yes, but he's not injured to that point. Technique and knowing what you're going to do in situations help you in those key moments. If he is restricted in those situations, why not help out the team in other ways?

Press better, make runs that open up space for teammates, etc. You have to learn how to play through injuries and still make positive impacts, this isn't his first injury. Stop giving him the benefit of the doubt when it's clear he's just not as good as we need him or want him to be at this moment.

Dr. Dwayne

Yes, but he's not injured to that point. Technique and knowing what you're going to do in situations help you in those key moments. If he is restricted in those situations, why not help out the team in other ways?

Press better, make runs that open up space for teammates, etc. You have to learn how to play through injuries and still make positive impacts, this isn't his first injury. Stop giving him the benefit of the doubt when it's clear he's just not as good as we need him or want him to be at this moment.
I've had a shoulder injury that resulted in an aggravated nerve, so I'm sympathetic because that level of pain is significant. It's possible that Rashford has a similar condition as the result of his injury.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
make all the little child like responses you want, but its facts and truths and the timeline proves that as does history with what I wrote about his agent, so if not prove other wise, nah dont think so, the usually from your kind
The timeline proves you’re talking (incoherently) out your arse.

This article is from October 2019, when he started a campaign to feed Manchester’s homeless . This article is from March 2020, when he had already started campaigning to feed hungry kids.

He signed with Jay-Z’s agency in April 2020.

edcunited1878

I've had a shoulder injury that resulted in an aggravated nerve, so I'm sympathetic because that level of pain is significant. It's possible that Rashford has a similar condition as the result of his injury.
That might be the case, but by the way he runs, moves, accepts contact, etc., it doesn't seem to be troubling him so much that it hinders his technique. I too have had shoulder injuries that lock up the tendons and tissues up towards your neck and shoulders. Couldn't run properly, couldn't lift my arm above my shoulder in any direction.

And sorry you had to experience that shoulder injury and discomfort. Issues with nerves can be very troubling, so hopefully you've gotten past it and covered from it.

DoomSlayer

That might be the case, but by the way he runs, moves, accepts contact, etc., it doesn't seem to be troubling him so much that it hinders his technique. I too have had shoulder injuries that lock up the tendons and tissues up towards your neck and shoulders. Couldn't run properly, couldn't lift my arm above my shoulder in any direction.

And sorry you had to experience that shoulder injury and discomfort. Issues with nerves can be very troubling, so hopefully you've gotten past it and covered from it.
The only way players play through injuries is thanks to strong painkillers. Doesn't mean that we should keep putting so much pressure on one player, who has had to play through injury in a second consecutive season.

patty123

This article is from October 2019, when he started a campaign to feed Manchester’s homeless . This article is from March 2020, when he had already started campaigning to feed hungry kids.

First link you provide is worthless as did you even go through it ? seems not seen as you mention food yet article stated he gave out glove, hand Sanitizer, toothbrushes etc

Second one is just as worthless as what you think he just woke up one morning in April and say, damn, I want the meth dealer as my agent, talks would have been going on since start of the year like in any kind of deal.

If you reply wont be able to answer till morrow as all out of posts, just in case you think I be ignoring you even thought still on site.

Dr. Dwayne

If it's similar to what I had I can see it affecting concentration at times. I never had it as a player but other knocks I'd pick up (especially to the head or ribs) could interfere. Not that I was any good but these things certainly didn't help my already shitty touch :lol:

Credit to him for trying to play through it but the coaching staff should give him a rest now and then.

Cheers, it's coming back a bit lately, minus the nerve pain, but I do a lot of massage therapy so should be alright. it got bad because I ignored the original problems similar to some of your symptoms and ended up with a ganglion cyst that compressed the nerve. My best mate had a similar problem recently. He's normally as tough as they come and he admitted that the pain was the worst thing he'd felt in his life, which made me feel a bit better about my own experience.

POF

His main issue is his lack of work rate. Players drop in and out of form all the time but when you do absolutely nothing defensively, a form slump makes your contribution negligible.

Heinzesight

The supposed injury may explain why he never challenges for headers anymore. Or he’s just not committed which his body language and face like a slapped arse suggests. But remember that innocuous shoulder tug months ago when he was in agony? Must be something in it. Shoulders take a stupid amount of time to heal.

If he is injured then just rest the fecker or do the operation now. The club pay his wages so I couldn’t give two shits if he missed the Euros. The club’s priority should be making sure he’s 100% for next season if what Winter is saying is true. Southgate won’t be selecting him on this form anyway...(I know he will).

Not that I think it's at all relevant to his performance thread - or backs up the craziness you're responding to - but he was actually being informally managed by Roc way before the announcement in April.

To break into the UK market prior to their UK base opening in January 2020, Roc offered a number of players - including Rashford - essentially a try before you buy period of representation. He's been repped by Kelly Hogarth from Roc since May 2019.

Most of their British based clients were in the Roc Nation Box at the Super Bowl in February 2020, prior to being officially announced.

It is an interesting topic, how Roc Nation are 'changing the game' in terms of sports PR in this country - not necessarily for the better imo - but probably for another thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.