g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shahzy

You’d have to feel he’s probably fully fallen behind Sancho now too. I get that he wanted to go and be with the lads, they are the fellas he’d be recovering with on holiday anyway and hes always selected for England so I understand that’s his group and it would be a shame to miss it, especially if they win it but If this isn’t a reminder to him that his place is actually in serious jeopardy long term then I don’t know what else will be. Southgate clearly values work rate. Surely he didn’t think he’d rock up and just walk into the team on his 2021 form? I’d say he knew it himself and just went in case he was needed. The competition for places in that 3 is intense. Playing him in every game would have actually been the kind of mistake past england managers would have made picking the side on reputation and past output.
Yeh thats what i respect Southgate for doing. He isnt playing anyone on name as far as i can tell. You either show him you're playing well right here right now, or you dont play. Rashford is a CLEAR step down from Sterling, Sancho and debately Saka right now

shahzy

I'm guessing his vocal anti-Trump sentiments. The MAGA inbreds are a vicious bunch online.
That and combine that with being the best of all time and Kobe, Jordan evangelists not coping well to seeing their idols dethroned

Rolaholic

Bloody hell what has LeBron done to have about 4x as much abuse as the second highest?
He's been the highest profile athlete in the world that isn't afraid or shy of wading into controversial and hot button societal issues and topics so there's been a lot of politically motivated pushback against him. He's probably the most hated athlete in America as a result even though he's one of the most popular by the same token.

Peoples opinions of him often reflect their own political opinions.

I'm afraid the same thing is going on with Rashford given his charitable efforts making the sitting government look bad often, supportes of said government like dislike him because of that and how he's the picture a modern athlete using his profile and influence to try to achieve positive aims within society that hit close to home for a lot of people during hyper polarized times.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Bloody hell what has LeBron done to have about 4x as much abuse as the second highest?
Could be the support of the Chinese State against Hong Kong and trying to silence his fellow athletes who spoke out against the CCP at the time. And his rather really bad (and therefore hypocritical) stances on American social issues, that are the reasons why he get's abuse.

Swiss_Red89

Disgusting
Wow, that's incredible....

I try to find logical explanations for it. Okay he can be frustrating and his decision making is still very hit and miss, but never in a million years does that justifiy this amount of hate. If he was absolutely dogshit for years now and not able to pass a ball okay, I would understand. But the man is producing constantly for United. And outside of the pitch he's a very down to earth lad, has no scandals and stands up for the people. So why is he hated so much on social media?

The only logical explanation for me is, that we might have the biggest fanbase of the world but with too many Idiots in it.

Last edited:

I try to find logical explanations for it. Okay he can be frustrating and his decision making is still very hit and miss, but never in a million years does that justifiy this amount uf hate. If he was absolutely dogshit for years now and not able to pass a ball okay, I would understand. But the man is producing constantly for United. And outside of the pitch he's a very down to earth lad, has no scandals and stands up for the people. So why is he hated so much on social media?

The only logical explanation for me is, that we might have the biggest fanbase of the world but with too many Idiots in it.
The only logical explanation is that he has a big profile. The bigger the profile the more abuse.

Unfortunately it’s a mixture of our own ‘fans’ and others.

its got nothing to do with what he does on the pitch, obviously that wouldn’t justify any abuse, it’s just people see more of him than other black footballers.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Disgusting
No surprise Rashford and Lebron are two of the most socially active athletes on the list. There are too many deolorables around and some are a united fans.

Last edited:

Adisa

He dares to speak up on the social injustice facing black people in his country.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

I try to find logical explanations for it. Okay he can be frustrating and his decision making is still very hit and miss, but never in a million years does that justifiy this amount uf hate. If he was absolutely dogshit for years now and not able to pass a ball okay, I would understand. But the man is producing constantly for United. And outside of the pitch he's a very down to earth lad, has no scandals and stands up for the people. So why is he hated so much on social media?

Its just mad - the guy is not perfect but I love watching him because he plays for the shirt more than anyone else - literally breathes for Manchester United.

Adisa

Could be the support of the Chinese State against Hong Kong and trying to silence his fellow athletes who spoke out against the CCP at the time. And his rather really bad (and therefore hypocritical) stances on American social issues, that are the reasons why he get's abuse.
Case in point.

Adisa

Except that is what he did and said, there's a reason why Zlatan told him to shut up. He's an awful man.
Zlatan was talking nonsense. Essentially said only politicians should speak about politics. Lebron has as much a right to discuss social/political issues as anyone.

Rolaholic

Zlatan was talking nonsense. Essentially said only politicians should speak about politics. Lebron has as much a right to discuss social/political issues as anyone.
Some people believe that athletes should be automatons and keep quiet about the world around them.

Rashford is a remarkable young man not just for what he's done for us on the pitch but also using his platform to address and influence change on social causes that hit close to home for him and millions.

Shame that doing objective good also seems to enrage a certain segment of the population regardless but that's the world we live in today

Stacks

I'm guessing his vocal anti-Trump sentiments. The MAGA inbreds are a vicious bunch online.
That and combine that with being the best of all time and Kobe, Jordan evangelists not coping well to seeing their idols dethroned
It multifaceted

1) pretty much started the free agency super team trend by leaving his boyhood team to team up with other STARS ushering an unfavoured culture in current NBA
2) Quite self absorbed and self promoting compared to other stars (Self Proclaimed King)
3) outspoken and stands for something
4) Successful as hell
5) Jordan and Kobe stans
6) can appear misinformed in some political positions but tweets about them anyway
7) can appear hypocritical and politician-like in his careful selection of issues to speak up on
8) Owned by Nike
9) "Chosen one" tattoo
10) Passive aggressiveness when dealing with media and speaking on his teammates

GlasgowCeltic

Credit to Rashford, if its a choice of aggravating your injury to be involved in a potential home Euros victory, or rest up and get ready for the latest top four battle, youd take your chances

spiriticon

He's almost gonna win the Euros and he didn't even have to break his shoulder to do it. Good lad.

Stacks

I think Zlatan was speaking more on promoting certain parties as opposed to speaking on social justice. His fav sportsman was Ali because he stood up for social justice.

Disgusting
Unsurprisingly it's fake...just easy promo for a betting group. It works too. Their other tweets get like 6 engagements and this one got 1000s, as well as massive distribution outside Twitter.

Even more unsurprisngly, Fox News appear to be the first ones to fall for the bait.

Last time it was NBC, although they at least qualified it with 'the study claims to have found' which makes it a tiny bit better.

Frank White

Unsurprisingly it's fake...just easy promo for a betting group. It works too. Their other tweets get like 6 engagements and this one got 1000s, as well as massive distribution outside Twitter.

Even more unsurprisngly, Fox News appear to be the first ones to fall for the bait.

Last time it was NBC, although they at least qualified it with 'the study claims to have found' which makes it a tiny bit better.
Where is that from?

redrobed

No surprise Rashford and Lebron are two of the most socially active athletes on the list. There are too many deolorables around and some are a united fans.
sorry but that’s not true. It’s more than likely the English behind this - I’d say Liverpool/City fans.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
sorry but that’s not true. It’s more than likely the English behind this - I’d say Liverpool/City fans.
have you read the CAF? I can almost guarantee a % of the abuse is from so called United supporters

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph

The internet can be such a pile of shit. Everything seems to be done just to get a rise out of one side or the other.
And everyone has a fecking side

UnitedRepublic

Can we keep defending him next season if he is struggling since he choose to go to the euros knowing,
that he needs to have surgery ?

Can we keep defending him next season if he is struggling since he choose to go to the euros knowing,
Perhaps we support out players and their aspirations to play international football for their country.

England have been fortunate not to have had any injuries, if Kane and Sterling were out, no doubt he would have been needed more.

Lentwood

So, just thought I'd check-in to see how this thread is going.

World-class talent Marcus Rashford can't get on the pitch for England ahead of Sterling, Grealish, Foden, Sancho or Saka. As usual, we're going with "it's because he's carrying an injury".

I would have thought the medical teams at United and England would know more about the severity of his injury than random people on the Internet but hey, what do I know?

Clearly England decided to waste a squad position on an injured player because he's a good laugh around the swimming pool and Utd are OK with that because we only pay him £300K a week so what's the harm if he makes this injury worse and misses the start of the season?

Also, there's no precedent for other Utd players who would have made this squad missing it so they can recover from injuries, as long as you ignore Greenwood and Henderson.

Could it be, possibly, maybe, potentially, at all even remotely possible that he just isn't as good as Sterling, Saka, Grealish, Sancho or Foden?

Cue bombardment of stats from people saying "Rashford's stats blah blah blah something"

Don't get too upset about it, its only my opinion. My prediction is he will start fewer games next season as we see clear evidence that Greenwood, Sancho and Pogba are better options in the wide-forward positions. Can still raise his game. Can still be a good squad player. Really needs to start knuckling down now. The time for excuses is over in my book.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
300k, I thought he was on 600k per week.

Yeah sure Greenwood would have made the squad, anything for the sake of it :lol:

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
By we you don't include yourself in that do you as given your limited number of posts it doesn't take a lot of time to see a number of thinly veiled digs at Rashford from yourself (seems to be mostly when you're defending Martial)

0le

So, just thought I'd check-in to see how this thread is going.

World-class talent Marcus Rashford can't get on the pitch for England ahead of Sterling, Grealish, Foden, Sancho or Saka. As usual, we're going with "it's because he's carrying an injury".

I would have thought the medical teams at United and England would know more about the severity of his injury than random people on the Internet but hey, what do I know?

Clearly England decided to waste a squad position on an injured player because he's a good laugh around the swimming pool and Utd are OK with that because we only pay him £300K a week so what's the harm if he makes this injury worse and misses the start of the season?

Also, there's no precedent for other Utd players who would have made this squad missing it so they can recover from injuries, as long as you ignore Greenwood and Henderson.

Could it be, possibly, maybe, potentially, at all even remotely possible that he just isn't as good as Sterling, Saka, Grealish, Sancho or Foden?

Cue bombardment of stats from people saying "Rashford's stats blah blah blah something"

Don't get too upset about it, its only my opinion. My prediction is he will start fewer games next season as we see clear evidence that Greenwood, Sancho and Pogba are better options in the wide-forward positions. Can still raise his game. Can still be a good squad player. Really needs to start knuckling down now. The time for excuses is over in my book.
All the players you mentioned are genuinely good players, so there is no shame if Rashford cannot get ahead of them, particularly during his present poor form.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just seen a tweet from united that shows rashford jumping in a pool.

How can he be jumping in pools if he’s carrying a serious injured like we’re led to believe?

Crimson King

Just seen a tweet from united that shows rashford jumping in a pool.

How can he be jumping in pools if he’s carrying a serious injured like we’re led to believe?
Is this supposed to be sarcastic? Because jumping into a pool is a lot different from running around a football pitch at the elite level of the sport for over 90 minutes...

He's literally jumping into a body of water...how much strain do you think that puts on your body? There's a reason they all muck about in the pool as part of their recovery.

KennyBurner

That tweet has to be fake. I promise you Rashford is not relevant enough to illicit all the hate. It should have been obvious when we saw Pogba below him.

Status
Not open for further replies.