Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I wonder how highly is he rated by Southgate. Kane is preferred up front, he has a lot of competition on wings so it's understandable he doesn't play much.

I still think we and England would rather benefit in turning him into a striker.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Trippier seemed scared to play the ball in behind for him. He passed back when the opportunity was on a couple of times..
So did Mount but then when you come on when it's 3 or 4-0 obviously the intensity to try the harder balls just isn't there which then results in the likes of Rashford trying to score the wonder solo goal to make any kind of real impact in the limited minutes he has

PoTMS

He's still got his head down and running into players. He had 30 minutes today to express himself and looked pretty poor again with the limited touches he had. In hindsight, he should have sat this tournament out as he's not contributed to anything and will be now also out for United at the beginning of the season.

bsCallout

He's still got his head down and running into players. He had 30 minutes today to express himself and looked pretty poor again with the limited touches he had. In hindsight, he should have sat this tournament out as he's not contributed to anything and will be now also out for United at the beginning of the season.
Couldn't disagree more. He put his head down and actually went round players and played some great 1-2s. Thought he was impressive in the few minutes he got against a deep lying team.

What is interesting is how different Sancho and Rashford are, and I think that's a great thing. I think we'll see Sancho playing a lot of balls for Rashford running in behind. :drool:

CG1010

The decision to not get surgery may have looked like the right decision early on but looks more and more stupid over time as Rashford's performances and confidence has both dropped off the cliff. He and Ole need to get their head shaken up and fix this colossal mis-management.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He's not sure if he'll have surgery nor does he know how long he'd be out if he did.

It doesn't sound like surgery is likely. Him and his team would surely have a plan in place by now with all the details worked out.
Could you share some quotes/links or is this speculation on your part?

Idxomer

I'm starting to believe he isn't gonna do the surgery even after the Euros.

Born2Lose

Thought he was being rested for England's early games, but it's getting pretty obvious that Southgate doesn't fancy him, Sancho and Grealish must be higher on the list. With a possible two competitive games left it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he won't get another minute. Seems a moronic decision on that basis for him to even go and not instead get the surgery.

It's going to be a hard season for him, I think something clicked towards the end of the season for Greenwood and he now mentally feels comfortable playing at this level. Add in a very impressive performance from Sancho last night and Rashford really needs to step it up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Commentator yesterday said he still has shoulder issues. Should have the surgery asap. I thought he looked decent yesterday. Had the beating if their RB. I think running into blind alleys is something he will do all of his career. He gets his head down and tries to run past his man. I just hope he will be more consistent.

spiriticon

I'm just thankful Southgate is really limiting his minutes. Get him back in one piece, get his surgery done and Martial can start LW for the start of the season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Rashford is being called stupid by Fans for not going and doing his surgery- yet he could be an Euro 2020 winner in 2 games time.

Think he won’t regret it if that does happen.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Why do all the posters insist he has surgery? Do they have more inside knowledge; more than the medical staff?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Why do all the posters insist he has surgery? Do they have more inside knowledge; more than the medical staff?
"I have to decide after. It is either an operation or I don't get an operation," he said. "Probably [on] my shoulder but I'm not 100% sure if I need it yet. So, I will just take it as it comes. I will finish strong here and like I said I have got a few weeks off to just relax and decide what I am going to do."

"The doctors have not said yet," he said. "The reason I don't know is that when the season was going, and before I came here, I knew there was no chance I was going to be getting the operation so I did not know how long the operation would put me out for.

"I never bothered to ask the question. I am fully concentrated on here. When the tournament is finished then I will ask the question."

What do you.make of those quotes

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Big season for him coming up. He’s been overtaken for England and has more pressure on his place for United with Sancho and Greenwood.
He was far better than Greenwood last season. I think he will be fine as long as he is fit. Our most consistent goal threat.

-Supreme-

Ole on Rashford injuries in early April.

‘I don’t pick players when we know there is a risk,’ he added.

‘There’s always a risk when you step out on to the pitch, but if the physio says it’s too much of a risk I would never pick him.

‘Now, Marcus joined in training this morning and let’s see how he reacts.

‘If there’s any risk of making this worse, I’m not going to overplay him. His back has recovered, but he’s a tough one and he wants to play, he wants to give his all for Man United.

‘We’ll listen to what he says like we did on Saturday when he came off and said it was too sore.’

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
"I have to decide after. It is either an operation or I don't get an operation," he said. "Probably [on] my shoulder but I'm not 100% sure if I need it yet. So, I will just take it as it comes. I will finish strong here and like I said I have got a few weeks off to just relax and decide what I am going to do."

"The doctors have not said yet," he said. "The reason I don't know is that when the season was going, and before I came here, I knew there was no chance I was going to be getting the operation so I did not know how long the operation would put me out for.

"I never bothered to ask the question. I am fully concentrated on here. When the tournament is finished then I will ask the question."

What do you.make of those quotes
That it’s a possibility that it can be treated medically and with rehab. Resorting to surgery is pretty much if they have no option.
Fingers crossed it can be sorted. I just hope it doesn’t drag on like the Bryan Robson situation which affected his Utd and International career

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
That it’s a possibility that it can be treated medically and with rehab. Resorting to surgery is pretty much if they have no option.
Fingers crossed it can be sorted. I just hope it doesn’t drag on like the Bryan Robson situation which affected his Utd and International career
He has basically admitted he hasn't even asked for a medical opinion because "there was no chance i was getting the surgery before the euros" It shows me some incredible stupidity from both rashford and Manchester United. If it was me , you find out all the information you can from medical experts and then evaluate the risk reward of you playing or getting surgery. What it sounds like to me is he has decided himself , definitely no surgery and after the euros I'll get the information to make a decision.

Siezard

Southgate does not show enough respect to Rashford MBE. He should rightfully play Rashford more so the latter can score more goals and win the Euro for England.

bsCallout

Rashford is being called stupid by Fans for not going and doing his surgery- yet he could be an Euro 2020 winner in 2 games time.

Think he won’t regret it if that does happen.
Exactly, it's a no-brainer. Imagine missing out on being a Euro 2020 winner because of a niggling injury. It's not even like he's been bad when he has come on, thought he's looked dangerous.

charlenefan

Thought he was being rested for England's early games, but it's getting pretty obvious that Southgate doesn't fancy him, Sancho and Grealish must be higher on the list. With a possible two competitive games left it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he won't get another minute. Seems a moronic decision on that basis for him to even go and not instead get the surgery.

It's going to be a hard season for him, I think something clicked towards the end of the season for Greenwood and he now mentally feels comfortable playing at this level. Add in a very impressive performance from Sancho last night and Rashford really needs to step it up.
If Southgate didn't fancy him he wouldn't be in the squad, if Southgate didn't fancy him Sancho, Foden, Grealish, DCL would have got all the sub minutes Rashford has got

What is clear is that Sterling is Southgate's first choice on the left wing (can't argue with that really given Sterling has got the goals in the tournament) and Rashford is the 12th man/first sub

stw2022

We were told his awful form in the second of the season was because he desperately needed surgery and many were chastised for criticising how he was playing.

Will be a turn up if it turns out he never needed surgery in the first place

Dante

Average bang
We were told his awful form in the second of the season was because he desperately needed surgery and many were chastised for criticising how he was playing.

Will be a turn up if it turns out he never needed surgery in the first place
No it won't.

Human beings have the ability to heal naturally over time. I don't know if you've ever met one of us, but it's quite a common occurrence.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Thank you. I find the injury part of the quotes quite disturbing myself. Never even asked how long he'd be out for? Still not sure if he needs surgery? Incredible and not in a good way.
If the shoulder issue is what I think it is, it can resolve itself pretty well without surgery.

I'm more concerened about the ankle injury and hope it is healing up.

stw2022

No it won't.

Human beings have the ability to heal naturally over time. I don't know if you've ever met one of us, but it's quite a common occurrence.

Not really. Your kind get over niggles, sure. Not convinced a human athlete can go from being desperately in need of surgery for months to suddenly curing themselves a couple of weeks later sitting on the bench

It’s not like there was a notable improvement as the season went on, which would perhaps suggest an injury healing itself

Suspect he’ll be back in need of surgery he won’t end up having the moment people start to notice his form again. So unlucky to suffer an injury devastating to his form yet fortuitously requires him to miss absolutely no game time.

Not saying it is the case but it seems indistinguishable from ‘If I play badly it means I’m injured’

Don’t blame him for putting off surgery for the Euros but if it turns out his performances fell off a cliff for months just because he needed to take a couple of weeks off to take care of a niggle then I think there’s questions to be answered

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
If the shoulder issue is what I think it is, it can resolve itself pretty well without surgery.

I'm more concerened about the ankle injury and hope it is healing up.
I'm more concerned that our medical team hasn't told the player what the issue is and whether he needs surgery. They only see him a few times a week for 7/8 months. Are those quotes concerning to you doc?

stw2022

I'm more concerned that our medical team hasn't told the player what the issue is and whether he needs surgery. They only see him a few times a week for 7/8 months. Are those quotes concerning to you doc?
I don’t doubt he’s carrying niggling injuries but I don’t think any competent medical staff would allow a player to carry on playing for so long, missing so little game time, if he had a injury or injuries that required surgery. Certainly not at this level with the medical team we have. It would surely encroach into negligence otherwise.

If he struggled for fitness in second half of season and his minutes were managed to get the most out of him whilst trying not to further aggravate his injuries, it would be one thing. But I don’t remember that happening. None of the usual management of a players injury that you normally see, happened.

If the medical staff knew they were working with a player with an injury, possibly multiple, that may require surgery and they just left him on the pitch pretty much for 90 mins every game week in week, then that’s a huge issue. But I don’t believe that’s what happened. He’s probably been struggling to shake off a niggle, it’s never presented itself as issue requiring him to miss any game time but it’s evolved to this thing where he “needs surgery” because that’s an easier answer than admitting he just had a very poor second half of the season

Swiss_Red89

Anyone see him in the celebrations ?:nervous:
Haven't seen him in any celebrations in the whole euros...Didn't bother to post about it but he seems to go the dressing room right after every final wistle. He looks happy in the pics between the games but he certainly is not happy to be second choice.

We could hope he will be motivated to prove a point next season.
Or he somehow will bring it home with a penalty or a substitute goal against Italy :wenger:

charlenefan

Intrigued. Why? Was he just absent?

actually think this tournament is a good wake up call for him. Hopefully comes back stronger nxt season with a point to prove
a wake up call in terms of why the feck did I bother to delay my surgery for this yeah?

OverratedOpinion

Intrigued. Why? Was he just absent?

actually think this tournament is a good wake up call for him. Hopefully comes back stronger nxt season with a point to prove
He was responsible for over 30 goals from out wide last season whilst carrying an injury for 4 months, what does he need to wake up to?

charlenefan

haha yeah, probably. How many minutes has he managed?
After tonight only DCL, Coady and Chilwell have less minutes than him. I think he's played a total of 80 minutes across the 6 games

Status
Not open for further replies.