Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Thought he looked alright. Looked sharper physically and mentally.

He's very much a starting player though. He needs to work himself into a game as he's usually a sloppy starter but can England/Southgate afford that ? the fact he's starting on the bench suggests ,rightfully, not.

Though, I must say , I cant recall him ever being a instant impact player from the bench.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Thought he looked alright. Looked sharper physically and mentally.

He's very much a starting player though. He needs to work himself into a game as he's usually a sloppy starter but can England/Southgate afford that ? the fact he's starting on the bench suggests ,rightfully, not.

Though, I must say , I cant recall him ever being a instant impact player from the bench.
Remember his hat trick vs Leipzig?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What the feck was the point of him going to this tournament? It's now been confirmed he has multiple injuries he needs to address, but his role so far is mostly being played out of position and coming on when the game has died.

He should have stayed at home and received the required attention
Yep. I mean you can't dog the boy for wanting to show up for his country, but man he really should've taken the Euros off to get the treatment he needs asap.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Oh yeah. :lol:
Always had it in my mind he started.
Has been a long season :lol:. Also under Mourinho when Martial/Rashford had to fight for the left wing for some time. They both had some very good matches coming from the bench and would be quite poor are starters rather.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Has been a long season :lol:. Also under Mourinho when Martial/Rashford had to fight for the left wing for some time. They both had some very good matches coming from the bench and would be quite poor are starters rather.
Yeah. :D

Anyone else feel he looks really buffed up at the moment ?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Yeah. :D

Anyone else feel he looks really buffed up at the moment ?
Think he has a great physique, ideal for his height, style of play, position and age. Looking like a real man. Bale/Ronaldo type of physique.

romufc

There is no point judging his performances for England this summer. He has come on on all 3 occassions when the manager has decided to the team will stop playing, take the result and shut up shop.

Instead of getting the ball to him quickly and exposing the RB, the players play it slow and with no real urgency to attack.

He is no worse than what Sterling is doing at the moment

saivet

We've already known it but he's admitted that he's played through injuries for most of the season. I do worry that he may decide not to have an operation after the Euros as he doesn't want to miss any football.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Good lad. It's been clear to us all that he is nursing an injury, and has been for ages. I hope they can get him sorted out in the off-season. A fully fit and rested Rashford is a huge weapon to have on our squad. He's really got a top mentality. If we had a better squad he'd not have had to have played through it.

SAF is the GOAT

Stupid boy, you had your chance to take some rest for the season and recover but you are so stubborn.

Make the damn surgeries in your shoulder and foot if it makes the pain go away even if you'll miss the start of the season.

If he'll keep up like that he won't be the same at the age of 28, 29 like Wazza did.

Womp

idiot
21 goals and 15 assists in a season where he has been playing with an injury (injuries?) that possibly require an operation is ridiculous imo. Going to be excited to see a fully fit, rested Rashford with Sancho next season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

We've already known it but he's admitted that he's played through injuries for most of the season. I do worry that he may decide not to have an operation after the Euros as he doesn't want to miss any football.
That would be stupid decision, if they try to postpone it or try to manage it again this season. Player himself said injury had impact on his performance, it's better to get it sorted. We have good enough players (also if we sign Sancho even better) to go through few games without him.

meamth

We all can make sense because we are not professional players.

Players generally had like what, 10-15 years of top flight football? only 4-5 times for major international tournaments?

It's difficult to stop chasing your dreams, if doctors doesn't stop you, why should you?

Dante

Average bang
He's played only 133 minutes of football in the last 30 days with England since the EL final. Though, presumably, he's also been taking part in light training sessions with the national team.

I think that's a really good situation for him to be in from a United point-of-view. His body's getting plenty rest to heal itself from the intensity of top level matches, but is still getting enough activity to keep sharp before pre-season. In that respect, it's definitely better than him spending the summer dossing about in Dubai or Miami.

It wouldn't surprise me if Southgate puts him up against Gosens on Tuesday. But I actually think his fitness is being managed quite well overall. If things keep going this way, I'd love it if Sterling and Kane were shattered for the start of the season but Rashford came back raring to go.

BFernandes

I'm curious.

How does a injured shoulder that's being managed translate to consistently poor on field decisions and a desire to take on 3 or 4 opposition players at every moment?

His poor form is down to his decision making, not any sort of injury that he's managing.

romufc

I'm curious.

How does a injured shoulder that's being managed translate to consistently poor on field decisions and a desire to take on 3 or 4 opposition players at every moment?

His poor form is down to his decision making, not any sort of injury that he's managing.
Its not just his shoulder though is it? He also has an ankle problem.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'm curious.

He's also got a foot injury is what they said a few weeks ago. I don't know about you but pain can definitely be a distraction for me.

Glorio

I'm curious.

You're distracted, a lot of your attention goes to trying to manage the pain and trying to avoid getting hurt while playing, in fact some times you may also be trying to prove to yourself that you're Ok. All these can lead to bad/rushed decisions on the pitch.

A fit player on the other hand has his mind purely occupied with trying to hurt or stop the opposing team. At the elite level, it makes a massive difference

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'm curious.

I suspect you’ve never sprinted and changed direction like Rashford does regularly with a sore shoulder. Most creative choices are split second decisions, timing is what makes it work.

Glorio

He sounds unsure that he'll even have the surgery. :confused:
Someone needs to have a word with the boy. I would expect by now that one of our ex players would have reached out - he needs to stop being so "brave" or committed and look after himself, and consequently his team. Ole needs to take responsibility here I believe.

I'm no doctor but if you have a shoulder tear (and whatever else) and you don't let it heal well, before jumping back to playing football at an elite level, surely you'll have issues?

If it were a thigh or calf muscle, I'm sure it wouldn't even be a discussion, thing though is we don't know which part of his body is currently overcompensating for his shoulder, and that could result in other problems down the line.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Don’t understand why he was picked for the Euros.

Whether due to his injury or Southgate preferring other options, he’s barely played. England have Grealish, Sancho, Sterling, Foden for the wings, they could have done without him.

pascell

He should get that surgery and back to being 100% fit, the longer he goes on being injured, the more it impacts the longevity of his career.

We'll be stacked for LW with Martial, James and Sancho for the start of the season.

BFernandes

Someone needs to have a word with him.

He's not going to be doing the team any favours if he opts against surgery, continues to just manage the problem, and his performances continue to underwhelm as a result.

Get the surgery, get the recovery done and come back 100%. It's better to have it now when there's something of a break rather than it being needed in the middle of a season. Shouldn't really be up for discussion.

Last edited:

Cloud7

He should definitely have the surgeries even if he misses some months at the start of the season. He hasn’t looked properly fit for over a year. Better for him and us in the long run if he gets it sorted, and I hope Ole and the club advise him as such.

Jaxa

I think it was almost a bit selfish of him going to the Euro's. I understand the pride to represent your country but you clearly need surgery and this summer would have been the perfect time to get it done, Manchester United are the club that pays his bills and he should be prioritising being fully fit as soon as possible for his club, instead he is playing a bit part at the Euros making his injuries even worse.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Someone needs to have a word with him.

He's not going to be doing the team any favours if he opts against surgery and continues to just manage the problem, and his performances continue to underwhelm as a result.

Get the surgery, get the recovery done and come back 100%. It's better to have it now when there's something of a break rather than it being needed in the middle of a season. Shouldn't really be up for discussion.
Exactly. Delaying benefits no one. Hopefully, fingers crossed, when we sign Sancho it will create the space for him to get this sorted.

The White Pele

With Greenwood taking a break now and with Sancho arriving soon, I really hope we do the sensible thing and give Rashford time to get himself right at the start of next season.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He should definitely have the surgeries even if he misses some months at the start of the season. He hasn’t looked properly fit for over a year. Better for him and us in the long run if he gets it sorted, and I hope Ole and the club advise him as such.
Agreed. He cannot go into the start of next season still injured and Ole cannot allow it to happen. It is beyond irresponsible at this stage.

28gunsalute

Fielding an injured player week in week out shows you how desperate OGS is to get the big earners out on the field to keep the fans happy.
It is a total disgrace. Rashford has been nothing but dreadful since christmas and needs to be 110% fit before we play him again.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bloke can't get a kick. A bit annoying he is going to miss the start of the season cause he delayed his surgery for this.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Bloke can't get a kick. A bit annoying he is going to miss the start of the season cause he delayed his surgery for this.
Was always going to be difficult for him to get game time after his issues last season. There wasn't much in it between him and Sterling performance wise but I think Sterling is justifying his inclusion. Foden, Grealish and Mount had better seasons than Rashford. I understand why Rashford wanted to go but with hindsight it would of been much better for him to have stayed at home, get whatever operations he needed and be fit for United as soon as possible.

Marwood

He's not sure if he'll have surgery nor does he know how long he'd be out if he did.

It doesn't sound like surgery is likely. Him and his team would surely have a plan in place by now with all the details worked out.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's not sure if he'll have surgery nor does he know how long he'd be out if he did.

It doesn't sound like surgery is likely. Him and his team would surely have a plan in place by now with all the details worked out.
I hope he has it cause he hasn't looked right all year.

SAF is the GOAT

For me Marcus needs to improve massively on his assists creating.
I now he absolutely loves it to take the ball into his right foot and shoot but he needs to feed the ball to the strikers more often and be a team player.

BlahRules

Not sure what's with Rashford but he isn't making the same impact you would expect from him. If it is because of the injury then no point playing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.