5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Why is his finishing so poor? Makes no sense to me, he gets into some great areas, does all the hard work and blows it. I don't know if this is something he can improve.
His finishing is better when he doesn't have time to think. That's always been the case with him.

MalcolmTucker

Cost us the game. We’ve got away with his slack finishing before but not tonight
:lol:

He had a mixed game - did some good things and some bad things, but you have to be demented to think he cost us the result when you had De Gea palming the ball to their forwards and hiding on his line in the last minute.

AaronRedDevil

His decision making is horrid at the worst possible times. Its like the more pressure we need a goal the worst he gets. Like that liverpool game when cavani was wide open to the counter and he decided to keep the ball. Great assist with his cross in that game and I'm not too mad he tried to score the open goal at that angle. When cavani was open. Just feck.

Shark

@NotShark
His finishing is better when he doesn't have time to think. That's always been the case with him.
Reminds me of Raheem Sterling in that regard, but at least he's still only 23 and can iron these things out in time.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
God, I'd just love to see him benched and replaced with some quality competition.

Heinzesight

Keep saying it every week, the more time he has, the worse his decision making is. All the talent in the World but so wasteful at times.

Nfplee

Scored a good goal earlier in the season and against Bournemouth towards the end of last season where he cut back on himself and fooled everyone. Trouble is he tries that now all the time even when running at players and it never works. Even worse is when he loses it he just stands there and doesn’t bother to get it back.

Idxomer

He has so much talent but needs a lot of honing to maximize them which I'm afraid will never happen.

He'll remain this inconsistent player who's always on the cusp of being truly great without ever reaching there.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
That’ll do it, someone just bloody tell him to finish
He clearly needs to be told to step it up. Apparently he’s very sensitive to criticism. Needs to step up majorly in the finishing department. Everything else? Awesome player but too many big moments pass him by.

kundalini

Superb cross for Cavani's goal. Terrible finishing for his two big chances. Did well coming back to defend near the end and one good run in the 2nd half when he was fouled by Michael Keane near the edge of the area. In the early stages of the match we seemed to lose possession every time the ball went to Rashford.

el3mel

Scored a good goal earlier in the season and against Bournemouth towards the end of last season where he cut back on himself and fooled everyone. Trouble is he tries that now all the time even when running at players and it never works. Even worse is when he loses it he just stands there and doesn’t bother to get it back.
He has become so lazy off the ball and no one in the coaching stuff seems to be interested in resolving this considering it doesn't change. He barely tracks back or does any defensive job at the moment.

I am sick of his attitude. Just sick of it. He is absolutely fantastic human being but as a player he is annoying me a lot this season. Some good moves and stats can't erase what he does 90 minutes. Not running, not chasing full backs and playing solo over and over and over again.

When you see Cavani desire and movement and then you look at our "young and hungry lions" Martial, Rashford and Greenwood..urghh, i am fuming here.
Agree with you on Rashford certainly...but I thought Greenwood was noticably better today in his work-rate. Tracked back well, covered Digne well on a couple of back post crosses. He even won the ball back to start a couple of attacks and did a lot of good pressing throughout.

Actually thought it was one of Greenwood's most well rounded games, even though he didn't end up on the statsheet with a goal or assist.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He did very well and got an assist. 3 goals were enough to win you games, he’s nowhere near part of the problem today. Keeper and centre backs were the problems.

He is why we need Sancho. 5 full seasons and still the same problems. We cant afford to carry him when hes out of form and we have no backup.

UnitedRepublic

He did very well and got an assist. 3 goals were enough to win you games, he’s nowhere near part of the problem today. Keeper and centre backs were the problems.
Yeah all is good as long as your name ain’t Anthony Martial and fluffing chances. Different strokes for different folks.

Acole9

Outstanding
He needs to have more faith in himself when in front of goal. There's been a few occasions now where he could've hit it first time but instead took a touch.

Bondi77

Paddy Crerand often talks about quick players not being the smartest and I think we have more than our fair share.

Zoo

He’s not a young player anymore and he needs to start ironing out these kinks in his game.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah all is good as long as your name ain’t Anthony Martial and fluffing chances. Different strokes for different folks.
If he produced nothing and missed chance then of course he will get criticised. Rashford produced assist today, involved lot in our attack and we scored 3 goals. Very irrelevant to mention martial in here, different scenario between the two of them.

stw2022

The problem with his decision making being a problem is that if it was just a learning curve or mistakes he makes because he’s wet behind the ears then at then it would have sorted itself out by the time he reached 250 senior appearances.

In terms of getting his head up and being aware of what’s around him Greenwood is already ahead of him.

Despite how aggressively people attack others for not being proper fans for noticing things like that, this isn’t a great sign for his development.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Feck off did he cost us the game.... That award goes to DDG.

100% should have finished them off at 3-2 but let's not act like the draw wasn't down to DDG.

Outside of that poor finish he closed down a lot better this game, and the delivery for the Cavani goal was superd. Needs to get some consistency in front of goal though, suppose its good he is getting into them positions but he has to be doing better when the opportunity presents itself.
He had 2 chances to finish the game that he should have taken. 4-2 and it’s goodnight, but instead we leave them in the game.

You can wave your top red flag all you want but the simple fact is he should be finishing those and he didn’t.

sp_107

He is Ole’s fav and he dorks have guts to bench rashford !! A few weeks on bench could help him to reassess his game !!
I couldn’t keep the count of rashford giving away ball in last 6/7 games and missing 1-2-1 chances !!! He has to quickly improve

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He has to take the ball to corner flag if it's above 90 minutes
Please don't be too selfish you can also pass. Don't try to shoot from weird angles- you are not Ronaldo yet.

In other words, fecking improve your intelligence.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Really has to get more confident on his left or in the air if he's going to be anything more than a spark plug type player. Because as someone we depend on to provide production in front of goal he's way too one dimensional. The decision making I've just come to accept, he's a selfish player which can still be okay if he can offer something more than a cut onto his right foot pile driver.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The route he is going down - the journey that he’s on, will only be worth it if he becomes one of the greatest forwards of a generation. Because only for a small handful of players, is the wrong decision also the right one. I mean, when you should pass, but choose to shoot, or when you should put your foot through it but decide to chip time and time again - you can only get away with it if you are Messi. Because Messi makes the chip. Or Messi takes what is seen to be the higher risk option to try and beat an extra player because he gets the higher reward of a clearer sight at goal on the other side.

Rashford is taking too many of those decisions at the moment. Part of me is patient with him, because I don’t know how good he can become IF he puts it all together and gets it right. However, the other part is regularly infuriated as the other choice always seems to be the most obvious one in comparison to the one he is taking.

There is no in between for him like this. He’ll either become a great or just be a wasteful, immature player.

Beautiful assist but otherwise dreadful. Indicative of a season where his stats make it appear he’s having a great year, whereas in reality a lot of his overall play and decision making have been well below par.

Also, and this may sound petty, but he seems to have picked up an annoying trait of wanting to look “cool”and casual at all times.

This is reflected in things like no longer tracking back very often, overplaying to try and turn easy chances into YouTube highlight real goals, standing still upon receiving the ball and rolling his foot over the ball for no apparent reason etc.

He’s clearly a good player overall who should become an excellent one, but FFS dude, you don’t need to try and play like prime Ronaldo, because you’re not that good. KISS.

Hoof the ball

Ole's main issue with Marcus is reinforcing Marcus' belief that he's (at this present moment) better than he actually is, by persistently picking him in the first IX and rarely bringing him off. Ole has to cease showing preferential treatment for mis-performing players. It's that simple. Martial has a bad game or two and he finds himself on the bench (no arguments there), but if Rashford has a string of double the bad games that Martial does it's a lock-in that Rashford will still keep his place. It's the wrong message to send to Rashford, and it's the wrong message to the squad. You either merit your place, or you don't. Preferential treatment encourages poor performances and complacency.

Renegade

Beautiful assist but otherwise dreadful. Indicative of a season where his stats make it appear he’s having a great year, whereas in reality a lot of his overall play and decision making have been well below par.

Also, and this may sound petty, but he seems to have picked up an annoying trait of wanting to look “cool”and casual at all times.

This is reflected in things like no longer tracking back very often, overplaying to try and turn easy chances into YouTube highlight real goals, standing still upon receiving the ball and rolling his foot over the ball for no apparent reason etc.

He’s clearly a good player overall who should become an excellent one, but FFS dude, you don’t need to try and play like prime Ronaldo, because you’re not that good. KISS.
This is very true! Martial suffers from this aswell. Very annoying especially when you see Cavani at 33 running around like a mad man for the cause.

Devil may care

Did a lot of good things tonight and that was a superb cross for Cavani's goal, but there were a couple of occasions where he got in and should have scored.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I believe in Marcus, but he is far from being a finished article.

That said, I'm getting worried we might miss on better players because we put all our money on Rashford making the step up.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As much as I love him, I do think he can be tremendously wasteful.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Good performance tonight. Was a constant threat and the cross for Cavani was about as good as goal.

His finishing is inconsistent. Always has been. He's got 16 goals already this season from left wing, so it's not like it stops him being one of our best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.