Marcus Rashford (Out) | Ornstein: United want to keep, will only consider substantial bids

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he'd fit right in there. I'd sell him there too, but for a much higher price than if PSG were interested.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Who's this
An unreliable supposed ITK most famous for claiming we were signing Griezmann and Benzema back in Wenger’s day. Has gotten a few things right but has been mostly wrong on big transfer rumors.

Last edited:

YSB99

Supports
Machester United FC
Wouldn’t even care if he went to a rival, would see it as weakening them tbh

stepic

Selling Rashford to Arsenal would be a brilliant strategy to sabotage their team

Rojofiam

Would be scary on that left side for Arsenal.

Really hope he stays. Has never been a problem when the team was collectively doing well. One of the best left wingers in Europe based on ability. Not gonna judge him in dysfunctional shit teams like 21/22 and 23/24, as we've seen what he can do in a better tactical setup:19/20, 20/21, 22/23. And he's never had the chance to play for a genuine title challenger side. I imagine he would shut up a lot of haters if he went to Arsenal. Having Rashford and Saka on the two wings would be unfair to the rest of the league.

JeffFromHK

Rashford team is playing the same "Ronaldo to Citeh" trick to cause panick on our side

AndySmith1990

Really hope he stays. Has never been a problem when the team was collectively doing well. One of the best left wingers in Europe based on ability. Not gonna judge him in dysfunctional shit teams like 21/22 and 23/24, as we've seen what he can do in a better tactical setup:19/20, 20/21, 22/23. And he's never had the chance to play for a genuine title challenger side. I imagine he would shut up a lot of haters if he went to Arsenal. Having Rashford and Saka on the two wings would be unfair to the rest of the league.
As soon as "hater" appears in a post it's a signal to automatically ignore the entirity of what's been said

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’d sell him to Arsenal no problem whatsoever. His best days are behind him and the distractions of London would be too much for him anyway. Rinse them for £80m+ and invest elsewhere.

Stadjer

He would only be scary if you think of him at his very best. When at his best he is great but he has not been at his best this year. Some of that might have to do with tactics or not having a left back to overlap and help him. Not passing, taking bad shots, sometimes being a bit lazy on the pitch and just not being able to get past his man in a one on one are more Rashford issues than tactic issues.

Rojofiam

As soon as "hater" appears in a post it's a signal to automatically ignore the entirity of what's been said
I'll rephrase. People who cannot judge a player's true talent and also criticize their attitude and dedication with absolutely no proof, which leads to dozens of posters on here thinking the likes of Mitoma and other, vastly inferior wingers are better than him.

I love defending extremely talented players whose stocks are low at the moment, especially if they're a United academy graduate.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
He would only be scary if you think of him at his very best. When at his best he is great but he has not been at his best this year. Some of that might have to do with tactics or not having a left back to overlap and help him. Not passing, taking bad shots, sometimes being a bit lazy on the pitch and just not being able to get past his man in a one on one are more Rashford issues than tactic issues.
I always think he plays and looks a lot better when Shaw is behind him, they have a good understanding and your left side is suddenly far more dangerous.

edgecutter

It'll be like us selling them welbeck. There's really nothing to be concerned about.

Rojofiam

He's never had the chance to play in a team as good as Arsenal have been for the last two seasons. If they seriously wanted him as well, that would mean they believe they can get him back to his best. Playing in a good environment, with better players around you, your team dominating possession every game, creating more chances, etc. would inevitably lead to a lot of goals and assists from Rashford. In a better team, he can show a level that we haven't seen from him.

ShinjiNinja26

Selling to a rival is an absolute no no for me. Even if I do think it’s time for a change of scenery for him. I’d rather sell to a team abroad for half the price than sell to a rival and watch him potentially rediscover his best form. Would be sickening watching him bang them in for another prem club.

Varun1

Have to agree, 'haters', 'cute' etc, there's no point when people use these terms.

On Rashford, yes please. I've wanted us to sell him for the past 3 years, even when he was scoring last year.

Another player who I feel hasn't improved, but that's partly on the managers.

SATA

Selling Danny Welbeck to them is okay, selling Rashford to them is absolutely not

Anyway it’s a bullshit source. I don’t even think he’ll contemplate joining them

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I’d sell him to Arsenal no problem whatsoever. His best days are behind him and the distractions of London would be too much for him anyway. Rinse them for £80m+ and invest elsewhere.
Yea agree - I’d have no problem selling them Rashers, although I’d say they need to put up at least £90m.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Personally, ive never questioned his ability, although he has some big technical flaws, he’s still an amazingly talented player. My issue with him is his attitude/application out on the pitch at times. I wouldn’t mind selling him if we got a big enough offer - and i actually think it might benefit him as well.

Robbie Boy

Yea agree - I’d have no problem selling them Rashers, although I’d say they need to put up at least £90m.
This place would be absolutely insufferable if he went there. It was insufferable enough with Welbeck there. Thankfully, it ain't gonna happen.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
AWB would absolutely pocket him if he played for Arsenal. He’d clean him once or twice and then Rashford would start walking around. One less thing to worry about.

OleGunnar20

Sell him anywhere if the price is right for me. He will never be consistently top level, and his bottom level is very poor when combined with his clear lack of effort.

Definitely the right time to sell if we can manage it.

GoldanoGraham

Have a feeling that he may well of shed a tear Saturday as he knows his time is up - probably best for both parties.

Paris bound if they don’t get Oshimen from Napoli

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Considering how Arteta was worked wonders with Havertz, you never know.

DontBeMeanToBeRuud

I think all 3 of Rashford, Sancho & Greenwood will be at United next season.

They are near almost impossible to move on due to wages and maybe even things like self mentality.

I also have a gut feeling that Sir Jim might be a bit lenient towards British players at United.

I can for example see him wanting the best British players at the club and may be already targeting players like Wharton, Gray, Guehi or Brantwaithe.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Have a feeling that he may well of shed a tear Saturday as he knows his time is up - probably best for both parties.

Paris bound if they don’t get Oshimen from Napoli
He did post on social media something about “this is what United means” or similar. Suggesting it was emotion to win with us rather than leaving, but who knows?

If we get £60m+ (AND INVEST IT WISELY), I’d sell. That is pure profit for FFP purposes and with amortisation rules, equates to quite a bit we can invest. Same as Greenwood and McTominay… sell all three and we’ll have a fortune available