Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he's been really poor so far. Good chest control for long balls of course, but he makes a foul verging on a yellow card so often and he's already picked one up, if he doesn't come off he's a guarantee to get a second yellow. Also with the ball at his feet I feel like he's given it away a lot today. He shouldn't be starting in the hole behind two strikers, doesn't really work. If we want to go direct, with a 4-4-2, and use him as a striker for crosses then by all means do it, don't put him at #10 when the other 5 attacking players around him all are more suited to the ball in their feet.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I don't know what game some of you are watching, he has been one of our best players!
How has he been one of our best players? He plays as a 10 and doesn't do anything except fouling and chesting down high balls

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Useless unless we're playing direct long ball at him. All he did today was make a large number of fouls.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
His control, hold-up and link-up play was better than most of our other attacking players.
He didn't create anything, no good pass into the danger area, he fouled a lot. He didn't offer anything today except a couple of balls that he chested down. Once he got the ball, he didn't do much with it. Are we a team that should just hoof the ball forwards?

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
He was at fault for Swansea's winning goal, just too slow to react. He really lacks the basics expected of a competitive top flight midfielder: poor work rate, stamina, inconsistent passing, positioning etc.. He is much better as an impact player not as a starter

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
He was shit and wouldnt stop giving away stupid fouls. I'd prefer him as an impact player to get us a goal after 60/70 minutes, I don't like him as a starter.

Raw

He was okay in the first half, pure distilled shite in the second. Very surprised he didn't get sent off. He had like 4 warnings before his first yellow!

thejtrain

I'm not entirely sure he knows what he does with the ball under his feet. Has got a decent header and a chest control in him but that's that.

BUGGS

Should never be starting a game for us. For his size, he is really shit in the air.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Granted our crossing and long balls are pathetic but for someone with his height his heading accuracy is utter sh!te, if he could head with some sort of direction he would actually be a threat in the air.

Ace of Spades

A poor performance from him.

I still think that he should be playing as one of the two strikers, rather than behind them. He is not suited there.

Count Orduck

He does his job when we want to go route one with ten minutes left, but he's useless at this actual football thing and should never start for us.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I thought he was alright until he played right up top. Then the football gets ugly and he's expected to work miracles from shit long balls where the opposition know it's coming to him, and he has 2 or 3 opponents around him. It is possible to go direct and put the ball into the box without just aiming everything to one man. It's so predictable.

Devil may care

Did well when moved higher up and focused on winning the Rojo punts, but playing as a link man in midfield is not his strong suit.

Roboc7

Terrible decision to play fellaini and two strikers, he should have played instead of RVP or not played at all.

Woodenlung

He just isn't good enough. Poor touch, can't pass and a foul machine. Being him on if we're chasing a game, but it's counter intuitive to play him in a side that's attempting to create chances through possession based football. He doesn't have the technique to fit in the side and he becomes an easy way out for our players to aim at instead of doing what they're supposed to.

Boycott

Either a striker or a conventional midfielder. Don't try and shoe-horn him to try and get a bit of both.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
On the one hand I thought he was poor but on the other I didn't want him taken off in case we had to go direct towards the end of the game. It's a tough call to make when he is basically our entire plan B.

Much prefer him coming off the bench as an impact player.

ZDwyr

I see he is back to copping more flak than he should. Two of the fouls he gave away weren't even fouls. Referees just blow their whistle whenever he is near somebody, it must drive him insane. Anyway, I thought he was average. Wasn't as bad as many are saying here. I'd prefer him a little deeper in midfield where he can help Blind more defensively. He would probably be more effective higher up if Young played a full game because he seems to be our best crosser.

A final thing, does the team know he stands at the back post? I reckon they crossed the ball there about three times against Swansea. Every cross doesn't go near him. It's frustrating.

m1y2

he is hit and miss, providing good option to hoof the ball at him to get straight to the final third, good player to have in the box but apart that he is very clumsy gave away 6 fouls and that is only what I remember, all needles, he is slow can't run with the ball and make a final pass, yeah he is a different player but we don't need to play this way just because we have got him in the team.. 15mins to the time and we need to score put him on pitch and cross the ball , not from the start..

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's so bad today, only second worst to RvP. And I'm a big fan of him.

Zoo

He did alright but he was played in the wrong position and we probably could have afforded to have him on the bench today. Van Gaal is so confusing, today he plays him as a number 10 but away at West Ham he leaves him out.

Acole9

Outstanding
Plan b didn't work yesterday, he had a poor game. His position awareness when defending corners was not good.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
The big guy has to play. Its not only about plan B but he's one of the few players we have who worries teams. The oposition have to account for him which opens up the game for some of his team mates.

Ekeke

I thought he was decent, just about did the job he would have been expected to do but too many silly fouls like usual. At least they arent in dangerous areas when he's playing so high up the pitch

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

The big guy has to play. Its not only about plan B but he's one of the few players we have who worries teams. The oposition have to account for him which opens up the game for some of his team mates.
Agreed. If we were able to Play some nice flowing attacking Football I might think different. However at the Moment he is one of our most dangerous Players.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Plan b didn't work yesterday, he had a poor game. His position awareness when defending corners was not good.
That's my another concern, not Fellaini himself on corners but how we set up for them, he's given the 'free role' in defending corners and it's a bit pointless imo, should be marking somebody. Same goes for attacking corners, he's put always on a far post while Rooney/ADM's corners never get past first man and are always aimed at first post for somebody to play it through to the second post which happens maybe in 1/10.

It's almost as if we're doing nothing in training in that regard as well.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It has now reached a point where we deliberately use him to make us play worse as a team...

Plan A) aim cross to Fellaini, Fellaini chests down, passes back, aim cross to Fellaini, Fellaini chests down, passes back, aim cross to Fellaini, Fellaini fouls someone or crosses ball back across the goal with his head, at which point nothing happens because crossing the ball well with your head is impossible.

Plan B) aim all balls to Fellaini, Fellaini loses ball, win it back, aim all balls to Fellaini, Fellaini loses ball...

It's completely embarassing. I'd be laughing at us if I wasn't a United fan.

How people glean from this that he "needs to be in the team" I don't know. He absolutely definitely needs to not be in the team if this is going to be the idea whenever he is.

ZDwyr

People grossly exaggerate this "long ball" team we supposedly come with Fellaini in the team. Look at our goal against Swansea. Fellaini was involved in that and it wasn't hoof ball. We don't become that much more direct at all. Unless it is the final ten minutes and we are down.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's shown more as a striker this season then both RvP and Falcao have to be fair. At least with him you know he can bring the ball down, hold it up and outmuscle defenders, and actually win headers. RvP can do it but is very inconsistent this season. Falcao's just weak.

Sam

He's shown more as a striker this season then both RvP and Falcao have to be fair. At least with him you know he can bring the ball down, hold it up and outmuscle defenders, and actually win headers. RvP can do it but is very inconsistent this season. Falcao's just weak.
Sadly, that is spot on.

Imagine saying that a couple of years ago :lol:

m1y2

he's maybe good instinctive finisher but far too many awful "prepared" finishes. The shot was horrific not for the first time hitting the row z from great goal scoring opportunity. But I am okay with him coming on as sub from to time..

Sam

he's maybe good instinctive finisher but far too many awful "prepared" finishes. The shot was horrific not for the first time hitting the row z from great goal scoring opportunity. But I am okay with him coming on as sub from to time..
He has a horrible ball striking technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.