Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
My big concern about afro-man in Europe is falling foul of fussy referees. He's such a big, awkward looking fella he's always going to be under scrutiny and does seem to keep getting booked for fouls that a smaller player might get away with.
Indeed. The media made a point of him committing twice as many fouls as any other paler in the Arsenal game - except he didn't, he just kept getting penalised for doing nothing wrong.

Classical Mechanic

I know people dislike the idea of us playing long ball, but if we were to face a tiki-taka side tomorrow, Fellaini would be my first name on the teamsheet. There are few players in the world better at doing what he does and it would be silly to ignore that. He'd be the perfect player to knit together a counter-attacking system.

Drogba did it a couple of times against Barca in their prime. Fellaini could do it for us.
When you have Blind, Carrick, Fellani, Herrera and Mata is the team you really can move it long or short. The fact that De Gea can pick out Fellani over 60 yards is a big plus too.

We were the defintion of mixing it up yesterday and it short circuited the Spurs player's brains.

Needham

Better off just letting him do what he wants .
Seems to work lately
Yeah, or its like when Redknapp just told Pavlyuchenko to "facking run around a bit" and simplified it for a player not adept enough for team tactics. Maybe Van Gaal just told Fellaini to "fecken chest and head the ball in their box a bit". Fellaini's turned into a sort of Duncan Ferguson styled on Sideshow Bob drenched in coffee but it seems to be working.

Sid234

I think one of the reasons we clicked so well vs Spurs was Young being in form on one wing and running at players and combining well with Blind, while on the other flank we had Mata, Herrera and Valenia combining brilliantly with their passing and movement off the ball. Rooney was making smart runs, and Carrick was controlling the tempo from midfield, switching the ball from one flank to the other. and Fellaini being the disruptive force that he is in the air.

In the last few weeks, we've had to deal with an out of form RvP and/or Falcao, and also Di Maria being out of sorts.. There was no particular way Spurs could setup against us as we kept mixing it up. Hope we can continue to perform this well against Pool too.

Is Di Maria eligible to play vs Liverpool?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Yeah, or its like when Redknapp just told Pavlyuchenko to "facking run around a bit" and simplified it for a player not adept enough for team tactics. Maybe Van Gaal just told Fellaini to "fecken chest and head the ball in their box a bit". Fellaini's turned into a sort of Duncan Ferguson styled on Sideshow Bob drenched in coffee but it seems to be working.
:lol:
What a terrible post.

Anustart89

:lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Duncan Ferguson was twice the better header than Fellaini, though. Not to mention he looked a bit like Keanu Reeves.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Your attempt at concealing your total dislike for the player, in humor has failed miserably. I can't believe some people find it so difficult to accept that some player has been able to do his job well (pretty consistenly, mind) on the field and have to resort to finding ways to still make him seem like some kind of a lucky joker.

Maybe he isn't the player we'd like to see starting for us next season (considering that we would hopefully buy right), but right now that lad is doing one hell of a job for his manager.

He's been silencing his critics with his showing on the field and that is an immensely difficult thing to do especially when every odd/every fan/every statistic/every pundit/every media report has been harshly critical about you being fit enough to be a part of the club.

I don't really mind if he moves on in the summer but I have nothing but respect for the way he has turned it around. You need to have true grit and determination to not give up when your own fans boo your every touch during a game.

Let's show the dude some respect. He's more than earned that right.

Needham

Your attempt at concealing your total dislike for the player, in humor has failed miserably. I can't believe some people find it so difficult to accept that some player has been able to do his job well (pretty consistenly, mind) on the field and have to resort to finding ways to still make him seem like some kind of a lucky joker.

Maybe he isn't the player we'd like to see starting for us next season (considering that we would hopefully buy right), but right now that lad is doing one hell of a job for his manager.

He's been silencing his critics with his showing on the field and that is an immensely difficult thing to do especially when every odd/every fan/every statistic/every pundit/every media report has been harshly critical about you being fit enough to be a part of the club.

I don't really mind if he moves on in the summer but I have nothing but respect for the way he has turned it around. You need to have true grit and determination to not give up when your own fans boo your every touch during a game.

Leave Marouane Fellaini alone!!!!!!!

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great option squad player atleast and could become a permanent fixture and if we are going to move players on there should be many a player moved before this guy.

mufcwarm92

Your ongoing point is correct - good on him, but there are some exaggerations in there. His own fans never booed his every touch, just a minority of cnuts booing when he was subbed from time to time.

Bwuk

He had a good game against Spurs but against Arsenal he was hopeless.

It's nice to see him turn it around a bit, but does anyone really want him starting for us next season?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Fellaini is a player who pisses me off, he clearly has a large set of qualities against Chelsea he showed that he was potentially a good Box to box, against West Ham(2013) or Leverkusen he showed that he could be a good defensive midfielder and against Tottenham he showed that he could be a good offensive midfielder/target man.
The rest of his games shows that he is terribly inconsistent and that we can't trust him, not because he is a bad footballer but because you don't know which Fellaini is going to step on the field.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's a decent option if used correctly but if we are serious about challenging for the title next season, Fellaini should be an option off the bench, not a starter. Still, very happy it's finally working out for the guy.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
When we treat him as an actual footballer he plays decent to pretty well most of the time, when we treat him as a battering ram he does not play that well.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male

I agree regarding his attitude - from the booing in preseason and most fans basically wanting rid of him ASAP, he has stuck with it and when the manager gave him a chance, he took it. Fellaini honestly has pretty much the perfect attitude for a player, and this I suspect is why managers like him.
He listens to instructions (this was obvious when he came on vs West Ham).
He never goes missing and will still keep asking for the ball and trying to impact the game, even when things arent going well.
He works hard and puts in a lot of defensive work (not just at set pieces).
He doesnt complain or moan.

Your ongoing point is correct - good on him, but there are some exaggerations in there. His own fans never booed his every touch, just a minority of cnuts booing when he was subbed from time to time.
In pre-season the booing was really bad. It was honestly the worst thing I have witnessed as a United fan (in the context of the club).

Fellaini is a player who pisses me off, he clearly has a large set of qualities against Chelsea he showed that he was potentially a good Box to box, against West Ham(2013) or Leverkusen he showed that he could be a good defensive midfielder and against Tottenham he showed that he could be a good offensive midfielder/target man.
The rest of his games shows that he is terribly inconsistent and that we can't trust him, not because he is a bad footballer but because you don't know which Fellaini is going to step on the field.
I think as Cooksen says - it depends as much (or more, in my opinion) on how we set the team up. When we try to just play Fellaini up front and hit long balls to him, the entire team plays poorly including Fellaini. When we give him something of a free role and (silly as this sounds) build the team around him a little, he tends to be extremely effective.

When I say "build the team around him" I basically mean having a striker in front of him (Rooney), some wingers, and at least one of Carrick/Blind behind him (Herrera playing as the 2nd CM also helps and is his best position anyway in my opinion).

When we treat him as an actual footballer he plays decent to pretty well most of the time, when we treat him as a battering ram he does not play that well.
This.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
I'm guessing you missed the pre-season game where he managed to score? It was disgraceful....

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Beast mode today. Superb performance... controlled everything that came his way, used his strength in the right way, really crisp, smart passing... and some cracking defensive headers to boot. Hats off to the man... his turn around is complete.

Ainu

Best player after Mata. He destroyed Liverpool's midfield in the first half. Who would've thought? Also very important in that final 20 minutes, he cleared pretty much every single Liverpool set piece.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You can only respect a player who has worked so hard from being a laughing stock to a regular starter. I seriously believe he can play his physical game without making many fouls as he did today.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The big man, Mata and Herrera were all magnificent today. Turning out to be a quality signing (bring back Moyes) who was set to bin RVP cough cough

Ballache

Supports
Martial
What a turnaround, he's actually a decent passers too. Funny how a bit of confidence can raise a player's level so much. Fair play to him.

Dante

Average bang
He's the man who ties everything together. Vital player who allows the rest of the team to play with a swagger.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Don't think there's another player in the squad who I admire more than him. The abuse he received, especially in that pre-season game when he was rumoured to go to Napoli. Booed. At Old Trafford. In a pre-season game. Disgraceful stuff. Something that we'd slate if it happened to any other club.

Big love for the guy. I was patient with him for so long that I feel chuffed that it's working for him now. Missed today's game, but glad he's getting excellent reviews.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was excellent today.

Whoever signed him and Mata must be a bit of a genius. :D

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Very good these past 2 games. Causes so many problems for the opposition. Happy to have him playing in this kind of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.