Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Constant threat, I thought at first he struggled a little bit with Yaya's athletic ability but his fitness and Yaya's laziness turned the corner.

togg

He goes home at night now, knowing he is a Manchester United player. Last season I'm sure he didn't feel that. He's got used to the stage and had the confidence beaten into him by LVG. Something Moyes couldn't do because he was scared himself.

pseudo_canadian

He is an amazing shit-stirrer for other teams to have to deal with. I would hate trying to defend him, he just clogs things up so well.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He looked almost emotional when he was celebrating with Young. You can tell this means so much for him, especially after what he went through.

Is he a starter? 100%. He adds something unique for us, dropping him would be stupid. He's working perfectly for us. So chuffed for him.

ThanksBoss26

He goes home at night now, knowing he is a Manchester United player. Last season I'm sure he didn't feel that. He's got used to the stage and had the confidence beaten into him by LVG. Something Moyes couldn't do because he was scared himself.
Spot on.

m1y2

Involved in three goals today which itself means a great perforance but his overal game bringin team into play is great, I wish he was little faster.. Despite him being awesome in the game I think he was little bit struggling in the beginning of the game as he was trying to mark Yaya but we lacked pressure upfront. It was important city backed off so we could attack more and he could get into further positions where he's dangerous..

Robbie Boy

His turnaround has been absolutely magnificent and he deserves credit for that. He was immense today after a cagey start and he has played a crucial role in our recent brilliant run (long may it continue).

I do feel that certain posters are extremely smug and act in an almost passive aggressive manner about his turn in fortunes. There really is no need for that carry on. People doubted him, yes, and rightly so. The booing was out of order altogether but he looked far from a United player last season. I'm sure some of the criticism was OTT but the smugness is just as tedious.

Mark_GrumpyLion

What a turnaround. His determination and hard work have won hem this starting spot and I have nothing but respect for the way he can boss games around now. The fact that he was injured and the transfer fell through is a blessing in disguise.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Get Moyes to be in charge of transfers. Fellaini and Mata. Done the groundwork for Herrera and Shaw. Rejected Mangala.

The man has an eye for talent.
I said it last season in the Zaha thread, I trust his judgement when it comes to footballing and mental qualities. He is a great at that. I feel that he is a DOF more than great coach.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I can't believe I still see people in this forum, when talking about transfers in the summer they mention ones to replace him? He's been brilliant this season; it's isn't hoofball any more when we go forward, but rather a far post option which you can tell has been practised so many times to get spot on, and it pretty much results in meeting Fellaini 9 times out of 10 and catch them off guard.

Add that to his dominance in the middle of the park in the air, and his involvement in the plays today, and you can't argue that he's one of our most important outfield player for him. So chuffed for him, and couldn't be happier to see the standing ovation. You could see him struggling to contain his happiness when he came off to that.

Oh, and the fans jeering in pre-season? Nice one

Acole9

Outstanding
Got the better of Toure today, who appeared to be marking him naturally because they're of a similar height. Although he didn't do a very good job of marking him at all which was to our advantage.

Varun

Staff
Will say what I said in the Young thread. Lots of respect for the way he's turned it around. Been very good this season for us. He must be an absolute nuisance to play against.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
He is such a presence in that midfield now and in and around the box. Any team in the world would struggle to play against him at the moment in the form he's in. His control from long passes is exceptional, rarely loses it with the chest down. A real asset to the team.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's shutting down and dominating Yaya Toure.

We spent many a derby wishing we had a player who could even compete with Yaya.
It was a comment that many people had in his transfer forum thread - that we needed someone who could match Toure. Unfortunately it didn't happen last season, but today Fellaini dominated him. And it was fantastic to see.

Aye, fans would've slaughtered Moyes if he'd sacrificed Rooney or RVP to make room for Fellaini in a target man role.
If Moyes had come in at the beginning of the season and done it, absolutely. However as the season went on and things weren't working out I'm pretty sure there would have been more understanding of trying it out.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Even through my overly sceptical lenses he was great today. It's really nice to see that he (and LVG) almost cut out this stupid slow part of his game and concentrated on his strengths.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I swear his chest control is like some sort of cheat mode. He's pressing all the shoulder buttons at the same time or something.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That standing ovation tells you all need to know about Fellaini today.

Sylar

That standing ovation should do him such a huge world of good, much like Mata got against Spurs. His linkup with Blind and Young is great.

Him and Young keeping out Falcao and Di Maria is quite something.

Ekeke

One or two careless passes but played very well overall. Last season we paid for his limitations, this season we're profiting for his strengths

crossy1686

career ending
Fellani's turnaround this year has been nothing short of exceptional. The shell of a person he was last year compared to the player he is now are unbelievable.

LvG has worked miracles with him.

VanGaalEra

His turnaround, unbelievable.

Can't remember another player turning it around so dramatically for us.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Its what I have been saying, that if absolutely nothing else, Fellaini is a unique player and thus poses a unique threat to the opponent. As things stand, you can bet your ass that every team we go up against feels that they need to have a plan to deal with Fellaini. That in itself is a big "win" for us, but the key is that Fellaini is simply a part of our arsenal, and gives us more options.

I have posted probably a dozen times on various threads that it is the threat that Fellaini poses that makes the biggest difference - compare it to last season where teams were happy for us to swing in crosses, safe in the knowledge that they could defend crosses all day. Throw Fellaini in, and suddenly teams are no longer content to allow us to cross the ball - it is another thing they need to defend, and it creates options for us elsewhere.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Will cause trouble for anyone when he's playing like this. I've said it before, but what a fantastic turnaround from, a proper display of character. Him and Young are the biggest stories of our season in my book, the way they've turned their fortunes.

Litch

This lad was unplayable at Everton with lesser players around him. In this form, he's trouble for anyone he plays against.....

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His turnaround really has been remarkable... Used to be one of my least favourite players but wow has he proven everyone wrong. Nobody can handle him on this form.

Blue always red

He found so much space today it was crazy. When the ball comes to him in the air it almost turns into slow-mo whilst he brings it down on his chest.

Empire

From last season:

I know a few random blokes that I have played with who are probably better than Fellaini. I think Lee Cattermole would add more to our team than he has this season. I think other than those adopting a 'support the team' policy, anyone can see he's a terrible player, who on a good day where we are not pressured at all, looks an average one.

At best, he should be used as a weapon from the bench in the latter stages of games to be a target man. Then in the summer, throw his contract in the bin and move on.
I can't believe I spent time trying to convince this guy that Fellaini was better than the random blokes he plays football with.

It's amazing how much bull people spread, just to think not that long ago I was trying to convince posters on here that it's too soon to call for the manager to be sacked! I think it's best to ignore people when they say stupid things.

Last edited:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I still just can't watch him and enjoy him, however I see what he brings and given the results you have to appreciate it. Generally though it's not particularly pleasing to watch.

The funny thing is, between him Blind and Young we're not doing anything revolutionary or exceptional. Teams are just not even setting up to attempt to defend against it. I'm not saying it wouldn't work anyway, but it's so blatant! Unless they're preparing for Di Maria or something, I simply don't understand it. We always had Carrick up his arse, although he always got the better of Michael, but at least attempt to stop his aerial ability.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Do you know those random blokes that you play football with, you don't happen to have their number do you? I think Louis van Gaal would be interested in their services.
Oh go feck yourself, I've come back into this thread weeks ago and praised Fellaini and stated his form is proving doubters like myself very wrong already, not doing this again.

For what it's worth, I still believe I know people more technically gifted than him anyway, and yes, I do have their numbers if you want to ring them and have a random discussion about it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.