Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

Maybe he wont be in first XI next season but he will have his role for us in certain situations. Even tho maybe he can improve his general play so you never know.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
his goals saved him from being slated here, he was terrble today and is worse every game, he needs functional team around him and we are currently very low on confidence all of a sudden. It's weird.. Hopefully we are lining up POgba or someone who will solve our confidence isssues..
We all know that simply isnt true.

Varun

Staff
Very poor today. Why he doesn't jump for headers is something i'l never understand. Really grates me.

Got the all important goal though. As I've said all along, even during his good run, he should always be a plan B. I fully expect Van Gaal to move herrera or mata to the no 10 slot once we get a proper CM

Acole9

Outstanding
Give the guy a break for gods sake people, he's just won us the match! He performed a damn sight better than some out there today.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
He is not a great aerial fighter for his size and his hair sometimes seems to act as a sponge when heading. But he has still helped us a bit this season. But despite what has happened this season he is not the type of a player you will need if you intend to be challenging for champions league victory. Neither are Jones, Evans, or Valencia. We need at least 2 top class defenders, and some extra bite in midfield(a hard man, who is also a top box to box guy) And we could also use a top notch striker. Rooney cannot control the ball too well when it comes to him, but can still pull out a surprise or 2. Falcao has had bad luck, and van Persie is nearing his end. Wilson we have not really seen enough of. Cavani would be interesting. All of this is just my opinion.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
so you don't think he was awful or that people would have reacted with indulgence?
You said his goals stopped him being slated. That isnt true, because he has always been slated this season, even when he was our most important player.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Like Mata this guy can at least contribute goals when he is playing crap. It would be nice if some of our other players did same. Our strikers, for example.

I'd be shocked (and disappointed) if he's still in the starting eleven next year but he's certainly been a massive asset for us this season. Yet he would have almost inevitably received massively disproportionate criticism if he hadn't scored.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
His performance was woeful 1st half for me, second half, when Palace stopped paying as much attention to him, seemed to help him get his passing together at least.
If he hadn't scored, as others have mentioned he would be taking some serious flak.

m1y2

You said his goals stopped him being slated. That isnt true, because he has always been slated this season, even when he was our most important player.
he was praised after some good performances this season and rightly so, so that is not true from you but why do we talk about this?:houllier:

he was shit today and we shouldn't make him automatic starter next season although I was excited with some of his performances..

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Performance wasn't that good (most of the team was bad to be fair) but he certainly has a knack for scoring important goals.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
he was praised after some good performances this season and rightly so, so that is not true from you but why do we talk about this?:houllier:

he was shit today and we shouldn't make him automatic starter next season although I was excited with some of his performances..
Agree, he was no worse than anyone else.
As others have said, he wasnt really much worse than anyone else. He was sloppy in possession compared to others, but made a lot more defensive headers and clearances. Pretty much balances itself out, and he scored the winning goal.

204Red

Presumably you also gave Rooney, Valencia, Evans, Blind, Herrera, Mata and Falcao 0s as well?
This...

after a poor 1st half, I actually thought Fellaini had some good moments in the 2nd half... plus the goal (which will secure us 4th).

and if in your extremely questionable Match ratings you gave Fellaini get a 0, then Falcao should have been a minus 5... not only does he offer NOTHING up front, but he was a defensive liability in the 2nd half.

Morpheus 7

He got another important goal for us today again, one that has probably secured CL football. Still yet again the same brigade of crying cnuts are out, doesn't matter what he does. There are fans that don't believe he's good enough for Man United, always will be. He's a big part of why we are 4th at the moment and only a fool could argue otherwise. Yeah it wasn't his best game today but he was there when it mattered. Fellaini has been treated embarrassingly bad by a lot of United fans, especially in here. Time to give him some credit. He got us going again after the Arsenal defeat and will be at the very least a good squad player next year.

m1y2

As others have said, he wasnt really much worse than anyone else. He was sloppy in possession compared to others, but made a lot more defensive headers and clearances. Pretty much balances itself out, and he scored the winning goal.
He couldn't make a 3 yard pass.. but I'm not blaming him today, I was disappointed though but he lacked support which he desperately needs.. and the pitch was awful. He scored a winner I'm happy for him for that..

Boycott

Terrible 1st half. Decent 2nd half.

He's got good mentality and when we were under the cosh for most of the second half he got in with a battle with the Palace players.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Is it just me or has his discipline improved as the season went on too?

legball

He scored an important goal, he actually timed his run to perfection to do it. He's not going to be technically brilliant, he won't wow the world, but he's one of the players in our squad that actually have a bit of fire in them, after the rebuilding, he won't be a starter but he will surely be a solid weapon off the bench.

marlowe78

Poor 1st half but got himself in the mix during the 2nd and won us the game. Could probably being doing more in the buildup offensively.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Question is, can he adapt his game when he gets man marked like he has been for the last few games. Big goal today.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He just needed one decent cross to win it in the end despite the random performance. Is he good for United ? Sometimes he really is... Sometimes you need a cnut in opponent's box to get a win like that.

He's definitely topic for a long discussion.

Kag

He was one of our worst performers and that was markedly visible. You often make some good points regarding Fellaini and his role in the side but it's all a little one-eyed today. He was genuinely woeful in the first half. He picked it up in the second and his defensive work and goal deserve credit, but on the deck he was nowhere near as good as he can be.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Another dualistic performance from him - he showed why he deserves to be picked and, at the same time, he showed why he shouldn't be in the starting XI next season if we want to progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.