Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Nothing but admiration for his attitude this season and I can now actually see his qualities as a footballer.

However, I still find it hard to get excited about our attacking style whilst he is in the team. Not totally down to him but he is a big part of our predictability when going forward.

The fact he is more effective than anyone else we have in the position he plays is a worry and another discussion altogether.

wiz4231

If we start next season with this guy as plan A I'm going to give up on all of humanity. Disgusting.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
If we start next season with this guy as plan A I'm going to give up on all of humanity. Disgusting.
Even if he's a plan B I will be pissed, I want us to win games late on like we used to under Fergie, putting teams under siege until some cracks start to open, not play long balls to this guy ahead.

He has shown people he isn't useless like they were calling him last season, but £15million or higher for him would be brilliant business by us(Not including the purchase)

Sam

Basically came in here to say that myself.

He's incredibly effective when we're using his physicality to bully defenders and bring the ball down for runners etc, but in the second half it was like playing with 10 men in attack (well 9 with Falcao/RVP). He's just so painfully average on the ball, playing at speed. He couldn't organise a counter attack to save his life.

He's earned his place in the squad, but if we go into the opening day of next season with him as first choice, I think I'll probably have some sort of nervous breakdown.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Basically came in here to say that myself.

He's incredibly effective when we're using his physicality to bully defenders and bring the ball down for runners etc, but in the second half it was like playing with 10 men in attack (well 9 with Falcao/RVP). He's just so painfully average on the ball, playing at speed. He couldn't organise a counter attack to save his life.

He's earned his place in the squad, but if we go into the opening day of next season with him as first choice, I think I'll probably have some sort of nervous breakdown.

Sam

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Fair play, that was a good pass, but its not something he has in his locker as a regular asset. His passing and vision is just very very limited, and seriously hinders us when we're not specifically able to play though him and use his physical assets, like in the second half today.

Its not an attack on Fellaini btw, its just the way it is. Mata isn't a particularly good dribbler for example, just pointing out doesn't mean I think he's shit. Just that we need more from a player in his position, in certain games. He's basically a pretty limited player, but one who can be used to incredible effect at times. But he shouldn't be plan A, B and C.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
:lol:

Are you serious? I could have easily played that pass, it was nothing special.
I normally ignore these sorts of posts, but go on then, I'll bite;

It was an excellent pass, the weight on it was perfect, and Fellaini did well to delay playing it first time, so he could play it more centrally, inside the player closing him down.

Regardless, the statement was that he "couldnt organise a counter attack to save his life". The clip is obviously an example of him starting a counter attack which resulted in a great goal. Continuing to try to debate this really just shows your bias.

@adexkola sums it up pretty well at the top of this page - Fellaini gets a disproportionate amount of flak, and it has been painfully obvious this season that the haters were just waiting in the wings for any opportunity to complain about him.

SonnyTheHaloPro

I normally ignore these sorts of posts, but go on then, I'll bite;

It was an excellent pass, the weight on it was perfect, and Fellaini did well to delay playing it first time, so he could play it more centrally, inside the player closing him down.

Regardless, the statement was that he "couldnt organise a counter attack to save his life". The clip is obviously an example of him starting a counter attack which resulted in a great goal. Continuing to try to debate this really just shows your bias.
I'm not biased, I like Fellaini and I'm happy for him. However he simply isn't Manchester United quality.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Fair play, that was a good pass, but its not something he has in his locker as a regular asset. His passing and vision is just very very limited, and seriously hinders us when we're not specifically able to play though him and use his physical assets, like in the second half today.

Its not an attack on Fellaini btw, its just the way it is. Mata isn't a particularly good dribbler for example, just pointing out doesn't mean I think he's shit. Just that we need more from a player in his position, in certain games. He's basically a pretty limited player, but one who can be used to incredible effect at times. But he shouldn't be plan A, B and C.
I just think it was funny pointing out that one of our 2 counter goals this season had Fellaini involved :D

SonnyTheHaloPro

I would say it is a pretty clear indication of bias when you claim that you say things like;
Jeez, that pass was nothing special at all, most people could have played that ffs.

Go look at Fabregas pass to Costa against Arsenal, now that was a special pass, watch that see the difference.

ZDwyr

I thought he was pretty solid so I was surprised to see the criticism, but then I remembered it is Fellaini. He was a huge figure in our goal, the defenders were drawn too him. So the Caf's love child would not have even scored if it weren't for him. He also won the ball back well a few times.

Oo0AahCantona

He's been very good this season, but i think we should cash in while his stock is high if offers come in. he has the quality to play a role at united, it just annoys me that that role is lumping the ball up to him and having him elbow people out of the way. It gives the manager an excuse to play route one football when i think we would all prefer a more progressive style, something fellaini will never fit into.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I'm not biased, I like Fellaini and I'm happy for him. However he simply isn't Manchester United quality.
Here we go again with this tiresome bullshit.

Player x is not Manchester United quality. I bet he was United quality in matches he's performed in, right? The undispellable shit that you can't really argue against or for because it carries no real substance, people can't hit him with 'can't play in big games' anymore and he wasn't sent off once this season so the 'red card waiting to happen' twaddle cannot be used as well, so we're back to basics, not Manchester United quality.

Sure both ADM and Falcao were trully Manchester United quality when we bought them, right?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought he was pretty solid so I was surprised to see the criticism, but then I remembered it is Fellaini. He was a huge figure in our goal, the defenders were drawn too him. So the Caf's love child would not have even scored if it weren't for him. He also won the ball back well a few times.
Agree I thought Fellaini played well strange some posters comments.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Agree I thought Fellaini played well strange some posters comments.
Strange but nor surprising

It was a very solid performance. He passed it around quite well and was involved in a positive way in our attacks. As well as the normal holding up play and defensive shift and against a decent Arsenal side. He was also important in the final 20 mins when Arsenal were on top.

It will be bad news to many, But he isnt going anywhere will be very much part of the squad next season

prarek

Had a good game. His passing was also good, rarely gave away possession, worked hard, won a few tackles and was good in the air as always. Him and Mata were constantly exchanging positions.

mu77

he did ok. better second season which wouldn't be hard to accomplish.

bishblaize

OK game by Fellaini, he's played better this season.

I think that he'll be an important part of the squad next season and will get plenty of minutes. But at the end of the day there are better players out there and we'd benefit from an upgrade

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Once again a good performance, but once again he doesn't create much.

SonnyTheHaloPro

Here we go again with this tiresome bullshit.

Player x is not Manchester United quality. I bet he was United quality in matches he's performed in, right? The undispellable shit that you can't really argue against or for because it carries no real substance, people can't hit him with 'can't play in big games' anymore and he wasn't sent off once this season so the 'red card waiting to happen' twaddle cannot be used as well, so we're back to basics, not Manchester United quality.

Sure both ADM and Falcao were trully Manchester United quality when we bought them, right?
He isn't United quality though. Spin it any way you want if it makes you feel better, but Fellaini is a very limited player.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Nail on head.

It will be bad news to many, But he isnt going anywhere will be very much part of the squad next season
The cynic in me actually hopes he is a first choice starter next year, just to see the reactions of some people.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He isn't United quality though. Spin it any way you want if it makes you feel better, but Fellaini is a very limited player.
Thankfully enough it's not you but LVG who decides and given how many times Fellaini's played this season, yes, he indeed is 'United quality' (whatever that measurement is) and I'm rather calm about him being 'United quality' next season as well.

JPRouve

Scout
That's like saying, 'well Mata was good but once again he didn't win many headers.'
The difference being that I don't expect headers from a winger when I expect creativity from an advanced midfielder.

marlowe78

I thought he was okay, for the most part. Kept play moving and won the headers.

I would be reluctant to sell him because he is very useful against teams that clutter the area, Stoke and West Ham being good examples. I think he also has more to offer as an attacker but we certainly need to sign more quality over the summer.

ZDwyr

The difference being that I don't expect headers from a winger when I expect creativity from an advanced midfielder.
But Fellaini isn't in the team to split defences with passes though. So if you expect that then you will be very disappointed every game.

JPRouve

Scout
But Fellaini isn't in the team to split defences with passes though. So if you expect that then you will be very disappointed every game.
That's why I think that he isn't a good influence in our midfield.

ZDwyr

That's why I think that he isn't a good influence in our midfield.
I can see that perspective. Although with Mata, Herrera, Di Maria/Young, Carrick, plus a good #9 I don't think creativity should be an issue. SO Fellaini should be able to fulfill the role that van Gaal wants him to

JPRouve

Scout
I can see that perspective. Although with Mata, Herrera, Di Maria/Young, Carrick, plus a good #9 I don't think creativity should be an issue. SO Fellaini should be able to fulfill the role that van Gaal wants him to
The creativity is an issue, in the top 4 we are the fourth team in term of creativity, we create a lot less chances than our rivals, we can't continue like that, and the deficiency is clearly on the wings and the center midfield.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
The creativity is an issue, in the top 4 we are the fourth team in term of creativity, we create a lot less chances than our rivals, we can't continue like that, and the deficiency is clearly on the wings and the center midfield.
I agree that creativity is an issue, but the fact remains that recently most of our chances have come from the left hand side, and it is Young and Fellaini who look most likely to provide something.

Mata and Herrera are meant to be the 'creative' ones but haven't really done that, as the stat in your post confirms.

JPRouve

Scout
I agree that creativity is an issue, but the fact remains that recently most of our chances have come from the left hand side, and it is Young and Fellaini who look most likely to provide something.

Mata and Herrera are meant to be the 'creative' ones but haven't really done that, as the stat in your post confirms.
I don't believe in the notion that one half is supposed to be the creative side, that's plain wrong and it will limit us strongly.
Fellaini sees the opportunities but doesn't manage to deliver the final balls, that's on him and no one else. Our entire midfield need to improve but you have to admit that the most active side is also the most ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.