Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDwyr

Chelsea, Arsenal and City ( especially when we went down to 10 men) are decent pressing teams and Fellaini seemed to do fine. He just had a bad game against Southampton, as did most of our players. If he starts tomorrow, which I think he should, hopefully he'll have a good game.
Yeah I'd start him too. If Rafael is back then LvG has the option of playing Valencia in midfield though, and he was decent against Everton.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yeah I'd start him too. If Rafael is back then LvG has the option of playing Valencia in midfield though, and he was decent against Everton.
Valencia was very decent against Everton, however, I don't think one decent performance will convince Van Gaal to play him over Fellaini, who's had several.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I fear for his elbows and general clumsiness today. Atkinson is going to want to make a point with the cards today to control the game.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
How is this guy playing again after THAT first half? Shocking decision. And awful start from him.
We wouldn't have a team if we were only playing players that weren't shit in the first half against Southampton.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
It's clear he doesn't work in this system with Mata and a Rooney as the other midfielders. I have always said from day one that Fellaini is a valuable player but we need someone like Herrera or Carrick next to him (or both, preferably).

He is a box to box player or an attacking midfielder - in the current system he is he most defensive of the three.

Mata has been anonymous again, if it were me I would have started Herrera instead of Mata for this game.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Up to the 25th minute there's no 2 ways about it, the boy is having a stinker. Positionally woeful so far as a DM. Diving in everywhere. Sloppy passes left right and centre.

Today the boy needs a McNair call on him. Sub him before half time before we're down to 10.

Jev

It's surreal to see a United midfielder having such a hard time doing some of the most basic stuff in football. He can't control or pass a ball and we play him as a playmaker. Unbelievable.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Made a couple of decent defensive contributions in the last few minutes. Fairly hopeless in this current setup though for everything else.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
He's been having s horrible half overall, though he has made a few good tackles and interceptions.

I really think it's plain to see he doesn't work in this role, in this system. Mata has been invisible (and then scores as I am writing this...) and offers nothing defensively, and doesn't show for the ball properly.

It seems to be a running theme that when Fellaini has it, there are no options when we need to have the likes of Mata and Rooney (in the current lineup) showing for it. When there are short passes on, Fellaini contributes perfectly well.

We need to bring Fellaini or Mata off, or both. Fellaini can't play without a proper midfield or two alongside him.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Meh, he's been alright since that yellow card, sadly as somebody's pointed out, we're probably going to end this match with 10. We've got 2 CBs booked now, him and Rooney, so all of those players will be reserved with their tackling and somebody will have to do it at last, it will be down to the CDM.

Either drop this shite 352 or get him off for Paddy, get Carrick to CDM would be the solution. Although we've seen that LVG's not content with Paddy in the 3 CBs setup with no playmaker there so we'll probably end this match with a man or two down.

NK86

Can't find a teammate so often. Last game and a half he has been really poor. I agree screening the back 3 maybe his job but that does not mean he cannot have a good touch. His passing and touches have been way off the mark. Rooney seems to be the only proper midfielder we have, which says a lot about Fellaini today.

Ixion

He's so careless. If we want to keep possession we need someone else on or Felliani shifted out wide, he doesn't offer the defense enough protection or as an outlet for a pass.

NK86

Plus as most thought, his role is to be a target man for DDG to launch balls into. Cannot believe Herrera has been benched for this.

Stringer

He has the probably the worst passing ability I have ever seen in any central midfielder. It's unbelievable how bad it can be when he is asked to play a forward ball. Also his touch has been awful today, miscontrolling under no pressure.

Infra-red

He can't pass the ball to save his life, but that's hardly new information. Looks a liability today though with a yellow card after 5 minutes.

Boycott

3-5-2 doesn't suit him. Midfielders will spend time isolated and therefore need to be proficient on the ball to maintain control. While defensively he's been decent, he's been poor on the ball. We're putting at stake cohesion in the possession for someone to do a job but in this case Liverpool are there to be got at. Fellaini's best games this season and that run of good form he had was when he was in a three with four behind so he could impose himself all around the pitch. Here his lack of nous for a disciplined role is glaring.

Jev

Meh, he's been alright since that yellow card
No, he hasn't. He's conceded possession countless times with wayward passes, or slow passes putting people under pressure, or passes to people who are tightly marked, or his awful control. He has been so poor.

People saying he's been our best player haven't paid attention. Look closer.

It's unacceptable for a United midfielder to be so poor at such simple things.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
wtf are you talking about. He is one of our best players and more or less the midfield on his own. Mata, besides scoring, is in hiding and Rooney doesnt really Play as midfielder. He is the defensive and central midfield all by himself and is doing a decent job.

Devil may care

He's made a couple of good tackles but is so poor in possession when it gets tight that he gives it away easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.