Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dichinero

I dislike him with a passion but he did well in the first half but the second half was not good at all

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's not making it easy on himself, is he? Idiotic, sloppy but thankfully not costly enough error after decent first half. Thankfully we won't have to care too much as Pogba will be a starter.

Eugenius

Three years later I'm still waiting to understand what he brings to the team, unless he's just being a big, chest trapping nuisance up front. Can't pass more than ten yards.

kundalini

Marginally better than Memphis' header back towards De Gea against Stoke away in the wind. Talk about an under-hit back-pass.

At least he did it in pre-season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Apart from the mistake, which thankfully wasn't costly in the end, I felt he was really good.

Very interesting that Mourinho played him deeper today, even when Carrick was on the pitch.

People are saying Pogba will replace him in the team, but don't be too surprised to see both, Pogba and Fellaini starting in the deeper roles for us.

Jose likes physicality, and that's certainly what Fellaz gives you.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Apart from the mistake, which thankfully wasn't costly in the end, I felt he was really good.

Very interesting that Mourinho played him deeper today, even when Carrick was on the pitch.

People are saying Pogba will replace him in the team, but don't be too surprised to see both, Pogba and Fellaini starting in the deeper roles for us.

Think this will happen only when Carrick is taken off/injured/rested I guess. It will be all of our midfielders bar Carrick that will get displaced by Pogba I guess (Herrera, Fellaini, Schneiderlin) but it will be Fellaini who will probably be the first one to get on for Carrick. Not sure where Schneiderlin is in it all.

Kazi

Carrick with Fellaini and Pogba ahead either side of him would make for a strong midfield three, but that's not happening with Rooney around

Walters_19_MuFc

Carrick with Fellaini and Pogba ahead either side of him would make for a strong midfield three, but that's not happening with Rooney around
Don't think it's the fact Rooney is around, but more because Jose has expressed that he prefers to play a 4231. Even if Rooney was dropped, Mourinho would possibly put Mata or Mkhitaryan in place of him.

I do prefer a 433 myself, though.

klayton88

There is no way he doesn't get dropped for Pogba. He should be a bench player for the last 10 mins when we are West Hamming it in to the box to get a point from a game.

Minimalist

Solid for the most part but doesn't really do anything worth noting. Even if you weren't that well clued in to football you would surely assume there are better players to do the same job (but with better quality output).

RedStarUnited

Anyone who says he had a good game, I just dont see it lads. He is not a central midfielder. He doesnt want the ball, doesn't see a single decent pass and just passes back all the time.

I really hate Moyes for buying him. Even though LVG and Jose now hve used him, I dont believe they woild ever have bought him.

Kazi

Anyone who says he had a good game, I just dont see it lads. He is not a central midfielder. He doesnt want the ball, doesn't see a single decent pass and just passes back all the time.

I really hate Moyes for buying him. Even though LVG and Jose now hve used him, I dont believe they woild ever have bought him.
Lol at that last paragraph, there are loads of players you could say the same for, a new manager isn't going to make 23 signings when they come in.

izzydiggler

I just hate seeing him in our team - you can argue about whether he has useful qualities and perhaps it's irrational, where people are more critical of him, despite others playing worse than he (not today in particular) but I just find him dreadful to watch.

Water Melon

A tall guy with a physical presence. Not very fast, does not move much off the ball, is not a terrific passer, not the brightest bulb when it comes to reading the game. Moyes-managed Everton is his level and habitat.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He was not good today. As a midfielder, what does he offer? What positive quality makes him stand out? I just don't see it and he should be sold

waza7111

Constantly out of position trying to play as a striker leaving Carrick/Herrera completely isolated and allowing Leicester to go through our midfield as if there was nobody there.

Raw

He had an okay game but that stupid mistake will overshadow it. Good thing he's not first choice.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Constantly out of position trying to play as a striker leaving Carrick/Herrera completely isolated and allowing Leicester to go through our midfield as if there was nobody there.
That's not true though.

He wouldn't play in such disciplined side which is Mou's main focus really if he was 'constantly out of position'.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
He wasn't bad. Particularly in the first half, but you always suspect he'd make a mistake like this.

Loved how mourning tried justifying what happened and claiming a slow pitch. Not as if fellaini had already played most if the match.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Offers nothing as a centre midfielder. His ability as an #8 was encapsulated in the first half, where he dribbled ahead of himself and had to make a slide tackle to compensate. The good he does is not good enough to make up for his clumsiness.

Oneunited26

Don't think it's the fact Rooney is around, but more because Jose has expressed that he prefers to play a 4231. Even if Rooney was dropped, Mourinho would possibly put Mata or Mkhitaryan in place of him.

I do prefer a 433 myself, though.
I do think Pogba would work brilliantly in rooney's position, the freedom he gets to drive forward I would love to see pogba played there helping zlaten out, if jose wants the team quicker so zlaten gets the service, there is a fundamental problem with that, rooney playing there. A 433 or pogba played in a no10 would work wonders for the team, rooney just adds nothing to the team. Fellaini? no, would rather we signed a top class midfielder to play in fellaini's position, and probably 2017/18 season its going to take for the proper Jose Mourinho team to be seen, that is quick, powerful looking to dominate and has the full mentality of winning trophy's, this season is about injecting that into the team which will be done hopefully

Enigma_87

You know who
I thought he was quite good and then he undoes everything with a stupid move that can cost you the game. After that I think he was poor. Overall - typical Fellaini, useful in some sense but a walking liability ready to strike every moment.

stevoc

He wasn't too bad today i suppose considering he was in central midfield, the mistake was bad but it can happen to anyone.

But the howler really does highlight why he shouldn't play so deep. In possession and with his passing range he's just not good enough to play in there. He's much better and less of a liability further forward.

Walters_19_MuFc

I do think Pogba would work brilliantly in rooney's position, the freedom he gets to drive forward I would love to see pogba played there helping zlaten out, if jose wants the team quicker so zlaten gets the service, there is a fundamental problem with that, rooney playing there. A 433 or pogba played in a no10 would work wonders for the team, rooney just adds nothing to the team. Fellaini? no, would rather we signed a top class midfielder to play in fellaini's position, and probably 2017/18 season its going to take for the proper Jose Mourinho team to be seen, that is quick, powerful looking to dominate and has the full mentality of winning trophy's, this season is about injecting that into the team which will be done hopefully
I agree. I would like to see Pogba as a 10, but then we'd still need a centre midfielder.

Think Mourinho will use him like Fabregas, though. Deep lying playmaker against teams he feels we'll dominate, and for the bigger games, where he likes to sure it up a bit, Pogba as a 10.

Last edited:

Devil may care

He was ok ion the first half, once Leicester started pressing in the 2nd half him and Carrick struggled as neither of them have the mobility to get turned quick enough, the very thing that led to the sloppy back pass that led to the Vardy goal.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
wonderful assist today, 8/10 performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.