Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
Agree with the post overall but I wouldn't start him in the big matches. I think he works best as a tactical change off the bench when teams are tired later in the match.

I do believe that he gives us an option in Europe that is very unique which many teams are unaccustomed to and poorly equipped to handle. Also his diligence about carrying out the manager's instructions make him somebody Mourinho has implicit trust in, which has it's own value that's hard to measure. Also suspect that he's a favorite among the squad, but that's pure conjecture on my part.
I'd definitely agree with this.

stevoc

Yeah let's forget he has played consistently well for 2.5 years now.
Jesus he's playing well recently but he hasn't been consistent, he's in fact been wildly inconsistent over the last few years. He's finished the last 3 seasons strongly and fought his way into the starting line-up fair play to him, but those periods of good form don't erase the periods where he has been awful. Like the run in a midfield 2 last year before Xmas.

This thread swings from one extreme to the other like a pendulum, he's either atrocious or brilliant. Truth is he's neither, just a good player who is useful in certain set-ups and has a handy habit of picking up form towards the business end of a season. Thats it.

Judging by the current rising trend of opinion in here i imagine it won't be long before someone is comparing him to Roy Keane in some way or other similar nonsense.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Jesus he's playing well recently but he hasn't been consistent, he's in fact been wildly inconsistent over the last few years. He's finished the last 3 seasons strongly and fought his way into the starting line-up fair play to him, but those periods of good form don't erase the periods where he has been awful. Like the run in a midfield 2 last year before Xmas.

This thread swings from one extreme to the other like a pendulum, he's either atrocious or brilliant. Truth is he's neither, just a good player who is useful in certain set-ups and has a handy habit of picking up form towards the business end of a season. Thats it.

Judging by the current rising trend of opinion in here i imagine it won't be long before someone is comparing him to Roy Keane in some way or other similar nonsense.

Disagree but OK.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
What is with all the hyperbole in this thread?

We already know that Fellaini is a decent player as a no.10 or second striker. He's probably the second best plan B in the league after Giroud. The issue was that Fellaini has been a mainstay in our midfield when that's not his position.

Mourinho identified a midfield weakness and addressed it, this has meant that Fellaini is mainly a sub in important games or starter in cup games. That's about his level.

yfoFC

Completely agree they are both players who have proven they aren't good enough regularly over a period of time. When they are on the bench or only start the odd game there isn't much to complain about and used correctly they will be appreciated for what they are.

If they are in the starting eleven on a regular basis the attitude will change and the team will be struggling because when those type of players are being picked something is going wrong.

This guy gets it..

FromTheBench

Was he injured?

Or else should have started instead of Herrera.

Weird Jose didn't bring him on either. It was game made for him.

stevoc

Was he injured?

Or else should have started instead of Herrera.

Weird Jose didn't bring him on either. It was game made for him.
I imagine that would have been against Premier League rules as he wasn't in the squad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Usually the classic sort of game he'd be involved in.
But I still would have thought Herrera would have stated, as he'll surely have a big role, and Fellaini wil be squad fil.

ManUtd1999

Usually the classic sort of game he'd be involved in.
But I still would have thought Herrera would have stated, as he'll surely have a big role, and Fellaini wil be squad fil.
Mourinho agrees: "This was a game for Fellaini and then on the set-pieces we would be more dominant than we were, we didn't have much time after the 2-1 to kill the game because if we have a little bit more minutes with the result at 2-1 I think they have more pace for us and we kill the game. And then they come back for that compact block and they defended with everything they have, so credit to them."

But, unfortunately he was injured today.

luke511

Only just realised he got 47 appearances for us last season, not bad!

manutddjw

What happened here?
The Daily Mail posted an exclusive from that same chick whose car Wayne drunkenly drove where she claims she spent the night with Fellaini and things were going well until she dropped her Big Mac in his pool which caused him to freak out on her. He tweeted that after the story came out. Hope he takes them both down.

izec

The Daily Mail posted an exclusive from that same chick whose car Wayne drunkenly drove where she claims she spent the night with Fellaini and things were going well until she dropped her Big Mac in his pool which caused him to freak out on her. He tweeted that after the story came out. Hope he takes them both down.
ok thanks. Right decision from Fellaini

Uniqueusername52119

So. He has a chance to score, it seems easier than missing. The posts are wide open. He gives her the elbow...

El Zoido

For a guy who isn't very good in the air for such a tall guy he's pretty good in the air.

lsd

The Oracle
Great goal love the guy gives everything for the shirt and comes up with the goods at the right time He is a proper United player .

Shark

@NotShark
How many goals has the guy scored for us now? Seems to have scored a lot of important goals since his arrival.

Dir Wangem

Love the man. Scores important goals, does what he's told, never complains. Great squad player.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Aaaand that's why Mourinho loves him. Or at least one of the reasons.

Shuriken

Another Fellaini goal with the header after a cross from Young. Middlesbrough away last time.

Also looking forward to seeing how Marouane's hair will look in this weather. Don't think I've ever witnessed his fro flattened down in the rain.

Exciting.

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Oh Marouane Fellaini, You're the love of my life Marouane Fellaini, I'll let you s... my wife Marouane Fellaini, and I want curly hair too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.