5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Finally Jose found the perfect role for him. He will also be a useful starter in some games.

Having Players like him or also Herrera and one of Martial/Mata/Rashford as well as Ibra later this year on the bench is fantastic. Might make the difference this year.

Pace Abuser

I've been a big critic in the past but he's finally found a proper place in the team. Credit to Jose. Jose has always loved him and now I see why. He's been impressive and is fast becoming a highly likeable cog of the team.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Glad to see he is getting some appreciation at last. I have never understood the criticism of him, some people spend far too much time focusing on what he cannot do, and completely overlook (or at least attempt to seriously downplay) the positive contributions that he brings to our team. His overall attitude and professionalism during a long and difficult period proves the character he possesses, and he should be given full credit for sticking to his task and is now confirming his worth to all but the most stubborn of detractors.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Finally I appreciate Fellaini, four years he's been at United and for 3 years I couldn't stand the sight of him.

Mourinho has changed him, he's found his strength and he's now a huge asset. Long may Fellaini stay for me now, he's a brilliant option from the bench.
It's not Mourinho that Changed him. He's been doing well since lvg first season. He had one bad season under Moyes and fans turned on him in an instant

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Goals scored with him and without him is funny little stat, not sure it means much but it made me smile.

In a limited role he is a good player and he is playing that exact role this season.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's a threat, it's surprised me how much his goal scoring has declined since being here. If we use him right I reckon he'll be able to get 10 goals this season.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Goals scored with him and without him is funny little stat, not sure it means much but it made me smile.

In a limited role he is a good player and he is playing that exact role this season.
When you say limited role what do you mean?. He has 2 clear and distinct roles which he plays, not many of our players offer two clear options when selected.

roonster09

Scout
When you say limited role what do you mean?. He has 2 clear and distinct roles which he plays, not many of our players offer two clear options when selected.
Coming on as a sub and using his physical attributes to good advantage rather than him starting. Also when he comes on we are leading so instead of trying to score first goal by lumping the ball to him in the box we now use him in midfield to win the ball and push Pogba bit higher and licence to go forward.

What 2 roles are you taking about?

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Coming on as a sub and using his physical attributes to good advantage rather than him starting. Also when he comes on we are leading so instead of trying to score first goal by lumping the ball to him in the box we now use him in midfield to win the ball and push Pogba bit higher and licence to go forward.

In some games he plays in front of the back 4. He forces teams out wide into the channels in defence and when in position he plays simple 1-2 passes to team mates to transition towards attack. Most notable example was the Europa League final.
In other games he gets to the back post as an attacking option. The whole lumping the ball forward thing is a really lazy comment people see others say and then repeat. The aerial balls he mostly gets sent to him are back post balls. The other aerial balls he deals with are when he is competing in the air for 50/50 balls. If you watch closely you will see the majority of his touches are on the deck.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

That was always the role that made sense the most. I will never understand why he was played in a different one in the past. Anyhow, if we're upfront, I hope Jose would play Pereira more

roonster09

Scout
In some games he plays in front of the back 4. He forces teams out wide into the channels in defence and when in position he plays simple 1-2 passes to team mates to transition towards attack. Most notable example was the Europa League final.
In other games he gets to the back post as an attacking option. The whole lumping the ball forward thing is a really lazy comment people see others say and then repeat. The aerial balls he mostly gets sent to him are back post balls. The other aerial balls he deals with are when he is competing in the air for 50/50 balls. If you watch closely you will see the majority of his touches are on the deck.
Maybe I didn't put it correctly. I mean when we are desperate for goal, we look at one way of playing, that is push Fellaini to the box and go direct. If we are bringing him when we are leading then we don't go that route, he is used to very good effect by playing him as ball winner and play the ball quickly. I'm not saying Fellaini's use is only winning aerieal duels (I have argued against it few times and I rate him higher than most on CAF), I meant when we are desperate we go for the easy option.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Thing he's added to his game (or more like, Mourinho asked him to do it more often) are those semi-long balls to Lukaku who knocks them down. I think that the first notable one was against Swansea for Martial's goal, now he'd done that again for Lukaku to move it to Lingard. I mean, it's nothing special nor spectacular, but he seems to be doing it more often and it makes the play more direct.

It would be brilliant if he could add like 10 goals+ in all comps this season by the way.

Martin(6)Buchan

Wonder if people are starting to mellow towards Fellani, as he seems to be doing the job Mourinho asks of him but still cringe worthy at time's and still definately not a starter in the team.

dichinero

Wonder if people are starting to mellow towards Fellani, as he seems to be doing the job Mourinho asks of him but still cringe worthy at time's and still definately not a starter in the team.
I'm one of those that can't stand him and still want him out for a better replacement but I have to admit that José has used him well so far and that's ok for me as long as José doesn't get too adventurous and tries to start him for any games.

70min+ sub and all will be well, I hope.

RedCurry

Hopefully nothing serious. Need the big man to be fit for Stoke. When we're leading and the opposition starts throwing everything at it, it's actually comforting to see him being subbed in. You just know that long balls anywhere around our box will be decisively cleared by his big afro.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I've been a fan since LVG's first season and thought about this today. Attitudes to the big man are only changing because we're winning, likewise people are less vocal about Herrera NEEDING to start.

Sterling Archer

This needs to be a trending hashtag. I am a giant marshmallow and have been all about Fellaini changing fans minds. And then last season there were so many games (v Chelsea in particular) where he was just so damn good in the team I went from sympathy to excitement. He is our weapon X and of course we have one of the few managers in the world that can take advantage of that.

I've been a fan since LVG's first season and thought about this today. Attitudes to the big man are only changing because we're winning, likewise people are less vocal about Herrera NEEDING to start.
I'm surprised he has come on as a sub more often than Herrera. But that's because I'm an American that played football in college and has no feckin clue. I will say his being on the pitch leads to a noticeable change in the match dynamics Im a fickle Fan. I wanna see Ander I wanna see Pereira but Jose knows what he's going.

Kazi

This needs to be a trending hashtag. I am a giant marshmallow and have been all about Fellaini changing fans minds. And then last season there were so many games (v Chelsea in particular) where he was just so damn good in the team I went from sympathy to excitement. He is our weapon X and of course we have one of the few managers in the world that can take advantage of that.

I'm surprised he has come on as a sub more often than Herrera. But that's because I'm an American that played football in college and has no feckin clue. I will say his being on the pitch leads to a noticeable change in the match dynamics Im a fickle Fan. I wanna see Ander I wanna see Pereira but Jose knows what he's going.
Surely if you played college ball, you'd realise that Fellaini is a MATCH-UP NIGHTMARE for these smaller guys. Like Gronk up against a linebacker.

AgentP

He is a brilliant option off the bench under any circumstance. If we need a goal, we can throw him on top and play long balls. If we need to defend, he helps out a lot in set pieces and corners which is where we are most likely to concede from. He was horrible under Moyes (everyone was). He improved a lot under Van Gaal but he was a starter which many didn't like. Now under Jose, he is being used as a super sub which is the perfect role for him.

ManUtd1999

In fairness to people here, I actually feel that there is now more consensus about Fellaini: more understanding of his strengths and weaknesses, more appreciation of what he can bring to the team, and overall more acceptance of him as part of Manchester United. Yes, I expect criticism in rainy days, but I don't think it will reach the levels that we saw until last spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.