5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

Fairs fair, he's started the season very well to go along with being great in the Europa League final.

It's clear that having Jose's faith has improved his confidence and as a result he's trying more ambitious things in terms of passing.

Good to see

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Also my pick for MOM. He's not a suave midfielder, but he eventually gets the job done. His substitution was the key of this game, IMHO.

Bwuk

I wouldn't be against seeing Fellaini playing as a #10 against Everton the more I think about it.

Let Herrera and Matic run the game from deeper.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
I wouldn't be against seeing Fellaini playing as a #10 against Everton the more I think about it.

Let Herrera and Matic run the game from deeper.
It would be hard to leave Fellaini out after his performance last night. I would go with the same midfield 3 you mentioned although with Matic sitting deep while Herrera and Fellaini ahead of him playing box to box. Much like we did with Carrick behind Fellaini and Herrera for that brief period where we looked great under Van Gaal.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It would be hard to leave Fellaini out after his performance last night. I would go with the same midfield 3 you mentioned although with Matic sitting deep while Herrera and Fellaini ahead of him playing box to box. Much like we did with Carrick behind Fellaini and Herrera for that brief period where we looked great under Van Gaal.
Think we should go with same set up with Herrera or Fellaini replacing Pogba. Mkhitaryan, Mata, Martial/Rashford, Lukaku will take care of attack and Fellaini anyways bombs forward.

RedPnutz

Can we change the picture here? It's frankly a disrespectful caricature of a player that gives his all for the club, whatever Football quality you think he possesses.

Acole9

Outstanding
Can we change the picture here? It's frankly a disrespectful caricature of a player that gives his all for the club, whatever Football quality you think he possesses.
I agree, it was funny until the internet went into meltdown over it. I'd like to see him be given some starts and play high up the pitch.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
This, and Phil Jones' as well.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Fellaini liked this picture on Twitter himself. As long as it is intended to be in good spirit, I don't see it as disrespectful.

PoTMS

Yes, it's not funny anymore.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Can we have this as his new pic?

Also nobody complained when his pic was him bleeding angrily last season.

rollingstoned1

That backhell though :eek: Marouane is a skillful player.
You actually don't see him losing the ball that much, he is pretty decent technically and has a good touch. Where he is massively wanting is awareness, vision and passing ability. It's why he could never be a CM for us when Moyes bought him for it.

Jaybomb

"Give me Marouane Fellaini and 10 pieces of wood and I'll win you the Champions League." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Legend.

EricaNo7

I was pleased when we bought him as he always played so well against us. He took some terrible criticism because he was associated with Moyes and I think we all want to forget that year but the two players everyone thought Jose would jettison immediately ( Fellaini and Mata ) are 2 of our best players now. I'm particularly delighted for Fellaini because he had such dreadful criticism

ManUtd1999

MOURINHO: THE KEY TO FELLAINI'S FORM
Jose Mourinho has pinpointed the respect he has for Marouane Fellaini as being key to the midfielder's impressive performances of late.

"I always thought that he was a player with special qualities and players with special qualities are players with a place in your team or in your squad," the boss said. "I knew he was a player with a lot to give, but I think the relation between the players and the managers are very important in their performance levels, confidence levels and self-esteem levels.

"I think we managers are guilty many times of good things the players do and we are also guilty of bad things, or players not performing as well as they could do. I think that's part of our careers and I think Marouane is performing very well because he feels I respect him as a player."

Mourinho also feels his positive treatment of Fellaini after he conceded a penalty late on against Everton at Goodison Park last term has helped the player.

"His mistake last season [at Everton] is what I can accept in a player," the boss added. "If a goalkeeper makes a mistake for a goal, I accept [it]. I accept a player that misses a penalty kick and gives a penalty away – I accept all these kinds of individual mistakes that are part of the game and part of football players.

"What I did with Marouane was what I do normally with players. [Phil] Jones made a bad mistake for Stoke's second goal. Did I kill him? No. Is he going to be on the bench on Sunday? No. Life goes on and that's the way I do [it] and that’s the way I did [it] last season with Fellaini.

"When players make a big mistake and everyone knows they did it, players are the first ones to know they did it. They don’t need any more criticism from the manager than they get from the fans or the media. It’s just being pragmatic and common sense."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-is-key-to-recent-Marouane-Fellaini-form.aspx

Man Utd 4:0 Everton

Obiorahking_

Limited passing aside I think he has done a pretty good job. Only criticism I would have of him is that sometimes he forgets to open up to recieve the ball from Matic and our defenders. Other than that he is just a goal/assist shy of MOTM

MuranoLover

Invisible ? Is that a joke ? Let me know his stats for interceptions and etc for this match after its end

Obiorahking_

People must be high to think that Fellaini had a poor game. He won back so many crucial balls tonight. Glad he played

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Did well today. We missed Pogba, but that's not to say Fellaini played poorly. He did well, he's just not Pogba.

AR87

He was extremely active in the 2nd half. Looked much better when Herrera came on late as it freed him to press higher up the pitch. His interception led to the 2nd goal that killed off the match.

Not as good as he was against Basel, but very solid.

OneUnited24

I liked Fellaini today but in Pogbas absence i think we need to switch to a 3. Fellaini intercepted a lot of balls but he lacks the quality to control the game.

Jagga7

He did well in tackling and getting the ball back but he was way too slow on the ball.

Roboc7

Really poor first half, better in the second but just Doesn't have ability to play in a midfield two, was lucky matic able to cover for him. Everton were able to match his physicality so other than wining ball back a few times he was a passenger, lucky we were playing poor side.

Status
Not open for further replies.