Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nah, anytime United doesn't win everyone's out calling for his head despite how he played. The fact you refer to him having that 'one decent game' shows that you're full of shit.
He has only had one decent game this season. The rest have been complete nothingness. Like your posts

ManUtd1999

He has only had one decent game this season. The rest have been complete nothingness. Like your posts
It's OK to admit that you were wrong.

Speaking of this season, here are his last 4 matches before the injury:
Crystal Palace: 2 goals, MOTM
Everton: a 6/10 type of performance
Soton: a 6/10 type of performance
Basel (played roughly 70 minutes): 1 goal and 1 assist, MOTM

So, when you're saying that he had only one decent game this season, you're absolutely trying to re-write history (to put it mildly).

We saw yesterday a player who is a constant threat on the goal, more than many other more gifted players that we have. We saw someone who cleared threat in our box more than any other non-defender in our team. Was it a great game? No, certainly not in the 2nd half. But try to be reasonable.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's OK to admit that you were wrong.

Speaking of this season, here are his last 4 matches before the injury:
Crystal Palace: 2 goals, MOTM
Everton: a 6/10 type of performance
Soton: a 6/10 type of performance
Basel (played roughly 70 minutes): 1 goal and 1 assist, MOTM

So, when you're saying that he had only one decent game this season, you're absolutely trying to re-write history (to put it mildly).

We saw yesterday a player who is a constant threat on the goal, more than many other more gifted players that we have. We saw someone who cleared threat in our box more than any other non-defender in our team. Was it a great game? No, certainly not in the 2nd half. But try to be reasonable.
Ok, so you've blown me out of the water. 2 games. Amazing. Those 6/10s you proudly mention were actually nothing performances.
People are rewriting history when they've jumped on the Fellaini bandwagon. Literally as soon as that Palace game finished they all of a sudden see how much he brings to the team, as if it makes it seem like they have an astute footballing knowledge because they're sticking up for the guy everyone said was awful.
He's been tosh. Slightly better recently, but that wasn't difficult. I'm not saying he hasn't helped in those games, and in the EL last season. But 80% of his games are either crap and highly noticeable (ie fecking up) or invisible where it really matters.

Until Pogba's first game back, he had a higher rating than him on here. If that doesn't prove the caf jumped on a bandwagon..

Or maybe you think he's actually been better.

chris wilson

No doubt about it, Fellaini gives all he's got to the cause and that's the kind of passion we need from a United player. Saying that, the guy is blatantly not a good enough player technically to perform for a team with real ambition to fight for top honours.

To be honest I want to love the big guy but christ on a bike he is a clumsy oaf and makes our football look way off the pace of today's genuine fluent attacking footie as per PSG, Barcelona, City and Chelsea when Willian, Hazard and Morata are on song.

Needs letting go asap. if we are serious about wanting to challenge. Lukaku falls onto the same category. Too awkward and lacking in artistry to come close to ever being a world class striker. We need to say byebyes to Fellaini, Lukaku, Lindgard possibly Herrera too and replace eith some talented skillful footballers and quit with the embarrassing defensive hoofball footie.

United_We_Stand

I know it's just the Mail, but the idea of Fellaini demanding £170k a week is so insulting!

rejected United's first contract offer in September as he seeks a new deal worth in the region of £170,000-a-week, and could walk away as a free agent at the end of the season

United_We_Stand

Please take the contract discussion to the United forum. This is a player performance thread.
He had a contract/transfer-related thread when the club triggered the extra year option in his contract, but the thread was closed. Now most of the updates on his contract situation are posted here (especially from page 38 onward).

meninred

There is a rumour he might go to PSG to join the attacking trio of neymar,mbape and cavani.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He had a contract/transfer-related thread when the club triggered the extra year option in his contract, but the thread was closed. Now most of the updates on his contract situation are posted here (especially from page 38 onward).
Not sure why that thread was closed. Feel free to start a new one in the United forum.

Champagne Football

You'd wonder if Jose agreed behind the scenes to join PSG in 18 months - may he have hinted to them to get Fellaini on a free this summer.

Fellaini struggles to guarantee a first team place in certain games but he's probably the best squad player out there. Been brilliant for about a year now.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Not worth £170,000 per week. That is insane. Let him go for free.

He's 30 years old as well and we can't tie up that sort of salary for someone who's not a nailed on starter - it would set a really bad precedent.

I like him, but he's taking the piss. The club shouldn't be having any headaches over this. He isn't an elite player. Stop negotiating and let him go.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
And that rumour about PSG - please! As if they would go near him. What is it with him and Jose using PSG to hold us to ransom:lol:

I really hope our board is not that stupid to give in to him. Jose will just have to find another 'son'.

Man Utd 1:0 Brighton

prath92

Played well in his cameo. Intercepted and defended well. Commentators wanted him to concede a penalty so badly that the complete non event where the ball hit his shoulder when his arm was close to his body was made into a ‘Brighton got robbed’ moment

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Fecks sake. We could have used him for a 3-5-2 now that Matic might be out. Herrera and Pogba can't be trusted in a midfield two against the Arse.

RedDevilRoshi

With Pogba suspended for the derby, we desperately need him back for next week.

Hope this mysterious injury isn’t anything serious

SirAF

Ageist
Gotta rest Matic against Moscow and hope Fellaini is back for City.

IAmAWinner

This guy will be crucial disrupting the techno midgets passing game in the derby. Praying he will be fit.

Loublaze

ATLien
This guy will be crucial disrupting the techno midgets passing game in the derby. Praying he will be fit.
This is exactly the type of opposition he struggles against. Skillful short players will do circles around Fellaini for days. The Herrera that played against Chelsea last season in the 2-0 win at OT is what we need more for this game

Kapardin

This is exactly the type of opposition he struggles against. Skillful short players will do circles around Fellaini for days. The Herrera that played against Chelsea last season in the 2-0 win at OT is what we need more for this game
All Herrera did was man-mark Hazard. Did that very well, but what connection does it have with struggling against technical players or otherwise?

Its' a myth actually. When Fellaini plays well, it doesn't matter whether they are technical players or brutes, he plays well. Because his job is to make simple passes and keep the midfield ticking (nothing lavish like Pogba), make some key tackles and interceptions, ensure that he is not a hindrance on counters with his immobility, and get into right positions during set-pieces.

Matic will do most of the tackling and intercepting to dispossess Silva or De Bruyne. Fellaini just needs to not lose possession, which he does well enough when on form. But we need him to be on form, and not shite post-injury.

Loublaze

ATLien
All Herrera did was man-mark Hazard. Did that very well, but what connection does it have with struggling against technical players or otherwise?

Its' a myth actually. When Fellaini plays well, it doesn't matter whether they are technical players or brutes, he plays well. Because his job is to make simple passes and keep the midfield ticking (nothing lavish like Pogba), make some key tackles and interceptions, ensure that he is not a hindrance on counters with his immobility, and get into right positions during set-pieces.

Matic will do most of the tackling and intercepting to dispossess Silva or De Bruyne. Fellaini just needs to not lose possession, which he does well enough when on form. But we need him to be on form, and not shite post-injury.
He won't be on form by matchday on Sunday so do you think he should start if he's given the clear to play? When he came on against Chelsea as a sub he immediately gave away two chances with a misplaced pass to Hazard and by being caught in possession on the edge of the 18. He couldn't handle Chelsea's midfield and he was best utilized further up the pitch on the receiving end of hoof football as usual

Kapardin

He won't be on form by matchday on Sunday so do you think he should start if he's given the clear to play? When he came on against Chelsea as a sub he immediately gave away two chances with a misplaced pass to Hazard and by being caught in possession on the edge of the 18. He couldn't handle Chelsea's midfield and he was best utilized further up the pitch on the receiving end of hoof football as usual
He was clearly unfit for the Chelsea game and rushed in by Jose when we were 1-0 down. Looks like shouldn't even have been on the bench for that game.

We are on a good run, and so he's not going to be rushed now. If he plays, it will be because he is 100% fit. And he should do ok if so. The problem is, we have been pretty shite whenever Herrera's played, barring the CSKA games. So options are few.

ManUtd1999

Fellaini played in that match too, and was great. Everyone was that day.

I hope to see a 3-man midfield, with Fellaini in the most advanced position. He constitutes a real threat on goal, and can allow Matic and Herrera to focus on defending. Hopefully that will make Herrera more useful, because offensively he offers nothing this year (and not doing well defensively either, but maybe in a 3-man midfield he can do better).

Last edited:

prath92

Ok, so you've blown me out of the water. 2 games. Amazing. Those 6/10s you proudly mention were actually nothing performances.
People are rewriting history when they've jumped on the Fellaini bandwagon. Literally as soon as that Palace game finished they all of a sudden see how much he brings to the team, as if it makes it seem like they have an astute footballing knowledge because they're sticking up for the guy everyone said was awful.
He's been tosh. Slightly better recently, but that wasn't difficult. I'm not saying he hasn't helped in those games, and in the EL last season. But 80% of his games are either crap and highly noticeable (ie fecking up) or invisible where it really matters.

Until Pogba's first game back, he had a higher rating than him on here. If that doesn't prove the caf jumped on a bandwagon..

Or maybe you think he's actually been better.
he was one of our best performer vs southampton so it clearly wasnt a nothing performance

IAmAWinner

We need him back asap, I really can't stand Herrera doing Cleverley in our midfield anymore.

Davie Moyes

Where was the big man yesterday? Injured? It's a shame he was not available yesterday. Whilst I don't particularly enjoy our style of play when we resort to long balls up to him, you can't argue it's not effective.
I think last season in the same fixture he created a bit of havoc in the second half after City totally dominated first half.

RedDevil@84

Where was the big man yesterday? Injured? It's a shame he was not available yesterday. Whilst I don't particularly enjoy our style of play when we resort to long balls up to him, you can't argue it's not effective.
I think last season in the same fixture he created a bit of havoc in the second half after City totally dominated first half.
With Oliver in charge, he would have got sent off for elbowing.

ManUtd1999

Do you guys think that Lukaku does better with Fellaini in the team? I'm not necessarily talking about yesterday (as Lukaku had a very poor game), but in general. I feel that the hold-up play of Fellaini (particularly of long balls) takes that responsibility off Lukaku and makes him more available inside the box.

el3mel

Do you guys think that Lukaku does better with Fellaini in the team? I'm not talking about yesterday (as Lukaku had a very poor game), but in general. I feel that the hold-up play of Fellaini (particularly of long balls) takes that responsibility off Lukaku and makes him more available inside the box.
He helps him a bit in 2 things, first he acts as the long balls target, and he's x10 better than Lukaku in chesting the ball and bringing it to other players around him, and second he provides another presence in the box when we make a cross, thus the opponent is worried about 2 players instead of one. In all our goals scored by headers from Fellaini and Lukaku, both were jumping at the same time on it, so if it pass one it'll hit the other.

However Lukaku shouldn't depend on having another one beside him all the time.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not this again. He won't solve any of our problems

ManUtd1999

He helps him a bit in 2 things, first he acts as the long balls target, and he's x10 better than Lukaku in chesting the ball and bringing it to other players around him, and second he provides another presence in the box when we make a cross, thus the opponent is worried about 2 players instead of one. In all our goals scored by headers from Fellaini and Lukaku, both were jumping at the same time on it, so if it pass one it'll hit the other.

However Lukaku shouldn't depend on having another one beside him all the time.
Yes, that's the way that I also see it, and it would be interesting to see if Lukaku does indeed better when Fellaini returns.

I missed him yesterday. After City scored the second goal, we didn't almost have a sniff and you would think that Fellaini could help us in that department... you know, creating more chaos in their box. And, of course, he could've helped defending the set pieces that ultimately cost us the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.