5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rane

The number of games in which Fellaini has been good is higher than the number of performances where he's been a liability.

He's a class squad player for a top 6 club although he will never be good enough to start regularly. Surprised so many can't see that.

He's obviously nowhere near Martial though.:lol:
Would City have him in their squad? Would Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool? Let’s be honest now...they wouldn’t. They possess a myriad of better options more suited to the way they play football. He’s being utilised by Jose because he’s here and he’s willing. He wouldn’t have actively pursued him as a transfer target.

Also I’m not sure how you can really pidgeon-hole a players’ PL performances into two categories....good and not a liability? I would sincerely hope that a £30 million player’s good performances outweigh the bad. My issue with Fellaini is primarily this...most of his performances can be grouped within the undescribed middle ground. Particularly the section that denotes average at best.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Would City have him in their squad? Would Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool? Let’s be honest now...they wouldn’t. They possess a myriad of better options more suited to the way they play football. He’s being utilised by Jose because he’s here and he’s willing. He wouldn’t have actively pursued him as a transfer target.

Also I’m not sure how you can really pidgeon-hole a players’ PL performances into two categories....good and not a liability? I would sincerely hope that a £30 million player’s good performances outweigh the bad. My issue with Fellaini is primarily this...most of his performances can be grouped within the undescribed middle ground. Particularly the section that denotes average at best.
If Arsenal bought players like Fellaini they wouldn't be the trash team they are right now. Arsene in our case would not even consider Fellaini and stick to Herrera, lose multiple games but still stick to Herrera because of "playing style". So yes, Arsene wouldn't have Fellaini but that's because he is missing out.

Liverpool, he would slot right in.

Kapardin

I don't see why not. There is obviously no space in their squads for him at the moment, but if there was, no Top 6 team would baulk at having him on the bench.

Fellaini is not a top 6 starter, but he certainly can be a top 6 bench player.

Nobody denied he's average. That's what average players do -- they have good and bad performances, and they are bench players for that reason. Of course, if the bad outweighs the good, they are no longer good enough for the bench. Fellaini has been more good than bad.

dichinero

The only reason a player like Fellaini will be at any top 6 club is only if they hired a David Moyes and the player was the last resort after a shambolic transfer window.

If Moyes was still at Everton today, I highly doubt any serious club will even consider him.

An series of unfortunate events that befell Manchester United

Robbie Boy

I don't see why not. There is obviously no space in their squads for him at the moment, but if there was, no Top 6 team would baulk at having him on the bench.

Nobody denied he's average. That's what average players do -- they have good and bad performances, and they are bench players for that reason. Of course, if the bad outweighs the good, they are no longer good enough for the bench. Fellaini has been more good than bad.
The bolded part is blatantly untrue and a quick read of this thread alone will show that. He's become one of our most overrated players by a hard-core-cult-following that he has on here.

He's been useful this season and has actually been pretty decent for the most part, but I certainly wouldn't be adverse to seeing him leave and people saying they would be "devastated" if he left, is melodramatic bullshit at it's absolute finest.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Deep. I've answered myself, I'm right.
'Fellaini has been out for a month or so, have we played beautiful tippy tappy football without him in the side and stopped playing it long?'

Well I don't think that the bolded is anywise an answer to the question posed above as it doesn't logically make any sense but then again neither does any 'contribution' you've made in this thread, fabricating statistics about Fellaini last season included, so I cannot say I've expected any revelations here.

Rane

If Arsenal bought players like Fellaini they wouldn't be the trash team they are right now. Arsene in our case would not even consider Fellaini and stick to Herrera, lose multiple games but still stick to Herrera because of "playing style". So yes, Arsene wouldn't have Fellaini but that's because he is missing out.

So what you’re saying is that if Fellaini was in Arsenal’s squad they would suddenly be a changed and terrific side? I’m sorry but I do disagree there. He would not fit well into their system as they play primarily with the ball to feet, short and sharp combination play....exactly where Fellaini does not excel. Sure they could use him to play more direct like United do and it may result in the odd payoff but why would Wenger do that when creating chances and scoring goals is not one of Arsenal’s fundamental weaknesses?

Herrera is a better footballer than Fellaini and would actually slot nicely into Arsenal’s midfield. I suppose your argument really hinges on the assumption that using Fellaini will suddenly improve Arsenal because it is different to how they normally play. I would counter by stating that just because it’s different, it does not automatically suggest it is better. Remember this trash team still finished above United last season. Arsenal’s problem is that they struggle to defend properly as a team when the ball breaks down. They don’t press well and they leave space for the opposition to hurt them on the counter. They lack a truly stable, standard bearing central midfielder a la Matic and their defenders are not up to scratch. Fellaini really would not improve them one iota.

As for Liverpool I really don’t believe Fellaini is the type of player Klopp would look to recruit. Think about how they play the game? He isn’t mobile enough, nor will Liverpool play to his strengths. Sure he could play in CM for them but that doesn’t mean they would look to sign him. They’ve agreed a deal for Keita (a very talented individual) who is the prototype midfielder for the high intensity system of play that Klopp promotes. I state again, IMO he would clearly not be a target for those clubs, as he would not improve them in the way they wish to be improved.

Rane

Come on. Guardiola wouldn’t have him on the bench at City, never in a million years. He isn’t the type of player Conte, Wenger, Pochettino or Klopp fundamentally desires. Mourinho is only using him because he’s already in the squad. He wouldn’t buy him on the open market as there are superior alternatives.

stevoc

Lets remember Arsenal finished above us in the league over the last 4 seasons. The reason for that was partly because they didn't have a player like Fellaini who was featuring very regularly for them. As a squad player like he is now i suppose Fellaini is fine but for United over the past few years he has featured in the first team prominently especially under Van Gaal.

No top 4 side would rely so heavily on Fellaini as we have since Ferguson's retirement. It's not a major surprise during that time we only managed to scrape into the top 4 once. And before some of you get riled up. I'm not blaming it all on Fellaini there have been a number of players (and of course managers) who just haven't been up to the standard a club like United should have.

Loublaze

ATLien

If I was an Arsenal fan i'd rather keep the style and identity than fork out for a plan B percentages player like Fellaini. The only difference he'd make at the Emirates is make the football unwatchable, they still wouldn't win a thing. Klopp would never play Fellaini because he's basically Wenger junior

Ekeke

If the rumour that his agent approached Juventus and they rejected him is true I can only laugh. I guess you dont get anything without asking, but how or why his agent thought Fellaini would ever get into the team is funny to me. Even on a free transfer its a no.

Plato

If the rumour that his agent approached Juventus and they rejected him is true I can only laugh. I guess you dont get anything without asking, but how or why his agent thought Fellaini would ever get into the team is funny to me. Even on a free transfer its a no.
His agent probably reads the posts on RedCafe about how "any team on the planet would love a player like Fellaini".

Those posts coming a couple of months after a transfer battle for him between Galatasaray and Bursaspor.

MAME DIOUF 32

It's indicative of how crazy the money in football is now that the club would entertain the possibility of paying £7m+ a year for a battering ram.

Ekeke

Still my favourite start to a caf statement.
Its the important part. Its on goal.com but that doesnt mean its true. If it turns out to be true, then the rest of the post applies. If not then no shade to Fellaini's agent.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Its the important part. Its on goal.com but that doesnt mean its true. If it turns out to be true, then the rest of the post applies. If not then no shade to Fellaini's agent.
Goal is one of the least reputable sources out there.

That statement just give a people the opportunity to slag someone but with insurance to not be called out on it.

Ekeke

Goal is one of the least reputable sources out there.

That statement just give a people the opportunity to slag someone but with insurance to not be called out on it.
Because if its not true, then theres no slag

Meanwhile the entire forum is based on people posting about speculation and talking about things that are reported on there.

poacher

Let him leave. 150k per week for a battering ram only suited to hoofball is a joke! We are Manchester United and we need to play a better brand of football than to hoof the ball to Fellaini in an attempt to nick a goal. There are so many good footballers we could bring in like Fekir, Savic, Jorginho, Jean Seri, Goretzka, Fabinho. Why we would reject much better footballers to keep such a limited player is baffling. If Fellaini was happy as a squad player earning decent wages then it could make sense to retain him but his 150k wage demands are ridiculous and I hope we let him go.

stepic

Because if its not true, then theres no slag

Meanwhile the entire forum is based on people posting about speculation and talking about things that are reported on there.
If it's from goal.com then there's no if

el3mel

Unlucky not to score in the first half, very good defending on their set pieces.

Can't fault him at all.

binary bot
The game pretty much summed him up, extremely useful in either box - a nonentity outside of them.

AshRK

Luckily for him there were players like lingard,herrera, darmian and blind who were even more crap than him. Enjoy fella you are in the safe zone today.

Roboc7

Offers virtually nothing as a midfielder, wins a lot of headers but he isn’t actually very good at heading the ball.

Hopefully the new contract remains unsigned.

Devil may care

If Headball was a sport he'd be great, offers so little with the ball on the deck, him and Herrera in for Matic and Mata brought the technical quality of our midfield down substantially.

Sylar

Made some great defensive headers. I still think hes better as a midfielder thats more towards opposition box than his own.
Have no issues with him being part of our squad and hes been a much better player under Jose.

like most of the team, was better first half than second though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
One in 50? Nothing player.
All right then.
Yes. He's a complete filler of a player. He's literally had two good games and people refuse to admit it now.

A couple of decent defensive headers isn't offering something to the team as a cm.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's a player who sums up the mediocrity in our squad. Does a decent job at times but rather than attempt to ensure he scores, he makes sure he just heads it. Rather than trying to make the pass effective he makes sure the pass goes to a player. Not good enough

Reactions: SteveJ

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I thought he was fairly anonymous 2nd half as were most our midfield, the only difference was he won a ton of balls thrown into our box. While the others just disappeared completely.
First half he should have scored at least 1, disappointing.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yup, had a fine game.

A lot of brainless knee jerk comments in here tonight.
Crying 'kneejerk' because of commenting on the game that just happened is a brainless comment too. CMs should be controlling the tempo of the game. We had none in the second half, and even in the first where we were playing better he contributed next to nothing. Him, Herrera, and the wingbacks are the reason we got nothing from tonight.

The bandwagon everyone is on because of that one decent game is kneejerk. Saying he's crap is the opposite.

Last edited:

Smores

He was fine, our midfield just lacked the presence of someone to dictate attacking play when Pogba went off.

His role is quite obvious people are just willfully choosing to be ignorant of it to criticise him.

Acole9

Outstanding
He played alright, he's a very good player in both boxes on set pieces. Probably should've scored really on that one that hit the post.

shield

Think he is still short of match fitness. Think him , Matc and Pogba are a good combination. We have everything there, control, good defense and ability to go aerial if things get tight.

iKeano

Few ineffective headers in the box - count as headers won, but for someone thats 'good in the air', he should have scored a few.
Few decent defensive clearances that highlight Smalling's shortcomings. I'm still uncomfortable any time Fellaini is in the box defending, another elbow is imminent.

Wasn't our worst on the night, but if he's good enough to play for Utd, then we're vunerable enough to lose to Basel - simple as.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Crying 'kneejerk' because of commenting on the game that just happened is a brainless comment too. CMs should be controlling the tempo of the game. We had none in the second half, and even in the first where we were playing better he contributed next to nothing. Him, Herrera, and the wingbacks are the reason we got nothing from tonight.

The bandwagon everyone is on because of that one decent game is kneejerk. Saying he's crap is the opposite.
Nah, anytime United doesn't win everyone's out calling for his head despite how he played. The fact you refer to him having that 'one decent game' shows that you're full of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.