Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Please don't sign it

Feck off and be someone else's problem

Bobski

Can't play football with him in the team. No doubt there will be some sensitive soul crying about Neville picking him out but he is a terrible footballer who needs to be gone as soon as possible. So limited, just stand in the box and win headers.

el3mel

Typical performance after talking shite about the club regarding his contract. Feck off from the club, I don't care much.

El Pasillo

One bad performance doesn't change that Fellaini is an absolutely crucial rotational player for Manchester United.

His skillsets are still valuable for the club.

Manchester United should do everything they can to tie him down.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
One bad performance doesn't change that Fellaini is an absolutely crucial rotational player for Manchester United.

Are you for real?

Roboc7

Can't play football with him in the team. No doubt there will be some sensitive soul crying about Neville picking him out but he is a terrible footballer who needs to be gone as soon as possible. So limited, just stand in the box and win headers.
Neville was spot on, he is a target man who does some basics in midfield. There will be a 4-5 goals a season maybe an assist but more often than not that is the level of performance we will contimue to see. Only a Utd is that rewarded with a pay rise and a new contract.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Jose's as much of an idiot for picking him. Specially after just mugging the club off. An invite for everyone to take the piss now.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
He absolutely should not start any of the remaining games. Bring him on in the dying minute if we're chasing a game but that's about it.

RonaldoVII

Bizarre inclusion tonight. Why play him so deep? Then why take him off when we're bound to get more possession and start lumping it in the box.

Robbie Boy

Knew he would start after the goal against Arsenal and knew exactly the kind of performance he would give. He has to go this summer.

Zoo

He looks like an idiot playing like this after that interview a few days ago. Hopefully he has already agreed to join another club.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Who is telling him he’s actually a midfielder?.

He’s the last player you want sitting as the last man infront of your defence with the ball ffs.

Jose needs to give his head a wobble, I can’t believe he’s happy playing these tactics.

Rajma

How can a player demand £100k+ a week when he can’t be trusted to start a game of football? Beyond insane if we are going to cave in.

Rajma

:lol:

Gbenger

When he gets his contract, I'm gonna enjoy watching Mourinho's strongest fans defend his decision to keep Fellaini over Martial.

After all, both of them want to leave.

Walters_19_MuFc

Had plenty of shite performances like this without Fellaini in the team. West Brom being one of them.

That said, when he's in the team, surely we must play to his strengths, and this is what confuses me about Mourinho.

When Fellaini came on against Arsenal, he was a massive threat because we told him to make late runs into the box and got crosses in.

Tonight, however, we decided to ponce around with the ball and play pointless five yards passes, instead of getting the ball wide and getting it in the box.

My opinions of Fellaini hasn't changed after this game.

He will always have his uses if played to his strengths. Tonight we didn't do that.

Based Adnan

154 apps for us with the majority of them being similar to his performance today. I can't believe it. What's even worse is our manager is desperate to extend his contract.

King Eric 7

Misused tonight and not for the first time. He has his uses, but not sitting deep in midfield. We need two new midfielders AND to keep Fellaini, just not as a starter.

spiriticon

Had plenty of shite performances like this without Fellaini in the team. West Brom being one of them.

That said, when he's in the team, surely we must play to his strengths, and this is what confuses me about Mourinho.

When Fellaini came on against Arsenal, he was a massive threat because we told him to make late runs into the box and got crosses in.

Tonight, however, we decided to ponce around with the ball and play pointless five yards passes, instead of getting the ball wide and getting it in the box.

My opinions of Fellaini hasn't changed after this game.

He will always have his uses if played to his strengths. Tonight we didn't do that.

Well I'm sorry but we can't all keep playing to his strengths every game. There are 10 other players on that pitch whose strengths we have to consider.

A top player will always be able to adapt his game.

Ashley R1+O

Can play all positions in midfield at an above acceptable level, can see why Jose wants him to stay as he is the perfect utility player with the attitude to match. We can definitely shuffle the pack if he does leave, so it is neither here nor there. It is more than obvious why Jose values him, his mentality is what you want to see in Martial/Rashford and co.

luke511

Seeing him get the ball with acres of space in front of him and still passing it behind him is a serious strain on my mental health.

Walters_19_MuFc

Well I'm sorry but we can't all keep playing to his strengths every game. There are 10 other players on that pitch whose strengths we have to consider.

A top player will always be able to adapt his game.
I agree, but it's about finding that balance, which Mourinho hasn't worked out yet.

Van Gaal had that balance when he played Fellaini in midfield.

Litch

Can play all positions in midfield at an above acceptable level, can see why Jose wants him to stay as he is the perfect utility player with the attitude to match. We can definitely shuffle the pack if he does leave, so it is neither here nor there. It is more than obvious why Jose values him, his mentality is what you want to see in Martial/Rashford and co.
Spot on. Today he did nothing wrong and played to his ability. The issue for me is when he passes it to those who should do something more difficult with it, they failed to deliver. We lacked creativity and that's not his fault cause he's not in the team to provide it....

bdspeedy

I didn't notice any particular mistakes by him. In fact I thought he was less poor than most of the rest of the team. Most of his passes were forward and on target. He broke up at least one Brighton pass near our penalty area and in general was ok.

Bwuk

He’s absolute dross.

Can someone please tell me what other top European side would entertain someone like Fellaini in their side?

ash_86

only time he's effective is while he's been brought in last 10 min to hoof to or to defend the lead. It would be ideal for both parties if he didn't sign the extension. We may end up paying £50m , but would be getting an actual midfielder.

Canagel

Who is telling him he’s actually a midfielder?.

He’s the last player you want sitting as the last man infront of your defence with the ball ffs.

Jose needs to give his head a wobble, I can’t believe he’s happy playing these tactics.
Exactly. This is what Leon Osman said about Fellaini.
"When he played for us you wanted him as far away from our box as possible, get him up causing havoc in around the opposition penalty area where he was really good."

He is simply NOT a midfield player. He should only play upfront in the dying stages of a game we are chasing and that's it. And even then we can get a whole load of players to be a plan B before Fellaini. The sooner he's gone the better. Jose is very stupid for thinking Fellaini can be used to build up play like a normal midfielder. I'd take even fecking Shelvey over Fellaini in midfield. It's an absolute joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.