5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Foley

Bit unfair that last bit. Since Sir Alex retired I can't recall any other player that has scored more of our goals in 1-0 wins. Must be a half dozen now.
I went looking. He hasn’t scored as many winners as we all think, I was surprised. Though a lot of his goals were important in the context of the game.

Ashley R1+O

Worked hard through the 90 and got the reward at the end. It takes one chance, one moment of quality to seal the difference. Well in, imo.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good goal and one more important goal for the big man.

Overall his performance was average but he made the best or second best contribution.

ManUtd1999

Towards the end of the game, he made the best cross that we had (to Lukaku), brought the ball down to Mata for a decent chance and then scored.

Not a great game, but he was decent.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I like Fellaini, but I'm getting seriously tired of him being played in a normal midfield position. He's a role-player, not an actual midfielder. If you want someone to sit deep and really protect the defenders, he can do that as he showed in those two games earlier in the season. If you want someone to man-mark an opposition danger-man, he can do that (although Herrera is probably better). If you want someone you can bring on in the last 20-30 minutes and really change the game (either offensively or defensively), he's the man.

Give him a specific role to fill and he's generally good at it. But just putting him in the midfield and expecting things to work out? No. Just no.

Credit to him for scoring the winner, but otherwise he was terrible today.

Kapardin

He has the mentality of a world class player, and is actually above average skills-wise. Very underrated and I hope he stays with us as a squad player for as long as he doesn't decline.

MuranoLover

So , when Messi or CR7 have a shit game , but score the winner , this is world class , but when our Fella does it ...

Sterling Archer

I went looking. He hasn’t scored as many winners as we all think, I was surprised. Though a lot of his goals were important in the context of the game.
Roger that. Whatever the specific numbers are, my immediate thought of Fellaini on our team doesn't make me cringe like many here. Those goals, route one they may be, elicit good memories of winning so that's part of it. The other is just the desire. We've got so many players I don't see playing with desire that I'm latching onto anyone that does. Id probably be all about even , say, Lee Cattermole tbh because at least he'd try and get the team going.

Guess it's a bleak positivity .

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
This sounds really bad, and I’m sorry, but I actually kinda hate everyone in this thread that’s trying to be positive and complimentary. I mean, I’m sure you’re all very nice, and look after your mums, but seriously, feck you all. I’ve absolutely no idea what planet you live on, but I hope it explodes.

The whole “he does a good job and gives his all” thing is no longer amusing to me. I’ve never seen a player so utterly ramshackle, allowed to play in whatever fecking position he wants, for however long he wants, and then be excused for the way he absolutely destroys any semblance of positioning, or how often he fecks up our football, by virtue of the fact that he can bundle in a goal to rescue a result against a team we should be beating easily, and probably would be if we didn’t set our entire team up to play to strengths of Everton’s 3rd best player circa 2012.

We’re a dead club walking for as long as this thread remains relevant.

Last edited:

Charlie Foley

Roger that. Whatever the specific numbers are, my immediate thought of Fellaini on our team doesn't make me cringe like many here. Those goals, route one they may be, elicit good memories of winning so that's part of it. The other is just the desire. We've got so many players I don't see playing with desire that I'm latching onto anyone that does. Id probably be all about even , say, Lee Cattermole tbh because at least he'd try and get the team going.

Guess it's a bleak positivity .
I’m with you actually. There’s a decent number of players I’m annoyed by before we get to Fellaini. He’s got bigger balls than most

Charlie Foley

I like Fellaini, but I'm getting seriously tired of him being played in a normal midfield position. He's a role-player, not an actual midfielder. If you want someone to sit deep and really protect the defenders, he can do that as he showed in those two games earlier in the season. If you want someone to man-mark an opposition danger-man, he can do that (although Herrera is probably better). If you want someone you can bring on in the last 20-30 minutes and really change the game (either offensively or defensively), he's the man.

Give him a specific role to fill and he's generally good at it. But just putting him in the midfield and expecting things to work out? No. Just no.

I think this is probably the most accurate assessment we can manage. Well said

tieunhilang

Strange. People complain about we don't have someone taking the game by the scruff of its neck and actually deliver in big moments. Fellaini scored the goal that sealed our ticket to next round in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. Yet all these people are slating him off? Bizarre! :rolleyes:

ash_86

He's a unselfish player who can bring down the ball and hold it well. Why not make full use of it?

----------------Fellaini-------------
---Martial------------------Sanchez

He can bring in Martial and Sanchez into play like Giroud does for Chelsea

tieunhilang

He's a unselfish player who can bring down the ball and hold it well. Why not make full use of it?

----------------Fellaini-------------
---Martial------------------Sanchez

He can bring in Martial and Sanchez into play like Giroud does for Chelsea
I think we really miss a trick when Giroud left Arsenal and we let him joined Chelsea without putting up a fight. Then we spent the next season moaning about we have no one to hold up and bring others to play as well as Ibrahimovic... :nervous:

Charlie Foley

FELLAINI GOALS FOR UNITED

As a few people have wondered “how many times has Fellaini rescued us?” I went looking through the goals he’s scored for us.

This season:
Last minute winner tonight, and a 95th minute equaliser against Derby in the League Cup to send it to penalties (we lost on penalties but Fellaini scored his). Fellaini was a substitute.

2017/18
Scores the second (I think) in a 2-0 win at home to Leicester in what was a game we dominated. Probably offside. Substitute again.

Scores the first in a 3-0 win v Basel when we were still good.

Scores the second and third in a 4-0 win v Palace.

Heads a 91st minute winner against Arsenal in a 2-1 win. Again a substitute. Hit the post shortly before scoring.
(Also scored the equaliser in Belgium’s 3-2 comeback against Japan...as a substitute).

2016/17

Scores the second in the 87th minute in a 2-0 win against Hull in the League Cup semi final first leg. We lose the second leg 2-1 and go through on aggregate. Again a substitute :lol:

Scores the first in a 4-0 FA Cup win v Wigan.

Scores the first in a 3-1 win at Boro.

Scores our goal in a 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in the second leg of the Europa League. Puts us 2-0 up on aggregate and ultimately the goal that sends us through.

2015/2016

Scores the third in a 3-1 win at home to Brugges in the 90th minute. Basically guarantees our progress into CL group stages. Substitute.

Scores the equaliser in a 2-1 defeat at Bournemouth.

Scores to put us 2-0 up in an FA Cup quarter final replay against West Ham. We win 2-1.

Scores to put us 1-0 up in FA Cup semi final against Everton. We win 2-1.

2014/15

Scores the first equaliser in a 2-2 draw at WBA. Substitute! First indication he might be alright for us actually.

Scores the first in a 2-1 win at home to Stoke.

Scores the first in a 2-0 win at QPR. Substitute.

Puts us 2-1 up in a 3-1 comeback at Preston in the FA Cup.

Scores the first in a 3-0 win at home to Spurs.

Puts us 2-1 up in a 4-2 win at home to City. His finest hour (?) as he crushes Yaya.

78th minute winner in a 2-1 win at Palace, think this guaranteed a top 4 finish.

2013/14

Dribbles the ball out for a throw in against Bayern Munich.

Rajma

Its a real mystery why that is so mate. Proper head scratcher.
This sounds really bad, and I’m sorry, but I actually kinda, but also genuinely hate everyone in this thread that’s trying to be positive and complimentary. I mean, I’m sure you’re all very nice, and look after your mums, but seriously, feck you all. I’ve absolutely no idea what planet you live on, but I hope it explodes.

We’re a dead club walking for as long as this thread remains relevant.
:lol::lol: It’s funny but true at the same time.

MuranoLover

https://www.transfermarkt.com/marouane-fellaini/alletore/spieler/39679
FELLAINI GOALS FOR UNITED

As a few people have wondered “how many times has Fellaini rescued us?” I went looking through the goals he’s scored for us.

This season:
Last minute winner tonight, and a 95th minute equaliser against Derby in the League Cup to send it to penalties (we lost on penalties but Fellaini scored his). Fellaini was a substitute.

2017/18
Scores the second (I think) in a 2-0 win at home to Leicester in what was a game we dominated. Probably offside. Substitute again.

Scores the first in a 3-0 win v Basel when we were still good.

Scores the second and third in a 4-0 win v Palace.

Heads a 91st minute winner against Arsenal in a 2-1 win. Again a substitute. Hit the post shortly before scoring.
(Also scored the equaliser in Belgium’s 3-2 comeback against Japan...as a substitute).

2016/17

Scores the second in the 87th minute in a 2-0 win against Hull in the League Cup semi final first leg. We lose the second leg 2-1 and go through on aggregate. Again a substitute :lol:

Scores the first in a 4-0 FA Cup win v Wigan.

Scores the first in a 3-1 win at Boro.

Scores our goal in a 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in the second leg of the Europa League. Puts us 2-0 up on aggregate and ultimately the goal that sends us through.

2015/2016

Scores the third in a 3-1 win at home to Brugges in the 90th minute. Basically guarantees our progress into CL group stages. Substitute.

Scores the equaliser in a 2-1 defeat at Bournemouth.

Scores to put us 2-0 up in an FA Cup quarter final replay against West Ham. We win 2-1.

Scores to put us 1-0 up in FA Cup semi final against Everton. We win 2-1.

2014/15

Scores the first equaliser in a 2-2 draw at WBA. Substitute! First indication he might be alright for us actually.

Scores the first in a 2-1 win at home to Stoke.

Scores the first in a 2-0 win at QPR. Substitute.

Puts us 2-1 up in a 3-1 comeback at Preston in the FA Cup.

Scores the first in a 3-0 win at home to Spurs.

Puts us 2-1 up in a 4-2 win at home to City. His finest hour (?) as he crushes Yaya.

78th minute winner in a 2-1 win at Palace, think this guaranteed a top 4 finish.

2013/14

Dribbles the ball out for a throw in against Bayern Munich.

Charlie Foley

Doesn't include this season. Skip to 0:27 for the best bit of commentary you'll hear.

redshaw

Fellaini would be better playing instead of Lukaku when we get our midfielders like Herrera back. Martial and others could use the knockdowns and maybe a decent ball in.

Lukaku looks broken. We can't keep waiting on him.

ash_86

I think we really miss a trick when Giroud left Arsenal and we let him joined Chelsea without putting up a fight. Then we spent the next season moaning about we have no one to hold up and bring others to play as well as Ibrahimovic... :nervous:
Yes, Giroud has a good header and can hold up the ball well.

spiriticon

It doesn't matter how matter millions are spent in attack. At the end of the day, there is only Fellaini who is the Plan A, B and C.

FML.

Foxbatt

I do not know why he is getting slated here so much. He had a decent game in a poor team. If you do not use him to the best of his abilities then he cannot play well. The same with any player.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Strange. People complain about we don't have someone taking the game by the scruff of its neck and actually deliver in big moments. Fellaini scored the goal that sealed our ticket to next round in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. Yet all these people are slating him off? Bizarre! :rolleyes:
It's the same people who will laugh at the quality of opposition (it's just the Yung Bois after all) and go to the Martial/Rashford/whoever the feck is the flavour of the month thread and make innumerable excuses for them failing to even get a shot on target against such farmers. It's laughable but it has been so ever since Fellaini got here, it's the same people complaining the same shit about him for the last 5 years, illogical as their twaddle is.

Revaulx

Completely agree. Give him a “free rôle” and he’s terrible; a specific one (and he can do several) and he’s a match winner.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Haven't watched the game on TV yet but thought he was really good last night. Kept it simple in our half, some nice flicks and chance creation, wasn't often dispossessed.

AND the match winner... in another must-win European game! People who hate him for being limited or not United quality should be looking at the more "talented" players who don't nearly match his contribution.

el3mel

Here I'm gonna say it : he has been our best signing post Fergie and the one who gave us the most in these boring years.

Member 90887

Only on the Caf you would see someone claiming that a player did not deserve to score a winner. Poor Felli can't catch a break.
That doesn't even mean anything! how do you deserve to score the winner ? people are fecking nuts in here!

el3mel

He really hasn't. Also, Fellaini, and our other limited players (and limited managers), are the reason why these years have been boring.
No he has. He has been a major contribution in the few trophies we won in these years, and scored loads of vital goals. His form has been the most consistent. He has given us far more than some of the signings the fan drooled over to no end like Depay, Bastian, Morgan, Di Maria, Falcao, Sanchez ..etc. All this while getting booed and hated by the fans in a ridiculous way but he keeps going on, doing the job and saving our arses from time to time..There's no signing that had made as major and consistent impact from year to year like he did, and he's definitely not the reason of our decline.

I wish that our players have half of his mentality when they step on the pitch. Just half of it will be fine.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Fellaini has been extremely underrated for a while. I said it when he was bought, but he is not a defensive midfielder for me, get him in and around the box and he is an extremely effective player.
It depends what you mean by underrated, he's not the donkey some will have you believe but he's very obviously not good enough for a team with United's aspirations. Like a lot of players he's effective when we base our entire game round him, the biggest problem for United is that we should never have to resort to Fellaini at all, we should have a Plan A good enough to beat a team like Young Boys 4-0. Fellaini isn't a bad player by any means but he encourages the football that infuriates the average United fan, no one wants to see us sit there struggling for creativity all night and just resorting to hoofing the ball up to him, sometimes it works but a lot less than you think.

Fellaini very rarely plays DM for us anyway, he's made to play B2B or as the advanced midfielder, very, very rarely do we play him as a DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.