Mason Greenwood (Please post respectfully)

Do you want Mason Greenwood to return next year ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dempsey19

Sponsors will kick up a fuss, women's team will kick up a fuss. Many groups will kick up a fuss.

Not worth the hassle. Fire him out of a cannon.

Conor

Nothing like one of these threads to remind you how shite most people are.

Giggsyking

Those who wants him back (even if he is innocent/not found guilty) must think about all the negative PR that will surround him. We dont need that PR and negativity at the club and the dressing room.

But I will anyways wait for the club's decision to give my opinion. They have much more information than me.

BarstoolProphet

Bro. There is literally zero evidence to ever say he raped her. I don’t know why that still circulates.
Evidence in cases like this often can be circumstantial, which, if convincing, can be seen as enough evidence to convict. Very dangerous road you are going down with that argument.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
This thread is shocking , really some of the worst posts I have ever seen on RedCafe.
I'm glad I saw this post from you. I'm gonna get out of this thread before I see posters I like saying they want him back. Don't think I can take the heartache.

GledTheRed

Training with who ? You see players coming back from long lay offs in a specific training regimen within their teams, struggle a lot to go back to their best level.
Training on your own might keep you in shape but it won't be nearly the required level
Guys a millionaire, you think he's been training in the park?

You also think united have had no input?

marktan

Bring him back but stipulate he has to do lots of charity work and donate some of his salary to charity.

Denis79

I guess all those that have voted ‘no’ also think that prisoners should not be allowed to work when released from prison. In fact… no… all people that have been arrested (and had charges dropped) should have no future either?
If he genuinely shows regret pubicly and accepts some responsibility I would accept some form of come-back but coming back and pretending like nothing ever happened, nope I would never accept that as fan for over 35 years, the club is bigger than him. I would honestly stop supporting and watching United if that happens.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I think it's incredibly arrogant and frankly outrageous that so many on here think they are effectively above the law and think the club ought to instead adhere to a trial by social media. Shame on you.
:lol:

BerryBerryShrew

Just to clarify: Greenwood was caught on tape saying some really unpleasant stuff, but there is no evidence that anything further occurred; the girl in question is back in a relationship with the guy and the case against him has been dismissed.

I'm not asking the following question rhetorically: to all the people who are disgusted at the idea of MG ever playing for us again, why were you not so virulently against CR coming back to us? Genuinely curious.

https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...nts-emerge-in-rape-allegations-a-1241349.html

For what it's worth, I think he needs to be shipped off on loan for next season and if he picks it up where he left off as a world class yong talent, then we see about either selling him for a good price or reintegration him into the team in the summer of 2025.

I don't see it happening though. Losing 18 months of development means that he is more likely to be like the current version of Dele Alli than the current version of Bukayo Saka.

BarstoolProphet

Sponsors will kick up a fuss, women's team will kick up a fuss. Many groups will kick up a fuss.

Not worth the hassle. Fire him out of a cannon.
I'm pretty sure the club has sought advise with those groups beforehand before making a decision public.

Wing Attack Plan R

It was pretty difficult supporting the club with Ronaldo 2.0 in the squad, what with his unambiguous Las Vegas story, and I’d rather the club just set a higher bar for player behavior. I don’t expect our players to be paragons of virtue, but there is a line and MG clearly crossed it.

STYLOISRED

I'm pretty sure if a high-profile player gets suspected, nevermind convicted of war crimes or murder, then I'm pretty sure said player would never play at a high-profile club again. Also they aren't being given second chances because everyone thinks they deserve it, but because of the law. Utterly weird comparison and I suspect you will acknowledge that when thinking it a bit more through.
[Irrelevant point] was responsible for the death of a young woman. He has had a pretty decent career hasn't he??

mu4c_20le

Nobody knows the true context of the video or audio clip. They look and sound bad but lots of things do look worse when absent of their true context.

Relationships are incredibly complex and I find it unnerving that so many feel they know exactly what happened and what the context was. As said before, couples regularly engage in all sorts of sexual roleplay and that's a possibility in this instance. We just don't know.

What we do know is that Mason Greenwood was investigated in depth and the Police concluded in the end that he had no case to answer. We are supposed to live in a society governed by laws with police and courts used to enforce them, while we respect and abide by the outcomes decided (even if we disagree sometimes)

I think it's incredibly arrogant and frankly outrageous that so many on here think they are effectively above the law and think the club ought to instead adhere to a trial by social media. Shame on you.
Yeah I'm not sure about jumping to all sorts of conclusions based on a minute long clip. He was 19 at the time, doesn't excuse him obviously but kids say stupid shit and he was known to be immature.

Redfan94

Young people make mistakes, especially those such as footballers who aren't in touch with the real world. If the whole thing was a fact he was being convicted with then its too big a mistake to forgive and would learn the hard way behind bars. But because this is not the case I feel he does deserve a second chance. Thank God I had people gave me 2nd chances when my life could have went another direction
I made my mistakes when I was his age. I experimented with drugs, I took my parents for granted and I had an attitude that I’d look back on in later life and regret.

I didn’t attempt to rape and beat my partner.

His behaviour can’t be rationalised, and in turn, normalised as the behaviour of an immature youngster.

Biggins

Didn’t get an answer to this and I’m genuinely curious

I’m so shocked it’s not a landslide in the poll
I will bite.

Yes, considered it and from business side perspective we would not be the first enterprise to tackle such scandal.

The club needs to consult all the stakeholders, present the plan for handling the whole situation and actual steps taken to rehabilitate the player in question. If the stakeholders are not convinced and there is a risk of significant economic losses then of course like any other business the club needs to mitigate any losses and let Mg go.

However, in my opinion the club has some redeeming to do in respect of MG. These young players spend probably more time at the club than at home so the club also needs to take part in bringing up these kids and the club clearly failed on that part with Mason. However, there is still time to rectify it as a 21 year old kid can change. Yes, for me 21 year olds are not yet fully developed adults even though legally they are.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I didn't open this thread expecting to get a chuckle, but that's just fecking excellent :lol:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
[Irrelevant point] was responsible for the death of a young woman. He has had a pretty decent career hasn't he??
I say that all the time, more of our players should aspire to be like [Irrelevant point].

mu4c_20le

Evidence in cases like this often can be circumstantial, which, if convincing, can be seen as enough evidence to convict. Very dangerous road you are going down with that argument.
There was no conviction despite strong interest from the public. As you said, if the evidence was convincing enough, in some cases they don't even need the victim to testify.

Withnail

Nobody knows the true context of the video or audio clip. They look and sound bad but lots of things do look worse when absent of their true context.

Relationships are incredibly complex and I find it unnerving that so many feel they know exactly what happened and what the context was. As said before, couples regularly engage in all sorts of sexual roleplay and that's a possibility in this instance. We just don't know.

What we do know is that Mason Greenwood was investigated in depth and the Police concluded in the end that he had no case to answer. We are supposed to live in a society governed by laws with police and courts used to enforce them, while we respect and abide by the outcomes decided (even if we disagree sometimes)

Amazing

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't see it happening though. Losing 18 months of development means that he is more likely to be like the current version of Dele Alli than the current version of Bukayo Saka.
Leaving my opinions to one side, in footballing terms he could get back to the player he was. He has after all not suffered an injury like Shaw did which meant he couldn't been train for 9 months. If he has kept in shape and conducted some basic training then he should be OK.

Dele Alli seemed to have just lost all motivation and didn't adapt his game.

Redfan94

Can’t help but feel there’s a strong correlation between the sentiment in some of the replies in here, and willingness from some of our fans for the Qatari’s to takeover the club.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
@Biggins Using one of your few daily posts to quote yourself is a bold move. I like it.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I say that all the time, more of our players should aspire to be like [Irrelevant point].
"What would [Irrelevant point] do?" - David Moyes
I am just reading and not posting any more, because if I did I would get banned for sure. My blood is already boiling.
Yeah I think I'm heading back out. This is really frustrating.

stw2022

Would doubt he's a millionaire. He hasn't been playing the game long enough. Plus I imagine he's had an expensive last couple of years.

Phil Jones Face

I made my mistakes when I was his age. I experimented with drugs, I took my parents for granted and I had an attitude that I’d look back on in later life and regret.

I didn’t attempt to rape and beat my partner.

His behaviour can’t be rationalised, and in turn, normalised as the behaviour of an immature youngster.
Oh boy, you've lived a sheltered life.

You haven't lived until you casually rape somebody, claim it was a mistake, do a little litter-picking and waltz back into a multi million pound job.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Wherever he'd train, nothing will ever replace team training, team bonding and real match fitness/sharpness.
It would take him a while to get back to a decent form, never mind improve on the many elements he had to before.
Besides, there is no way he is a millionaire

lsd

The Oracle
Theres no way he could play football again at least in the UK let alone for us.

He should be jail there's no doubt about that and he is extremely lucky he is not.

He is not innocent nor found innocent and again they're is way he should be playing football

Mainoldo

Did you listen to the audio? There’s no concrete evidence but there is audio of him saying he will have sex with her if he wants to and her saying no.
So. How many people have said they’d beat you up and gone through with it.

I’ve been or heard many men talk reckless to woman and I would be silly to call them all abusers. Sometimes you have to use live experience as a judge of a situation.

Did he beat her up, me personally I think he did. But listening to that tape I would never say he’s a rapist.

Withnail

Yeah I'm not sure about jumping to all sorts of conclusions based on a minute long clip. He was 19 at the time, doesn't excuse him obviously but kids say stupid shit and he was known to be immature.
He wasn't just talking and/or saying stupid shit. Listen to it again. imo he was in the process of coercing her into sex but make up your own mind obviously.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
As I said it many times, that guy is an oppo troll, in my opinion.

He writes devil's advocate posts that seem reasonable on the face of it but really, there's no way he has all the beliefs expressed in his posts and is a United fan.

For one, no United fan is a Glazer apologist, at least not on here.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
So. How many people have said they’d beat you up and gone through with it.

I’ve been or heard many men talk reckless to woman and I would be silly to call them all abusers. Sometimes you have to use live experience as a judge of a situation.

Did he beat her up, me personally I think he did. But listening to that tape I would never say he’s a rapist.
What a rollercoaster, one that potentially never even ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.