2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Telsim

Second most bizarre signing after Van de Beek. It's like going to the supermarket to buy sugar because you are making a cake... and you end up buying pet rock.

Ace of Spades

I don't want to jump on him as he is new, but those who watched the pre-season can tell that he was like this in those games as well, and was out shined by the likes of Mainoo, Hannibal and even Gore.

Nit looking too great so far.

Pronewbie

Peep
Still early days but has any of his supporters shifted their stance since? I never thought this was going to work out and it still doesn't look like it will, unfortunately.

izec

He is an upgraded Donny/Sabitzer with a bit more adapability but many of the same issues. Absolutely isn't a CM behind a 10 which makes the signing very odd unless we are looking to move Bruno on.
Not sure he is an upgrade on Sabitzer. So far, absolutely not. Sabitzer was avaiable for a quarter of the fee though.

jem

It's an utter head-scratcher as to why ETH thought this guy should be a priority signing.

AndyMUFC

I think the baffling thing is we’re scraping around relying on player sales to fund a different type of midfielder when that should’ve been the first priority. This was a luxury signing once you’ve solved some other issues.

He’s far from the only problem but he’s not solving a lot.

PSV

He's a downgrade on any of our previous midfielders bar Donny. Midtable player.

SAFMUTD

Definitely looking like a misfit. Can't see how him and Bruno be starters. It's even worse than having Eriksen and that's a huge thing to say.

izec

I think the baffling thing is we’re scraping around relying on player sales to fund a different type of midfielder when that should’ve been the first priority. This was a luxury signing once you’ve solved some other issues.

He’s far from the only problem but he’s not solving a lot.
The biggest issue is why did our manager go for him as a priority? Whatever his plan was, which is very dubious. it is not working. And now what? Bench?
ETH should not be the one making signings anymore. Antony and now this, he is pissing money down the wall.

Leg-End

That midfield three can’t continue, already. So we find ourselves in the position of most likely dropping Mount or playing him out of position to fit him in. Bruno won’t be dropped, Casemiro can’t be dropped.

Seems a brain dead signing the more I think about it, if we got him on a free next summer it would have made sense.

OverratedOpinion

Still early days but has any of his supporters shifted their stance since? I never thought this was going to work out and it still doesn't look like it will, unfortunately.
I'm getting there.

It's a weird thing because he's individuallly not doing anything terrible. I thought his youth, legs and endevour behind the ball would give us more than Eriksen and he would have more attacking umpth when we were in possession.

Maybe I underated what Eriksen was doing as a central midfielder.

We will see what happens, I still trust Ten Hag. I'd love to hear him talk about it clearly and in a decent amount of depth.

Idxomer

He made 14 passes in 103 minutes :lol:

edit: 85 minutes I forgot he was subbed.

jasT1981

What was the point in signing him? Our priority going into the summer was a striker, and we ended up going after Mount, then created a situation where a keeper was now priority given how we handled De Gea. What can he do, that others we have in the same position not do?

FerociousCorgis

Hope he figures shit out because at this point I'd rather have just added a cheaper combo like amrabat and kone vs spending it all on mount. I understood hojlund and onana choices but this was the one I was least comfy with

kundalini

Anonymous for a 2nd match running. Got the ball to Garnacho a few times in the first half then disappeared. Surprised he wasn't substituted a lot earlier.

Abraxas

Should of bought Maddison
Better player in my opinion. Always completely baffled me Southgate showed him no faith yet loved Mount essentially doing what he did today..just standing in pockets.

Maddison impacts games more. He's a bit patchy in games but for quality of production I'd rather have him. Least he's effective when he's on the ball.

mcutdgreat

Supports
Arseanal
great signing..I dont know he was on the pitch until he was subbed

sammyhol

Someone… please… other than just “trust the manager” , “give him time” , “it’s only two games”

please tell me what the point of this signing was.

E-mal

He is an average player that had one good season. He is not the right fit and not good enough.

OverratedOpinion

Someone… please… other than just “trust the manager” , “give him time” , “it’s only two games”

please tell me what the point of this signing was.
It's very hard to comment on without hearing Ten Hag talk about it. With what some clubs are spending on backup for all we know he was brought as backup to Bruno and for the wide positions and Ten Hag expected us to act like a big club and be able to sign Amrabat or whoever.

We will have no idea.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Good player but not a priority at the present over fixing the central base of midfield.

edgecutter

McTominay should be ahead of him and I want McTominay sold. Two players that hide and do feck all in games.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It's very hard to comment on without hearing Ten Hag talk about it. With what some clubs are spending on backup for all we know he was brought as backup to Bruno and for the wide positions and Ten Hag expected us to act like a big club and be able to sign Amrabat or whoever.

We will have no idea.
A back up and given the no7 shirt?
Yeah I doubt that.

Also amrabat himself is a back up level midfielder not a starting one.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s a better player than he’s shown but so far he’s not what we needed. Looks a bit silly compared to Newcastle signing Tonali, hopefully it’s just a settling in period and he can learn to play in midfield.

Castia

It’s not on Mount, he can’t impress in this setup in fact nobody can the setup of the team is completely off

Irwin99

Very early days but I just don't see how he fits in.

Managers clearly love him, I remember Southgate used to pick him over Foden for the 10 role for England but I just don't see a great player there.

Chief123

So we bought Mount to play in a position where Amrabat or Caicedo are miles better?

ETH thought he would slot in to be the replacement for an ageing Eriksen. Two problems, one Eriksen was struggling last season with any kind of physicality and two, Mount is shite.

He needs to be shunted to the bench as soon as possible.

OverratedOpinion

A back up and given the no7 shirt?
Yeah I doubt that.

Also amrabat himself is a back up level midfielder not a starting one.
Who knows, that could have just been a commercial decision as he's very sellable. Or he just asked for it and Ten Hag couldn't care less as it's just a shirt number.

We just don't know.