2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Litch

Hoping this lad comes to the party soon....he has a lot of people to prove wrong.

RuudTom83

Hoping this lad comes to the party soon....he has a lot of people to prove wrong.
Looked like he was taking part in the footage released today, so I expect him to start on Tuesday if not come on in the second half.

lex talionis

This is yet another signing that was far from an urgent priority. I actually like Mount and feel he can do a job that Donny was never able to do as Bruno's cover, but I can't imagine that ETH brought Mason in to be Bruno's cover. We'll just have to see how it turns out, but as of now the jury is not amused.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This is yet another signing that was far from an urgent priority. I actually like Mount and feel he can do a job that Donny was never able to do as Bruno's cover, but I can't imagine that ETH brought Mason in to be Bruno's cover. We'll just have to see how it turns out, but as of now the jury is not amused.
I ten Hag might have tried to answer the Bruno question prematurely. The man has played an insane amount of football in the last two seasons and it catches up with you. He's approaching 30 and I wonder how long he can do it for. He might still have another 3 seasons in him.

Alexis Sánchez played a lot for Arsenal and Chile by the time he came to United he was finished.

lex talionis

I ten Hag might have tried to answer the Bruno question prematurely. The man has played an insane amount of football in the last two seasons and it catches up with you. He's approaching 30 and I wonder how long he can do it for. He might still have another 3 seasons in him.

Alexis Sánchez played a lot for Arsenal and Chile by the time he came to United he was finished.
I hadn't considered that so perhaps this may be a lost season where Mason heals physically and perhaps even mentally from the trauma of the last few seasons with Chelsea. According to google, Mount is only 24. If we just write off this season as a recovery season he should have another 5-6 quality seasons left in him.

I don't want to start a rumor without any foundation in fact, but I have a hunch that ETH is planning the phasing out of Bruno to phase in Mount. But I have no proof of that whatsoever. It could well be that ETH views Mount as a midfielder who could link Casemiro and Bruno.

Em765

Signings like Mount do piss me off.
I hope he works out but I only see it as a RW potentially.
How did we go for him between him and Kovacic.
City got Kovacic for 25 million, he is nominated for their player of the month, was reading their forum the other day, they are convinced he is better than Rice too, let alone Mount and its probably true but conventional wisdom you would find that laughable cuz English players get so overrated and we keep falling for it. Well at least we got Amabarat, I am happy about that one.

I have no idea where and how we will fit in Mount but I am about 10000000 % sure he isnt ever going to work out as a midfielder next to Bruno.

It will be considered a bad buy IMO.
Just infuriating how we always get it wrong and City get it right.

Em765

I hadn't considered that so perhaps this may be a lost season where Mason heals physically and perhaps even mentally from the trauma of the last few seasons with Chelsea. According to google, Mount is only 24. If we just write off this season as a recovery season he should have another 5-6 quality seasons left in him.

I don't want to start a rumor without any foundation in fact, but I have a hunch that ETH is planning the phasing out of Bruno to phase in Mount. But I have no proof of that whatsoever. It could well be that ETH views Mount as a midfielder who could link Casemiro and Bruno.

I think the plan was for Mount to replace Erikson but isnt that type of a player.
Erikson is much more of a midfielder, distributor, can play deeper etc. Mount is a raumdauter like Muller. RW probably is his best position.

GMoore23

A lot better further forward as we already knew. Bruno needs to look over his shoulder.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Assist, no 007 round here.

Did he go off just to build up match fitness?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Best game for us, by some distance. Long may this continue.

Irwin99

Good performance with some very nice passing. As others have said, i'd probably be more tempted to put Bruno on the right even if that means a lacks of width.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Best player on the pitch tonight, very promising.

RedOrange

Mount moved all over the pitch. Started alongside Hannibal in midfield, at times swapped places with Casemiro at DM to drop deep and collect the ball, Amrabat at LB to do the same, and Garnacho and Pellistri so he could collect the ball further up the pitch. He slid the ball in for Pellistri who probably should have gotten a shot away.

He's a huge improvement technically over McTominay, better at pressing than Eriksen and he runs more than both.

crossy1686

career ending
I’ve slammed him since before we even signed him but he was very good today, it’s like he realised what it takes to be a United player and play in the final 3rd. More of that please

BorisManUtd

With Sancho and Antony unavailable think we could see Mount at RW a lot over next few weeks or even months. Very good tonight though in his best position probably.

kundalini

Several super cross-field passes in the first half to either Dalot or Pellistri in space on the right, including in the build-up to the opening goal. Also assist for Casemiro's goal from a corner.

Sylar

Excited he's back, defo better further forward. Nice whip on the corner too

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Thought he was great! Needed that to keep the weirdos already writing off his career off his back.

TrailMonkey

A very mobile player. Does the simple things well, has good link up, comfortable with one-two touch, and tries to progress the ball.

Decent display tonight. Hopefully he'll start ramping up those types of performance against better opposition.

Bwuk

He was very good. Hopefully the sub was just for fitness reasons.

Crimson King

With Sancho and Antony unavailable think we could see Mount at RW a lot over next few weeks or even months. Very good tonight though in his best position probably.
Think you might be right. I think him and Bruno swapping in and out of that position throughout a match could keep the opposition guessing, and not completely restrict one of them to being out of their favoured position.