2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Leethal

Would prefer a little caution with hammys.
I agree. Hamstrings are often finicky and as soon as they are put under real game stress, the injury can resurface. Or there is always that lingering doubt in the players mind, so they go "easy".

12 months should suffice.

TheReligion

Abusive
I agree. Hamstrings are often finicky and as soon as they are put under real game stress, the injury can resurface. Or there is always that lingering doubt in the players mind, so they go "easy".

You don’t like Mount.

We get it.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't dislike Mount at all. So you clearly don't get it.

I'm just having fun with that post. Relax, kiddo.
I mean you have one of the highest post counts in the thread predominantly consisting of things like this

A year? He's spent his career in the premier league. Why should he be afforded that luxury, just to find out he's shite?
Won’t be missed.

Not fit to wear our shirt at all, let alone the #7.
Yes, we've been doing nothing well - which Mount has excelled at spectacularly. In fact, I'd say at doing nothing at all, he's been the best we've got.
He's been shite for years.
Ah, yes, apologies. He was magnificent for Chelsea for the past few seasons - doubly so for the National team.

No. No he wasn't. He's been shit for the past few seasons, and he's continued in that vein for United. What we're seeing now, is what you can expect from him.
That's a fair point. I can't argue that.

I still don't like Mount, though! :)
I like:

---------------- Hojlund
Rashford ---- Bruno ----- Antony
-----Amrabat -------- Casemiro

1. Mount

Entitled to your opinion of course but you clearly don’t like the player so why suggest otherwise.

The routine gets being quite quickly though so perhaps change your posting style if you want others to take you, and your views, more seriously.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I mean you have one of the highest post counts in the thread predominantly consisting of things like this

Entitled to your opinion of course but you clearly don’t like the player so why suggest otherwise.

The routine gets being quite quickly though so perhaps change your posting style if you want others to take you, and your views, more seriously.
That and a few posts from that same poster in the “play McT up front” thread calling Mount both a fraud and “an abortion of a signing”….I mean, yeah, he clearly doesn’t hate Mount (the player) one bit. Weird, guys barely kicked a ball for us to get slated this much.

Oldyella

That and a few posts from that same poster in the “play McT up front” thread calling Mount both a fraud and “an abortion of a signing”….I mean, yeah, he clearly doesn’t hate Mount (the player) one bit. Weird, guys barely kicked a ball for us to get slated this much.
Doesnt dislike him though, just having fun..

ShinjiNinja26

Talk about living rent free. :lol:

Leethal

Why does he have to kick a ball for us? Why is he afforded the luxury of "time"? He comes from the premier league. He doesn't need to adjust. He's just not a very good footballer, in my opinion. He's a nothing player. Doesn't excel at anything and doesn't even really have a set position. Where does he actually play? Wide? 10? 8? He's not good at any of those - and the one he is, what I would say 'the best at', we're well stocked in with Bruno.

Congratulations. We spent 55m on a player that's not overly good at football, but runs around and tries hard, while neglecting positions that needed addressing.

And like I said elsewhere, this isn't his fault. I don't dislike Mount, the person. I dislike Mount, the footballer. And I dislike everything about this transfer. It epitomises everything wrong with our club over the past decade.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Jaysus. Not sure how this one slipped though the newbie cracks. People need to control their hatred for individual players. It makes this place feel like a YouTube comment section full of people trying their worst hand at banter.

Leethal

Jaysus. Not sure how this one slipped though the newbie cracks. People need to control their hatred for individual players. It makes this place feel like a YouTube comment section full of people trying their worst hand at banter.
Apologies my opinion does not align with yours. I am allowed to not agree with a signing, no? Or does it have to be rainbows and butterflies?

Also, attack my posts. not me. Thank you

Leethal

Never denied that. I don't like him as a player at all. But there is a distinct difference in disliking him as a person, vs. disliking him as a footballer,

dutchred

I am curious to see how we will play when
Casemiro, Amrabat, Eriksen, Mainoo, Mount and Bruno are all fit

saik

I am curious to see how we will play when
Casemiro, Amrabat, Eriksen, Mainoo, Mount and Bruno are all fit
Most probably one of Bruno/Mount will be shifted to the right as Antony has been given leave of absence. I think it will be Bruno on the right.

daveskimufc

Really want to see mount on the right. Fernandes is not nearly as effective out there.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Never denied that. I don't like him as a player at all. But there is a distinct difference in disliking him as a person, vs. disliking him as a footballer,
Yep, hence I specifically said “the footballer” in my comment just to avoid confusion.

On your earlier post (I forgot to quote both), id say be a little patient and give him some time before going overboard with the criticism (as is your right though). Yeah he’s played in the EPL (where he’s won Chelsea POTY twice not to forget) but he’s not played under EtH or with our players for long so give him some time to adjust and then maybe form an opinion on the signing. Alas, I’m not really too fussed either way to argue the merits as I’ll just wait and take the optimistic approach in terms of him settling and contributing to our team.

marktan

Why does he have to kick a ball for us? Why is he afforded the luxury of "time"? He comes from the premier league. He doesn't need to adjust. He's just not a very good footballer, in my opinion. He's a nothing player. Doesn't excel at anything and doesn't even really have a set position. Where does he actually play? Wide? 10? 8? He's not good at any of those - and the one he is, what I would say 'the best at', we're well stocked in with Bruno.

Congratulations. We spent 55m on a player that's not overly good at football, but runs around and tries hard, while neglecting positions that needed addressing.

And like I said elsewhere, this isn't his fault. I don't dislike Mount, the person. I dislike Mount, the footballer. And I dislike everything about this transfer. It epitomises everything wrong with our club over the past decade.
People on this forum love to dig through posts to satisify their own ego trip, then usual suspects pile on afterwards. Everyone and their dog knows Mount has been poor for ages and yet people will still tow the 'he won player of the year twice' as some of sort of justification - all the whilst forgetting it's a fan vote for whomever the fans like the most, not based on footballing merit.

People are in the denial stage, it took a few years with Sancho for people to realise he's average, will be the same for Mount

OrcaFat

Honestly, who gives a shit about liking (or disliking) Mount “the person”. When it’s said that you don’t like him, the default interpretation must be “as a footballer” not how polite or interesting he is.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI

I generally follow this logic.
Good players are supposed to be good at one those pesky things like adjusting to team dynamics (external factors permitting).
Using Bruno for quick example, he was pretty much like a duck to the water.
I don't consider Bruno world class or anything like that, but he's good and not just for 1 season.
Mason is continuing form he's had for a season plus.
He may well improve his form but it might be at the expense of better-performing teammate or the team balance.
Right now, that 250kpw is yielding a grim ROI.

redIndianDevil

I hope Mount gets fits soon. Now that Antony is away for sometime, I hope EtH plays Bruno on the right and Mount through the middle. It will ease a bit of pressure on Mount and also let him play in his natural position.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don’t need to rush him in for Brighton. I’d go with either Amrabat and Casa in the middle with Eriksen in front and then Bruno on the right or Eriksen and Casa with Bruno in front but that depends if ETH wants to use Rashford or Pellestri on the right

redIndianDevil

Best season of Mason Mount 21/22 (2363 minutes played, no penalties) - 11 goals, 10 assists (21 G+A)
Best season of Bruno Fernandes 20/21 (3099 minutes played, no penalties) - 9 goals, 12 assists (21 G+A)
I'm not sure what you are implying here, that Mount is as creative and as effective as Bruno? Of those Mount stats 5 goals and 2 assists have come against Norwich and Southampton in 6-0, 7-0 drubbings. Bruno also has 7 assists in the CL.

IMO what Mount did at Chelsea is meaningless for us. We all know how creative Bruno is even without stats like goals and assists. All Mount has to do is exhibit something close to what Bruno does for us. Let's wait and give Mount a few more games.

Castia

I’m still confident that come next summer he will be seen as a very good transfer. Amrabat, Mount and Hojlund can completely change the dynamic of the team and I think Mount will excel out wide in the coming months.

Amrabat Casemiro
Mount Bruno Rashford
Hojlund

Is an exciting 11 in my opinion. Way more control and goals in that team for me.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m still confident that come next summer he will be seen as a very good transfer. Amrabat, Mount and Hojlund can completely change the dynamic of the team and I think Mount will excel out wide in the coming months.

Amrabat Casemiro
Mount Bruno Rashford
Hojlund

Is an exciting 11 in my opinion
I'd be happy with that.

zaafi

I'm not sure what you are implying here, that Mount is as creative and as effective as Bruno? Of those Mount stats 5 goals and 2 assists have come against Norwich and Southampton in 6-0, 7-0 drubbings. Bruno also has 7 assists in the CL.

IMO what Mount did at Chelsea is meaningless for us. We all know how creative Bruno is even without stats like goals and assists. All Mount has to do is exhibit something close to what Bruno does for us. Let's wait and give Mount a few more games.
I think you really should have followed the conversation before getting involved :p

Mount is not as creative as Bruno, he's far from it. The poster implied that Mount does not create chances and that the only thing he does is running around and pressing. I posted their stats from their best season just to show that it's false, and Mount's best is actually equal to Bruno's best in terms of actual output. This does not mean he is as creative as Bruno, though.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Good that he’s coming back quickly, we already have enough long term absentees.

I think we could try a 4-2-2-2 to accommodate all players and get over our RW issues.

——— Rashford — Hojlund ———
——— Mount — Fernandes ———
———Amrabat — Casemiro ———
Reguilon Martinez Lindelof AWB
————— Onana—————

Last edited:

redIndianDevil

I think you really should have followed the conversation before getting involved :p

Mount is not as creative as Bruno, he's far from it. The poster implied that Mount does not create chances and that the only thing he does is running around and pressing. I posted their stats from their best season just to show that it's false, and Mount's best is actually equal to Bruno's best in terms of actual output. This does not mean he is as creative as Bruno, though.
Why bring in Bruno into the conversation then? Mount's goals and assists stats stand on their own.

zaafi

Why bring in Bruno into the conversation then? Mount's goals and assists stats stand on their own.
To compare our new player who plays in a similar position to Bruno and show the poster that he does more than just press? Why does it matter to you if I bring Bruno into the conversation?

redIndianDevil

To compare our new player who plays in a similar position to Bruno and show the poster that he does more than just press? Why does it matter to you if I bring Bruno into the conversation?
Because this is Mounts performance thread and leads to pointless debates about Bruno when we should be talking about Mount’s performance. And so far Mount has created zilch for us, his past record doesn’t matter anymore.

zaafi

Because this is Mounts performance thread and leads to pointless debates about Bruno when we should be talking about Mount’s performance. And so far Mount has created zilch for us, his past record doesn’t matter anymore.
He has played 150 minutes and in a different position. You're discrediting Mount's running around in another post, but not acknowledging him being one of the most effective pressers in PL. It is not "pointless running around" as you called it, when his pressing forces mistakes.

I mean, if you can't compare players on a football forum, what are you even doing here?

redIndianDevil

He has played 150 minutes and in a different position. You're discrediting Mount's running around in another post, but not acknowledging him being one of the most effective pressers in PL. It is not "pointless running around" as you called it, when his pressing forces mistakes.

I mean, if you can't compare players on a football forum, what are you even doing here?
I agree he has only played 150 mins of football for us and in those 150 mins his pressing has hardly created anything. That’s the fact. There are plenty of other threads to compare Mount with other players in this forum. It was all well and good pulling Mounts stats and POTY in the transfer threads, here what Mount has done for us in this season alone matters.

Leethal

Wout Weghorst pressed. Fred pressed. Do they get special dispensation? Or only 55m Mason Mount?

Mount also has 1 tackle and 1 interception over the course of the 2 games, 3 duels won (10 lost), 0 aerial duals won (3 lost), 0 shots on target, and an expected assist of 0.03. Passing average of 19.5 passes per match. From central midfield.

So, yeah, if he's such a 'effective presser', I am yet to see it. In fact, I am yet to see much from him at all, as evidenced in the above stats.

RedOrange

Apologies my opinion does not align with yours. I am allowed to not agree with a signing, no? Or does it have to be rainbows and butterflies?

Also, attack my posts. not me. Thank you
Post something new or interesting then. We can all summarize your thoughts:

Mount isn't good at anything
We paid to much
You don't like him
You don't want him to play

You don't need to keep posting it 3 times a day. Your posts would be easily replaced by a rudimentary bot.